Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 5: Station life in Station Square! ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 5 - Station life in Station square? Can it work?

By: Piccard

I once again break the odds and I bring you chapter 5, only a short time after chapter 4. Go me!

-------------------------------------

Disclaimer: Chap 1 already! I just own My characters Piccard Arrowsmith and Anaetheron the Hell Knight. I also own a white thing that bounces a lot! And before anyone thinks of it, it's not Rogue! (Damn!)

Can we get on with it already? Yes we can!

-------------------------------------

As they went downstairs, the sight of an unconscious Hell Knight, and the Doctor trying to revive him greeted them. "Hi there, nice night?" "Yes thanks, what happened here?" The Doctor checked his scan "A chemical imbalance in his brain, that imbalance being alcohol." Piccard noticed the empty bottles on the floor and grinned "You two had a good night as well?" The Doctor looked at Piccard "You know I can't drink!" Now Amy saw the bottles. "That was Sonics collection, he'll go spare when he finds out!" Piccard groaned and faced them both "So the big question know is `can we revive a 10-foot tall demon and hide the bottles and smell of wine on his breath before anyone else wakes up?' "Do what before anyone else wakes up?" A voice came from the hallway. Amy thought `Uh-oh!" Piccard and the Doctor glanced (Groan!) at each other, and the thought `Oh Shit!!!' ran through both of their minds.

Piccard turned slightly and his hand glowed green. "Sleep!" He echoed. He then heard a crash behind him and saw Tails asleep on the floor. "I bet when he wakes up, he's going to have a broken nose." The doctor commented. "Is that your professional medical diagnosis?" "No, he fell face first, it's really obvious." Amy coughed to get both of their attentions. "Can we get back to the problem at hand." Piccard started thinking, and after a minute and a half, "Okay, Doc, you and me will carry him to mine and Amy's room, we'll revive him there. Amy, stay here and get rid of the bottles, if Tails wakes up, call us okay?"

Piccard and the Doctor tried to carry Anaetheron, but as he was too heavy, they resorted to dragging him, leaving marks in the carpet where his hooves dragged along. By the time they got there, Amy had hidden the bottles back where Anaetheron had got them from and was sitting with the unconscious Tails. "It does look like it's broken, bet he'll make a racket when he wakes up." She stood up and went to get a drink of water, on her way, she passed the table where the album was. After getting her water, curiosity got the better of her and she sat down and resumed from the point that the Doctor marked the night before. "Wonder what other good things are here. Don't have the doc to explain, but I'm sure I'll get the gist of it."

The first picture she saw nearly caused her to drop her water. Piccard was on the floor, and five men in uniforms similar to the Doctors were beating him with baseball bats. She turned the page, and was greeted by a knife in Piccard's stomach as he was lying on a bad, with the Doctor over him who had a panicked look on his face.. Picture after picture showed her Piccard undergoing every possible torture method ever conceived. The one that finally caused her to drop her water was a picture that took up the entire page. It was of Piccard being thrown into a large blue tube from above, on the right of the picture was a sign `DANGER: Do not get within a 3m radius of the power core without protective clothing, risk of corrosive damage to skin, eyes, and internal organs.' And then she saw something at the bottom of the sign that was written in pen, `Unless of course it's the freak Arrowsmith! In which case, throw him in for pure entertainment!

- Gvnr. Taylon'

She turned the page again, and this time laughed at what she saw, Piccard had his staff in his hand, and was being restrained by Jonathan and Thomas as a crewmember covered in blood looked like he was running off. Turning the page again, she came to the back cover, where only one picture resided. Two people glaring at each other, swords locked in battle. She recognised the one on the left as Piccard, but the one on the right, it looked like Piccard, but his armour was black, his eyes were red and his skin was darker.

She closed the album and put the mark in the place it was before, and went back to Tails. Just as she sat down, Piccard and the Doctor re-entered the room, the Doctor carrying something "He's awake, but has one hell of a hangover." He stopped when he saw the look on Amy's face "What's wrong?" He asked. She realised she was giving too much away, so she decided to change the subject. "It's Tails, I really think he broke his nose." "Good thing I bought this." The doc said as he drew a hypo-spray from his pack and injected it into Tails neck, who woke up in an instant, and the first thing he said was what everyone else expected. "OW! My nose!" "I'll fix it." Piccards hand glowed gold, then there was the familiar flash, and Tails checked his nose. "It's better."

Piccard smiled and sat down opposite Tails. "You should be more careful where you fall." "Yea? Well you should cast your spells better! Speaking of spells, why did you do that?" Piccard glanced (Come on, you saw it a mile away!) at the Doc, "You see Tails." Piccard started, but the Doc interrupted, and he is not known for his subtlety. "Anaetheron found Sonics wine collection!" Tails's eyes widened "Sonic'll go mad!" "That's what I'm hoping to prevent!" Piccard could hear two voices coming down the stairs, both saying "Faker!" "Whatever you've got planned Piccard, best you do it now!" He sprang up, ran to the cabinet and cast a quick spell. The wine bottles appeared filled. "I don't want to be anywhere nearby when he drinks it! I'm told synthetic alcohol tastes like crap compared to normal wine."

Sonic and Shadow came in, and upon seeing Piccard's hand next to his staff they stayed quiet and sat down. "What's on T.V.?" Sonic asked, The Doctor sighed "I have no idea, what programs do you furries have?" Piccard looked at the listings, "Tuesday, Hey, check this out Doc, they're exactly the same as the ones we have on Earth!"

They turned on the T.V. just to see if there was anything good on, but were interrupted by the news.

"This just in, last night, a dance hall in downtown Station Square was attacked by various creatures that were unidentifiable by observers. We got this footage of the evening's events." Camera footage showed how Piccard had managed to defeat the attackers; `rather easy' ran through Piccard's mind. "The armoured figure, known as `Piccard Arrowsmith' from the autographs he signed managed to save the day, this confused us, as Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends were in residence, and did nothing to assist. As they left, we also observed a white demon, which onlookers say was suffering from a form of brain control, and a human male, who was dressed in a strange outfit and was bald, escorting them. We do not know where they are now, but the people here have made it clear that none of them are a threat."

"The uniform's not strange!" The Doctor said looking himself over, "And what's wrong with bald?" Sonic looked around "Where's Anaetheron?" Piccard panicked. "Just because he doesn't sleep doesn't mean he doesn't have to use the bathroom!" (Doctor: That sounded tiring.- Me: It was, gimme that hypo-spray!) Luckily, Sonic bought this and turned back to the T.V.

`Last night was just a test; soon, they'll send something more powerful. Like on the station' Piccard thought. He turned to Sonic "Sonic, do you have any large, unused rooms in this mansion?" Sonic didn't respond, so Piccard asked Tails, "Yea, there's one next to yours and Amy's. I'll take you there." As they left, Piccard heard some strange music, followed by the doctor squealing, "Ooh Quincy!" "Ooh God!" Piccard muttered as they walked down the hall.

When they got there Tails opened the door, and Piccard saw that it was just a white empty room. "They're gonna send more than the ones they sent yesterday, many of them more powerful, so, I'll need somewhere to train." Piccard got his staff, and continually waved it, making him, it and the room glow blue. Tails chose this moment to step out the door. After a minute of waiting, Tail's re-entered and was amazed by what he saw.

Consoles were standing on the floor with programs pre-running. Various panels on the walls showed technical data about weapons, shields etc. What caught his eye though was the large blue tube in the middle of the room. As he walked up to it, he noticed a note on the console in front of him, which he read: `Don't get to close to the Power core (Blue tube) I've just gone to get changed to something more appropriate, be back in a minute. While I'm gone, enjoy yourself! -Piccard'

Tails looked down at the console in front of him, `PowerCore=100%' Buttons underneath noted different functions. He pressed one, and a different menu came up. This one had technical readouts of the weapons systems. `Lasers, Torpedoes, Disrupters, they had it all!' Tails said to himself in wonder.

The sound of a door opening caused him to turn, and looked wide eyed at what he saw. Piccard walked in, he was wearing an outfit similar to the Doctor's, except the trim was red, not blue. He had three gold pips on his right lapel, and a small green bar on his left lapel. "Armour wasn't appropriate for the engine core, so I dug out the old uniform." "What is this place?" Tails asked in awe. "I just reconstructed the stations holodeck. Using this, you can see anywhere on the station." He was stopped by a voice from behind "What are you doing here freak?" Piccard turned and saw the same fat man from the album "Hello mate." Piccard said slyly, earning him a backhand across the face. Tails prepared to charge, but Piccard held him back. "It's Governor Taylon to YOU!" Piccard just smiled. "Jokes on you, Computer, delete Governor!"

The governor disappeared. Piccard turned to Tails; "You can also call on holographic versions of the stations crewmembers if you want. But before I show you anymore, shall we wait till everyone else is ready?" Tails agreed to this, but Piccard sensed the sadness in his voice. "Tell you what, lets go to my room, and I can show you my stuff." This made him a bit happier as they walked out. Piccard stopped and turned. "Computer, end Program." The contents of the room vanished, and all that remained was a black room with yellow stripes. A panel appeared next to the door. "This allows you to select the program before entering, so anyone can use it." After saying this, they both left for Piccards room.

When they arrived there, they got the best sight they had ever seen, it was so good, both Tails and Piccard were on the floor laughing. Anaetheron was standing in the middle of the room in one of Amy's dresses and giggling hysterically. (Picture it, a six foot tall male demon wearing a dress.) Piccard's eyes glowed yellow. "Restoration." Suddenly, Anaetheron stopped giggling and took off the dress saying, "What the hell?" "I thought the Red suited you." "It made me look like one of the damn Barons!" Anaetheron sulked walking out.

Tails and Piccard sat down on the bed, "I don't exactly have what you'd call much stuff, but I do care a lot for what I own." He reached under the bed and pulled out a few C.D's. "These are the sort of music that I like to listen to, but they're not exactly what anyone would call modern." Tails looked at the artists and groups names, `Bob Geldof?' `Human League?' `THE BEATLES?' `Who names these people!?' Piccard opened a drawer and pulled out a few Pads, "These contain what I thought about everyone on the station."

As they were going through all of Piccards stuff, they heard something breaking downstairs and Cream came running in "Sonic and Anaetheron are fighting!" "Oh no!" Piccard and Tails dropped what they were doing. "We didn't get rid of the smell of wine from Anaetheron!" As they entered the main area, they saw the Doctor trying to play peacekeeper, as Sonic had Anaetheron on the floor. "You had the wine!" "I WAS BORED!" "That's no excuse!" And the fight continued. Piccard sighed and decided to try and restore order.

Meanwhile, a certain armoured figure was watching all this. The figure from the chair spoke up, "Shouldn't you attack?" "Hmm, oh yeah." He sweatdropped and opened a portal. "Send `em in!" "I know just the two."

The black armoured figure turned "They fight well as enemies, but lets see how they'll fare as allies."

Meanwhile, Piccard managed to stop the fight, but took a few hits himself.

At this point, Knuckles and Rogue entered. "Miss anything?" "Yeah red, a fight over Sonic's wine!" Before anyone could say anything else, a scream from outside got their attention. Amy moved to the window, and turned around white faced. "Who hasn't got Arachnophobia?" Only Piccard, Sonic, Knuckles, Anaetheron and the Doctor stepped forward. "Looks like it's just you then."

The five ran outside, and stopped immediately. Two mechanical spiders were terrorising the locals. Anaetheron stopped short, "Arachnotrons, brace yourselves." "You'll need weapons." Piccard used his power to bring down each of his from his room and unholstered the shotgun from his back. He handed them out, Sonic got the Plasma rifle, Knuckles got the Bow and the Doctor got the sword, which seemed reluctant at first, but then recognised who it was. Anaetheron had his own power that, while limited, could still be helpful. "Take `em out, but whatever you do, don't get too close. Those things pack a punch with their plasma rifles."

Several green bolts broke them apart. "SPLIT!" Piccard yelled, and they ran in different directions. Knuckles armed an arrow and aimed at the spiders head, he fired, but it merely rebounded off the metal below its brain (Or is it head? no player can tell!) Sonic meanwhile was looking at the gun, "How does this thing work?" He pulled the trigger, and a stream of plasma shot out, and hit the first Arachnotron causing it to scream. It turned and fired at Sonic, but he moved so fast he dodged them all. While Sonic and Knuckles were working on this one, Piccard, Anaetheron and the Doctor had the second one. Anaetheron's left claw glowed green, he bought his claw down, and a bolt of green energy hit the Arachnotron in the plasma launcher. Causing it to lose concentration. Piccard chose this moment to aim the shotgun; he had to jump to avoid a rogue plasma bolt from the other Arachnotron. He fired, and took out the glass shield around its brain. "Doctor, NOW!" The doc leaped up and aimed the sword downwards "I'll see you in sick-bay!" He said triumphant as the sword made it's mark, an ear piercing mechanical scream caused the other Arachnotron to turn around and fire at the closest one to it, that being Piccard.

Piccard turned and saw a stream of Plasma heading his way, he had no time to react to it, and the stream of plasma hit him square in the chest, causing him to reel and fall. They all looked on wide-eyed as he went down, Rage got the better of them, and the other Arachnotron stood little chance against the onslaught. Blood and metal parts flew everywhere as they all walked over to Piccard, whom they saw trying to raise off the ground.

The doctor reached down to his belt and pulled out another hypo-spray, and injected Piccard with it. This helped Piccard rise, and he promptly sat on the pavement. "You won?" They exchanged glances (ARGH!) "Don't you mean `We'?" "No, I went down, you defeated the second one." He rose to his feet, and heard applause. He raised his head, and saw that a crowd had formed at the corner of a nearby street. Piccard was panting heavily at this point. Lots of people came and asked for autographs, some even asked for Anaetherons and the Doctors. After this was done and the crowd dispersed, Anaetheron and Sonic helped Piccard get back to the mansion, while Knuckles and the Doctor walked behind. "How did he survive?" Knuckles asked. "After all he's had to put up with, Plasma bolts are like a stroll in the park."

As they re-entered the mansion, Piccard was tackled by Amy, but somehow, he managed to stay up. "Doctor. 20cc's. Oxygen. STAT!" She let go, slightly blushing. He wiped a hand over his brow, "God, I'm sweating like a horse!" Remembering what happened in the bathroom last night, Amy absent-mindedly said "The similarities don't end there." Piccard went bright red, grabbed his weapons and took off towards the room. "How do you know Amy?" Sonic asked with a raised eyebrow, she then explained to them the incident in the bathroom from the night before.

----------------------------------

I hope this is alright, it took me the whole morning to do, I did it now is because I won't have a chance to update before next Monday. How was it then, Good, Bad, as popular as BBC3? Please review, or I'll shout something abusive through your letterbox!

Piccard, finishing and dead tired!