Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still the same. Getting sick of having to type that!
Thanks again for all the reviews! Up to 22 on ffnet! Been stuck trying to decide if Harry's going to spill all or remain secretive. Glad everyone's liked this so much.
 
Chapter 4
 
 
Harry could feel Heero's eyes on him the entire movie. He kept his attention on the movie, ignoring the other teen as much as he could. Why did Heero have to be so pushy? Now Harry was feeling even worse for wanting to leave without saying goodbye. He smiled as he caught sight of Quatre curled up, nearly in Trowa's lap, not that his boyfriend seemed to mind. Even Heero had Duo's braid wrapped securely around his hand with its owner leaning against him slightly. Harry met Wufei's curious gaze and indicated the two couples. The Chinese teen smirked and turned his attention back to the screen. If only Heero would do the same! They were watching some movie about magic, Harry couldn't remember the name, and it was hard not to laugh at how much they got wrong. Although it was a little eerie when they got some of it very right. Harry forced himself to relax and enjoy the movie, after all it was his first ever trip to the movies and he refused to let Heero ruin it for him.
-----------
“What's wrong?” Heero quirked an eyebrow at his lover.
“You and Harry have been acting odd since the movie. So what gives?” Heero checked to make sure Harry was far enough out of earshot. He smirked as he spotted him and Wufei standing close together, heads bent over a book. His expression turned serious as he turned back to Duo, Quatre had dragged Trowa off somewhere.
 
“Harry's planning to run tonight.”
 
“What?”
 
“He plans on disappearing tonight when we drop him off. And he wasn't intending for anyone to find out in advance.”
 
“Good thing you're so stubborn then. He say why?”
 
“No. I asked if he was in danger and he laughed but it was bitter.”
 
“Have you checked his records?”
 
“Hn.”
 
“There are huge gaps but no reason for them. There's not even any records of the Dursley's taking custody, it's like he just appeared on their doorstep! You don't think he's a spy or he'd already be dead so what do you think?”
 
“That we confront him tonight and that he's headed this way.”
---------------------
“Did you enjoy yourself?”
 
“Yeah, thanks guys. Best birthday I've had.” Harry leant back in the seat; so far Heero hadn't done anything or let on that he knew what Harry was going to do so he'd started to relax. Big mistake.
 
“Heero, Harry lives the other way.” Quatre pointed out as they turned away from Privet Drive.
 
“We need to talk.” Harry tensed and then slumped in the seat, not much he could do while in a moving vehicle. Quatre started sending nervous looks between the two similar looking teens, he liked Harry and was worried, especially since he'd felt the other teens growing unease. They pulled into their driveway and got out, Harry ready to bolt but Heero was faster, and he kept a tight grip on a squirming Harry's arm.
 
“Heero let me go!”
 
“No.” He dragged Harry into the house and shoved him down onto the couch. Harry rubbed his sore arm while glaring at Heero.
 
“Would someone explain to the rest of us what is going on?” Wufei was standing against the wall; arms crossed and scowl in place. Only Harry squirmed under the various looks, Heero remained impassive.
 
“Harry?”
 
“It's nothing!” Heero scowled at him.
 
“Either tell them or I will.” Harry glared at Heero but kept his mouth shut.
“Harry was planning to leave tonight, without telling anyone.”
 
“You were planning to run away? Why? If something's wrong we can help you Harry.”
 
“No you can't Quatre, no one can.” The second part was said so softly only Wufei heard since he was standing the closest.
 
“We're your friends Harry, you could have come to us. Is it your relatives? I'm sure Heero or Wufei could go threaten them for you. Or you could stay here, we have a spare bed.”
 
“I can't. I need to leave, people will eventually come looking for me.”
 
“At least stay tonight and we can talk it through in the morning. Please Harry.” Harry caved at the hurt in Quatre's voice, nodding his agreement. Besides, he was feeling rather sleepy all of a sudden. He stood and followed Wufei to their room. Duo laughed.
 
“Man Quat, you've got him wrapped around your finger! What's wrong?” Duo frowned as Trowa wrapped Quatre in his arms.
 
“He's so scared but determined. He's expecting to die.”
 
“Not on my watch. We could always drug him and drag him off to one of your places that's in the middle of nowhere, then he'd be stuck.”
 
“Duo! That's kidnapping!”
 
“So? I think it's safe to say we all like Harry and none of want him doing something that'll get himself killed. Besides, why not add kidnapping to our rather long list of offences?”
 
“He's safe for tonight.” Heero stated with certainty.
 
“Hope he won't try to sneak out.”
 
“He won't.”
 
“Heero… What did you do?” He didn't answer as Wufei walked back in, frowning.
“Wufei?”
 
“Who drugged him?”
 
“What?”
 
“He started stumbling half way down the hall and was pretty much unconscious by the time we got to the room, not to mention the incoherent mumbling. He was completely out when I got him into bed. So who drugged him?”
 
“Heero! You can't go around drugging people.”
 
“Hn.” They watched as he discarded the empty syringe. Obviously he'd injected Harry while holding his arm.
 
“Better hope he doesn't react to the drugs, or you're helping him through it. Now explain what is going on!” Wufei's scowl was at full force causing Quatre to smile slightly. Trowa was the only one to notice but filed the information away for later, like when they were cuddled up in bed.
 
“He was planning on disappearing without even saying goodbye.” The other four just stared at Heero.
 
“So you drugged him? Damn it Heero, you can't do that! Do you really blame him for wanting to get away? You saw his injuries and I saw what he calls a bedroom. Quatre got a double dose of the poor guys relatives. What sane kid wouldn't run as soon as they could?”
 
“He's in danger.” That shut Duo up.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“I asked, he said all his life.”
 
“What, so someone's after him? For what? It's not like he's meant to save the world or anything, that seems to be our job.”
 
“Good thing he is drugged Maxwell or your yelling would have woken him and then we'd have a fun conversation.”
 
“So what are we going to do?”
 
“We let him stay here until we leave and then give him alternatives.” Quatre tilted his head up so he could see Trowa's face.
 
“What if OZ tracks us down?”
 
“Make sure he gets out first. He's a non-combatant, they won't hurt him. They may detain him for a little while but they'd have to let him go. We could even teach him stuff in case he still insists on doing things on his own.” Duo pulled Heero down beside him on the couch to use as a pillow.
 
“What sort of things?”
 
“Basic self-defence, lock picking, maybe stuff about fake ids.” Duo shrugged.
 
“When will the drugs wear off?”
 
“Sometime after 8am. I gave him a light dose because of his weight and possible reactions.”
 
“So lets go to bed. We'll talk to him tomorrow.” The five split up to their respective rooms after exchanging goodnights.
 
Wufei paused to watch Harry sleep; well technically he was unconscious due to drugs. He sat on the edge of the bed and lifted a limp hand, checking Harry's pulse and listening to his breathing. Everything was normal for someone who'd been sedated. He brushed Harry's bang off his face, studying the odd scar the move revealed. Harry was always careful to keep it as concealed as possible. He looked so peaceful just lying there, unlike when he was awake. Awake you could see the pain in his eyes and the always-present tension.
---------
Quatre lay content in Trowa's arms, almost purring as hands ran continuously through his hair. He loved the time they managed together. The last few weeks had been good, since moving to Surrey they hadn't had many missions.
 
“Why were you smiling?” Trowa's soft voice broke the blissful silence.
 
“Hm?” Quatre was almost asleep thanks to the soothing hands.
 
“When Wufei was telling Heero off, you smiled.” Quatre started waking up since Trowa obviously wanted to talk.
 
“Wufei was being protective, wasn't he?”
 
“He is sharing a room with Harry, if he reacts it will disturb him.”
 
“That wasn't it and you know it love.”
 
“Don't interfere little one, there are still a lot of questions where Harry is concerned. None of us wish to see Wufei hurt.”
 
“Harry isn't dangerous, not to us. He needs someone just as much as Wufei does. Wufei needs someone to help him lighten up and Harry does have a mischievous streak, we just haven't seen it much yet. Harry needs someone strong who will be wiling to stand by him. It's perfect.”
 
“Please Quatre, if it is perfect then it will happen. Don't interfere.”
 
“I promise.” They cuddled closer and Trowa watched silently as Quatre drifted off to sleep before following.
----------
“I'm still not totally happy with you.” Heero looked at his lover and sighed. Duo pulled him closer, tucking his head under Heero's chin.
“You shouldn't have been so sneaky. I don't think Harry's going to be happy if he works it out. But, you did what you felt was right to keep him safe. You've opened up quicker around him than most people, why?” Heero hugged Duo, thinking his question over.
 
“I don't know. There's something about him, like to an extent he knows what we've been through and won't judge.”
 
“Well he lost his parents so he certainly fits in with us. He has also lost people recently so he knows how it feels. I hope he stays.”
 
“Me too.”
 
“I think someone might have a crush.”
 
“Who?”
 
“Fei.”
 
“Did you see him starting to get protective?”
 
“Don't tease him about it. You don't know how Harry will react. You could end up hurting them both.”
 
“I won't do anything, but I reserve the right to start locking them in closest in six months time.”
 
“Agreed. Now go to sleep.” Heero pulled him even closer, listening as Duo's breathing deepened and evened out into sleep. He placed a gentle kiss on the top of his head before settling down to sleep.
 
TBC…