Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 40: How Piccard came to the Lebanon and more training, Warcraft 3 style! ( Chapter 41 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 40 - How Piccard came to the Lebanon and more training, Warcraft 3 style!

By: Piccard

I suppose that title is a bit crap! But it's worth it, as it does basically give it away. Erm, why am I still babbling on? Here comes chapter 40, and a word of advice when reading this fic, never suspect the most likely subject!

------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Must I? See a previous chapter!

In Lightbringer's name? Is he against me as well?!?

------------------------- /\/**

"Something's wrong, they should've been harder than that!" Piccard said as they made their way into the mansion while Piccard, Jon and Tom dealt with autographs. After these three came back in, they noticed Tuvok just coming down from the window and he put his hands behind his back. `If I remember right, the doctor said that Tuvok did that when he was in a good mood.' Piccard thought as the Vulcan spoke. "I am impressed at the way you handled yourselves out there, I have never known of such a small group of individuals that can counter Borg attacks, you are indeed capable fighters."

He finished as he walked over to the Doctor and Piccard sat down, but almost instantly had Amy around his neck. "I don't get it," she started, "Why are these borg so deadly?"

Piccard leant back as he shut his eyes. "I'll do more than that, I'll give you a little history lesson, and this also explains how I came to serve on the Lebanon." "Is this time for a flashback?" Piccard looked over and opened his eyes slightly, "You know it Dark!"

/\/** Flashback, Piccard's POV /\/**

It was the year 2977, and the USS Voyager R was exploring the border of the gamma/ delta quadrant. We had received word of increased Borg activity in the region and as we had the most advanced ship, we were sent out.

I was on the bridge as we came out of warp, and as soon as we entered standard orbit, we were hit by some kind of cutting beam. "Commander Arrowsmith to engineering, report." I didn't get a response, and as I started to stand up, I heard beeping behind me and heard the technician behind saying, "Hull breach on decks 5 through 17!" "How the hell?" I heard the captain say as he hammered his communicator and started yelling. "Captain Williams to all hands, prepare to engage the Borg!" "Sir," I started, looking at my panel, "we lost shield's on those decks and I'm reading hundreds of Borg signatures appearing in those sections."

The captain growled as we heard the turbolift doors opening and the Doctor walked in. "Can someone tell me what's going on?" "Borg problem Doc," I started as I went to the compartment beneath my chair and pulled out a phase compression rifle, (Think Elite Force!) "Nothing we can't handle." "Might want to reconsider." We all turned to the technician, "They've introduced some kind of assimilation virus into the life support systems, and all decks except the bridge and decks 2 and 3 are affected." "Biological warfare!" the captain said, "Never expected the borg to use things like that!" "Captain, we've lost the ship already!" the technician whined, "The virus has been unleashed on deck 3!"

The captain decided to take action. "Computer, this is Captain Philip Williams, activate auto-destruct sequence, authorisation Williams Alpha 3!" I looked towards the view screen. "Computer, this is Commander Piccard Arrowsmith, activate auto-destruct sequence, authorisation Arrowsmith Beta 11!" We then turned as we heard the technician's voice, "Computer, this is Lt. Cmndr. Reginald Lightfoot, activate auto-destruct sequence, authorisation Lightfoot Gamma 61!" Now it was down to the captain. "Computer activate auto-destruct sequence, authorisation Williams Omega 001, Time limit 1 minute silent countdown." He paused and observed the looks on our faces as he said, "Activate!"

Various escape pod hatches opened, and me and the Doctor climbed into one. We managed to see that the captain made it into another, but then we saw him shut the door, and wondering why we looked out, and I personally felt traumatised by what I saw. Reginald was in the middle of the bridge, and was clutching his head and chest in agony as various black pulses started shooting through his body. Then, without any provocation, machinery parts started to shoot out of his body, and he collapsed into a coughing heap as tubes started appearing on him and the pods ejected.

We found ourselves in space when the ship exploded, and tapped in a course for the nearest ship, which was the USS Lebanon, and just before we went into warp, we saw the captain's pod shoot off, but get pulled into a vortex as we suddenly went to warp. It took us around a month to get to the USS Lebanon, and everything that happened after that is a story for another time!

/\/** End flashback, Reader's POV /\/**

Piccard opened his eyes and observed the faces of those around him, "I know how sick you probably feel thinking about how it feels to have mechanical parts coursing throughout your body." "Ahem, it's not that bad." Piccard turned, "Sorry Metal, but I mean after being organic your whole life to have mechanical devices throughout your entire body." They heard some coughing and turned to see Dark, "I imagine that we'll defeat them before they can attempt anything," "Hmm," Piccard interrupted, "I do too, but Do not get to close, and don't use energy weapons either, they can adapt and nullify the effects to virtually nothingness." "I know, but as you said, they can't adapt to bullets!" Piccard started to laugh, "Correct, personally Bio I think I'd find it hard to adapt to a bullet in the gut."

Meanwhile in an area of space, SHODAN was in a COM link to the planet. "So now the borg are in the picture?" The man on the screen laughed, "Of course SHODAN, it's as we thought, and the Borg sensed the powerful energy from the freak and want to add him to the collective. If federation training has taught me anything it's never underestimate the enemy, no matter how weak you can make them!" SHODAN only shook her head as she turned off the link and turned to the avatar, "report." "We lost 5% of our forces to the Borg's assimilation, and the station's been taken over with their hideous cybernetic devices." After saying this, she noticed the glare that she was getting from SHODAN and quickly reformed her words. "What I mean is their imperfect systems!" "You know," SHODAN started, "I don't care what you think about cybernetics, but I will say this, you better get used to it!" the avatar groaned as she walked out and down the corridor to an office. She pressed a few buttons and the doors slid open. "Just as it was all that time ago." She said to herself as she flicked through the files until she found the one she wanted. "Might as well get him on." She said to herself as she pressed the COM buttons, and almost immediately the screen flickered to life and a hideous face appeared. "How can I, hey you're not SHODAN!" "No, I'm her shadow avatar, and I want you to prepare to invade, there is a force that has come to destroy everything on that planet and everything around it!" That was all she needed to say as the boss brain turned and started shouting to the lower orders as the screen disengaged. "Well that will make him move!" the avatar thought as she walked out and into the lift. "Med-sci." she said and the list started moving. "It's good to be back, after all, it's been 800 years!" she said to no one in particular.

Roughly and hour after this, Piccard and Dark were in the holodeck, both with staffs charged and primed as Piccard spoke. "A summoning match?" Dark grinned as he added, "Warcraft style!" Piccard smirked as he swung his staff and created a group of trolls, "Let's start wit the basics." "Fair enough." Dark countered as he swung his staff and summoned an elemental. "One on four? I ought to be shocked, but I know the power of your elementals!" Piccard shouted as his trolls advanced, and were almost immediately wiped out. "How'd you like that?" "Looks like I'll have to bring out the heavy artillery." Piccard said as the dead bodies dispersed into particles and re-entered his body. He only smiled as he swung his staff, and Dark's elemental was immediately wiped out by the blue dragon that just appeared. "Impressive light." Dark called as he waved his own staff and summoned a black dragon. "Let them deal with each other." Piccard said as he waved his staff again, "Lets call on the faction's" "I'm orc!" Dark shouted as he also waved his staff. "Then I'm human," Piccard, told him as an entire force mobilised in front of him. "Let's see: Footmen, Riflemen, Priests, Knights, Sorceresses, Mortar teams and Gryphons riders. I'm ready!" Piccard shouted as Dark finished. "My check: Grunts, Head hunters, Tauren, Kodo beasts, Raiders, Wyverns, Shamans and Witchdoctors, I'm ready!" "Then lets get it on!" Piccard shouted as a battle cry went up while the humans charged. "Forward!" Dark yelled, getting a roar from the orcs as they charged forward and various clangs and shouts could be heard as the different forces collided.

Downstairs, everyone else was watching this with interest as Piccard and Dark were casting spells like mad to keep their forces on top. "What is the point of this?" Elias asked, "It allows them to test their magic to the extreme," Tom started, "If you can control an entire army of summoned creatures and cast spells at the same time, them you are indeed a very talented magician." "Well Zen, why aren't you een there?" He turned, "good point, I'll show em whose boss, but I'll wait until they tire before I unleash my team." Tom said as he walked out. "Wonder what he'll plan." Jon said.

They had to wait for around another fifteen minutes before both Piccard's were starting to tire, and around half of their forces had been taken down. As they were both helping their priests and shamans to focus magic, they heard an almighty cry from a group of trees and a large red demon burst through, followed by several spider-like creatures. "The undead, defend yourselves!" Dark yelled, and Piccard joined in, "They must've followed us from Lordaeron!" he shouted as their forces stopped and tried to take out the undead ranks with Piccard and Dark sticking to Warcraft's spells so as not to cause confusion. "Entangling roots!" Dark yelled as several roots shot up from the ground and wrapped themselves around one of the spiders feet, firmly rooting it to the spot as Piccard's hands glowed a bright blue, "Frost Nova!" Piccard shouted, and a large chunk of ice appeared out of nowhere and engulfed the demon, but didn't appear to phase it as he just ran forward and started battering Piccard's human army, and Piccard diverted all his remaining magic to healing and Dark used his to power up, but to no avail as the human forces fell like hay before the demon, who merely ran towards Dark's orcs as a group of necromancers appeared and started raising Piccard's humans from the dead as skeletons.

After another minute, it was just the two Piccard's left to tackle the undead forces. But just as they were about to charge, they heard laughing and a familiar figure walked out. "Nice to see I can use my magic to!" Both Piccard's stared in shock. "TOM!" "That's me, for once on top." He laughed as the undead forces dematerialised and the energy flew back into Tom, and the energy of the dead flew back to the Piccard's as they all sat on a grassy hill. "So what is this place?" "According to the game Tom, this is a forest known as Ashenvale, and it took me ages to create." Just then they heard the door open and a figure walked in, and Dark screamed, "Bloody hell, a night elf!" before diving behind Tom. "Your presumption is illogical." "Calm down Tuvok, I'm sure that he was joking." Piccard tried to reason as Dark got up and sat down again, "Sorry, but I just needed a way to entertain myself after that defeat."

Piccard laughed as he watched his dark side trying to deal with the Vulcan, and Piccard turned to Tom. "I thought you weren't that fond of Warcraft." "I wasn't but I read your old manual, and thought I'd give it a try." "Well I kind of thought that," Piccard started, but then remembered the demon, "But it doesn't mention anything about Tichondrius in the manual," "Well I checked your old logs that contained Warcraft content, and I think I got the story line."

(I would like to point out at this point that I am in no way trying to advertise this product by writing about it like this, but I like Warcraft games and I can't be bothered, (I mean arsed!), to wait until my next fic before starting the odd round of war3-orientated combat!)

Piccard stood up and moved over to the door. "End program." As it fizzled out, the group left the deck and Piccard went into his own room and glanced at the clock, 7:58. "God it's dark early, guess seasons aren't the same as on Earth." Piccard said to himself as he took off his uniform and slipped on his dressing gown and boxers and went into the bathroom. "Guess I need a soak, magic takes a lot out of you!" he said as he turned on the water and sat on the edge. "Life has many twists and turns," he started saying to no one in particular, "ten years ago I was revived from stasis, four years ago I'm the second in command of a starship, and last year I was regarded a freak by those big-wig ponces on the station, but now I am free!" These thoughts continued to run through his head as the bath slowly filled, and he finally noticed it as it lapped against his right hand, which was dangling into the tub. "Well, better put those out of my mind for now and carry on with this." He said again, before turning towards the reader, (YES! That's you!), "I know, I talk to myself a lot, but as I say in real life, it's the only way I'm sure of sensible conversation."

The other three emerged downstairs and found themselves coming into a conversation about the match. "Dark, how did you summon so many creatures?" "It took a while to focus my energy, but I eventually managed to create life forms, but in places where energy can't be conserved, I don't like to!" Dark sat down and started listening to the conversation concerning how jon and Rogue were getting on, and on how far Dark and Tikal might go, but as soon as this conversation started, the two in question went extremely red and Dark felt a hand on his shoulder. "Where's Piccard?" "In the bath, why?" Suddenly, a similar plan entered Amy's head as she experienced the other week, and decided to say, "Think I'll go and see if he needs anything," Before leaving, realising that she could have phrased it better.

As she left, conversations continued and the topics varied around the room. Anaetheron and the Doctor were both recounting the incident with Rogue's cooking to a less than impressed Tuvok, "It was what I'd call an experiment gone wrong, but as I'm a Hell Knight I heal quicker than the average person." "Let's hope it was nothing trivial!" Tuvok said as he stretched out. "Anything else here I missed out on, logical or otherwise?" "There was Piccard's 18th birthday party." The Vulcan then had to sit through the Hell Knight and E.M.H. recounted the whole evening to them, and across the room there were two similar conversations taking place, mainly about how far Cybos and R-396 had gone, which just resulted in two red cyborgs who admitted to not going all the way, but having, ahem, experimented with each other. Dark and Tikal were also a hot topic, but they admitted that they hadn't done anything other than kissing, and Dark had to deny allegations from Jon as to what they did when Tikal shared Dark's room for several nights in a row. Cram and Tails were quietly conversing with each other in their own little world, and had to endure the mocking from Sonic and Shadow, who did all the kissing noises and what not. Tails only grinned as he reached down and pulled out his, now rather small, fusion cannon. Sonic and Shadow took one look and dashed off like bullets while Tails laughed and went back to his talking. Across the room, Bio was talking with D'sparil about how their lives were going at the present, and Bio's general disdain with not having any fans. "Cheer up, I'm used to it." "Well of course, you've been pure evil for well over six millennia!" Bio told him. "Wasn't my fault," D'sparil protested, "If Jar'din Arrowsmith hadn't killed me than I might have changed beforehand, hey I wonder is Piccard has any material on him." "Speaking of Piccard,"" Bio began, "Wonder what he and Amy are doing right now."

Piccard meanwhile had cleverly bundled a towel on the corner of the bath, which acted as a makeshift pillow, and he was just relaxing as he started to think. "I keep getting this feeling that the fight's gonna get a whole lot harder, and now the Borg have entered the fray, but I get the feeling that there's gonna be more." Whilst thinking to himself, he once again failed to notice the door opening and someone (you know who it is, this just helps suspense!) walked in and stripped down to nothing. Piccard didn't notice as he remained deep in thought. "I keep having the strange feeling that a bane of my life's gonna reappear, but isn't he dead? He couldn't have survived the assault, or the explosion." And it wasn't until he heard splashing that he noticed that someone was in the room with him. He opened one eye, "Hello Amy."

Right, I know that this chapter's probably one of my shortest yet, but I wanted a chapter without any R-material at all! (SHOCK HORROR!) In fact, my reviewer and friend Sponge mentioned, `There's SO much sex' but as I told him, that's not necessarily a bad thing, and this will allow you to guess how the next one's gonna start! Anyway, how was it? Good, Bad, as interesting as Captain Picard (THE ONE WITH ONE `C'!) drinking Earl Grey? Please review!

Piccard, signing out! /\/**