Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 44 ( Chapter 43 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine.
Several have guessed what is about to happen so congratulations.
 
Chapter 44
 
 
“I need to ask you something Harry.” Wufei shifted nervously, aware of Heero slipping silently from the room and shutting the door behind himself.
 
“Is something wrong?” The wizard asked, seeing his lovers' nervousness and quickly moving over to him.
 
“No, nothing's wrong. I…I just…” Harry frowned; Wufei was not one to stammer like that. He wrapped his arms around the pilot and held him close.
 
“Whatever it is just take your time.” He soothed. He felt Wufei nod and then pull back, taking a deep breath. Harry stood still and simply watched him carefully. His eyes widened as Wufei slowly dropped to one knee, a hand in his pocket.
 
“I love you Harry, more than I have ever loved anyone else. Would you do me the great honour of being my husband?” Wufei asked, holding his hand up and revealing the gold band he had been holding. He swallowed nervously as Harry stared at him in shock.
 
“I…Fei, you're sure? You want to marry me?” Harry whispered and Wufei smiled.
 
“I'm positive Harry. I want to marry you and spend the rest of our lives together. Please say yes.” Harry smiled and extended his left hand towards Wufei. They ignored the way his hand shook as he slid the band onto Harry's ring finger. Harry let him get back to his feet before tackling him in a hug and kissing him until they were both desperate for air.
 
“I love you too Wufei.” He whispered.
 
---------------------------------
Duo looked over to where his lover was reclining against the wall, the only person in the room who didn't look confused as to why they had been asked here. He made his way through the crowd towards him but the doors opened before he could reach him. He watched, curious, as Wufei and Harry entered together, Wufei holding Harry's left hand gently.
 
“Everyone! We have an announcement to make.” The room fell silent at Wufei's statement. The pilot looked to his lover and Harry gave him an encouraging smile.
“Thanks to the laws of the wizarding world which have yet to be brought in line with ours I have been able to do something I have been wanting to for a while. Two hours ago I asked Harry to marry me and he agreed. We're engaged.” Dead silence met the declaration before a scream of joy was heard and Duo blinked as he watched Quatre tackle the two before he moved to join them. Quatre's actions broke the frozen crowd free of their shock and they surged forward to congratulate the couple.
 
“You knew.” Duo whispered to his lover. Heero looked over and smiled softly, nodding.
 
“He's had the ring since before Neville died but could never find the right time to ask. If Harry hadn't walked in on us talking about it he probably wouldn't have said anything yet.” Duo laughed at that and wrapped an arm around Heero's waist; happy to watch others congratulate his best friend and brothers.
“I'm sorry.” Heero whispered and Duo looked at him, not sure why he was apologising.
“If we could I would.” Duo silenced him with a kiss.
 
“I know.”
 
----------------------------------
Harry paced nervously, only half listening to what was going on, on the stage outside. He couldn't believe he had agreed to this, what was it about Quatre that he couldn't say no to that look? Then again only Heero seemed able to resist it most of the time.
 
“Stop pacing Potter.” He paused to glare at Draco as the blonde lounged gracefully.
“Honestly, you're a war hero. The man-who-defeated-you-know-who or whatever other nonsense title they've decided to call you now. Facing a raving mob of reporters and your adoring public can't be that bad.”
 
“Thanks for the encouragement.” Harry drawled out and then went back to pacing.
 
“Relax Harry. It's just a simple question session. We've coached you through everything and you have the communications thingie in your ear if you need help. They just want to know why they should vote for you. It's simple.” The blonde shrugged. Harry didn't get the chance to answer as he was suddenly called out onto the stage and into a storm of camera flashes and floating quills.
 
-------------------------------
“Your office is nicer than mine.” Harry turned to glare at his fiancé.
 
“I'm the Minister of Magic Fei. Of course it's nicer!” Harry snapped and Wufei sighed, coming up to hug him.
 
“Relax Harry. Everything's going to be fine, this is only till the merger is finished.”
 
“Sorry, I'm just really stressed.”
 
“I'd never have guessed.” Wufei teased.
“At least Quatre, Draco and Mrs. Longbottom are handling the wedding.”
 
“Thank Merlin for that! I think I'd go crazy if we had to plan that as well.” Harry sat down at his desk and stared at the pile of paper work before him before starting to go through it, getting madder the longer he read.
 
“Bad?” Wufei asked.
 
“Okay so now I'm glad I took the job.” He threw a random bit of parchment at his fiancé and Wufei snorted in disgust as he read it.
 
“The man was an idiot.”
 
“No need to tell me love. Think we can get the merger sped up? Before I drown in paperwork?” Wufei laughed and left the office before he was late for work himself.
 
-------------------------------------
“Hey Blaise.” Draco greeted as his friend entered the library. Blaise smiled at him and sat on the couch next to him.
 
“How are the plans?”
 
“Slowly getting there. This would have been easier if Harry wasn't the new Minister. This is going to be the wedding of the century.”
 
“They won't like that.” Blaise pointed out. He wasn't around Harry much but even he knew that the other wizard prized his privacy, as did his fiancé.
 
“I know but they are both prominent figures. With that comes certain responsibilities.”
 
“So what have you got so far?”
 
--------------------------------
Wufei stared in shock as he watched Harry walk towards him and almost stumbled to a stop himself but didn't thanks to Duo giving him a helping but subtle push forward towards the altar. Harry reached it at the same time as he did and Heero moved away from the wizards' side as Duo left his. Since neither of them had any living family they had chosen their closest friends to stand in. It was well known amongst the group that Harry was the younger brother Heero had never had and that while they may drive each other mad Duo was the best friend Wufei had, even though the braided pilot saw Harry as his own.
 
The wizard was dressed in rich dress robes of the richest green to match his eyes, trimmed in silver and with Gryffindors sword at his side. Wufei too carried his sword, the katana he had carried through two very different wars. Like his husband-to-be he wore the traditional formal clothes of his people and if the look on Harry's face was any indication he looked good in them. Around them the rest of the pilots were resplendent in full dress uniform along with the other Preventers who were scattered amongst the guests, including Lady Une and Zechs. Even Relena was present and dressed in her usual pink to add her support to the world merger. Most of Harry's old schoolmates were present, except for a portion of the Weasley's and a certain Granger. As well as most of the ministry and many influential and not so influential wizards and witches.
 
Harry gifted Wufei with a blindingly bright smile as they gently clasped hands. They turned as one to face the elderly wizard who would perform the ceremony and smiled at him as he smiled down at them.
 
If asked about the ceremony later the newlyweds would have to answer quite honestly that they didn't remember a word of it, they were too nervous and wrapped up in each other to pay attention. Luckily they had still said their lines.
 
---------------------------------------
Harry sighed tiredly and leant into Wufei's body as they swayed on the dance floor. So far everything had gone perfectly and for that he was grateful, very grateful. He'd never seen Hogwarts look better than she did today, decked out for their wedding. Minerva had insisted that they hold the wedding and reception in the castle since Harry had always considered the place home and he was the heir of one of the Founders.
 
“Tired husband dearest?” Wufei whispered teasingly into his ear and Harry smiled.
 
“A bit. Today's been a big day. Did you know that I got married?” Harry answered, teasing back.
 
“No, really? And who was the lucky woman?”
 
“Well, she's tall, Chinese, has black hair and the darkest eyes I've ever seen.”
 
“Mmmm. I must meet this woman so I can get rid of her.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because no one is marrying my husband but me.” Wufei smirked and then dipped a blushing Harry before kissing him.
“Think we can leave yet?”
 
“Don't care if we can't we are.” Harry murmured and then they vanished to their friends' amusement and the shock of those who didn't know just how powerful Harry really was.
 
------------------------------
Wufei stumbled ever so slightly as they re-appeared in the Master bedroom of the small house Harry had inherited from Sirius in the Mediterranean. But he recovered swiftly enough as he claimed his husbands lips in a fierce kiss, hands fumbling with the fastenings of Harry's robes before he pushed the silk from his shoulders. Underneath the wizard was dressed in a simple but elegant suit that soon went the same way as the robes, not that his own clothes fared any better at Harry's hands. Hair ties were soon abandoned as well, letting Harry's longhair fall around him and Wufei's fall about his shoulders.
 
They moved to the bed without really looking, too busy kissing every bit of skin they could get at as they walked, well it was more of a stumble actually, towards it before falling onto the soft mattress. They continued kissing, only parting when air was absolutely necessary, hands roaming over the others body.
 
Wufei smiled down at the young man lying beneath him. In his opinion the wizard had never looked better, naked, his hair a mess and his skin flushed even as he panted for air. And he was all his, for the rest of their lives. Harry smiled up at him and reached up to run his hands through Wufei's hair.
 
“I love you husband.” The wizard whispered.
 
“I love you to.” Wufei answered tenderly before leaning back in for another kiss.
 
-----------------------------------
“You're back!!” Harry grinned as Wufei winced at Duo's over enthusiastic shout before the pilot tackled them into a hug.
“So how was the honeymoon?”
 
“Great.”
 
“None of your business.” The newlyweds answered at the same time.
 
“Fine Wuffers, I'll just grill Harry for details later. Mr. Minister is wanted in meetings ASAP. Looks like they can speed up the merger, which will make you happy green eyes.” Duo chattered as he dragged the two up the stairs and to their room where he pushed them inside.
“Be ready in an hour!” He chirped before leaving them alone.
 
“And we really missed this?” Wufei asked sarcastically, making Harry laugh.
 
“Admit it, you missed Duo's constant chatter.” Wufei turned his head away before finally giving in and smiling.
 
“Fine, I missed the idiot.” He grumbled and then stared around their room. It was a lot more cluttered then when they'd left.
 
“Think we can donate half this stuff to charity?” Harry asked, also staring around the room.
 
“I think donating wedding presents is frowned upon.”
 
“Pity.” Harry stated before waving his hand and shrinking most of them.
 
“You do need to write thank you notes for them.” The voice had them turning back to the door, a warm smile on Harry's face and a smaller one on Wufei's.
 
“Heero!” Harry called and moved to hug the ex-pilot. Heero hugged him back, still a little stiff but far, far warmer than the teen Harry had first met.
 
“Yuy.” Wufei greeted him.
 
“Chang.”
 
“Potter.” They looked at Harry who grinned at them.
“What?” He asked innocently, causing the other two men to laugh lightly. Heero shook his head and smiled softly.
 
“You have a meeting to prepare for Minister.” Harry groaned.
 
“Joy.”
 
TBC…