Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 39: Cyborgs in the midst and another ally for both sides! ( Chapter 40 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 39 -Cyborgs in the midst and another ally for both sides!

By: Piccard

-Laughing manically- REVIEWS!!! I FEEL LOVED AND ADORED! -ahem!- Right lets get to them in order. Magnus: I didn't know about the `rupture' technique, I'll try and include it later. Crystalstorm21: Perhaps torpedo launchers were one step to far, but you don't know what I've got planned next. Sponge: Did you only review because I know you or because you liked it? Anyway, Thanks for your reviews but as I told you before, you just spoiled the credits I was planning to put at the end by telling everyone who's from what! This one has a tiny amount of R content.

------------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Once again I have to repeat myself. Go back several parts.

Once again, it's up to the elves? Guess that means we're not up to it!

------------------------------- /\/**

Back at the mansion after another hour, Piccard was on the couch as he looked up to the clock, 12:30. "Doesn't time go slow when we fight?" He asked no-one in particular as he stood up and walked into the kitchen, going past the two hedgehogs in the middle of another `faker' argument and a certain bat trying to get Tom to bed again. As Piccard walked into the kitchen, he saw a white form closing the door with a bottle in his hand. "Afternoon Anaetheron." The hell knight looked up, and Piccard could tell that he was now a lot better than he was when Piccard helped him earlier. "Here, catch." Piccard turned, and a coke bottle found it's way into his hands. "How'd you know what I wanted?" "It was either that or Earl Grey, and sonic hasn't got any instant Earl Grey!" the Hell Knight said as he walked out. Piccard only sighed as he took off the cap and started to drink. "Who says that I only like Earl Grey tea? This stuff's great!" He said as he walked out of the kitchen and allowed himself to fall to the couch.

As Piccard sat back and started to drink, he started thinking about what just happened. `Is it just me or are the fights getting quicker and quicker? I suppose that the failsafe that Bio implemented would shorten it anyway, but it's as if there's some kind of divine being who's helping us, (Crap! I'm rumbled!) but I digress, nothing like that could happen, or could it?' Piccard continued to think things like this over for the next half an hour, and he was bought back to reality when he felt something sitting on his lap. "Hello Amy." Piccard said without even opening his eyes, resulting in one shocked hedgehog. "How'd you know it was me?" "Do you really think Antoine would sit on my lap before saying `hello'?" "Guess not!" Piccard sniggered as Amy admitted defeat and leant against him. "What're you thinking about?" "You." Piccard lied, getting a light laugh, "Can't be as your trousers are still straight!" he turned red slightly after she said this, but chose to pass it off as he continued. "I was thinking about how easily SHODAN was beaten out there, I was expecting a lot harder than that, but I suppose the magic blocker was enough for her." "We'll beat her." "We have to find her first," Piccard said, "It's never the obvious place where they are, it's always the one they least expect you to find them in." Just then they heard the door opening, and saw the Doctor walk towards the replicator, he pressed a few buttons and a hypo-spray came out. "After Mina used my aphrodisiac yesterday, I had to make a fresh dosage." "Sure that's wise, I mean, what if she finds it again?" The Doctor chuckled slightly as he put it in his pocket. "I just finished speaking to her, trust me, she's not so keen to try that again!"

Around an hour later, SHODAN was just closing the channel with the outpost as her avatar walked in with a slightly worried look on her face. "SHODAN, bad news." "You're telling me! These irritants won't leave me alone!" "Not them," The avatar shouted as she pressed buttons on a monitor, and a ship appeared, "That!" SHODAN looked on the screen, and had to focus to see it. It was a dark black with green parts, cube shaped and on a direct course for them. "What is that?" "I don't know they're name, but according to old federation records, we might want to get out of their way." "Nonsense, these irritants will be wiped out as well!" SHODAN said as one of the wires from her head connected to a console and accessed weapons systems. "SHODAN don't do this!" the avatar warned, but SHODAN wouldn't listen and activated the disrupter banks at the front of the station, sending several bright green bolts across space towards the ship, which impacted hard on it's left side. "Too hard eh?" "Watch out!" SHODAN looked again and noticed that it had changed course towards them, "Irritants!" she shouted as she fired another volley, but to her shock, they just seemed to fizzle out against some kind of barrier. "Told you," SHODAN looked towards the avatar, "They can adapt to weapons frequencies and nullify the effects completely." This got a groan as the station took a direct hit from some kind of cutting beam. "Hull breach on deck 13, we lost shields on that section." Then they heard a voice, "Intruder alert, sixteen humanoids on deck 13, subsection 4." "If I were you," the avatar started, "I'd evacuate!" SHODAN pouted, "Fine transport everyone to the following co-ordinates, may look like empty space, but trust me, it's not!"

Down on the planet, Bio was suddenly alerted by some kind of phenomenon that triggered his senses, and he actually looked slightly worried as he felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Piccard. "You alright?" "I'm fine," Bio stated, "Just thought I sensed something, like a great force was on it's way." Then they heard a different voice and turned to see D'sparil sitting next to Bio, "Well none of us sensed anything." "That's because this signal that I'm getting is not from SHODAN!" This got their attention as Piccard and D'sparil leaned in closer. "Are you sure?" "Positive, I'm getting a completely different signal and have a very worrisome feeling that we won't be able to counter whatever's causing it." Piccard only laughed it off, "I've dealt with things that humanity has never even dreamt of." Piccard said, and then D'sparil joined in, "And I am the thing that humanity never dreamt of." "If you say so, you're both crazy!" Bio said as he made his way over to the replicator and tapped out a coke. "I just can't be bothered to walk to the kitchen." He said as he took a big swig, and saw D'sparil sweatdropping as he just pulled out his staff (NOT innuendo!) and started polishing it, again. "D, is that all you do?" "I told you before B.P. that I always do this to keep it nice." Bio just shook his head as he and Piccard walked out, with Bio thinking, `time consuming's what I'd call it!'

Before long, they reached the holodeck, and saw that they were interrupting the Doctor's voyager program. "Ah guys, welcome!" the doc said as Bio and Piccard looked around the mess hall, "What's the occasion?" "It's the day we got back to the alpha quadrant!" Bio smiled as he picked up a nearby glass, "I'll drink to that!" he said as he downed the contents in one and as soon as he put it down, an angry drone confronted him. "Excuse me but that was mine." "So sorry, never happen again." Bio said as he turned and hid behind Piccard, "She'll kill me!" "No she won't, will you seven?" She growled at the E.M.H. as she looked at the cowering Bio. "I won't this time." She simply said as she walked off and into the crowd, leaving Bio time to sigh as he pulled himself up and stood by Piccard. "Why do women hate me?" "You'll find one Bio." Piccard said as he sat down near to an unhappy Vulcan. "What's wrong commander?" He looked up and stared Piccard in the eye. "I have this feeling that all that we are experiencing here is illogical to the highest degree." Piccard just smiled as Tuvok continued, "Indeed, I have the feeling that none of this exists." Piccard looked up after hearing this and noticed that Bio and the doc were also looking at him. "Tuvok, can you come with me?" Piccard said as the Vulcan and the other three went into the empty corridor and Piccard pulled something from his pocket. "This is only a trial model that I spent my free time on." Tuvok raised an eyebrow, "It appears to be a mobile emitter, similar to the doctor's." "Very astute!" Bio said with a voice that just dripped sarcasm as Piccard continued. "You see, none of this is real, you were right about that, but we can make you real." "How?" "You see," Piccard held his hand out, "At present, you are a hologram, but with this, we can show you life today." There was silence for minutes before Tuvok finally said, "Very well, show me." Piccard smiled as he put the device on the Vulcan's arm and said. "Computer, transfer Lt. Cmndr. Tuvok to mobile emitter #2!" there was a brief fizzle, and when it was over, the Doctor said, "Computer, end program." Now the room fizzled, and as the program vanished, they noticed Tuvok still there. "It worked!" Piccard shouted in glee as Tuvok looked on in shock. "Before we carry on, what year is it?" The doctor turned slightly, "Remember we reached Earth in the early 24th century?" Tuvok nodded, "Well, it's 2984!"

Several minutes later, Tuvok opened his eyes and found that he was still in the holodeck with the Doctor waving his arm in front of his face, "I've had 600 years and I still can't treat holograms!" He said with plenty of self-loathing as the security officer lifted himself up and moved towards the door, and as it opened he raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure this is the 30th century then?" "The planet we're on is similar to 20th century Earth." "Interesting." Tuvok said as they made their way downstairs, and Tuvok give his first glimpse of an anthropomorph, in the form of Amy Rose. "I assume you're not familiar with this species. Amy, this is Lt. Cmndr. Tuvok, a Vulcan, and security chief on the Voyager A. Tuvok, this is Amy Rose, an anthropomorphic hedgehog that's Piccard's girlfriend." Tuvok kept his smile level as he hook her hand, and Tuvok was promptly introduced to the other members of the mansion.

Around an hour later, Tuvok was lying on the couch with the Doctor whilst going over some pads he found lying around. "It is indeed an intriguing planet you have discovered here, but what quadrant are we in." "That's the thing," the Doc started, "I think we're in a different dimension." This got his attention, "An extremely illogical statement." "I know, but could you imagine this in the alpha quadrant?" "Perhaps not, but are you working on a way home?" This caused the Doctor to face-fault as he looked Tuvok in the eye, "This is our home, all the fleet officers have lives here, and we'll need your expertises to help us against our enemies." "And who are they then?" The Doctor then spent the next half hour explaining everything that happened in the Arrowsmith timeline and the involvement of himself and the others throughout the whole SHODAN ordeal that was taking place. Tuvok seemed to comprehend as Piccard came running through and started flying after colliding with the couch and flying face first into a wall. "Like I say, It can be mad here." "I thought only Jon could do that!" Piccard said as he tended to his nose and turned to the others. "Sorry to run like that, but I wondered if Tuvok would like to join the alliance, I mean we like having Starfleet members." "If it means finding out the logic behind the situation, I'm in." Piccard wondered why he gave in so easily and decided to shake it off by having a few rounds of target practice in the holodeck.

Meanwhile in an outpost on the far side of the planet, close to where knothole used to stand, there was an outpost, but not occupied by demons or cyborgs or any other form of monstrosity. The place was being run by humans, and one of them was walking into the command centre with a pad in her hand. "Here's the report sir." A swivel chair span and a fat man came into view, "Let's see, we lost contact with SHODAN, a cube was spotted in the region, where's the good news?" "Below it sir." He looked down and his eyes lit up. "Defences and shields are up, what are the technicians working on now?" "Transporters sir, as you ordered." Laughter echoed around the room as the technician left and a man walked in. "Commander Neil Carter reporting for duty sir." The figure in the chair stood up. "Ah Neil, you were the best that we had on the Poledes when it came to troop training, now I want to know something, can you do the same here?" "Well we got most of the weapons sir, but not power, so it might take a couple of days to charge them all." "Get started." As Neil left, the man looked down at the remains of a picture on his desk, but was covered in kinds of slashes and holes, and as soon as he saw it, he growled. "I'll get you yet freak!"

Back at the mansion, Cybos and R-396 (Haven't heard from them in a while) were both enjoying time alone in an area of the holodeck opposite where Piccard was training, as when he walked in, she was about to remove her bodysuit, and Piccard's appearance stopped her, until he walked into the training area and she and Cybos went into a different area. "What do you want me to do?" "The same as you did before." She said as she took a hold of his launcher and pressed some buttons until it detached, and after it was completely off, she moved the now free hand down between her legs. He got the gist of what she wanted and inserted a rather large finger and beginnig the same thing he did before, getting lots of moans from the assassin as she reached down and started rubbing his sheath, starting him off as his, ahem, tower of Babel (So what? I like pseudonyms!) came into view and she wrapped her hand around it, and then she started him off in basically what was a race to see who would blow first.

After a couple of minutes, Cybos felt himself coming close, so he tried a last minute desperation move. Ha accessed his database, and started up the rapid fire program, but since there was no launcher, it would make the arm move back and forward violently, and it had the desired effect as it did what Cybos wanted. After doing this, she couldn't hold it in, and clamped down around his finger as she released, and her hand started moving just that bit faster, using what little energy her processors had left to get him over the edge as well, and it didn't take much, as after a couple of seconds, he roared as he released, and after this, they were both panting wrecks on the floor as they both embraced and off lined while still in each other's arms.

Suddenly, there was a bang, and Piccard shot out of the holodeck and into his room, grabbing his shotgun from the dresser as he ran downstairs and shot out of the door to where Dark, Bio, Tom and Jon were already standing and firing bullet weapons. "What's going on?" But before anyone could answer, a giant booming voice was heard. "WE ARE THE BORG, LOWER YOUR SHIELD AND SURRENDER YOURSELVES, WE WILL ADD YOU BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVNESS TO OUR OWN, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!" Piccard's eyes widened as drones started to materialise in front of the barrier and started moving slowly towards them. "They can't adapt to bullets!" Piccard shouted as he fired a round from his shotgun and ran behind a nearby car, ducking as he reloaded. As he came back up, he heard a cry and saw Jon in the hold of a Borg, who was just about to bring his knuckles to Jon's neck. (Doesn't sound like much, but if you know what the Borg do . . .) Piccard took careful aim and fired, downing the drone and saving Jon's life. Jon just nodded as he ran towards where Dark was hiding and drew his rifle. "Dodge this!" Jon shouted as he set it to armour-piercing and started firing like there was no tomorrow. After this, Piccard tapped his badge, "Piccard to the Doctor, we need an Anti-borg attack pattern right about now." "One coming up! Computer, Anti-borg attack pattern Randoma 001!" After saying this, all of the launchers on the side of the mansion, be they phaser or torpedo, started firing at random targets, and pretty soon, the ranks were decimated to around ten as Piccard stepped forward with his shotgun now on the burst setting. "To quote commander Worf: Assimilate this!" he said as he shot in a wide arc, killing nine of the drones, but the tenth managed to get up, and in doing so was hit be a torpedo.

After this, Piccard went over to where the others were hiding and helped them up.

"Something's wrong, they should've been harder than that!" Piccard said as they made their way into the mansion while Piccard, Jon and Tom dealt with autographs. After these three came back in, they noticed Tuvok just coming down from the window and he put his hands behind his back. `If I remember right, the doctor said that Tuvok did that when he was in a good mood.' Piccard thought as the Vulcan spoke. "I am impressed at the way you handled yourselves out there, I have never known of such a small group of individuals that can counter Borg attacks, you are indeed capable fighters."

He finished as he walked over to the Doctor and Piccard sat down, but almost instantly had Amy around his neck. "I don't get it," she started, "Why are these borg so deadly?"

Now I like ending on a question, as it gives me a point to start from next time. I won't go on, because I have an awkward keyboard and my wrists killing me! Anyway, how was it? Good, Bad, interesting as being taught politics by Kilroy? (No reference) Please review! EXTRA: My friend `sponge' has just uploaded a sonic story, it's a fantasy and it's called something along the lines of `Trapped in a fantasy' (I can't remember the exact title!) check it out if you like, I know I will!

Piccard, logging out! /\/**