Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 20: Holo training and a surprise for Piccard! ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 20 - Holo training and a surprise for Piccard!

By: Piccard

Here comes chapter 20 for you lucky readers. No, I don't force people to read this by tying them to chairs and gagging them, who told you that? (I swear, if I catch that Andrew Gilligan for spicing up reports of me treating people harshly.)

---------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Begins with `D' and if any of you are paying attention then you will know I've said it before.

By the gods, I'm annoying? Well that's true.

---------------------------- /\/**

Anaetheron and Cybos helped Dark back whilst Geoffery and R-396 helped Piccard into the mansion. The Doctor had converted the holodeck into the Poledes medi-bay and Piccard and Dark were laid on separate beds. "Now that that's over with, what the hell was it?" Xerxes stepped forward. "I was trying to tell you before. SHODAN wanted you two defeated, so she created him." Dark raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" "She used your medical file and the power of that emerald she stole and had me create a more evil version of you." "A more evil version of Dark, then were all buggered!" "Anyway, it was the reason I needed to escape, defeating it will be virtually impossible, and as I created it, I know it's weakness! That's why I had to escape and warn you. But remember, that thing is pure evil, there will be no reasoning with it." Everyone seemed to agree with this before Xerxes finished. "This thing will be our biggest challenge yet, you'd better train for when he next attacks, for he is,"

"Bio-Piccard!"

"Impressive name." Dark said with a hint of sarcasm. Piccard noticed this and gave him the raised eyebrow treatment. Jon and Tom merely sighed as they told the Piccard's that they wanted the holodeck for their training. "Why don't the four of us do it, and the others can watch on the T.V." This was promptly agreed to by the aforementioned two, and the Doctor told everyone else to leave. "You too Doc." He sulked as he left as well, and there was a mad rush to the lounge to get the T.V. on as quickly as possible. "Just like old times." Tom said as Piccard donned his armour. Jon just brushed some dust off his armour's shoulder as the four readied their weapons. Piccard and Jon had swords, Dark had a staff and Tom had his laser rapier. Piccard gave the order. "Computer, load program Piccard team training 010102, endurance mode."

There were a few beeps and the medi-bay transformed into what appeared to be the remains of a coliseum. "Computer, safety mode on." More beeps. "Computer, begin program." Another few beeps as the first round started. Demons rushed out of varying entrances and went straight towards the group. Dark vaulted over them with his staff, Jon ran straight towards them, and Piccard and Tom were back to back with their blades ready. The blood started to fly as Piccard and Tom started defending, Dark started battering and Jon started slashing like a maniac and shouting phrases such as "Die, Die!" and "Lets blow something up!" Piccard chuckled as he bought his sword down through the final demons skull and the computer beeped. "Computer, skip ahead a few rounds, go to round 9." The computer complied and the four got ready. "We may not have magic like you, but we both know a trick or two." "How?" "Watch and learn!" Jon pressed a button on his sword's handle, and flames crept up the blade. "A fire sword, all I did was hook a photon generator to the handle." Piccard admired this, but Tom caught his attention, "My rapier can attack from a distance." He pressed a few buttons and the blade length increased drastically. "Show off." Jon muttered.

A cyberdemon came out of each of the four arena entrances, and the group decided on having one each. Piccard drew his plasma gun and started running and firing. Dark pulled his staff up and used it to vault over each rocket that came his way. Tom used his rapier to hit the rockets blast mechanisms, turning them into useless shells, and Jon just ran as fast as he could towards his while swinging his sword in front of him like a maniac. "He's actually got the idea for once." Piccard thought as he sent round after round into the behemoths abdomen, causing it to collapse and explode. Dark was using his staff like a lance and was swinging it hard to try and concuss it before it hit him, but a blue bolt shot past his head and caused the demon to malfunction. Dark saw this as a chance and leapt up and knocked it's head clean off. After landing, he turned to see Tom standing there with his rifle. "Told you it killed them quick!" He said with a grin as he turned to help Jon, who was slashing like mad, but didn't realise that he was in fact slashing at a wall, until Tom shouted, "Hitting the Demon might help!" Jon came to grips with reality and charged the demon, shouting, "This'll teach you to make me look stupid!" The other three sweatdropped simultaneously as Jon cut the creature into little bits.

They continued on in much the same way, Piccard on range, Dark staff lancing, Tom E.M.P.ing and Jon manically charging at anything that moved.

Their every move being watched by the viewers downstairs. Conversation basically going either "Aren't Piccard/ Dark/ Tom very graceful when striking," or, "Isn't Jon such a twat!" The four in the holodeck spent a while on some of the later levels, and after a spider mastermind duo had fallen, Piccard popped the question, "Shall we do the last level or not?" He was greeted with (See if you can guess who says what.) "Alright Piccard." "If you wish." "Yea, I want blood!"

Piccard smiled, "Then prepare for a surprise, Computer, load level 90!" Several beeps went off, and four holograms appeared, Piccard smirked as Jon exclaimed, "Their us!" "Of course, they have the same skills as the other three, so my copy is proficient in dark abilities, energy weapons and acting a complete twat!" He aimed that last remark at Jon, and the four got into battle stances, Piccard with sword over his head, Jon with sword pointing forward, Dark with staff in front like a barricade, and Tom with rapier ready. The only sounds that could be heard were Piccard's breathing and the soft hum of Tom's rapier as both parties advanced. Swords clashed, Staffs deflected each other and rapiers fizzled as the holos tried their best to win. Jon got tired with fighting his hologram and shouted, "Computer, delete Andrews!" The hologram disappeared and he started running senselessly around and swinging at anyone who got in his way, be they real or hologram, and both parties learnt to dodge him. Holo-Piccard had the edge for a moment, but a quick disruption spell from Piccard, followed by Jon's senseless running caused Holo-Piccard to fizzle from existence. Holo-Tom was the next to go, he got caught by the edge of Dark's staff and was dissipated by the rapier that Tom stuck through him. That only left Holo-Dark, who tried to run, but Jon beat him to it. Slicing and dicing and shouting, "No escaping here you bastard!" as the hologram disappeared and the deck returned too normal.

All four lay on the holodeck's floor, Piccard had the computer create several benches, which they all crowded on and lay on. "You all fought very well, even you Jon. But I have to admit, your methods are a little unorthodox." "I just love to fight them!" Tom glanced over at him, "Either that or you just like to embarrass yourself!" The other three laughed, but they didn't realise that they were still being watched on the T.V. "Tom, can I ask you a question?" "Of course you can Piccard." "When Xerxes was trying to talk, was it you who grabbed Rogue?" Tom went bright red after hearing this and managed to mumble, "Yes." "That's out of character for you isn't it? This is the same Thomas Brown that was the other half of the Gentleman's duo with me?" "Alright, I was just curious alright, when you're sat next to a beautiful woman the opportunity seems to good to pass up!" Tom yelled at him, still red. Jon spoke up, "Yelling is also out of character for you. Did we touch a nerve?" "You're the one who stares at her chest all day!" "Another sign of a typical bloke." Dark interjected. "Besides," Tom started, still red, "If she liked me, I wouldn't hesitate to hump her on the spot!" This caused the other three to burst into laughter so hard it bought tears to their eyes.

Down in the lounge, several people were shocked at Tom's outburst. "I never knew that he was like that." The Doctor said and he noticed Rogue was now a bright red, and several people were laughing. The only ones who weren't were Xerxes and R-396. "We have entered a place of madness." Xerxes said, and he was greeted by a few beeps of confirmation. Antoine was smirking his little French head off, "So Tom likes you az well?" "At least he's discreet about it." Rogue told him. "Unlike someone else I could name." She said while turning back to the screen. Tom had calmed down now, and they were just generally chatting, until Jon came up with an interesting topic. "What about you and Amy then?" Piccard turned a shade of pink. "We're happy as we are, why?" "So you don't have any plans to give `er one then?" Piccard's eyes widened and his face went as red as his `Pyro siege'. Laughter could he heard echoing around the front room. "Not at the moment Jon, I want to wait first. Don't want to spoil it." "Oh come on, it's fun." Dark stepped in for his light side. "You only know coz you slept with a photon torpedo you stupid git!" Jon hung his head low. "Rejection is painful." Piccard's head spun round, "The torpedo rejected you?!?" "Yeah, she said that she preferred the disrupter banks on D deck to me." Tom, Piccard and Dark all glanced at each other and immediately burst out laughing. "Andrews, you need medical attention."

Downstairs, the Doctor's eye twitched, He sprang up and bounded up the stairs and barged into the holodeck, as he entered he noticed they were all looking at him as he said, "Please state the nature of the medical emergency." "Jon's a flippin basketcase, give him something!" The Doctor smiled and took a hypo-spray from his belt. He injected it into Jon's neck and he immediately collapsed. "Narcotics! That'll keep him down for a bit." "Thanks doc!" The Doctor saluted as he left the deck and they resumed talking. "Now perhaps we can have a bit of sanity here." The three started talking about various ways to get Tom and Rogue together for at least one night, and on whether or not they were being watched on the T.V. downstairs, "I doubt it." "How so Light?" "Because all you have to do is whisper the words `Medical attention' or anything along those lines and he darts in."

SHODAN meanwhile was congratulating Bio and metal on a job well done. "Even the traitors couldn't do as well as that. I don't normally complement people, but I'll make an exception." Bio stood to attention, his emerald green eyes staring coldly at SHODAN, "Thank you ma'am, I like to try my best." Metal just made a series of beeping noises, "I'll have to fit him with a voice simulation unit." SHODAN commented, "Now, you have some time off until I can come up with a new plan of attack." Bio-Piccard bowed and left with metal. "I don't know why, but I feel as if I'm being used." He told metal, to which he was told, "beep, beep, click, beep." (Me too, I feel like something's up.)

Piccard was lying on his bed whilst looking through a few old logs. He laughed at a comment he wrote about the governor several months ago after Dark was originally defeated. ". I'll get him If that fat dullard tries anything again. What is a dullard you ask? A dullard is a fat pompous ass that could be classified as a wobblebottom." Tom came in and wondered what was up. "Did I ever tell you what I said about the governor?" "No." Piccard threw the pad over and told Tom to read it. He did, and he had to suppress a laugh. "I never expected you to write anything like this." He looked back at Piccard, who had grabbed his dressing gown, and swung it over his head, forming a makeshift hood and cape and had a sneer on his face. "That's because nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" was all he managed to say before they both burst into a fit of laughter.

After they finished laughing, Tom took a peek out of the window, and beckoned Piccard to come over, "It's Anaetheron." Tom told him, "And he's with Mina!" After hearing this, Piccard hurried over and sat next to Tom. "Wish I knew what they were saying." Piccard muttered. Tom agreed as they watched the Hell Knight and the Mongoose slowly walking along. Tom turned his head. "Looks like were not the only one's spying on them." "What d'ya mean?" Tom pointed to Jon, who was behind a hedge with a pair of binoculars. He gave them a thumbs up, and Piccard and Tom both gave him the `wanker' sign. They all looked over to see the Hell Knight and the mongoose had sat on a bench with their backs to them. "I wonder what they're talking about?" Piccard said to himself, "Probably the weather." Came the response. Piccard smiled as he moved away from the window and took off his body suit and quickly slipped into his uniform. Tom turned to see Piccard doing the gold pips and green stripe. "You don't need those you know." "I just like them, they help me remember." "Remember what?" "I forgot!" Piccard joked as he put on his badge. He started to chuckle. "What's up?" "I know a way we can get Jon into a heap of trouble." "How?" "Keep watching him." Tom turned back to the window and watched and waited. Piccard smirked as he tapped his badge. "Arrowsmith to Andrews, do you read me?" He heard Jon's voice going "Shit!" as Tom watched him run back into the mansion, Anaetheron towing close behind he burst into laughter. Piccard grabbed his staff and waved it. Jon then tried to run in, but he found a force field in place. He silently cursed Piccard as he ran down the corridor.

Everyone else just did what they normally did on a Friday afternoon, Sonic and Shadow were racing, Tails was still working on the fusion cannon that Tom gave him before, Cybos, the Doctor and Dark were all discussing the finer points of life, all the girls were talking and Antoine was talking with Elias about some of Piccard's sword moves. "Ee eez zery good. Ah hate to admeet eet, but e did absolutely thrash me. I Onlee got eem once." "How?" "Ee was in ze air with ees sword pointing downwards, I just smashed mah sword into hees, and ee lost control." "He's a very good fighter, perhaps I can challenge him sometime."

Anaetheron walking in whilst dragging Jon by his ear shattered their trail of thought and conversation. Piccard and Tom followed behind him. "Do you see any of these people spying on me?" He roared, to which Jon only weakly said, "No." "Then don't let me catch you again!" Anaetheron threw him across the room and turned to Piccard, "Now I'm going for some, ahem, quality time with you know who." "Of course Anaetheron, go ahead." The demon walked out, and Piccard turned to the imprint of Jon on the wall, "Get up you're making the place look untidy." Jon was dazed when he stood up, "I'll get you two for this!" Tom looked up at him, "No you won't." Jon froze, "No I won't." he said before falling to the floor unconscious. "That's him out for the night, it's 7.30!" The Doctor said

Some time later, Piccard and Tom were back in Piccard's room, Piccard was lying on his bed, and Tom was sitting on the edge of Amy's bed. "Why'd you get him caught?" "Coz it'd be a riot." Tom laughed as Piccard synthesised another drink. "I don't think they had the cameras on for our conversation after the holodeck." "Really, why?" Piccard looked up at him. "Because the camera would have been whirring, and I would have heard it." They both laughed, and the sound of the door opening distracted them, and Rogue walked in, "Greetings Rogue." They both said in unison. "Not intruding am I?" "No, not at all." She smirked as she walked over to Tom and lightly grabbed his ass. He jumped out of shock and spun round, "What are you doing?" "What you wanted." She said as she drew him in. Piccard was wide eyed as he watched Rogue openly flirting with his best friend. She grabbed him by the crotch and led him out of the door. "I'll give you a night you'll never forget!" Tom turned to get his last glimpse of Piccard before he left. "Good luck, save some for me!" Rogue turned to him with a seductive look. "Don't worry, Amy's got you later on." She said as she closed the door after them. Piccard just closed his eyes and tried to process what just happened. At this point, Amy walked in with a shocked look on her face. "Did you just see what I saw?" "If you mean Rogue holding Tom's crotch and dragging him off for the most memorable night of his life, then yes I did." She smiled as she lay down next to Piccard, "Maybe he will get to hump her after all." "Hold up, how did you know?" Her smile got wider; "You forgot to turn the camera off after your session." Now it was Piccard's turn to smile, "I got so used to the sound of it that I didn't notice it."

He put his arms round her as she spoke again, "I'm glad that you don't want to rush things." Piccard turned red. "I know, I'm not exactly the type to rush things along. Perhaps in the future, huh?" "Oh, yes." Both were silent for some time. They heard some banging. "Bet Tom's having the time of his life in there." Piccard grumbled. "I thought you wanted to wait." "I do, but hearing others doing it is kind of torturous, if you know what I mean." She just nodded and muttered. "Mmm." Before snuggling closer to Piccard and attempting to draw him in for a kiss. "We may want to wait, but we can have fun in the meantime." Piccard said before he allowed Amy to win.

Two chapters in one day? God my wrists are knackered! I can't even think of funny remarks any more! Well, how was it? Good, Bad, erm something else?

Please review.

Piccard, grumbling like mad! /\/**