Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still the same.
How sweet, every one wants Harry to live for Wufei's sake. Maybe you'll find out this chapter. This one's basically what's happening in Harry's head and that's weird to write. Some old friends will be popping up too.
 
Chapter 16
 
 
He drifted aimlessly in the light, not fighting the pull but simply relaxing into it. He smiled as the voice came back, soothing him further and helping him further into the warmth and light. He missed the voice when it left; it was so kind and helpful. There were other voices but they were so far away he wasn't really aware of them. They'd been closer at first but the further he drifted the more indistinct and irrelevant they became to him.
 
His memories of anything but the light were vague and gradually fading away. He had no memory of his name or even if he'd ever had one at all. But it didn't matter, why should a name be important?
 
“Because your parents gave it to you.” It wasn't the voice he usually heard, so what was it?
“Come on, you can't honestly expect me to believe you of all people like it here.” Of course he did, it was home.
“Home? Hogwarts is home; any place with Wufei is home. Not this blasted light! You're smarter than this kid, work it out!” He frowned, he didn't like this voice, it wasn't soothing at all.
“Come on kiddo you have got to remember! You're dieing here! They're going to pull the plug soon and without a strong connection to your body you'll die. So hurry up and remember so you can wake the hell up!” There was no need to shout at him! He let himself drift from the voice, not liking it at all. He ignored the cries for him to come back for a while but something about it was vaguely familiar, as if he should know it. He stopped as another voice joined the first.
 
“You're pushing too hard.”
 
“Too hard? He's dieing in case you hadn't noticed!”
 
“And thanks to your yelling he's let himself drift further. Honestly, how you convinced them to let you come first.” He had the feeling the second voice was not impressed with the first and smiled slightly.
“Harry.” He paused in his drifting. What was Harry?
“Come on Harry, come back over here kid.” Was he Harry?
“Yes, that's it Harry. You can do it, I believe in you.” He stopped allowing the current to push him, pausing to think. Was his name Harry? How did the voice know?
“I know you Harry James Potter, you won't give up without a fight. Wufei loves you, don't leave him like this. You can't let Riddle win cub.” Cub? Was he cub?
“Our cub, always. Please Harry, try to remember.” He frowned, following the voices instructions as he drifted closer to them. There was something, something to do with the moon…
 
“Moony.” His own voice startled him, how long had it been since he'd spoken?
 
“Yes cub, I'm here. You're doing good Harry, keep trying.”
 
“Come on kiddo you can do it. Please remember me Harry, I love you kid.”
 
“Padfoot.”
 
“Yes! Way to go Harry!”
 
“Hedwig.”
 
“Hedwig? Interesting thing to remember next, but hey, it's your mind.” Harry didn't answer as he pushed harder, memories beginning to trickle back. Slowly the trickle became a stream and then a flood. He screamed as it did so, aware of two comforting presences surrounding him, talking to him. He didn't know how long it took but he was glad when the pain faded. He blinked in shock, where in Merlin's name was he?
 
“Sirius, Remus? Is it really you? How, you're both dead!”
 
“It's okay cub, we're really here.”
 
“But how?”
 
“It's not your time and Riddle's cheating.”
 
“The voice, its Tom.” Harry almost growled.
 
“Told you he was smart Moony. Yeah, it's Tom. He figured he could get rid of you this way.”
 
“But what happened? How did he do this?”
 
“What's the very last thing you remember?”
 
“It was night, I went into the desert. Duo! He must be worried sick, how long have I been out?”
 
“Nearly thirteen weeks. Your friends have been taking turns sitting with you. They're turning off the life support machines in four days Harry. That's why you have to wake up. While stuck in here your body's having a bit of trouble breathing on its own. Without the oxygen you'll die.”
 
“We like Wufei, you've got our blessing kiddo, your parents too.”
 
“Mum and Dad? Why aren't they here?”
 
“Because you needed voices you'd recognise. Now come on, what do you remember?”
 
“There was a full moon, I had to get outside, away from everyone… the inheritance spells.”
 
“You got it.”
 
“It hurt, the pain wouldn't stop, something happened, and then I was here.”
 
“The something was Tom. We didn't realise that what we did would completely wipe out your natural mental defences. Without them you'd have a hard time fighting him while conscious. Unconscious… He's been using the link to make sure you don't want to leave, further weakening your defences so that you'd believe him and do as he says.”
 
“But he can't get me now, right? I know what's going on so it won't work.”
 
“Hate to say it kid but no. You have your memories and awareness but you still don't have any defences to speak of. He comes back and you're vulnerable to his influence. He can convince you to forget again, to let go and give in. That's why you need to start fighting, now. You'll get stronger the further away you get so start swimming!” Harry gathered himself and started fighting to move against the current. It was slow going but he was making some progress, with Sirius and Remus cheering him on.
 
--------------
Harry paused to rest, exhausted. It felt like he'd been doing this for centuries and with no visible change in his surroundings.
 
“Come on Harry, you're halfway there!”
 
“How long since his last visit?”
 
“What?”
 
“How long since Tom last checked upon me? It would be nice to know if he'll be showing up soon so I can at least try to fight him.”
 
“I came right after he left so we still have another day or so. You should be able to make it back to the entrance by then.”
 
“Entrance?”
 
“Yeah, a big black nothing. If you fight Tom there you have a chance and it's from there that you can wake up.”
 
“Joy. From a big white nothing to a black one. My life sucks sometimes.”
 
“We can't help you once you reach it cub, you'll have to face him alone.”
 
“I'll be fine Remus. You're always with me.” Sirius laughed.
 
“Good to see you listened to me.”
 
“So, I beat Tom and then what? I just wake up?”
 
“Not quite.”
 
“What do you mean? What else do I have to do?”
 
“Nothing. Look you've been dieing for several months Harry. It's going to be a gradual process, you have to get used to being stuck to your body again and it has to get used to you being back. So you'll fall into a more natural sleep for a while. Then you'll start the waking process.”
 
“Waking process?”
 
“What Sirius means is that getting control of your body won't happen instantaneously once you wake. You'll have to be patient and no matter what don't give up.”
 
“You're not telling me something.”
 
“You're strong and Wufei will be there for you. Now keep swimming.”
 
--------------
“Did you hear that?” Harry paused, listening.
“Quatre? Guys its Quatre! I can't make out what he's saying though.”
 
“Look Harry, you're nearly there.” Harry started pushing as hard as he could.
 
“Fei? He sounds so sad.” Harry whispered as he fought to reach the entrance.
 
“Remember we love you kiddo. Kick his arse!”
 
“Good luck cub, we'll always be with you.” Harry turned and saw two vague but familiar figures waving him on. He waved back and crossed over into the darkness.
 
---------------
Wormtail cowered as Voldemort hissed in sudden rage.
 
“Leave me! Now!” The room emptied quickly and he settled himself in his throne.
“You won't escape me that easily Potter.” He opened the link and entered the darkness. Looking around he saw the boy sprawled on the ground.
“I'm surprised you made it this far, your memories should have been all but gone by now.”
 
“I have people who love me and refuse to give up on me Tom.” Harry pushed himself to his feet, ignoring the pain in his scar as he faced his nemesis.
 
“You don't actually think you can defeat me here. You have no defences against me as long as you are within this place.”
 
“Maybe not, but that won't stop me from fighting back.” Voldemort laughed and stared straight into Harry's eyes. The teen tried to break the stare but he couldn't. He had to fight!
 
“Foolish boy.” Harry gasped at the pressure building in his mind.
“This could have been painless if you hadn't turned back but now I'll have to restart the process and advance it to where you were quickly.” Harry dropped to his knees, trying not to scream.
 
------------------
Juri slowly flipped the switches one by one as everyone held their breath. Only the heart monitor was still on when he finished. Wufei tightened his grip on the unmoving body in his arms, sitting up straighter to ease Harry's breathing. All watched the small line on the machine as it continued to beep. They held themselves tense, waiting and watching the line. Gradually the gap between beeps began to lengthen as Harry's breathing began to slow further.
 
--------------------
“No! I won't forget!” He gritted his teeth, pushing back against the pressure but slowly it began advancing. He gasped and blinked at the figure before him. Who?
 
“That's it boy, forget and drift. You want to be safe in the light. Why stay where there's pain?” He found himself relaxing and nodding. Why should he be in pain?
“That's good, just let go child. Nothing will harm you in the light. Go to it.” He slowly turned to face the light, smiling sleepily. He was so tired and the light was so warm. He took a step forward and then another.
 
Tom smiled and reached out a hand to touch the boy's scar, holding him steady with the other as his body convulsed once even as his eyes and face became blank. He watched as once brilliant emerald eyes became dull and lifeless. Harry half collapsed in his arms, eyes slowly sliding shut.
 
“Good, good. Now go into the light. You are nothing now but an empty shell. I've won Potter.” Voldemort hissed in delight as Harry staggered to the border even as he gave him a helping push.
“So much for the saviour of the light.”
 
------------------
The machine beeped and they waited but the line stayed flat even as the alarm sounded. Wufei began to sob as Harry's body gained the complete limpness of death. Quatre collapsed into Trowa's arm as Duo turned and clung to Heero.
 
“HARRY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Wufei screamed, burying his face in his lover's hair.
 
“Do not leave Minkah, your journey is not yet finished.” Nasih whispered from his place against the wall. All that could be heard were people sobbing and the continuos wail of the alarm.
 
--------------------
“HARRY NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
“Do not leave Minkah, your journey is not yet finished.”
 
“Fei.” The soft whisper went unheard by Tom as he readied himself for one last push. He was therefore unprepared for Harry's head to suddenly snap up, eyes blazing with life and power.
“NO!” He spun, flailing for a handhold, trying to stay in the darkness and latched onto Tom's wrist. Voldemort stumbled, trying to stay away from the edge.
 
And the world exploded around them.
 
TBC….