Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still no change.
 
Chapter 5
 
 
“Morning Fei!” Duo bounced into the kitchen causing Wufei to groan.
“What's wrong? Harry okay?”
 
“Still sleeping. Even drugged he had nightmares and since he was drugged I couldn't wake him up.”
 
“Ouch! Just don't shoot Heero, he thought he was doing the right thing.”
 
“Alright… I'll teach Harry how to shoot and let him do it.” Duo pouted and Wufei smiled.
 
“Not funny. Where are the lovebirds?”
 
“Still asleep.” They turned to face Heero as he entered, hair still wet from his shower. Duo went to give him a morning kiss. Wufei shook his head at the two.
“Harry?”
 
“Asleep. For future reference don't drug someone you know has nightmares.”
 
“Did you get any sleep Fei?”
 
“Some. He seems to have been sleeping fairly naturally for the last two hours so he could wake any time.”
 
“Right, so who wants to wake the lovebirds?” Heero simply moved to get breakfast and Wufei started reading the paper.
“Okay.” Duo headed for their bedroom. The two other pilots waited.
 
“DUO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” They blinked as Duo blurred past and then the front door slammed. Heero snickered slightly behind his coffee mug and Wufei shook his head. A few seconds later they were confronted by one mad blond pilot.
“Where is he?” Quatre all but growled. The other two just shrugged. They waited and sure enough the front door slammed again.
 
“What's going on?” They turned back to the hall to see Harry leaning heavily on the doorjamb, barely awake. He started to sway but Trowa came up behind him and caught him, guiding Harry to a seat.
“What happened? Why am I so tired?” He yawned, trying to keep his eyes open.
 
“Duo decided to wake Trowa and Quatre, Quatre is now chasing him around the neighbourhood. As to why you're tired, ask Yuy.” Wufei placed a coffee mug in Harry's hands helping him with the first few sips until the caffeine hit his system.
 
“Heero?”
 
“You still have some sedative in your system, technically you should still be unconscious.” That helped Harry wake up even further.
 
“You drugged me? Why?” It didn't take Quatre's abilities to know how betrayed Harry was feeling.
 
“You were about to do something stupid and would not listen to reason.”
 
“So you drugged me.”
 
“Yes.”
 
“You had no right!”
 
“Friends protect each other, I protected you.” With that Heero headed outside to track the other two down.
 
“Did you guys know what he was doing?”
 
“No, I suspected when you were suddenly unable to stay on your feet.”
 
“When was that?”
 
“When I helped you to the bedroom.”
 
“Oh, I don't remember that.”
 
“You were already pretty far gone. Were you really going to leave?”
 
“That was the plan.”
 
“Why?”
 
“What does it matter?” Harry put his head down on the table. Trowa moved around the kitchen, gathering food.
 
“Here, eat.” Harry sat up, accepting the food.
-------
The six had moved into the living room, Duo carefully keeping his distance from Quatre and Trowa while Harry stayed as far as he could from Heero, wary of a repeat of the previous night. He'd finally woken up fully after a shower and had changed into some of the clothes they'd bought the previous day. He wasn't sure how much of the clothing he'd actually ever wear, the tight jeans were a little revealing for his tastes. Unfortunately, he'd forgotten to take clothes into the bathroom with him so Duo had picked out his outfit and then passed it through. So, much to his discomfort, he was wearing a pair of tight black jeans, hiking boots and a tight white t-shirt with an unbuttoned dark blue dress shirt thrown over it. It had been his choice to forgo his glasses and try a pair of his new contact lenses.
 
“Looking good Harry.” Duo grinned at Harry's glare. Duo was dressed in black like usual but not his priests' outfit since they had to blend in. The only change Heero had made to his wardrobe was to exchange his shorts for jeans. The other three were dressed per normal since out of the five they had the most normal dress sense.
 
“Duo.”
 
“What Hee-chan? He does, besides someone had to break the silence.”
 
“Hn.”
 
“Harry, why weren't you going to say good bye?” Harry ducked his head, refusing to meet Quatre's eyes. He was not going to fall for the puppy look again!
“Didn't you think we'd miss you?” Harry's head shot up.
 
“No! You proved that when I went to London. It's just I…” Harry trailed off, not knowing how to continue. How on earth could he explain without telling them things that could get him thrown into prison?
 
“Is it your family? Please Harry, you can tell us.”
 
“No, I can't.” Harry stared at his shoes, they were really fascinating.
 
“We want to help you Harry but we can't if you won't talk to us.” Wrong thing to say.
 
“I didn't ask for your help! If you hadn't interfered I would have been gone last night! I can't stay! Just stop trying to help, I can take care of myself!” Shocked silence followed Harry's explosion while he stood there, breathing hard. Wufei got up and pushed him back into his seat, glaring at Harry the whole time.
 
“You're right, you didn't ask for help. However, we are your friends and friends help each other. You don't want to tell us why you need to run, fine. But you will let us help or I will drug you myself!” Harry's mouth had fallen open in shock and he simply stared at the irate pilot. He gradually nodded and Wufei backed off slightly.
 
“Way to go Wu-man.”
 
“Don't call me that Maxwell.” He growled at the braided teen.
 
“You can stay here for now Harry, no one knows to look for you here. We'll be leaving in a month or so and you can come with us. Trowa's sister is with a circus, you could stay with them. They travel all the time so it's a good place to hide. Or you could stay at one of my places. Both options get you out of the country. Just answer one question please?” Harry nodded at Quatre, still slightly in shock from how he'd yelled at them and then Wufei yelling back.
“Are you in trouble with the law or in danger?”
 
“It's not legal but I am in danger. Anyone who hangs around me long enough is. Guess that's why Hermione and Ron have finally left me.” He whispered the last bit but they still heard.
 
“Who?”
 
“Friends, well they used to be. I don't know maybe they never were and I was just too naive to see it.”
 
“Well, we ARE your friends Harry. We want to help you.”
 
“Yeah, we can even teach you really neat tricks like how to pick locks, hack computers and fight. So what do you say?” Harry just stared at them, too shocked to say anything.
“I think we broke him.” That earnt a laugh from all but Harry who stuck his tongue out at Duo.
 
“You're really serious?”
 
“YES!” Quatre grinned sheepishly as everyone stared at him.
 
“Okay.”
 
“Okay what?”
 
“I'll stay, for now. I reserve the right to leave at a later date though.”
 
“That's' the best we're going to get, isn't it?” Harry smiled.
 
“Yeah.”
-----------------
Three weeks. That's how long it had been since Harry James Potter, the Boy Who Lived and the Saviour of the Wizarding World had disappeared. He hadn't been seen or heard from since his seventeenth birthday. The Order members sent to retrieve him that very night had found nothing but an empty room and three very mad muggles. They had tried everything to find the missing saviour but he had seemingly vanished off the face of the Earth, they'd even tried tracking charms on owls but the birds simply returned, letters untouched.
 
All of this made Albus Dumbledore one unhappy wizard. He needed Harry but unfortunately it seemed Harry felt he didn't need Albus. He'd known Harry was unhappy with his relatives but honestly no on is ever truly happy at home. He still didn't know why the automatic quill had made the mistake of addressing Harry's letter to a cupboard, after all know one could treat their own flesh and blood like that. Albus felt bad that Harry was unhappy but the boy was too important, he needed to be trained and moulded a certain way. His friends were all too happy to help there, with very little added incentive.
 
So far Albus had managed to keep news of Harry's disappearance out of the papers but he knew it wouldn't be long before someone blabbed and then there would be panic. It had been hard enough keeping Fudge in office after the events of Harry's fifth year, after this it may be impossible. He knew Remus had to have had something to do with it, the werewolf was too smug but he couldn't do anything to prove it while Molly was hovering over the dieing man. Surely Harry would return for his secondary godfathers' funeral? That would be his chance to grab him. The werewolf had better die soon.
------------------
Harry was deeply engrossed in one of the computer manuals Heero had given him to read. In the month that he'd been living with the other five he'd learnt a lot. He'd found picking locks the muggle way fascinating and had been a quick study making Duo extremely proud. Quatre had made it his mission to fatten Harry up and he'd started to fill out nicely while keeping his wiry frame. He had yet to start any defence training, so far they were working at his fitness. Thanks to Quidditch and Voldemort he was fast and had excellent reflexes but his strength and endurance were sorely lacking. He enjoyed his time spent meditating with Wufei and was in many ways closer to him than the others. Part of that probably came from being the only singles and sharing a room. Harry had found that in some ways the other teen was a lot like Hermione but where she was a know-it-all Wufei enjoyed reading for readings sake and not for showing off. Between him and Quatre Harry was being caught up to what he should know when it came to a normal education.
 
It had taken Harry a while to forgive Heero for drugging him but he know looked to the other boy as a sort of older brother, something he knew Duo teased his lover about. There was just something so dependable about the quite teen. It also helped that they could pass as brothers. In fact Harry's new id, which he had no clue where it came from and had the feeling he didn't want to know, bore the name Harold Yuy. He had not been impressed by the Harold part at all. Since his most identifying feature was his scar they had been discussing ways to hide or remove it. For now he was letting his hair grow out so that his bangs would cover it. Quatre had mentioned surgery as a possibility but Harry wasn't too sure about it, after all it was a curse scar, not that Quatre knew that. Harry had also been pleasantly surprised to find that he was growing. Already he'd managed nearly two inches bringing him to an alright 5'6”, still short compared to most of his dorm mates and Trowa but at least he wasn't the shortest guy he knew of.
 
He had also figured out pretty quickly that there was more to his housemates than they let on. In the past month they had all left at one point or another, sometimes in pairs and sometimes alone, for varying amounts of time. Although their excuses were fairly plausible they were transparent to Harry. It didn't really bother him though; after all he was keeping secrets too. He knew he could trust them; that they'd never do anything to hurt him unless he gave them a really good reason to, say trying to kill them. What did bother him was the evidence of injuries. He'd already taken a years worth of Healing so he knew how to identify various wounds and so far none had been serious. He just wished he could do something to help, so he studied everything they gave him, hard. His teachers at Hogwarts would have been shocked at how eagerly he was learning.
 
Today was a perfect example. Harry was alone in the house since Duo had rushed off that morning. So far he'd practised he breaking and entering skills, done his physical work out, studied some of the books from the Black Library that Remus had smuggled him and was now working on his computer skills, one area where he was sorely lacking. Years at the Dursley's had taught him how to be alone without getting bored.
 
Harry paused in his reading, straining his ears. He could have sworn he'd heard something. He put the book down and grabbed his wand and the knife Duo had given him. He still had a fair way to go in learning to fight with it but it was better than nothing. He slipped silently down the hall from the back bedroom he shared with Wufei, past the room shared by the `lovebirds' as Duo termed them and then past the room the braided teen shared with his lover. He turned into the living room, bypassing the bathroom and kitchen to take a more direct route to the door. He tightened his grip on the knife as the door suddenly opened and a figure staggered in, only to collapse.
 
Harry stared in shock, frozen at the sight of Wufei lying on the floor, bloody and beaten.
 
TBC…
 
(Cruel, isn't it?)