Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still no change.
Thank you so much for all the great reviews! Glad everyone is liking this!!
 
Chapter 3
 
 
Heero slowly ran his fingers through his lovers long chestnut hair, marvelling at the texture. He still sometimes had trouble believing he was allowed this close, Duo was very protective of his hair, not even their fellow pilots were allowed to touch it. He looked down as sleepy amethyst eyes blinked up at him.
 
“You're back.”
 
“Hn.”
 
“Not hurt?”
 
“No, go back to sleep.” Heero slid down in the bed, allowing Duo to curl around him.
 
“Kay, night Hee-chan.”
 
“Night Duo.” Heero watched Duo drift off before letting himself relax into sleep.
------------
“You guys didn't see the cell Harry calls a room! I say we get him out of there!”
 
“How exactly were you planning on doing that Maxwell? Kidnap him?”
 
“If we have to!”
 
“And then what? Drag him around with us? How long do you think it would take for him to get caught?”
 
“What about Catherine and the circus? Or one of Quatre's places? He'd be safe enough there.”
 
“You have no proof, just random pieces of information.”
 
“So where's he been for the last ten days?”
 
“London.” The two arguing boys turned to see Harry standing in the doorway.
 
“Harry! Are you okay?” Duo dashed over, scanning for any new injuries.
 
“I'm fine Duo. What's going on?”
 
“Other than the fact you disappeared?”
 
“Oh, didn't think anyone would notice.” Harry shrugged.
 
“Friends tend to notice.”
 
“Friends?”
 
“Sure, I mean you want to be friends, don't you?” Duo stared innocently at Harry, making him laugh.
 
“Yeah, that'd be nice.” Duo threw his arm around Harry's shoulders and dragged him further into the room.
 
“Quatre will be happy to see you, pity you just missed him and Trowa, they left this morning for a few days. Trowa said something about a romantic getaway.”
 
“Sounds fun.”
 
“So what did you do in London Harry?” Wufei joined the conversation.
 
“School shopping mainly, only just over a month before it starts up again. I am so glad it's my last year.” Harry tried to keep his tone light, hiding his pain. He'd spent the last ten days at HQ, being ignored by his so called friends unless they were prying for information on any dreams he's had or how he was coping with everything. Only Remus had sought him out to just talk, the werewolf was the only reason these days that Harry hadn't cut ties and run. But even that reason was becoming not enough. They both knew Remus was dieing; a combination of his violent transformations, unimaginable stress and emotional trauma plus his mate's death had all taken their toll. He was basically only hanging on for Harry, to see him reach his majority and become free. It had been Remus who had helped Harry set things up in advance. The teen simply saw no real reason anymore to sacrifice everything for a bunch of hypocritical cowards. If Voldemort had still been targeting muggles Harry would have fought but the Dark Lord had turned his attention solely on the Magical world. When, and only when, he turned to the muggle world would Harry interfere again.
 
“You don't enjoy school?”
 
“Just because you're a bookworm Fei, doesn't mean everyone else is.”
 
“It's okay most of the time. Just ready to get out I guess.” Wufei nodded.
 
“So, got anything planned for your birthday?”
 
“Why?”
 
“So we know wether to plan something silly.”
 
“Uh…”
 
“Thought so. Just leave everything to me buddy, it'll be the best birthday you've ever had!”
 
“Thanks Duo.”
 
“No problem! That's what friends are for.”
-------------
“Harry!” The blond threw himself at the younger boy.
 
“Hello Quatre.”
 
“Where were you? We were so worried! We went to your house and your Aunt said she'd never heard of you, then Duo climbed into your room but you weren't there so he left a note. Are you alright?” Harry managed to disentangle himself from Quatre amidst laughter and smiles.
 
“Let him breathe Quat! Idiot went to London and didn't think anyone would care to notice he was gone. Fei and I set him straight though.”
 
“I'm sorry I worried you.”
 
“Just glad you are okay.”
 
“Maxwell is throwing a party for Harry's birthday in three days.”
 
“Really? Great! Will Heero be back in time?”
 
“He got back the same morning you left, he was just asleep so you didn't see him. I sent him out to do some shopping but he should be back soon.”
 
“We're both jetlagged so we're going to get some sleep. I'm glad you're alright Harry.”
 
“It is good to see you again, we were all worried.” Trowa commented as they left for their bedroom.
 
“I think that's the most I've heard him say.”
 
“Trowa doesn't talk a lot. Usually it's up to Quat and me to carry the conversation around here. Don't let it get to you. You sure you won't forget? You have to be here by nine am sharp.”
 
“I will be. See you then.” Harry left for home. He found his determination to disappear wavering; he didn't want to hurt his new friends, especially Duo and Quatre. But he couldn't stay with the Dursley's anymore and if he stayed in the area the Order would find him too soon.
--------------
“Hello Heero.” Heero studied Harry as he let him in. He was dressed a lot better than the first time they'd met, his blue jeans and green shirt were obviously new, birthday presents from school friends perhaps?
 
“Harry, happy birthday.” Harry flashed him a surprised smile and Heero found himself giving a small smile in return.
 
“Harry! Guys he's here!”
 
“Duo! The whole street will here you.” But Harry was laughing. Duo looked him over and grinned.
 
“Love the new clothes.”
 
“Thanks. Am I early?”
 
“Nope, we're all set. Got everything I told you to bring?”
 
“Yeah.” Actually he had everything he owned in his pocket, curtesy of a late night visit from Moony. He didn't plan to return to Privet drive tonight.
 
“Great. As your birthday surprise we are treating you to a complete makeover. Don't worry about the cost, Quat's footing the bill and trust me on this, he can easily afford it. Then it's off to the movies, maybe more shopping and dinner.”
 
“You don't have to go to so much trouble.”
 
“Don't bother Harry, Maxwell's determined and Quatre is backing him up on this.”
 
“As long as he doesn't try to fill your wardrobe with only black.”
 
“What's wrong with black? Especially with Harry's colouring, it'll look great on him!”
 
“There's also nothing wrong with some colour.”
 
“Yeah, yeah. Come on! Time's a wasting!”
 
“How much caffeine has he had?” Harry was eyeing Duo like he was one of Hagrid's pets.
 
“I counted two cups.”
 
“Oh dear, he was on his second before you got up. That's at least four cups.”
 
“Come on!” Heero sighed and grabbed Duo's braid, using it like a leash to contain the hyperactive terrorist.
“Hee-chan! Let go!”
 
“Hn, not until you settle down.” The others laughed or smirked at that.
 
“So where are we going?”
 
“London!” Harry nodded, hopefully no one from the Order would be around the areas they would or he'd get caught.
-------------
“Please say we can sit soon!” Harry begged. He'd never realised shopping could be such torture. They'd been at it for close to five hours now and Harry was ready to drop. He had the promised clothes plus accessories, not to mention a new pair of stylish glasses and contacts, a Discman and music, at least a dozen books and now Duo was trying to drag him into a store to get his ear pierced!
“I am not piercing my ear! You like them so much you get one!”
 
“Come on Harry, they say it only hurts for a few seconds.”
 
“He obviously doesn't want to Duo so drop it.”
 
“Fine, how about a haircut?”
 
“Duo!” Five exasperated voices yelled.
 
“Alright, alright. How about lunch?”
 
“Can't believe you're still hungry with all the junk food we've eaten already.” Harry shook his head and went to follow but froze as he spotted someone very familiar.
 
“Harry? What's wrong?” Quatre sent him a concerned look but the others looked where Harry was looking.
 
“Harry? What are you doing here? Why aren't you at your Aunt's? It isn't safe! And you are these boys?”
 
“Hullo Tonks, nice to see you too.”
 
“Harry….”
 
“It's not really any of your business what I'm doing so drop it. And these are my friends. Have a nice day.” Harry turned and headed for the food-court leaving behind one stunned Auror. The five pilots shot suspicious looks at her before following Harry.
 
“Harry? Are you alright?” They'd caught up to him a few stores away. He was leaning against a wall, breathing hard.
 
“Huh? Yeah I'm fine. Can we just forget about her?” The five exchanged glances.
 
“Ok, if you're sure you're okay.”
 
“I'm fine, really. Just wasn't expecting to see her.”
 
“Who is she?”
 
“My godfathers cousin. She's been a bit overprotective since he died.” Harry started walking. The others new there was a lot more to it than that but decided to let it go for the moment, they could always ask again tomorrow.
 
Harry stayed tense, watching for the Order, surely Tonks would have alerted Dumbledore. He just had to get through today.
-------
“What is going on?” Heero cornered Harry in the theatres restroom.
 
“What do you mean?” Heero gave him the famous death glare but the younger teen shrugged it off, Dementors were scarier.
 
“Something is going on, you've been tense since we ran into that woman.”
 
“It's nothing Heero. I just was looking forward to a day with you guys without anyone else barging in.”
 
“You're lying.”
 
“Heero please drop it.”
 
“No.” Harry frowned and turned away, leaning against the sinks. He sighed in frustration, Heero was just too stubborn.
 
“Look, I'd tell you if I could but I can't. Please, leave it alone?”
 
“Are you in danger?” Harry laughed but it was bitter, causing Heero to frown.
 
“All my life. Don't tell the others but I'm leaving tonight. Everything's arranged. So don't go bugging the Dursley's, they'll find out I'm gone tomorrow and will have enough people banging on the door trying to find me.”
 
“Where are you going?”
 
“Not sure yet. Out of England, somewhere.” Heero stared at him.
 
“You're running.”
 
“Brilliant deduction. Yeah I am. You don't want to get involved, it's bad enough Tonks saw us together. I didn't want you guys dragged into this.”
 
“Hey Heero, what's taking you two so long.”
 
“Better go before Duo gets the wrong idea about us.” Harry slipped past him and out the door.
 
“Heero? What's wrong?”
 
“I'm not sure.”
 
“Come on, movie's starting.” Heero followed, frowning. What was Harry running from and why was he worried about their safety because of it?
 
TBC….