Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 2: Introductions ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 2 - Introductions

By: Piccard

I'm back everyone! Anyone miss me? No? Fine! Anyway, here is the second chapter of this work of fiction. I hope it's as good as the first, if not even better.

Crystalstorm21: Thank you for your review, I trust that this chapter will be enjoyable as well. (Sorry, but I have the same problems as Vulcans when it comes to expressing feelings) This chapter focuses more on the Sonic part of the crossover than the Star Trek part, but hey, that's the way it is.

----------------------------

Disclaimer: I mentioned it in chapter 1, so I'm not mentioning it again, go to chapter 1 if you want to waste your time reading said disclaimer. All I own are my character Piccard Arrowsmith and a Mountain Goat on Everest.

On with the Fic!

----------------------------

"What are you doing here, and what did you mean by explosion?" came the harsh sounding voice of the red echidna.

Piccard and the Doc exchanged a worried glace as if to say "How do we convince them we don't mean trouble?"

"I assure you that we mean no harm, and we want no trouble." Piccard began, and was stopped by a hysterical coyote, who spoke with a French accent.

"Zat is ridiculous! If you do not want troubel, why do you have all zoze weppons?" He

Piccard looked up at him. He wore a blue and red uniform and had a sword sheathed at his waist. Sizing him up, Piccard knew he would not be much of a challenge if he was to fight him. He knew he had to talk his way out, but he would have to be careful. One wrong word and it might turn nasty.

"The place where I lived was destroyed, I bought all these weapons as protection. There is no way I would use them without provocation."

The Doctor chose this point to add to the speech, "Besides, if he did come here for trouble, I assure you that you all be out cold by now."

Piccard raised his eyebrows and turned his head to face the Doc " Thanks for that Doc, you know I don't fight unless I have to."

This caused a few groans and mutterings around the crowd, the coyote decided to act.

"Well zen monsieur, ah shall prove to all zat you are lying!" He then unsheathed his sword and lunged at the Doctor.

The blue hedgehog looked up and started to panic "Watch out sir, or that idiot Antoine will impale you!"

"Hmm, that's what you think." The doctor said back, doing what appeared to be a defensive stance. `The observers must think he's nuts' ran through Piccard's head.

What happened next, nobody expected. Antoine ran towards the doctor, and stabbed with his sword. But nothing happened, and as he was going so fast, he didn't have time to react to the fact that he had ran straight through the doctor, therefore he ran into a bench and went flying into a nearby fountain.

Onlookers were shocked at what had just happened. They were expecting to see this man get impaled, but instead were treated to Antoine getting drenched. This inspired a round of riotous laughing, which got Antoine enraged. He charged again, this time at Piccard, who was more prepared for how to defeat this guy without seriously hurting him. The word came to his mind like a bolt from the blue…

"magic…"

Piccard smirked under what remained of his helmet, and drew his own sword. Just managing to counter a blow from Antoine. Pretending to wipe sweat from his helmet, Piccard looked up into the eyes of Antoine and gave him a playful glare, which was visible through a cracked part of the helmet, causing Antoine to shiver.

"It's been fun, but it's time to end this." Piccard said as though he was relatively bored. He threw Antoine back as hard as he could and jumped into the air. Antoine saw this as his window of opportunity and angled his sword so that when Piccard fell, he would land on the sword… That was, IF Piccard fell!

Piccard levitated just mere metres from the tip of the sword. He then sheathed his own sword and drew the all to familiar staff.

"Stun Pulse!" Piccard shouted. A bolt of green energy shot from the tip of the staff and hit Antoine in the chest, not doing any damage, but seriously knocking the wind out of him.

Antoine fell to the floor, breathing heavily. The Doctor walked up and took his medical tri-corder, examining Antoine. "He'll be alright, he's only winded." The doc announced, "He's just weak." He added with a smile, getting a few giggles from the onlookers.

Piccard floated to the ground and sheathed his staff. He looked over at Antoine on the floor and walked over to the group.

"Now that Boy-Wonder's been dealt with, perhaps we could all get to know each other now."

"Yes, I must apologise on behalf of everyone for Antoine's behaviour. He always acts like this when he sees someone getting all the attention." The Blue hedgehog responded. "By the way, I'm Sonic the Hedgehog." He added, extending a hand.

"I'm Piccard Arrowsmith, nice to meet you Sonic." Piccard replied, extending his own hand and shaking Sonic's. "Erm, I don't mean to rush you Sonic, but could we hurry this up before the Swordsman over there regains his bearings and realises that the `Evil Marine' is hogging all the attention."

"Yes, and his doctor ally." The Doctor added, extending his own hand to the two-tailed fox. "I don't have a name, but everyone called me `The Doctor'"

"I'm Miles Prower, but I hate that name, so everyone calls me Tails" The fox shook the Doctors hand. "In case you're wondering why, here's the reason." He added, turning around and waving his twin tails around to a shocked Doctor.

"Fascinating, I bet when you were younger they called you a biological anomaly, didn't they?" The Doctor asked, trying to sound as important as possible (If you've ever watched an episode of Voyager when he made a medical breakthrough, you'll understand what tone of voice I mean.) Everyone except Piccard and Tails looked at the Doctor with raised eyebrows with the expression `What are you talking about?'

Tails simply laughed and replied with "Yes, they did call me a freak."

The red echidna walked up to Piccard and shook his hand so hard that Piccard thought his hand had fell off. "My name's Knuckles. Sorry if I'm very talkative at first, I spent most of my life alone. Well, before I met Sonic. And I'm usually like that around people at first."

"I know the feeling" Piccard muttered, so that only the Doctor would hear. Knuckles thought he heard mumbling, "Pardon?"

Piccard turned a light shade of red, before coming up with the line "Don't worry, you'll get more comfortable with me over time." Knuckles simply smiled. "That didn't come out the way you wanted it to, did it?" He responded.

Before Piccard could say anything else, Knuckles immediately pointed behind Piccard and shouted "Watch out!" Piccard raised an eyebrow, only to be knocked over by a pink blur, which collided with, and latched itself onto, Sonic.

"Sonikku!" The pink hedgehog shouted with glee as she latched herself onto her hero. "Amy!" came Sonic's response. Noticing the stern tone of his voice she looked up and made eye contact. "Look what you just did." She turned around to see a figure in green on the floor, groaning as he tried to right himself. "Uhn, anyone get the number of that tank…" He used his right arm for support, when a surge of pain shot through his body, causing him to scream and hit the floor. "Doc, problem." He tried to say calmly, but came out as a mixture of arrogancy and impatience.

The Doctor scanned his shoulder, and his face grew more surprised. "There's a bullet lodged just above the collar bone, must've been during that fight. That collision you just had with the pink hedgehog, then the floor only drove it in deeper." Piccard only groaned when he heard this, and pointed towards the Doctors Medi-kit. "So what are you waiting for, make with the laser scalpel already." Piccard insisted.

"I'm afraid I can't, it's too deep. I can't get it out without harming the bone" came the Doctor's response, with a look of concern on his face. Piccard raised his eyebrows and sighed "Then I'll have to do it myself." He closed his eyes and his left hand started to glow a light shade of gold. He then placed this hand over his right shoulder, suddenly, a blinding flash came from Piccard, and he stood up as if he'd suffered nothing worse than a good lie down.

The Doctor was wide eyed when he checked his scans "According to this, there's no trace of the bullet ever being there." Piccard grabbed his backpack from the floor, glanced at the doc and smiled "Of course not, I never fail with techniques like that."

Suddenly, a pair of hands wrapped themselves around Piccard's waist from behind, relieving him of oxygen. "Please let go, I enjoy breathing!" Piccard wheezed, as he managed to pry the arms from around him, and quickly turned to see the pink hedgehog looking up at him with tears in her eyes.

"Did I hurt you?" She asked him. He simply smiled and replied with "No, that bullet's been there for a while." His helmet had taken more damage in the fall, and his visor had been smashed, revealing his deep blue eyes to all. "Erm, I hate to interrupt you, but we ARE in public." The Doctor shouted to Piccard.

Turning to the crowd, Piccard noticed a lot of startled faces. "Okay, I think we should explain a few things before we're introduced to everyone else."

"Yes, Firstly, what did you mean by `Explosion' when you first arrived?" Knuckles enquired.

"We were on a station in orbit, how we got there I have no idea, but we were invaded by the legions of hell. Everyone was killed and the Auto-destruct system was activated by a friend of mine. I gathered as many supplies as I could, grabbed the Doctor and escaped by shuttle."

"What happened to the shuttle?" Knuckles asked

"Erm… it got nuked in the blast" Piccard responded, causing everyone to groan. "Hey, my helmet got smashed and I was knocked out! I didn't get a say in the matter." Came his response.

"Okay, fine, next question, Doctor, when Antoine charged you, how come he just went straight through you?" Tails asked

"Because I am a hologram." Came the subtle response "It is impossible for me to be harmed… as long as my emitter remains unharmed." He said, pointing to the metal object on his arm "But as no-one knows what the technology is, they don't know what's going to happen if they damage it." He finished with a trademark smirk, causing Piccard to raise his eyebrows.

"Right, explain this then Piccard, How were you able to fire that bolt at Antoine, levitate in the air and heal yourself?" Sonic pressed his finger into Piccards chest armour playfully. Piccard wondered how he could explain this without surprising everyone. He thought that eye to eye contact might make matters easier, so he slung his bag onto his back, and undid the clasps on the back of what remained of his helmet.

As he removed his helmet, he ran a hand through his short, blonde hair. He let loose a sigh and looked Sonic in the eye. "I have the ability to use magic, and as far as I know, I am the only person alive who has this ability."

Everyone was wide eyed at what he had just said. "It must be good to have magical abilities." Tails said somewhat eagerly.

"Sometimes, it feels like a curse, but most of the time, it does feel good, knowing that I can do things that others can't." Piccard responded, smiling somewhat.

During the next minute of silence, everyone realised what time it was when an owl was heard in the distance. Piccard just chuckled.

"Something funny Piccard?" The Doctor enquired

"We've been talking all this time and didn't even realise that we have nowhere to go." Piccard told the Doc.

"Well we can fix that!" Came the voice of Sonic from behind them.

They turned around to see the Hedgehog, with a stupid grim plastered all over his face. "But first, what say we all go out for the night, and get to know a little bit more about each other."

"Why not?" The Doc said, "It's about time we had some fun, right Piccard?"

Piccard had a generic look on his face, no one had ever asked him anywhere before, and the rules on the station had forbidden him any fun of any kind "I swear the Governor had it in for me." Piccard muttered.

"Piccard you're mumbling again." Knuckles told him.

Piccard smiled again "I suppose I could…"

"Excellent, Lets go!" Sonic interrupted and grabbed him round the arm before he could change his mind.

"Tonight, we will show you the delights of Station Square, starting with a club." Tails announced.

Piccard gave a Sonic-style grin "Well, as we're going to be living here from now on, we should find out what the local amenities are."

As they were leaving Piccard looked at the doc. "I thought Opera was your thing Doctor"

"I can do more than that, as a hologram, I am far superior and can do almost anything, including karaoke." The doc said, with a hopeful glint in his eye.

"Doc," Piccard said as they started walking "Please stop, you're scaring me!"

And so the group left for a great night out. After they had gone, a certain someone woke up.

"Where eez everyone?" Antoine asked himself, and then saw a note attached to his leg.

`Ant, Gone for a night out with Piccard and the Doc, everyone's with us find us when you wake up.' -Sonic

"Ah'd bettair find zat `edgehog!" Antoine muttered while walking off in the direction that everyone else did moments before.

However, as soon as Antoine went round the corner, a vortex appeared next to where Antoine had just been. A figure stepped out and looked around, he looked exactly like Piccard, but his armour, helmet and jeans were all a shade of midnight black, and his blood red eyes could be seen through the helmet.

"Soon, Piccard, we shall meet again. I have been training for this day, and I assure you that this time, you shall die!"

He turned and drew a black staff "Dark Portal!" He shouted. The vortex reappeared and he walked through, while saying "Soon, Piccard, we shall meet, and it will be the true battle of Light against Dark!"

HA! My first cliffhanger! How is it? Good, Bad, favourable for the shredder?

Please Review.

Piccard, Logging off!