Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 6: Piccard's log and a wine dilemma! ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 6 - Piccards Log and a wine dilemma.

By: Piccard

I return earlier than I said because I got a lucky break! Here's the deal, every six or so chapters, my character, Piccard Arrowsmith, will record a log at some point in the chapter, showing his views on what's going on.

-------------------------------------

Disclaimer: Has been cunningly interwoven into chapter 1, and is split into the other chapters. I just own Piccard Arrowsmith, Anaetheron the Hell Knight and a one-pound coin.

Time to write this thing!

-------------------------------------

As they re-entered the mansion, Piccard was tackled by Amy, but somehow, he managed to stay up. "Doctor. 20cc's. Oxygen. STAT!" She let go, slightly blushing. He wiped a hand over his brow, "God, I'm sweating like a horse!" Remembering what happened in the bathroom last night, Amy absent-mindedly said, "The similarities don't end there." Piccard went bright red, grabbed his weapons and took off towards the room. "How do you know Amy?" Sonic asked with a raised eyebrow, she then explained to them the incident in the bathroom from the night before.

Piccard was absolutely knackered when he reached his bed. He put his weapons on the cabinet and lay back, thinking about what had happened since he arrived: the swordfight with Antoine, the dance with Amy and the battle at the hall, the bathroom incident, and what had just happened on the street. "Life's just one big party here isn't it?" Piccard said to no one in particular.

He looked down, and realised he was still wearing his Starfleet uniform, which now bore a large plasma inflicted hole on the front. "This'll take me a while to repair." He took off his uniform and picked up a red shirt and pair of black trousers and went into the bathroom.

Meanwhile, everyone else was downstairs talking about this, that and the other. After a quarter of an hour, The Doctor noticed Sonic was glaring at the back of Anaetherons head, Anaetheron sensed this and turned slightly, "Is this about the wine again?" "Of course it is! You drank it!" Anaetheron sighed and lowered his head "A. I was bored, and B. Piccard restored it, see?" Sonic walked over to his wine cabinet and pulled out a bottle. He sniffed it, smelt normal. He poured himself a glass, `Wait, didn't Piccard say that Synthetic was crap compared to real?' suddenly ran through the Doctor's head as Sonic sipped the wine.

His eyes widened, the glass dropped to the floor, and Sonic spat it out. "What the heck is THAT?" Everyone in the room winced at the last word, which he shouted loud enough to raise the dead. From his Bath, Piccard's eyes widened. "He drank the wine already?" He merely groaned and got out of and drained the bath, got dressed and went back to his room. As he left the bathroom, the sight of an enraged blue hedgehog in the doorway greeted him. Sonic thrust the bottle into Piccards face. "What do you call this?" He shouted. Piccard kept his cool when answering, "The best I could do on short notice. I have no money, so I couldn't have bought you any!"

Sonic merely "Hmphed" as he walked back the way he came. Piccard lay on his bed and reached up to the lower shelf, and bought down a small grey electronic pad. "Might as well get this done with." He thought.

/\/** Personal log - ID 03131

Author - Marine Commander Piccard Arrowsmith

Subject - This new life.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

It amazes me as to how different life is here than it was back on the Poledes station. Here people are free to do as they please, and do not have to follow a strict routine everyday, like we had to.

The first big shock I got was that the majority of this planets population are Anthropomorphic (Animals with Human like qualities), the number of humans on this planet then, as I can gather, is limited.

The second thing that shocked me was the number of friends I made in a limited time. I have more friends here than I did in my 3 and a half years on the Poledes. How I wish Tom and Jon were still here. Some of these `furries' are more friendly than others, but I digress. Here's a rundown of some of them:

Sonic - A Blue hedgehog with the gift of speed, according to what I heard he got this mansion as a reward for saving the world, what's wrong with a vast amount of cash? If he is indeed world-famous, it would explain why he's so proud of himself. Overall, a nice guy, as long as you don't touch his wine. If you do, brace yourself!

Tails - An Orange fox whose name is Miles (He never told me his second name) He has two tails and seems keen on advanced technology, from what I observe, as he spends most of his time talking about it with the Doctor.

Knuckles - A red echidna that tells me he's a guardian of something called a `Master Emerald'. I'm curious as to the power of this emerald, but his personality tells me that if I ask too much, I'd probably gain a bruise or two.

The only things that worries me are the attacks. Last night was easy and we were introduced to Anaetheron the Hell Knight, who was under brain control from the start, which I managed to undo by destroying a strange device on his left horn. And about half an hour ago, a round of plasma fire took me down. Nothing serious, but I wish I was wearing my armour. It stings like buggery and made one hell of a mess of my uniform. Who's sending these attacks, I know they will reveal themselves soon, and I have this weird feeling that we've met before on the field of battle.

Overall I am enjoying my life here so far. Yet there is something confusing me more than the one co-ordinating the attacks, and that is a young hedgehog by the name of Amy Rose. Why do I feel so strange whenever she's around? I feel like my temperature rises and my heart rate increases dramatically, guess I'll have to have a word with the Doctor about it when I next have a moment.

Piccard, Ending log.

/\/**

Piccard put the pad back up on the shelf and considered going downstairs, but remembering Sonic's `Wine Whine' He decided to go to the holodeck instead, so he grabbed his sword and staff and left the room, when he got there a few seconds later he noticed someone was in there. He pressed a few buttons and the door opened, revealing all to Piccard. It was the stations engineering core again, and sitting in front of a console on Piccards left was Tails, who had every window on a different setting. Piccard walked over and put his hand on Tails's shoulder "See anything you like?" He asked, Tails just continued typing and clicking as he spoke "This database of yours is amazing, if only we had technology like this, it would make life easier for us all." "I'll see what I can do, but first, there's something I want to show you." Piccard said as he turned and walked to the power core.

"The station had many mysteries as far as I was concerned, the only one I considered important was this." Piccard began as Tails stopped what he was doing and walked towards Piccard. "The power core uses an element known as Dilithium to power the station." They went to a lift to the upper level. "It's not a mystery as far as how it works is concerned, what's a mystery is how the dilithium itself reacts with various things." Tails noticed a sign nearby and grabbed a radiation suit from a nearby hook. "Erm, shouldn't you get a suit?" "I don't need one, I erm," Piccard began, remembering the incident he had before "tripped once and fell in. I wasn't prepared for what happened." "What happened?" Piccard didn't answer; instead he just jumped into the core.

Tails screamed as Piccard was engulfed by the swirling blue mass. He was about to run for help when a voice called out "Don't worry, I'm fine. Move back, I'm coming up!" Tails took a few steps back and was shocked as Piccard landed in front of him, but he looked different, his shirt was now yellow, and his trousers were white. Tails was about to ask what happened, but as he opened his mouth, Piccards shirt turned back to red, and his trousers turned back to black. Piccard was sweating and panting as he fell to his knees. All he managed to say was "It takes a lot out of me! By merging with dilithium like that, I can increase my power, but I have to stay in contact for it to." This was all he could manage before he blacked out.

When he woke up later, he found he was lying on his bed, with Tails, Amy and the Doctor over him. "What happened?" Was all Piccard asked. "You fainted after your stunt at the core. You were seriously drained." Tails said "You were out for a good few hours, but don't worry me like that again!" Amy scolded, then realised what she said and turned red again. " It's now 1:30, you missed lunch." The Doctor said. "Doesn't matter, I wasn't really hungry anyway."

They heard a cough at the door, and they turned to see Shadow with his arms folded. "This wine thing's going to far, The Faker won't stop, and Anaetheron's getting fed up!" Piccard smirked, "Go down and tell everyone to meet me next door, I've got a way to settle this." Shadow went down and told everyone, and within a minute, they were all inside the holodeck. "This is a non-lethal way for you to solve your problem. If Sonic wins, I will replace the wine, because Anaetheron might not be recognised if he leaves the mansion. If Anaetheron wins, then Sonic has to stop going on about the wine and replace it himself. Do you both agree to this?" They both nodded.

"The arena for this battle will be the Poledes port. You can fight on the backs of the two federation heavy destroyers, the USS Leviathan, and the USS Lebanon. You may use any technique at your disposal, and the winner is the first one to knock their foe off the stage. But be careful, the cruisers will move around, so try to refrain from jumping unless you have too." Piccard tapped in some commands on a screen, and the port appeared in front of them. "Everyone else to the spectators area." After everyone found where he or she was sitting, Piccard could get the match underway. It was fairly obvious as to who sat with whom, Tails sat with Cream, Knuckles sat with Rogue, Shadow tolerated with sitting next to the Doctor (He can be annoying sometimes can't he?) and Amy had a seat free for Piccard.

"Fighters, get to position." Sonic ran and did a spin jump onto the back of the Lebanon, While Anaetheron simply strode onto the hull of the Leviathan. "If anything goes wrong, the Doctor is here as a medic, but also as a spectator, and I don't predict anything going wrong." Sonic turned towards Anaetheron "Prepare to eat my dust, it's gonna be swirling round your head!" Anaetheron raised an eyebrow. "Speed isn't everything you know Sonic."

"BEGIN!"

Sonic revved up and charged straight for Anaetheron, who only bought his hoof forward to counter Sonic's attack. This got Sonic mivved, he then jumped in the air and tried to land on Anaetheron's head, but the Hell knight moved out of the way as Sonic landed. Sonic turned and span right into Anaetheron's leg, causing him to roar and bring down a claw, which only just missed Sonic's cheek. "Give it up!" Sonic shouted as he revved again and shot towards Anaetheron, "Never!" Anaetheron's claw glowed green, and just before Sonic hit him, he bought his claw forward, sending the hedgehog flying back towards the edge of the Leviathan.

Up with the spectators, things were a little different; Knuckles and Rogue were concentrating more on each other than the match. Tails and Cream were just talking quietly. Shadow was watching the match, and The Doctor was watching Piccard and Amy in front of him. Piccard was managing to focus on the match and talk to Amy at the same time. "Who do you want to win?" She asked him "Anaetheron, because I haven't got any money!" This caused her to laugh, as the match below got a little more frantic.

Sonic was regretting his new `Get the Demon angry' strategy, as he was now dodging energy flying everywhere. Anaetheron had got in touch with his rage and was doing all he could to take down this blue hedgehog; he saw his chance as Sonic got to close, and Anaetheron grabbed him by his neck. "Never make a Demon angry if ya know what's good for ya!" He threw Sonic as hard as he could, Sonic stopped and revved in mid-air and did an air dash to try and get back on, but at the last second, Anaetheron bought his left hoof forward, hard! This sent Sonic flying again, this time causing him to smash into the side of the Lebanon, and fall down to the bottom.

"Match winner: Anaetheron! Computer, End Program!"

The holodeck returned to normal, Piccard, Tails and the doctor explained to everyone how the deck worked. They all seemed interested as they all walked out. Around 10 minutes later, Piccard was lying on his bed again, back in his green armour in case something happened. Suddenly, Amy came running in and grabbed Piccard by his arm and dragged him out of the room, "Amy, what's going on?" Amy had a happy face, and this immediately got Piccard worried "We're all going to the mall!" "Oh, prey tell, where is this mall?" Amy let go of Piccard, who landed on the doorstep with an "Ow, my arsebone!" "In the town!" She responded. Piccard decided not to comment as she dragged him again to where everyone else was stood.

"How are we getting there?" Piccard asked "We're walking." Piccard raised his eyebrows at this "I know a way that's free!" he smirked and drew his staff "Everybody ready?" He glowed blue as everyone said they were, "Teleport." He said quietly as everyone disappeared.

When they reappeared, they found that they were about one street away from the mall. "Okay, so you can't expect me to be accurate on my first time here can you?" Most of the group walked, as Amy dragged Sonic and Rogue dragged Knuckles. Tails and Cream walked hand in hand (But denied anything, saying that they were just `good friends') Shadow walked on his own, and Piccard, The Doctor and Anaetheron bought up the rear.

`Something's bound to happen, we're all out together.' Ran through Piccard's head. Meanwhile, a certain armoured figure was preparing his helmet and loading a chain gun. "That's right Piccard, something will happen at this mall."

The figure in the chair's voice seemed arrogant when it said, "You have your orders, you can't fail, or the boss'll have your head!" The black armoured figured turned and sighed "Calm down Cyby! Honestly, if this goes wrong, you'll be doing the attacks, not me! I'll go and prepare my team."

As he left, the figure in the chair rose and went to a console at the wall. Tapping various commands, he got the information about Arrowsmith and the figure in black, and his red eyes widened "So that's why he wants to meet Arrowsmith in battle!" He exclaimed as he ran out of the room.

A slight cliff-hanger!

Well, how was it, good, bad, pointless as Tony Blair having a popularity contest? Please Review, or I'll write an advert for the Daily mail!

Piccard, Ending Log and now going strong!