Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 11: The Unlikely Alliance ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 11 - The Unlikely Alliance

By: Piccard

My last chapter may have been a little unorthodox, but this chapter should make up for it. I, the 5-time `No glancing' award holder, hope that it does!

----------------------------------

Disclaimer: Has been split between chap's 1 and 9, giving you hours of fun reassembling them.

What have I been taking? The piss for 10 chapters!

----------------------------------

"This is odd." Piccard said as he grabbed his weapons and put them in his backpack, which he held with his right hand. "What does the Doctor want?" "Well, he wantED help reviving everyone, but I managed to help out well enough before I came up." Piccard put on his watch and noticed it said 9:40, "Luckily the Park's just up the road there." Piccard said as he slung his backpack over his shoulder. Both of them went downstairs to see Amy and Rogue giggling and talking to each other as everyone else was recovering.

"I just need to go out, I received a message." Piccard announced, no one answered so he just went. The Doctor walked over to Anaetheron, "Message?" "Hmm, a pad told him to be at Station Square Park at 10Am." "Who sent it?" Anaetheron turned to the doc "Promise you won't overreact, but Dark Piccard sent it!"

Piccard was halfway up the street as The Doctor ran out of the door carrying his medi-kit with Sonic in tow. "Is there another route to the park so we can watch them without being seen?" Sonic pointed to a side street "Up here, why's it so important we spy on them." "It's most likely an ambush." And so they ran up another street as Piccard walked up the main street. "It might be an ambush, but Dark never uses pads to deliver messages, Wonder what's going on." Piccard entered the Park and found a bench next to the central fountain. He checked his watch, 9:53. "He'll be early as well, another trait he got from me."

Piccard and Sonic sat between two trees and were sitting opposite Piccard, obscured from view by a bush. The Doctor opened his kit and starting tapping in numbers on the pad on the right. "What are you doing?" Sonic asked as the top of the kit came off revealing. "Phasers!" The Doctor proudly stated, handing one to Sonic and keeping one for him. "Standard federation issue. Piccard doesn't know I have these. I packed them because I knew Piccard wouldn't grab them from the Poledes Armoury."

Piccard looked around and saw that he was alone, so he took out his ocarina and began to play, not a tranquil tune like the previous night, but it sounded like a call or a summons. After several minutes, Piccard put it down next to him and checked his watch, 9:58. Just then he heard a similar tune begin to play quieter at first, then louder, and louder as he sensed something materialising behind him. Piccard didn't even turn round. "Greetings Dark." Dark Piccard walked round and sat next to him, putting his ocarina on his lap. "Hello Light Side."

The Doctor was pointing his phaser at Dark Piccard. "First sign of violence let him have it!" Sonic complied by pointing his phaser. The two Piccard's were silent at this time. "I hope that this is important Dark Side, you know I don't come out on plain whims." Piccard said with a tone of hostility. Dark Piccard looked at him in a state of shock, "Important? Didn't you read the whole of that log? They want me arrested for disobeying orders. You know what I did to you. My orders then were simply to steal your weapons in secret and then take you out myself. Not to confront you head on like that." Piccard widened his eyes. "I never knew you valued your duties like that. I always assumed that you were the complete opposite of me." "I am, but there is one thing that we both have which has prevented me from killing you each time we met, we both have the same feelings and emotions."

Piccard raised an eyebrow, "Please explain, I'm not exactly awake." "I know, I saw what the girls did to you." This got Piccard's attention, "How?" "You got the magic, and I got the psionics! I kept tabs on you ever since I first left the Poledes. `Know your opponent', a key phrase of yours back then." Piccard smiled. "You got more of me than I thought you did. What do you mean by opponent?" "Piccard, I am your dark side, logic dictates that dark and light are rivals." Piccard raised both eyebrows `Great, my dark side's a Vulcan!' ran through his mind as he thought of what to say next, but his dark side beat him to it. "How do you do it? Get friends I mean." "I'm perhaps the last person you should come to if you're seeking advice about getting friends. But I just try to be nice and get to know them. Remember my adaptive personality?" Piccard noticed how his dark side's helmet seemed to lower after hearing this. "You must've had friends surely?"

Dark Piccard removed his helmet, and Piccard thought he was seeing things for he could see what looked like dried up tears. "It's one of the reasons why I originally opened the gateway. I thought if I could find people as dark as me we'd get on like a house on fire, but they didn't give a rat's arse about me." Piccard inwardly chuckled at how their British accents made things sound funnier. "They only used me for access to the gateway, and manufactured a way to create their own gateway in case I ever rebelled. I was only a lieutenant in their plan. I got so lonely that I created my own friend. A Cyberdemon, modelled on the ones that hell employed against Earth during the war, and as far as I know, he's still there." Dark Piccard's eyes started watering, "He was my only friend during these past nine months. And now I fear for his life." Dark Piccard broke down and started crying. Piccard was overwhelmed at this point. His rebellious Dark Side, that had caused him much grief and pain, was now an emotional wreck before him.

The Doctor was looking on in shock, as this was the last thing he expected. Sonic however was a bit sceptical, "Is this the same dark marine that nearly killed Piccard before." The Doctor lowered his phaser. "That's why he never killed Piccard." "What do you mean?" "If Dark Piccard indeed has the same emotions as Piccard himself, he would never kill unless extremely angry." The Doctor turned back to see Piccard with an arm around his dark side's shoulder. "It'll be alright Dark." Dark Piccard cleared up a bit. "I may have been hell bent on destruction, but deep down, this is what I wanted. Tranquillity." Piccard chuckled. "I never would have guessed by looking at you." Dark Piccard got up and walked over to the fountain, sitting on the edge and dipping a hand in the water. "It took what I saw between you and the Rose girl to realise that I like to see you happy. It is indeed a rarity." "Hmm, so, what's on your mind?" "We're both fighting for different reasons. You to save lives and me to get revenge on strict disciplinary methods. So I was thinking about an alliance between us." Piccard walked over and sat down next to him. "It sounds a bit farfetched to me, what if anyone found out? The other day, they saw you try and kill me and heard me moan about revenge. If they see us together, it'll be." He paused to think of a witty phrase, but failed. "A bloody good laugh, I'll do it! But I insist that you be careful about who you chose to be around while you're there." Dark Piccard smiled and bought his hand forward, showering Piccard in a light spray of water. Piccard merely groaned as he wiped water off his face, he turned to see his Dark side in hysterics. "You always were a kid at heart Dark!" "You were always to serious to take a joke Light!"

The A.I. in charge of the base now was watching this and shouting at the lower orders. "I don't believe this! They teamed up? Impossible!" She opened a com channel. "Send the best you've got down to this location, I don't want either of them left alive!" She closed the channel and activated her scanners, and found something that interested her. "A source of dilithium on this planet? Hmm."

Both Piccards were now walking out of the park down towards the mansion, when they were stopped by a very high-pitched mechanical scream from behind them, closely followed by a low pitch mechanical one. Both Piccard's turned and ran towards the noises. "Why would two mechanical sources attack each other?" "Beat's me Dark?" They both turned the corner and saw utter destruction. Dark Piccard took one look at the combatants and his eyes widened drastically. One was a mechanical spider, similar to the Arachnotrons, but this one had a high-powered chaingun instead. The other was a giant, orange in colour with a rocket launcher instead of a right hand. "Cybos!" Dark Piccard yelled as he ran forward with his rocket launcher. Piccard shook his head. "Obviously that's the one he created." He said to himself before brandishing his plasma gun and taking off after his dark side.

"You were a fool to run from the Machine Mother, Cybos!" The spider creature yelled, as it sent round after round of bullet fire into the Cyberdemon's abdomen, causing it to buckle and yell as it fell. "She didn't build me, Dark Piccard did, I follow his rules, and his alone!" He yelled as he sent rocket after rocket towards the spider, which was too large to dodge any of them. Cybos stood up rather forcibly and bought his rocket launcher forward full speed towards the spiders glass casing, making a hole in it. "You're just as weak as those Arachnotrons!" "You shouldn't have done that!" The spider yelled, and Cybos realised just how close he now was to the chain gun that sat on the spiders front. "Oh bugger!" was all he could say be fore he received numerous bullet wounds all over his organic body parts. He roared now as he fell and seemed incapable of getting back up. "This will end it!" The spider shouted with an air of triumph as it aimed its chain gun.

It stalled however when it heard cries of "Get back!" and "Get it!" It looked up to see two rockets and a stream of ionised particles connect full force with one of it's legs, causing it to buckle and fall. It looked up to see a marine in blue with a plasma gun, and a marine in black with a rocket launcher. "You two?" The spider taunted. "If you so much as harm my friend again, I'll make sure you'll need mechanical crutches after this!" Dark Piccard shouted in rage. "I assure you, if my Dark side feels as strongly as this, it must be the right way! You're going down!" Cybos recognised one of the voices and turned his head. "Dark!" "Stay down, this might get ugly." Dark Piccard told him as Piccard let fly another plasma volley.

The spider creature turned and fired at the Piccard's, but Piccard whipped out his staff and twirled it on his hand, deflecting all the bullets as his dark side looked on in shock. "I didn't know you could do that!" "There are lots of things I can do that you can't. Observe." He held his hands out palm up. "I can combine magic." One hand glowed red. "Pyro siege." His other hand glowed turquoise. "Cryogenic beam." He bought his hands together and there was a small explosion as he now glowed a reddish-turquoise. "Incendiary restrictor!" He shouted as the beam shot from his hand and hit the spider square in the chaingun, causing it to stop attacking and recoil. Partially because it couldn't attack, and partially because it was on fire. It began wailing and stomping around, catching Piccard with the tip of one of it's legs and sending him to the floor. Dark was to far to do anything as he watched the spider regain it's senses and position a leg over Piccard. "It's over."

Just then a voice was heard from a bush from above. "Get away from him!" Two orange beams shot from a bush and sent the spider flying. Piccard looked up and saw The Doctor and Sonic in the bush. "Decided to spy, did you?" "Just in case this meeting was an ambush." The spider got up and opened a gateway. "I'll be back, and next time, your precious hologram won't be around to save you!" It shouted as it fell through, utterly exhausted.

"Here's a parting gift!" Dark Piccard shouted as he fired two rockets through as the gateway was closing. He helped Piccard to his feet. "You're a better fighter then I thought Light!" "After that thrashing you gave me the other day, I needed to let some energy out Dark!" They shook hands on a job well done and Dark Piccard started to leave. "Where are you going?" "I don't think I'll be accepted at the mansion, if not for who I am, then because I nearly killed you." They heard a voice from behind them. "That's a load of rubbish!" They turned to see Sonic there with his arms folded. "You helped Piccard take out whatever it was." Dark interrupted, "It was a Spider Mastermind, she was responsible for Hell's first invasion on mars." Sonic sweatdropped. "Well, whatever, but the point is that if you tell them you helped your light side out and they don't believe you, then you have me and the Doctor to turn to as backup." "Thanks guys." Dark said as he turned around and walked back to the group. They looked at the unconscious Cyberdemon next to them. Piccard waved his staff and the demon shrank until he was about the height of Anaetheron. "He may be shocked when he wakes up, but it's the only way we can get him back to the mansion." Piccard said as he and Dark Piccard picked him up and carried him.

Meanwhile at the mansion, everyone had recovered and we're going on about their normal business. Amy and Rogue were still sitting at the table and talking about what they did to Piccard that morning. "Do you really think that was the right thing to do?" "Well, Amy, it gave us some form of entertainment. Wonder if we'll be able to get him again." Amy was about to speak when she looked out of the window and saw Piccard, The Doctor and Sonic coming back to the mansion with two others. "Isn't that the one who tried to kill Piccard before?" she asked Rogue who was walking to the window, "Yup, that's him! Wonder what they're carrying?" Everyone else was unaware that Dark Piccard was at this moment just outside the mansion, good job, otherwise there might have been a riot.

Sonic opened the door as the Piccard's carried Cybos in and put him on the floor. "Can you fix him?" Piccard asked. Dark sighed, "If I can't fix him, then I couldn't have built him in the first place." Dark sat down and started looking him over. "Damage is only superficial, just need to reconnect a few wires." He said as he reached towards the demons stomach area, where many wires were exposed. He started fiddling around with them and after a minute, Cybos appeared to be coming back to life. "Doctor, can you give him something for his organic components?" "Course I can Dark!" The Doctor opened his kit and pulled out a Hypo-spray. Injecting it into Cybos's left arm, he saw the wounds immediately start to heal. Cybos opened his eyes and observed his surroundings. "Where am I?" "A place where that bitch of an A.I. can't damage us anymore!" Cybos recognised the voice. "Dark!" He shouted as he grabbed his best friend in a bear hug. "Let go, I enjoy breathing!" Dark arrogantly exclaimed as Cybos let go and sat up. "Where am I?" A new voice spoke up. "Sonic's mansion. We saved your life out there." "Who are you?" He looked and saw a marine in blue armour. "Light Piccard?" "That's me!"

Dark stood up and looked around, "Nice place, can see why you like it here Light!" He turned and saw Rogue and Amy staring at him. "I'm Dark Piccard. You could say that `I am the Darkness'." He heard a groan and turned to his light side. "Dark, If you're going to quote `Warcraft 3' could you at least do it with the proper tone of voice?" "Got it!" He turned back and was greeted by an almighty whack from Amy's hammer. "What was that for?" He asked as he was lying on the floor. "For nearly killing my boyfriend before!" "Guess I did deserve it." They laughed at this before Anaetheron came in. "Dark?" "Yes?" A claw connected with Dark's gut. "That's for fitting me with that transmitter!" "Anaetheron?" He turned to see a cyberdemon standing up in the middle of the room. "Do you remember me?" "Cybos?" "Mm-Hmm!" Both demons shook claws and walked off to talk.

After another 15 minutes, Dark Piccard had been introduced to everyone and suffered numerous blows at the same time before Piccard was telling him where things were before they were interrupted. "Piccard," They both turned to see Tails looking panicked. "It's nearly time for lunch, and Rogue insists that she's cooking?" Before Piccard could respond, he found that he was being spoken for. "Perhaps I can give her some pointers? I've always been a good chef." "Dark, you can cook?" "I didn't have your magic so I had to learn." Tails took Dark Piccard to the kitchen as Piccard walked to the holodeck. "This is getting weirder and weirder." He said as he reached the door. "Might as well carry on with Archery Training!" He said to himself as he went in to the familiar holo green fields.

This has to make up for anything that anyone might not have liked about chapter 10, but if it didn't then you'll have to read the next chapter as well! How was it, Good, Bad, worthy of becoming the next director general of the BBC? Now review, or I'll torpedo you to the top of Everest!

Piccard, ending communication.