Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Surrey Trouble ❯ Chapter 43 ( Chapter 42 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
In the home stretch now. When I started this I never thought in a million years that it would end up this long or well liked. So thank you.
 
Chapter 43
 
 
They were all waiting impatiently for their missing friend to return. Hedwig had been sent yesterday with the requested portkey and told to get there as quickly as she could. They would have sent Fawkes but the phoenix had simply refused and was looking rather amused for a bird, magical or not.
 
Guns and wands flew up as two men appeared in the middle of the room, all pointing at the slender, braided man. He instantly raised his hands in surrender even as his companion stepped in front of him protectively.
 
“Move Chang.” Heero ordered, only just noticing that Duo hadn't drawn his gun with the others.
 
“No. It's okay Heero, it's really Harry.” Wufei stated, staying firmly in front of his lover.
“You could have warned them.” He growled at Duo who shrugged sheepishly.
 
“You knew?” Heero asked.
 
“Yeah, Fei put Harry on the phone when I thought he'd lost it and was seeing things.” Duo answered his rather mad lover.
 
“And did you ever stop to think it was a trap?” Heero almost snarled, mad that Duo could just fall for something like that so easily.
 
“Figured Fawkes wouldn't have been so smug otherwise. Plus, do you really think Hedwig would be doing that to an impostor?” Duo pointed to the owl that was perched on Harry's shoulder, alternating between preening his hair and glaring at them.
 
“We could test him with Veritaserum.” Armando stated and the others nodded. Harry put a placating hand on Wufei's shoulder as he went to protest.
 
“It will be the easiest way Fei.” He reassured his lover and received a reluctant nod.
 
-----------------------------
They had cuffed him to the chair just in case but it didn't really bother him, he understood why they were being so cautious. They'd held his funeral a few days ago after all. He obediently opened his mouth as three drops were placed on his tongue and the world became hazy.
 
“What is your name?”
 
“Harry James Potter-Black-Lupin.” He answered in a monotone.
 
“How did you kill Riddle?”
 
“I don't know.”
 
“What is the last thing you remember of the battle?”
 
“Wufei bending over me under the effects of the imperious and under orders to kill me. Malfoy saying something.”
 
“What is the next thing you remember clearly?”
 
“Waking up in Wufei's arms and being tired.” Harry answered in the same emotionless tone. The group exchanged looks, small smiles beginning to show as he continued to answer correctly.
 
“Who were Moony, Padfoot and Prongs?” Duo asked softly, wanting to finish the questioning quickly. Harry frowned and then swallowed.
 
“Remus Lupin, Sirius Black my godfather and James Potter, my father.”
 
“Good enough?” Wufei asked, angry about the questions even if he understood their need to be sure.
 
“One more. What was the name of the OZ officer you impersonated to rescue Wufei and I?”
 
“Lieutenant Nicholas Fredric Freedman.” Heero nodded at Harry's answer and the wizard was given the antidote. The cuffs were quickly undone and Harry looked at them nervously before Duo pounced on him, hugging him tightly.
 
“How about laying off the disappearing acts for a bit, huh green eyes?” Everyone laughed, breaking the tense atmosphere.
 
--------------------------
It was all over the news, no matter where you went. Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, lived once more. Impromptu parties were thrown to celebrate the survival of a young man who had gone through so much to save the world just as they had at the end of the OZ war. Of course, not everyone was happy to hear of his survival. A certain British Minister of Magic for one. An imprisoned ex-headmaster was another. And there were many others but those who celebrated his survival outnumbered them greatly. Everyone knew that not all followers of the Dark Lord had been marked and had therefore died with him. The war may be over but the clean up would last a while yet.
 
-------I was nearly really mean and left it here.----
 
Harry stood before Lady Une once again but this time the atmosphere was a lot more relaxed.
 
“I am glad that you survived Mr. Potter. Agent Chang would not have been fun to deal with had you actually been dead.” She smiled slightly and Harry smiled back.
 
“Thanks. Quatre's filled me in on bits and pieces but what's going on?”
 
“Frankly your Minister Fudge has a lot of people ready to commit murder. He wants to go back on everything that was agreed and for the Wizarding World to go back into hiding.” Harry stared at her in shock.
 
“Surely he knows that's impossible? The whole world and the colonies know of magic now, there's no way to make that many people forget. Even magic has its limits.”
 
“IT has been suggested that someone of influence call for an emergency election due to his actions, previous and present, and that you run for Minister. The position is only temporary until our two worlds finish merging governments.” Harry stared at her in shock.
 
“What idiot came up with that idea?” He managed.
 
“Quatre and Draco.” She responded, sounding a bit smug since those two were definitely not idiots.
 
“I…” Harry trailed off, looking utterly bewildered.
“You do realise that I know nothing of politics?”
 
“Tat is why you have advisors. Frankly you are the best choice and until this is all sorted out.”
 
“I need to think about it, talk it over with a few people.”
 
“Of course, I didn't expect you to answer straight away. Either way, there will always be a position open for you with the Preventers.”
 
---------------------------------
“Remember that conversation we had years ago? About my taking up some of the practices of a pureblood like my hair because certain things would be expected of me?” Wufei looked down at his lover, continuing to play with his hair. He was lying on his side, head propped up on his hand as he gently stroked the long strands.
 
“Mmm. We talked about you maybe getting involved in the Ministry. Why?” Wufei asked distractedly.
 
“Because apparently Quatre and Draco want me to run for Minister and have already approached at least Une about it.” That got his lover's attention rather nicely.
 
“What?” Wufei's hand had stilled and he was staring down seriously.
 
“Apparently Fudge is being his normally moronic self and they need a new Minister until the merger is complete. Our two blondes decided I was the best option and your boss agrees.” Wufei blinked in shock and then pulled Harry closer.
 
“What did you say?” He asked.
 
“That I needed to think and discuss it with people. She also said there's a spot open for me with the Preventers any time I want it.” Harry answered quietly, snuggling into his lover's body. Wufei stayed silent, thinking.
 
“Ultimately it is your choice but I will stand by you no matter what you decide. I know the others will too. You have to decide wether or not you could handle everything that would come with being Minister, even if only for a short time, and if you want to do so regardless of wether or not you could.” Harry nodded and they both fell silent, enjoying their time together as they slowly drifted off to sleep.
 
----------------------------------
“You still haven't asked him.” Wufei turned to see Heero leaning against the doorframe and nodded.
“We don't know how the laws will change once everything's finalised. If you're going to do this then you better do it soon.”
 
“I know. I just…what if he says no?”
 
“And what if he says yes but you've left it too late?” Heero countered and Wufei sighed.
 
“It is…unjust that I can ask him and that you and Trowa can't ask them.”
 
“Maybe. But the two of you have been through more to be together than the four of us combined. You deserve this chance Wufei. Ask him.”
 
“Ask who what?” Both men turned to see a puzzled Harry in the doorway and Wufei swallowed, hard.
 
“I need to ask you something Harry.”
 
TBC…
Can anyone guess what he's going to ask, it was hinted at in an earlier chapter.
A bit short but that seemed the perfect place to leave it.