Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 17: A Birthday and a night out? Will SHODAN intervene? ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 17 - A Birthday and a night out? Will SHODAN intervene?

By: Piccard

Hey, guess what? Go on, have a guess. No more guesses? Fine, I'll tell you, here's chapter 17 of the epic fic! (In the eyes of the few.)

---------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: I don't own anything unless you don't recognise it, just thought I'd refresh your memory.

My life for the horde? Do they write these fics as well?

---------------------------- /\/**

In Piccard's room however, Amy was asleep and Piccard was looking at the clock, "3, 2, 1, Midnight! Happy 18th birthday." Piccard muttered to himself as he let sleep overtake him. Amy however, was not having a very pleasant one.

She was dreaming about being with Piccard (Same as usual) on a nice stroll somewhere. As Piccard opened his mouth to say something, a large hole opened up underneath him and several cables came out and impaled themselves in Piccard's arms and legs and dragged him in. As she ran over, the hole closed up, and the sky went black. She heard a voice, "Hello Insect. Piccard will no longer be a problem!" Amy turned and found herself face to face with SHODAN.

Amy screamed as she bolted upright in bed, waking Piccard who checked the clock, "2:30? Whats wrong?" She ran over to Piccard's bed and dived under the covers. "It was horrible!" "Tell me all about it." She explained everything to him, and he smiled lightly. "Don't worry, SHODAN gave me nightmares when I found a picture of her in my grandfathers closet." He put his arms around her, "As long as you're with me, you're safe." He said as he fell asleep. Amy smiled, she did feel safe in his arms, and she fell into the best sleep she had in ages.

Morning came at around 9:50, and Amy awoke to find that she was alone again in the bed. Getting dressed quickly, she checked both the bathroom and the holodeck, "No sign of him." She said to herself as she started down the stairs. She turned the corner and saw Rogue listening by the door of the Lounge, so Amy crept up and tapped her on the shoulder, scaring the hell out of her. "Don't do that!" "Sorry, what are you spying on?" Rogue chuckled, "Listen for yourself!" So Amy also put her head to the door, but she did not know who was in there.

Tom and Jon were on the couch with the Doctor, Anaetheron was on the floor next to them, Cybos was on the chair opposite, Dark Piccard was leaning against the wall next to the T.V. and Piccard himself was lying on the floor. "So another year has rolled around has it Dark?" "Yup, light, are you sure you don't want to tell anyone?" Piccard closed his eyes as he looked at the ceiling. "It wasn't exactly a fun time on the Poledes you know, only Jon, Tom and the Doc put time aside to actually celebrate with me." The three in question all seemed to reminisce. "All that day meant was that you could leave deck 32 without being shot at!" Piccard chuckled, "At least the Governor honoured it somehow, the ungrateful bastard!" This got a round of laughter, and even a few quiet sniggers from outside. "So what you gonna do?" "Well as you know, I have my date with Amy tonight, so I guess that'll do!" Jon took this moment to protest. "It bloody well won't `do' ya stupid bugger!" Piccard only glanced at him, "Give me one bloody good reason then." "It's your 18th, man! It's supposed to be the wildest night of your life." Piccard laughed and looked Jon in the eye. "In case you've forgotten, my idea of a wild night is my head stuck in a computer with a nice, hot cup of Earl Grey by my side!"

(I do drink Earl Grey tea, nothing wrong with it! It's just Ironic because that's a certain captain's fave as well. I won't say which, but see if the combination NCC 1701-D/E rings any bells!)

"So what else could I do?" "We'll come up with something Arrowsmith! First things first, do you have a suit?" Piccard thought for a moment, "No!" Anaetheron chose this moment to intervene. "Well I'll go with you later to get one then." "Thanks." Cybos pulled out the bottles of synthetic wine that he kept from Anaetheron. "How about a quick drink?" Everyone, including Piccard, accepted this and each got a glass, which was promptly filled by the cyberdemon. "To my 18th Birthday, lets hope it does indeed turn out to be my best yet!" Various cries of "Amen!" "I'll drink to that!" and "Please state the nature of the medical emergency!" Filled the air. "Doctor?" "Yes?" "Shut up!"

As they drank these, Amy and Rogue quickly and quietly ran upstairs. "Why didn't he tell us today was his birthday?" "Don't know, perhaps it was to soon." Both girls went to the holodeck and looked down the list of programs and found one that looked interesting. "Piccard's quarters, Deck 32, section J of corridor P." "Les try that then." Both girls walked in, and the colour scheme and contents immediately blared at them. The walls were purple, and a red carpet stretched over the whole floor. On one end of the room were a bed and a closet. On the other, a computer and several files. Amy walked over and pressed the power button while Rogue explored the rest of the room. "Erm, Amy, what day is it?" "Er, July 5th 2984? Why?" "Because this calendar says June 19th 2981!" Amy turned off the computer before it even finished loading and walked over to join Rogue. "3 years ago, what's the point?" "No, not that! Piccard said that his Grandfather defeated SHODAN in 2114, but that was over 800 years ago!" Realisation hit Amy at this point. "Perhaps we should ask him."

Both girls left and went to Piccard and Amy's room, to find him and his Dark side sitting on the edge of the bed. "Can we have a word with you two?" "Of course, sit down." Rogue and Amy sat on the bed opposite as both Piccard's put down the pads that they had been looking through. "So what can we do?" "I just want to ask you a question, You said that your grandfather defeated SHODAN in 2114, and the year is 2984. So how can you be right?" Dark left as Piccard paused, and his eyes started to well up. "I don't like to talk about it much, but I shall tell you. You see, it all happened in 2174, three years after my father thwarted the attempts of hell. We we're in the star port."

/\/** Flashback, Piccard's POV /\/**

I was only eight at the time. He was showing me all the technology that was being used to help create what would one day become known as a federation. But he was also on a mission for revenge. Demons had destroyed our country while he as away, and I only managed to escape with a few supplies because of my magic.

Of course, we had no idea that we were being watched. It happened as we were next to the stasis pods. I had my staff in one hand and my sword sheathed on my back as I ran forward. I turned to him, only to find that, to my horror, he had been hit square in the chest by a shotgun blast.

He was still standing, but barely as he aimed and took out the one that had shot him. I don't know who or what it was. But he removed his armour and hastily put it over my neck, as well as putting his helmet on my head, and before I could protest, he pushed me back into one of the pods and used what strength he had left to activate the stasis field. It was traumatizing for me to have to witness the last living member of my family using his last few breaths to activate a stasis field so that I would have a better chance at life. I was screaming and had tears running down my face as I watched him fall, and then the stasis field kicked in.

The next thing I knew as the pod door opening, and looking up into the eyes of the Doctor. "We found you adrift in space." Were the first words he said to me. Of course, the first thing I asked was, "how long was I in there?" Well, it's 2974, so you've been out for 800 years." As expected, this traumatized me even more. The Arrowsmith timeline had been in stasis for 800 years, and god only knew what hell was planning in that time.

Over the next few years, I came to regard the Doctor as my adopted father, and he viewed me as an adopted son. He used to say, "I always wanted a family." And we have been virtually inseparable over the time. He taught me various things like how different technology worked and how to use a replicator. I admit, I did wonder why I was given weird looks when I asked people where the fridge freezer was. And in return, I told him about how different technology worked in the olden days. A point when the most technologically advanced device had batteries, and was used for changing a television channel.

Of course, after a short while, he did find out about my magic. He wasn't to phased by it, but he did seem a bit off put whenever I cast a spell. I explained to him about the Arrowsmith timeline and he seemed to understand. Another few years and I had a basic medical knowledge. I was what he would call a son to be proud of.

It does seem strange though, that he seemed almost as fatherly as my own dad had. I must be imagining things.

/\/** End Flashback, Readers POV /\/**

"So you see, I lost 800 years of my life, and that's how I came to this time." Piccard concluded to see the girls in shock. "We had no idea." "It's okay, at first, everyone wondered why when I was asked my age I often said either `don't know' or `808'" This got a laugh as Anaetheron came in. "Piccard, it's one o clock. You said that we were going out." "Ah, yes, don't worry, were just going for a walk." Piccard said as he picked up his sword and staff. "See ya later!" He said as he and Anaetheron walked down the corridor and teleported to the mall when they were out of sight.

At this point, Amy and Rogue were thinking about what Piccard told them when they heard a raised voice from the lounge. "Ay, get down ere ya lazy gits. Dark has something he wants to say!" "Jon must want us as well." Amy said as she and Rogue got up and started downstairs. "You're the lucky one, Jon doesn't gape at your tits all day and leave a trail of drool every time he's in the same room as you!" Both girls laughed at this as they entered the lounge. They were the last two there, and almost immediately, Rogue noticed Jon doing the usual drool routine. "What did I tell you?" They laughed again as Jon cleaned it up and went back to Tom and Dark. As the one that they were informed wanted them, Dark had to tell them the news. "I have an announcement." "Hang on!" They turned to see Knuckles. "What about Piccard and Anaetheron?" "This is about Piccard and Anaetheron already knows, he's just helping provide a decoy. For I don't know how to keep you all in suspense, (Me: That and my wrist is bloody knackered!) Today is Piccard's 18th birthday." The room fell silent. "So what shall we do?" "At the moment, nothing, we should wait until Piccard and Amy go out later, then we can start preparing." Amy turned red after hearing this and Rogue leaned over, "Do you have a dress?" "Of course." Tom chose this moment to speak. "Piccard is not exactly the party animal, and would be quite happy to celebrate his birthday over the `net with a mug of tea. We have to try and get him to have at least one night of fun." They all laughed as the three explained their plan.

Piccard and Anaetheron were at the local Burtons (Don't own them either, just did work exp. There!) Having Piccard fitted for a suit. "I'll be back in a minute sir." The assistant, whose name just happened to be Gareth, walked in another direction as Piccard sat next to Anaetheron and conjured a small pile of money into his hand. "A thousand bucks! That should last a while." Anaetheron only chuckled. "Why don't you get one as well? Save time after getting a date." Anaetheron looked him in the eye. "I'm a bit old for dating, I'm 132!" "Well, I'm 818 and I have one tonight!" Anaetheron knew he'd been whipped, and before he could ask about the 818 part, Piccard spoke up again. "There has to be one girl there that you like the look of." Anaetheron went a light shade of red at this point, and after trying to worm his way out of it, he gave in. "Promise you won't tell anyone?" "Of course." Anaetheron merely sighed as he looked up at the ceiling. "Well, I do like the look of that mongoose we rescued for the village." "Who, Mina?" "That's the one." Anaetheron actually smiled after saying this, but he started to turn a light shade of pink after hearing Piccard saying, "Get in there Anaetheron you old devil you!" He could easily be mistaken for a Baron by the shade of pink that he had turned. Gareth came back with something over his arm. "Would you like to try this on sir." "Of course." Piccard took the suit from him and went behind the screen. Gareth turned to Anaetheron. "Would you like to try something as well sir?" "Okay, how about fitting me for one of those suits as well?"

As Piccard was coming out of the cubicle, he noticed the one next to him was just being closed. He looked himself over in the mirror, and was amazed by what he saw. He looked a lot more adult in one of these things than he did in his armour. A light red shirt and tie finished it off, as he looked himself over again. "Perfect, she'll like this. I'll buy it." Gareth's smile became apparent after hearing the magic `B' word. "Very good sir, that'll be 150 dollars." `Bargin' Piccard thought as he handed the money over and had the suit bagged for him. "Where's Anaetheron?" "If you mean the tall white topless demon, he's right there." Piccard turned and his eyes nearly popped out of his head at the fact that the Hell Knight looked completely different now. He had a suit very similar to Piccard's, which was more of a grey/black than the pure black that Piccard had. He still had the same trousers as before and wore a light green shirt and tie that matched the colour that his claws glowed. "Suits you Anaetheron." "Sure does, but can you answer me this Piccard?" Piccard moved closer. "Does my bum look big in this?" Piccard put on a ladies voice, "Oh no dearie, you look absolutely fab." Piccard said with raised eyebrows. "So you want it then do you?" "You bet!" Anaetheron took it off and they paid for that and left the store. "Looking forward to impressing Mina are you?" "Shut up!"

At this time, Certain people were going over the party plans. "For the last time Jon we can't have strippers!" "Why not?" The Doctor was getting seriously bored at this point, and it was noticed. "Doc, are you alright?" "You've been arguing about that for the last 10 minutes. It's now 3.30pm, Piccard and Anaetheron will be back any minute." While they were planning, the boys were gathering supplies, but took a different route than the one that Piccard and Anaetheron were walking back along, and the girls were helping Amy with her dress. "Wonder what we'll do tonight?" "Calm down Amy, I'm sure it'll be enjoyable." Amy chuckled as Rogue helped her with her nails. Just then, there was a knock at the door, and Tom peeped his head around. "Are you decent?" "Don't worry." Tom smiled as he came in. "A word of advice on tonight Amy, this is Piccard's first date, so is he screws it up, at least look like you're having fun." Amy raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean screws up?" "Occasionally, Piccard tends to phase out for a time, due to a dislike of large crowds of strangers. Just thought I should warn you." He said as he turned. "Nice dress, Piccard'll love it!" He added as he walked out and closed the door.

Several hours passed after this time, and Piccard was changed and sat on the couch waiting his date. He was wearing exactly what he wore from the shop. Black suit and red shirt and tie and also a hint of cologne. When he first came down, Dark had said. "Doing impressions of me are we?" (RHYME! Doctor: I'm warning you!) Piccard closed his eyes and started humming a tune, Dark recognised it as Piccard's version of the `Flying Battery' theme. After an extra five minutes of this. Piccard checked the clock. 6.45pm. Just then, he heard the door open and stood up as Amy came in. His eyes nearly popped out at the beauty that stood in front of him.

She was wearing a respectable red dress, not revealing too much, nor completely covering her. She also had a pair of red sandals and she had also polished her nails red as well. (So much red that's it's scary! Don't complain I've never had to describe anyone like this before.) After the afternoon, she had opted to go without the make-up, but it didn't hinder her appearance one bit, as Piccard was bought to his senses by his Dark side holding a bucket. "This is to catch your eyes." He said. Piccard merely blushed as a light snigger went round the room; even Amy had to refrain from laughing. "Amy." Piccard started, "You look divine." "Thank you, You look great yourself." Piccard just smiled as he took Amy's hand and led her towards the door. Piccard turned and glanced towards Jon, `I know you're hiding something, I wish I knew what.' He thought to himself as they went out of the door.

Once outside, They both opted for the teleport option. Once they were gone, Jon clapped his hands. "Lets get this party set up!"

Piccard and Amy rematerialised in front of a restaurant. "Hope this is alright, I noticed it before when me and Dark side teamed up against the mastermind. Before you ask, I did manage to get some money, but don't ask how." Amy only laughed as they linked arms and walked in. Getting a seat near a window, they looked over the menu. Piccard's eyes went wide when he saw the prices. "How much? Lucky I have enough cash." He looked up into the eyes of Amy, "Anything you want?" "I'll need more time." Piccard smiled as he looked at the menu again. After 5 minutes they both decided on the lobster. (Can you feel the classiness?!?) And Piccard called the waiter over, who bared an uncanny resemblance to a certain Italian plumber. "Can I take-a your order-a?" "Of course sir, we're both having the lobster." "A wise-a choice sir." The waiter walked away, clicking his fingers hysterically. Amy leaned towards him. "Why are the Italians working here?" "I'm not sure, must be for the money." Only a short wait later, the waiter came back with two plates. "Your-a lobsters sir and-a madam." "Thank you, by the way, are you from Brooklyn?" The waiter raised an eyebrow, "Thought not, never mind." The waiter shook his head as he walked off and the two started.

Back at the mansion, Jon was running around like a headless chicken whilst giving orders. Dark was tiring of this and pulled a cable from the wall that had a large electrical charge in it. "Jon, come here." He bounded over "Hold this." Jon grabbed it, and spent the next minute in the air while screaming, "TURN IT OFF!" dark cut off the power and Jon fell to the floor. Tom chose that moment to make a witty comment. "Ladies and Gentleman, that was the light show, thank you and good night." People laughed at this and carried on with what they were doing. Jon immediately bounced up and started giving orders again. The Doctor sighed, and then got a great idea. He called Rogue over and started to whisper in her ear. Several minutes later, Jon didn't stop giving orders, but when he heard some calling his name, he looked up to see Rogue in the doorway, making herself look as suggestive as possible and beckoning him to follow her whilst looking as if she was undoing her top. As they expected, Jon immediately dashed out of the door, and three seconds later a loud `BANG!' was heard which stopped everyone, and then everyone watched Rogue came back in, dragging Jon in one hand and carrying a frying pan in the other. "Thanks for the advice Doc." "Anytime, he was starting to be annoying." Dumping Jon on the couch, everyone carried on with what they were doing.

Piccard and Amy had finished their lobsters, (I'm speeding this along aren't I? I'm trying to go slow. Believe me!) Piccard called the waiter over. "Can we have the bill please?" "Of Course-a sir." He walked off, and Piccard turned to Amy, putting on a false accent. "Did-a you-a enjoy it-a?" Amy found it hard not to laugh at this and chose to respond in plain English. "Of course I did dear." Piccard chuckled as the waiter bought the bill over. "Thank you." Piccard looked at the bill, and them cast a spell to keep his heart working. "85 bucks?" Piccard gave the waiter one hundred. "Keep the change." "Thank you sir-a." The waiter exclaimed, obviously happy. "If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?" "I'm-a Mario!"

Back at the mansion, things were starting to get weirder as Jon had woken up and was back to his old tricks. Tom put his head into his folded arms. "What did we do to deserve this?" "Nothing. I just enjoy making a complete arse of myself." Tom looked up at him. "That's true!" Dark in the meantime was being held up by Cybos as he attached some decorations to the ceiling. "There has to be an easier way." "What about me? I'm the one holding you!" Dark chuckled as he jumped down and Sonic came in, "Don't you want to use the ladder for that?" Cybos glared at Dark, who just sweatdropped.

Piccard and Amy were now walking through the streets back to the mansion when they passed the Park, "I suppose some quiet time before we get quizzed on what we did might come in handy." Amy smiled at him as they entered the darkened park. Piccard located a bench and cast a quick illumination spell so that Amy could see that she was sitting on a bench, and that Piccard was one foot away from falling into the water. He stood up with a grin on his face and he sat next to her. "It's too early to splash out yet!" They spent the next thirty minutes in their own little world. Good thing it was so late, or any little kids that idolised him might have stuck their tongues out and gone `eew', or any big kids that would be tempted to say `go on, get her in bed.' Or something weird like that. Drawing out of a passionate embrace, Piccard checked his watch. "21:30, shall we stay or go back?" As if to answer, she drew him in for another kiss.

At the mansion, the panic was finally over, everything was set up, all that they needed now was for Piccard and Amy to arrive home. Everyone was hiding with the light's off. The Doctor glanced at the clock, 21:45. Then, they heard the door start to open, and voices could be heard. "So you enjoyed it then? I know it wasn't much, but." "Don't worry about that, I enjoyed it deeply." Smooching sounds could be heard before Piccard turned the handle and stepped through. "Why's it so bloody dark in here? Everyone turned in." He took a step further and tripped over something and went face first into the floor causing him to yell, "F***! That's gonna leave a bruise for definite!" Piccard picked himself up as Amy reached in and switched on the lights. "SURPRISE!" "BLOODY HELL!!!" Piccard was shocked to say the least, his smile was so broad it could be seen for miles. "So you all found out? Who told you?" "Dark deed, aftair you and Anaetheron went out!" Piccard chuckled, "Speaking of Anaetheron, where is he?" "I'm right here." Everyone turned to see Anaetheron in the doorway, clad in the suit he bought with Piccard earlier. "I've been in the holodeck, I found a disco program!" He struck a pose and many of the girls just stared at him. `Oh boy!' ran through Piccard's mind as Jon and Dark both shouted, "Let's get this party started!"

Yeah! I'm starting to show that I have a life! Party next chapter, and there's been no sign of SHODAN! Ecstasy! Well, how was it, Good, Bad, subtle as a Ferrungi mating dance? Please review.

Piccard, hyperventilating from typing! (That's just Bollocks!)