Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 1: Escape ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap.1 - Escape

By: Piccard

Hello everyone, Piccard here. This is my first work of fiction and I am hoping that it will be a good one. I will welcome all comments and criticisms because, lets be honest, I can't get good at this if I only get comments saying that I'm good…

But I can tell that I have bored half of the readers to sleep by now, so I will get on with it.

----------------------------------

Disclaimer: All Sonic the Hedgehog characters are the property of Sega and/or Archie comics. `The Doctor' and the `Mobile Emitter' are the property of Star Trek: Voyager and Paramount inc. All I own are this story, my character Piccard Arrowsmith, and a few thousand back copies of `Amateur Photographer!' (It's a magazine.)

Now, on with the story!

----------------------------------

There were explosions everywhere on the station, bodies lay everywhere, doors were broken, systems were down, and there was no sign of movement anywhere. (Still, this is what you expect when you turn on to BBC3 isn't it?)

Amongst all the chaos in corridor 32 stood a lone figure, clad in Green battle armour, denim jeans and a Brown helmet, who was trying to make his way to his destination. He was holding his right shoulder, which had the misfortune to be pierced by a rogue bullet during the battle.

"Damn Hell spawn, why don't they just bugger off back where they came from?" The figure asked himself as he reached the elevator at the end of the hallway.

"Engineering core." He calmly requested, only to be greeted by static. He let loose a groan and exited the lift, when he had a brainwave, he thought about using magic to teleport him to his destination.

Then he remembered all the pain that the ability to use magic had caused him in the past. He was the only Marine who had the ability to use these powers on the station, if not the only person in the whole system who could use them. He had been spurned. No-one would go near him. Whenever he entered a room, everyone there would get up and leave. Granted, he did have two people who would talk to him, but one of them had been killed in the attack.

"It's just not fair!" He thought out loud to himself.

A console exploding nearby shattered his trail of thought. Without giving it any consideration, he drew his staff (The only weapon he was authorised to use) and began casting a spell. The next thing he knew, he was in the engine room, the first thing he noticed was the acidic smell and substances on the walls and panels on the upper levels, which appeared to be accessing the stations systems and sensors.

"So, they're trying to hack into our system are they?" He mused before hearing a voice coming from behind him.

"Piccard…"

He spun round to be greeted by the nearly dead form of his comrade, and friend, Thomas, who had received numerous bullet wounds and flesh cleaving cuts to his body. It was obvious he only had a short time left. Piccard used his arms to help Thomas sit up.

"Okay Tom, what happened?" Piccard asked, with a hint of concern in his voice.

Tom merely groaned and lifted his head, revealing a slash across his neck, which caused Piccard to wince at it's sight. All Tom managed to do was lift his left arm and point to a small electronic pad on the console next to him. Suddenly, his head jerked up and his breathing became erratic.

"Tom, I assure you, whichever bastard did this to you will not get away from me unscathed when we meet" Piccard stated, with tears running down his cheeks.

Tom smiled, which really surprised Piccard; they both had a reputation for being the two sternest people on board the station, who would not show any emotion whatever the situation. However, this surprise was replaced with sorrow, as Tom's eyes slowly closed and hid left hand fell to the floor. Piccard checked for a pulse, but to no avail, Tom, his last friend and only other human on the station, had passed on.

Slowly rising to his feet, Piccard clenched his left fist, and without warning embedded it into the wall on his right, all the while uttering "Damn it!"

sub-consciously. Then he remembered the Pad on the console, which he lifted and proceeded to read:

/\/**

Console ID:47656

Author: Station Admiral Thomas Brown

To: Marine Commander Piccard Arrowsmith

Subject: Last wishes

"Piccard, I apologise but I have to be brief. I have activated the stations auto-destruct mechanism, and it is set to go off in 25 minutes. There are a number of things that I want you to do and you don't have much time to do them in.

1 - Go to your quarters, use magic to compact everything you need (or want to take) and then put them into your backpack.

2 - Go to the armoury, grab any weapons you think you might need, again use magic.

3 - Go to the Medi-bay, you will need help, and the Doctor is the only one left on board. Activate the mobile emitter and take him with you, also, grab as many medical supplies as you can via magic.

4 - Go to the Shuttlebay, you will find that shuttle #27 is primed and ready to take off. The destination is up to you.

The legions of hell seem to be trying to access the computer but they won't succeed for I transferred the ENTIRE computer database into the shuttle.

Go now, I have great faith in you.

Thomas Brown

P.S. I never was one for good speeches was I?

/\/**

"No, you weren't" was all Piccard could say, he then glanced at a monitor on the console he was stood next to, it said:

"21:14 minutes left"

He knew he must hurry, and ran out of the door. Before stopping and realising that he could just teleport to his destinations.

"Why didn't I think of that before?" He thought as the familiar blue light engulfed him.

He surveyed his room when he got there. Surprisingly, it was unharmed, except for the acidic substance coming out of the vent.

"Well, better get to work!" He thought, a few waves of his staff and everything compacted into a small cube, he then placed this cube into his backpack, before slinging it round his shoulder and picking up his staff.

"Next stop, the armoury!" He said with glee as he was teleported there. What he saw amazed him. He had never been allowed in here before, and loved what he saw. Weapons of every size, type and age filled the walls.

"Well, there's no way I can carry them all, so I better just take a few." He rummaged round and found a silver sword with a blue handle. "Now this looks like one I had before I… Hang on, this IS my sword!" He looked astonished, as the old weapon seemed to recognise his old friend by vibrating slightly. He sheathed his sword behind his back, and then found a plasma rifle, a bow (and a quiver of around 50 arrows) and an energy shield next to the door. "These will come in handy." Upon taking these, a note dropped to the floor. Curious, Piccard picked it up and his eyes widened when he saw it:

"You always told my you wanted one of these, so look in the brown crate, access code: 64678" -Tom

Piccard tapped the code in and lifted the lid and nearly burst into tears of joy at what he saw, it was the golden single barrel shotgun he gave Tom for his 18th birthday, magically enchanted with an infinite amount of ammo. Piccard picked it up and holstered it with his sword, while thinking:

"Thank you Tom, for everything!"

Having all the weapons that he would need, he compacted all the ammo in the room into another cube, which also found its way into the backpack.

Piccard teleported with the staff while thinking "Now here comes the best task yet, trying to negotiate with the Doc! Thank god we are friends!"

He materialised in the Medi-bay where he was amazed to see the Doctor (As he doesn't have one in Voyager, he doesn't have a name here either), already with his emitter, holding a Medi-Kit.

"Did you receive a message doc?" Piccard asked with a raised eyebrow.

The doctor, who was wearing the old Starfleet uniform, put on his best smile and replied: "Yes, The admiral sent me a message saying to activate my emitter and get some medical supplies and prepare to leave, why, are we under attack?"

"We were, and now, we're the only two people left on board that are alive!"

The doc looked downhearted after hearing this, and then raised his head calmly and proceeded to the doors, before turning. He was about to say "Come on!" when he saw Piccard compacting all the medical equipment and placing it in his pack. "I will never get used to that trick of yours Piccard." Piccard only chuckled as they both teleported to the shuttlebay.

As they bordered the shuttle, Piccard started to look uneasy, thinking that it had been to easy for them to get the supplies and then to the shuttle, but as he had teleported, he assumed he was just being insane.

"Erm, excuse me, but where are we going?" The doc wondered. Piccard checked the computer data.

"According to this, we are in orbit over an M-class planet called `Mobius', we'll land there." Piccard started the launch procedure and had a sudden thought as they left the station `Why does this `Mobius' sound so familiar?'

Suddenly, a jolt hit the shuttle, "Looks like Tom wasn't fast enough, they got their hands on the defence system… Damn, there go our engines!"

"We're gonna crash!" Came from the back of the shuttle. As Piccard turned to talk to the doc, a loose panel flew into him and smashed into his helmet, the force rendering him unconscious.

"I have to do something…" The doc started, but was interrupted by a loud explosion that was the station exploding, with the blast expanding.

"Damn, computer, lock on to my emitter and Piccard's bio-signs and transport us to this area of the planet" He tapped in co-ordinates on the screen for an area he had scanned, known as `Station Square'. As they were being transported, he thought. "I hope the people are nicer to me and Piccard than they were on the station…" Then the shuttle was engulfed in the explosion, but, luckily, they weren't in it.

Meanwhile, in Station Square, there was a party celebrating the defeat of Robotnik (Or Eggman, whichever you prefer to call him) and a certain blue hedgehog was making a complete prat of himself. As he started to get a bit too close to a certain two tailed fox, who was thinking about how he could get out of the way. An explosion from above stopped the entire party, this caused them quite a shock, for the ARK was on the other side of the world in a stationary orbit (meaning it stayed in the same place over the same part of the planet) As they wondered what it might have been, something else mow caught their attention. A small blue effluence appeared in the middle of the park, and before anyone knew what would happen, two things fell out.

The first was in green armour, with denim jeans (Which had blood splattered on in places) and a shattered helmet on his head. While not providing much protection now, it still concealed his face effectively. They also noticed a backpack appeared behind him, unscathed. The second being was not in armour. He had hardly any hair and a `happy-go-lucky' look on his face, a black uniform with blue trim round the shoulders, a badge on his uniform and a strange metal device on his left arm. In his right hand was a Medi-Kit.

He reached in and pulled out a Hypo-spray, which he then injected into Piccard's neck, which at first had no reaction, but then, to the shock of everyone woke him. At first, he just blinked. Then, he stood up next to the doctor, looking out over the town.

"What is this place, and how did we get here?" Piccard asked the doc

"After you were knocked out, the station exploded, I transported us out of the shuttle, everything we had also got out unscathed." Came the reply. "Now, we have to find out where we are…

"Excuse me!"

They both jumped and spun round, to be greeted by a group of Anthropomorphic creatures, with a blue hedgehog and a red echidna in front of them with a menacing look on their faces.

"What are you doing here, and what did you mean by explosion?" came the harsh sounding voice of the red echidna.

Piccard and the Doc exchanged a worried glace as if to say "How do we convince them we don't mean trouble?"

How was it, Good, Bad, a variable substitute for toilet paper?

More coming soon, Please Review.

Piccard, signing out!