Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 4: A Place to stay? ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 4 - A place to stay? how to cope?

By: Piccard

Now that I think about it, this fic writing lark is not as easy as I first assumed, but I'm always up for a challenge. In fact, I enjoy it. Here's chapter 4.

-------------------------------

Disclaimer: You know the drill! Chapter 1 people! Me only own Piccard Arrowsmith and an, erm, I'm not sure what it is, but it's bright green!

Now to the fic.

-------------------------------

As they walked off, they were being watched by the familiar figure in black. "He knows that we know where he is, and I know how he's going to act." He turned to another figure, which was very tall, sitting in a chair, who was shaded from view. " I knew that Anaetheron would escape us, it was just a question of time." The figure spoke up, polishing his right arm, which looked more like a cannon.

Our group were oblivious to all this, and walked down the road. Piccard stopped and looked back "Ever had the feeling that you're being watched?" He said to no-one in particular.

"We can discuss everything when we get back." Sonic shouted, annoyed at another delay. Piccard only shook his head, as the smallish group carried on down the road.

They soon arrived at the station. "Why are we here?" Piccard enquired. Sonic turned, "Sally, Bunnie, Antoine and Rotor live in the village of Knothole in the middle of the great forest on the other side of the planet. The easiest way to get there is by train."

The train soon appeared and everyone said their goodbyes. After waving the four off, everyone left the station. After a few extra minutes of walking, they came to a mansion. "Whoever lives there has to be either very lucky, or extremely rich." The doctor said in admiration. "Yes, I'm both aren't I?" came from ahead. Piccard and the doc stopped and stared at Sonic, each with an awed look. Piccard was the first to speak up "How did you afford that?" Before Sonic could respond, Shadow interrupted "He was given it for allegedly saving the world. Isn't that right, faker?" Sonic turned and glared "If I remember rightly, you're the faker!" "Face it, you used my credit to get this mansion faker."

Piccard merely sighed as he watched the two in front of him have what looked like a very powerful fight. Amy leaned over "Shouldn't you stop them?" "As much as I want to, I have no desire to be sawn into several pieces. It's something even magic can't cure." He drew his shotgun. "Either you two stop and make up, or I go trigger happy on ya!" He pointed the gun at the two of them, who abruptly stopped. "Good, now shake hands and apologise to each other." Sonic and Shadow were hesitant at first, but the click of a shotgun being armed bought them to their senses. "Sorry." Sonic mumbled barely audibly. Shadow leaned over, "Apology accepted, faker!" and the fight resumed.

Piccard couldn't take any more of this, drawing his staff, he turned to Amy "Perhaps I will use magic after all!" He pointed his staff towards the fight and began to glow a shade of turquoise. "Cryogenic beam!" A turquoise beam of light bathed the two combatants, who seemed to freeze in mid-air. Sonic's fist was on Shadows right cheek, and Shadow's foot was inches away from Sonic's groin. "Thank god I stepped in there, that could have turned nasty!"

Piccard picked up Sonic and Knuckles grabbed Shadow as they entered the mansion. Piccard and the doc were amazed by what they saw. "This is the living room." Tails explained, but neither of the amazed ones were listening, the room was larger then any they had known, the walls were a bright blue and the carpet was orange. The doc glanced (Once again) to Piccard "Talk about clashing colours." He whispered. But Piccard wasn't listening.

What had caught Piccards attention was the T.V. It was the biggest he had ever seen, and appeared to be used frequently. How frequently was about to be answered, as knuckles sat down and started flicking through the channels.

"Knuckles, is that all you do?" "Rogue, you know that the only other thing I do is guard that emerald." This got Piccards attention, "Emerald?" Knuckles only turned his head slightly "Yea, I'm the guardian of the floating island, so I have to guard the Master Emerald, for if it is removed the island will fall, hopefully, it'll land in an ocean." Adding "Like last time" under his breath. Piccard turned and saw Sonic and Shadow had just started to unfreeze, and were complaining. "Stop whining and forget it!" Piccard told them.

Tails chose this moment to intervene. "Perhaps we should find you a place to sleep?" Piccard looked up at him "Yea, I'm knackered!" He turned to the Doctor, "Do you need to sleep?" "No, as a hologram, that is another superior factor I have over organics, but it can get lonely staying awake for 24 hours a day." "So whereabouts can I sleep?" Piccard intervened. "Well, we all share rooms, Sonic shares with Shadow, I share with Cream," After he said this, Knuckles started grinning and doing thrusting movements with his hips, and then mocked in an old granny style voice "Oh the ages you young ones do these things these days." Which was followed by laughter, but only his own.

Tails was blushing, "She's only eleven years old." He protested. (- Doctor: Is she? - Me: Don't care, My fic!) He continued what he started, " Knuckles shares with Rogue, and as the Doctor won't be sleeping, we won't need a new room, so" He realised who he had missed. "Oh dear." "What do you mean `oh dear', is it that bad?" "I'm afraid so, you're sharing with Amy!"

Piccard froze and his eyes widened at what he just heard "I'm sharing with the `Oxygen remover?'" Amy walked up and smiled "Looks like it." Piccard looked up and suddenly his face brightened at a thought. "What about Anaetheron, doesn't he need sleep?" "Sorry Piccard" He turned to see a smiling Anaetheron. "I don't sleep either, just put up with her, I'm sure she's not that bad." He said with a slight hint of sarcasm (Slight being an understatement.) Amy picked up on this and pulled a massive hammer from out of nowhere, but Anaetheron ran before she could bash him.

As she put her hammer away, she turned to Piccard, and noticed him sweatdropping, she grabbed him by the hand again "Come on, I'll take you there and help you unpack" She dragged him up a flight of stairs and down the hall to a door. "We're here." She flung open the door, and Piccard had to shield his eyes "Well, what do you think?" "I think it's very pink Amy!" Aside from the pink walls, floor and carpet there was a bed on either side of the room, the left side had photos on shelves, clothes on the bed and all the things that an early teenage girl would have,(minus the mags!) On the right side, there were only some loose clothes. "I have to make a few additions to my side" A wave of the staff bought on some shelves above the bed and a chest of drawers at the side of the bed.

Amy opened his backpack and Piccard saw that she was confused. "Erm, you sure you have enough?" She asked as she held a cube in each hand. "Piccard merely took three cubes from his bag. "This one contains medical supplies." A wave of the staff and the top two shelves above the bed were now filled with said supplies. He took another. "This one contains ammunition and weapons." Another wave of the staff and the bottom three drawers were filled, and on to of the chest sat the rifle, the bow and quiver of arrows, and a small object. Piccard put it on his wrist and activated it, and his whole left arm was engulfed in a blue hue "Energy shield" He said, deactivating it. He then drew the third cube from his pack. "This contains all my clothes and `extras' A flash, and all his clothes appeared on the bed, complete with several different coloured armoured vests. "I'll explain later." He told her.

She was about to go, when Piccard told her to wait up, she turned confused as Piccard opened another pocket and drew another cube. "This one contains all my personal possessions. On the station, I only allowed my friends and the doc to see what was in here. But, I suppose I can make some exceptions now. He held the cube, by far the smallest one yet, and waved his staff. Numerous things appeared on the last shelf and in the last two drawers, things like watches and books, even a photo album. "I would talk you through the album, but I'm too tired." He lay down on the bed and immediately felt uncomfortable, as he grabbed whatever it was with his hand and moved it up to inspect it, Amy made a grab for it, and held it in her left hand, saying "Sorry, that's mine." Piccard saw what it was, it was a pair of pink knickers (I'm British! I don't know the other words) He blushed lightly at this as he made himself comfortable. "Take it to the Doctor and tell him I told him to tell you about it." And those were his last words before he fell asleep.

As Amy re-entered the living room. She saw Knuckles and Rogue watching some nature documentary, Sonic and Shadow fighting (She wondered what about, but then she heard the word `faker' being used) and Cream and Tails talking to the Doctor. She walked over, and Amy mentioned the album to the doc and that Piccard told her to tell him to tell them about it (Phew that took a lot of effort - Doctor: Can I administer anything for that?) The doctor only sighed and took the album from Amy, this must have had some telepathic effect, as everyone stopped and came round the table.

The Doctor opened the album. The first photo was of Piccard in normal clothes standing in his quarters. "This was taken when Piccard was 13. Things were different back then." "What do you mean?" Cream asked. The Doctor turned the page. A man was pointing a gun at Piccard, who was giving the camera a glare. "Who' s that fat man?" Sonic jokingly asked. "That fat man is Governor Taylon, ever since he found out that Piccard knew magic, he made his life hell. Being shot at was the least of his worries." The Doc turned the page again, it showed Piccard with two other figures and the Doctor. The figure on the right was in red armour with a yellow sash and brown trousers. The figure on the left was in white armour and held a red and white shield. Piccard was in his green armour and had his helmet under his arm. "Who are those two?" Tails asked, "Those are the only other people on the station besides myself who still spoke to Piccard after finding out he knew magic. The one on the Piccards left (Our right) is Station Admiral Thomas Brown, and the one on Piccards right (Our left) is Weapons Technician Jonathan Andrews. This was the party the four of us had the day Piccard got his armour."

The next page caused everyone to laugh. Piccard had a paint gun in his hand, and Thomas had a large pink splat on his forehead, which he was wiping off with one hand and holding his glasses in the other. "They were almost like brothers, knowing how to have a laugh at nearly everything." The next picture showed Piccard in a blue coat holding a cage with what looked like a parrot in it, while Jonathan was in a brown coat standing behind a console. "On Earth, there was a comedy team that did a show known as Monty Python, These two" He said, gesturing to the picture "Were fanatics. They're doing the Parrot sketch, but I know nothing about it, so you'd be better asking Piccard."

This went on for several hours, the Doc explaining each photo in turn. He put a slip of paper in to save the position and closed it "You all look tired and it's gone eleven." to the three that were left. Tails and Cream said their goodnights and went their way down the hall. Amy also left and went to her room. After she left, a familiar figure came from the shadows. "Is it only good things in that album?" "I'm afraid not Anaetheron, that's the reason I stopped there, the next pages were the ones that housed the photos that would win Piccard the prize for `Most Sympathy needed for this person'" Anaetheron sat down, and they both started talking, and for two who don't sleep, it's going to be a long conversation.

Amy entered her room, and immediately noticed that the bed on the right was empty. She was worried, but then she heard something from the bathroom. She tried the door, which was unlocked. "Piccard." She shouted, "You in there?" "Amy, don't come in, I'm naked!" came the voice from the over side. Amy paused, but then thought that was normal, as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow didn't wear clothes. She opened the door and went in. "But Sonic and the other guys are always…" She stopped mid sentence as Piccard grabbed a towel and wrapped it round himself, hiding himself a little too late. "But we humans don't have a way of `hiding ourselves'." He said arrogantly as he walked out with the towel.

Meanwhile, a certain someone was watching this while polishing his black armour. "This is priceless!" The shaded figure in the chair spoke up, "Aren't you going to attack?" "Not this chapter, no, I'm enjoying this too much!"

Back in the room, Piccard had just changed into his boxers and climbed into bed as Amy came out of the bathroom, "I thought you were asleep." She stuttered. "Couldn't get to sleep, so I had a bath to try and relax." "Did it work?" He looked at her with a grin "You could say that." At this point however, sleep overtook him and he drifted off. Before she went to sleep, she changed into her pink nightclothes (is that a word?) and thought "I wonder what everyone else is doing now." Before she fell asleep.

Sonic + Shadow: The room is pitch black, and two voices can be heard saying "Faker!"

Tails + Cream: Both in their own beds sleeping peacefully, and facing each other.

Knuckles + Rogue: I can't say, the reason? I'm keeping this fic PG-13. (at the moment!)

Doctor + Anaetheron: Talking about the finer things in life while Anaetheron drinks the wine he found while he was in the shadows.

The next morning, Amy woke up and was greeted by a strange sight. Piccard was in his normal clothes, A purple top and a pair of denims, and was sitting on the bed, legs crossed, concentrating on something in the palm of his hand. "What's that?" she asked, moving over and sitting next to him. There appeared to be three orbs, one red, one blue and one white flying around.

"Just something to pass the time until you woke up." The orbs got more erratic as Piccard lost concentration for a second, but he quickly regained control. His hand glowed white and the orbs entered his hand, much to her shock. "Don't worry, it took me long enough to find out I could do that!"

As they went downstairs, the sight of an unconscious Hell Knight, and the Doctor trying to revive him greeted them. "Hi there, nice night?" "Yes thanks, what happened here?" The Doctor checked his scan "A chemical imbalance in his brain, that imbalance being alcohol." Piccard noticed the empty bottles on the floor and grinned "You two had a good night as well?" The Doctor looked at Piccard "You know I can't drink!" Now Amy saw the bottles. "That was Sonics collection, he'll go spare when he finds out!" Piccard groaned and faced them both "So the big question know is `can we revive a 10-foot tall demon and hide the bottles and smell of wine on his breath before anyone else wakes up?' "Do what before anyone else wakes up?" A voice came from the hallway. Amy thought `Uh-oh!" Piccard and the Doctor glanced (Groan!) at each other, and the thought `Oh Shit!!!' ran through both of their minds.

I know that was one of my shorter chapters, but give me a chance!

How was it, Good, Bad, As pointless as trying to find a dog who speaks? Please review!

Piccard, ceasing broadcast!