Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 62: Lights only weakness and fun at the beach! ( Chapter 63 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 62: Lights only weakness and fun at the beach!

By: Piccard

This is gonna be heard for me to write as I'm the indoor type of person, if you know what I mean. Someone (Sponge) mentioned that he wanted somewhere different, well for all of you who feel the same, I'll give it a go, here's chapter 62.

Dark: We hope you all had a decent Halloween, we know Light did.

(That's right, I stayed in playing Dungeon Keeper 2 into the early hours!)

:Groans can be heard all round:

(Oh come on, ingrates!)

---------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Was somewhere back there!

For victory? You wouldn't last five minutes with me! (Oo-er!)

---------------------------- /\/**

Down on the planet, everyone looked up to see a multicoloured light above the ARK, and as soon as it started flashing, a large column on energy pierced the hull, and explosions could be seen reigning over and throughout as the station finally exploded with a massive bang and as the explosion vanished, they swore they could see a figure falling, and Dark adjusted his helmet to see. "Well I never, he actually survived." Amy looked up and managed to get his attention. "Survived what?" "That cloud was the armageddon strike, Light's most powerful technique, but he avoided it as he heard it killed the caster via vaporisation." As they started to run towards the falling marine in the distance, Dark finished his tale, "He isn't dead, I can tell that much, but he is seriously drained!"

The group continued running, and after several minutes stopped at a beach. "What is this place?" Dark asked, and actually started to smile as he heard a voice somewhere behind him saying, "The emerald coast." But his smile faded as he looked on and saw Piccard much more clearly, but falling towards the ocean. "Oh god!" Dark screamed as he ran forward, but stopped just in front of the water. "Damn, he can't swim!" He yelled as the others joined him. "So why not go and get him?" "I can't swim either D'sparil." Dark muttered, but then his eyes shot open as a green blur flew past and as it dived shouted, "But I can!" "Bio!" But it was too late, the genetic marine flew under the water with a loud splash and everyone started laughing as Dark got drenched. "Fantastic!" He muttered as he took off his helmet and started cleaning the visor. From his fall, Piccard opened his eyes slightly and looked down at the expanse of blue below him. "F***ing typical!" He muttered, "I nearly nuke myself saving the planet and now I met a watery doom. Fan-smegging-tastic!" Suddenly, he noticed how close he was and shut his eyes tight as he heard an almighty splash. Slowly opening one eye he saw a familiar figure in armour. "Bio?" He thought, and then everything went black.

Several minutes passed, and with each, the others on the shore started to worry. "Where are they?" Amy yelled, but felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see Rogue. "They'll be fine." "We can but hope." Jon muttered whilst listening in, and he turned back to Dark. "How come Bio can swim and you three can't?" "Beats the heck out of us." Both Dark and Chaos said in unison, confusing Jon slightly, but before he could say anything, they noticed Tom pointing at the surface. "Heads up," He called, and the others looked to see Bio emerging from the water with an unconscious Piccard in his arms. As Bio walked up the beach, he laid Piccard down on the sand and pulled off his helmet, "He's never looked that bad before." Dark commented, and the others had to agree. Piccard's face was nearly white. There were cracks and holes all over his armour and rips up both trouser legs. "Why'd he do it?" Amy muttered, and Chaos looked up, "Armageddon strike the only real destructive move that Piccard has. I hardly think Pyro siege would've bought down a whole station." He started smirking, "Besides, it'll take more than that to bring him down!" "I know," The doctor started as he scanned Piccard, "But I wish he wouldn't throw himself into these things and then nuke everything when he's done."

Up in space, SHODAN had watched the destruction of the ARK on her monitors and was also sighing, but for a different reason. "Come on Piccard," She started as she tapped buttons, "why do you have to destroy all the places I want to conquer?" "He won't just let you take them you know." SHODAN span to see her avatar in the doorway, "Piccard's duty is to protect them by any means possible, and is that means destroying a place, I'm sure he'd do that." "Bah!" The two span to see the armoured figure in the doorway, "You waste your time, the freak is nothing more than a nuisance!" He shouted as he walked over and started looking over his rifle. "May I remind you," He looked up to see SHODAN glaring, "I didn't get you here just to have you talk to me like that. I'm in command, not you," she aimed a punch and floored him in one, "And you'd do well to remember that." She expected him to whimper, but he just smiled, "If I am going to be led by a woman, I was hoping she'd be strong!" SHODAN and the avatar both groaned as they turned back to their work, and the man in armour walked back out and started off to the training section, having to run from a few revenants and hybrids that thought he was a spy.

Roughly half an hour later back at the beach, many of the group had popped back to the mansion for something more, (what's the word), comfortable to wear on the beach, and when questioned by the Doctor, they all gave the excuse, "We're making the most of it." He sighed as he and Tuvok watched many of the just settling down to have a bit of fun, which seemed to be hard at the moment, as the whole thing from Piccard falling to his current state had seemed to attract quite a crowd. "Let him have some air!" Bio screamed as way too many people got too close, and they watched as the Doctor injected something into Piccard's neck, and suddenly the colour started to return to Piccard's cheeks. Slowly he opened his eyes, and groaned as he reached up to rub his eyes. "Where am I?" "Emerald coast, you fell into the ocean." At hearing this, Piccard's eyes flew open and he started to look himself over. "Thank god." "Anything you want to tell us?" Piccard closed his eyes as he started speaking. "Every Arrowsmith has an elemental weakness that they're born with. Mine is water. If I have prolonged contact after using a powerful spell like the Armageddon strike, then it can actually eat away at my magic energy." The crowd parted as Piccard managed to stand, using the Doctor for support, and they soon parted. "Doc, why are the others trying to have fun?" "Well," The doctor started as he watched Sonic and Shadow running along the beach, and sending sand flying at an ungrateful Tails and Cream. "They thought we could use the time to have a bit of fun." Piccard groaned as he lay back. "As much as I like the idea, I haven't got anything to wear." "Aren't you forgetting your magic?" Piccard looked up to see Dark, clad in just a pair of black shorts. "I have enough power for one more spell, might as well use it." Piccard muttered as he started glowing a bright blue, then there was a blinding flash, and as the glow subsided, Piccard now stood in a pair of plain blue shorts.

"As long as I stay away from the water I'll be fine." Piccard said as he noticed the Doctor tapping things into his emitter. "Gonna join us doc?" "Of course." He said, and there was a brief fizzle as his outfit changed, and Piccard and Dark had to suppress a laugh at how pathetic he looked without a uniform. "Doc, did it ever occur to you to buff yourself up?" He looked down and pressed a button, changing his torso into one that put both Dark and Light to shame. "I hate it when you do that Doc." "Calm down Dark." Piccard said, "We're still alright, he won't hog all the attention." As if to spite them, a group of girls came running up to the doctor, and Piccard and Dark just stared wide eyed. "I did NOT just see that." "Come on Light." Dark said as he grabbed the hem of Light's shorts and started dragging him, "Let's find the others."

It didn't take them long to find Xerxes, Cybos and R-396. They were all in their usual gear at the top of the beach, staying as far away from the water as possible. "You know you can have fun." "We could," Xerxes started, "But I don't want to get too close to the water, and these two seem happy with each other." He gestured over his shoulder and the two marines saw the cyborgs having a bit of fun with each other. "Tongue wrestling, who's the champ?" Dark said, but got no response. "Fine." He muttered as they carried on walking and Xerxes got up and started to follow, managing to get their attention by somehow leaping forwards and scaring the hell out of them by slamming into the ground behind them. "Don't do that X!" Light shouted as he tried to catch his breath, "I nearly crapped myself!" Dark yelled, and both Light and Xerxes started laughing as the three carried on walking.

It didn't take them long to find Bio, he was swimming in the ocean nearby, and as Piccard and Xerxes wouldn't go near the edge, Dark ran over and waded in up to his knees before he was able to get the genetic marines attention and he swam over. "What kept you all." He said as he tried to splash Dark, but missed, hitting Xerxes instead and royally pissing him off. "That could have fired me!" "Sorry X," Bio said, a smile still over his face. "I've had an interesting day, bringing down the Borg, and saving Light's life. Go me." "About that," Light began, "I have to thank you for that." "Well do it in due time, there's no rush." Bio said as he swam off and joined up with Anaetheron, who was amazing a group of kids with his own skills.

Tuvok was the next person they found, lying down on the sand actually looking like he was sunbathing in his uniform. "Tuvok, are you having fun?" Dark sneered, but the Vulcan just raised an eyebrow. "There is no fun in just sitting around and getting a tan." "I know, you should do more." Dark started as he sent Bio a psionic message. "What do you propose I do?" Suddenly a pair of hands grabbed Tuvok's legs and dragged him forwards. "Go for a swim!" Dark yelled as the Vulcan called out in shock as to the temperature of the water. After a minute he rose up, his uniform completely drenched and he had one of his death glares aimed at Bio. Suddenly before anyone could do anything, Tuvok pulled off his com badge and threw it to Piccard, before turning back to Bio and surprising everyone in the sense that he had a smile on his face, "Get back here!" Tuvok yelled as he started swimming after him. Piccard, Dark and Xerxes were in hysterics at this, with Dark pausing to shout, "We finally cracked him!" before they finally lost it.

Further up the beach, Amy looked up from where she had been lazing to see Piccard, Dark and Xerxes rolling around in laughter. "Piccard's awake!" She shouted as she leapt up and started over, leaving Rogue and Tikal in her dust as they looked up and started walking over themselves. As Amy ran forward, she dived and wrapped her arms around Piccard's neck. "You're alright!" She shouted, Piccard turned to her and managed to hold a smile. "It's the last time I try that." He managed to say before bursting into laughter again. "What's so funny?" The three looked to see Rogue and Tikal approaching, and Piccard pointed to the water. "Look at Tuvok!" He shouted, and as the girls did, they all burst out laughing as well, for Anaetheron was playing as referee in the water fight that seemed to have broken out between Tuvok and Bio, none of them able to keep a straight face as Tuvok pushed Bio's head under and dived on top, missing him completely and sending a wave at the shore, drenching the others, who were too busy laughing at him to notice.

Overhearing their laughter, Chaos walked over with the now liberated doctor, who had many lipstick smudges over his face, and couldn't stop muttering, "I love this beach!" As Chaos dragged him over to the others. "Having fun guys?" "We were." A voice said, and Chaos saw Tuvok coming out of the water with a smile on his face. "Tuvok?" "Yes doctor," The Vulcan started, trying to readopt his famous non caring stance (Crossed arms behind his back) But he couldn't get rid of the smile, "I have found the logic in having fun and enjoying one's self." He said as calmly as he could, but then burst out laughing as he saw all the smudges on the doctors face. "And I see you had fun as well!" The Doc nearly went as red as the lipstick as the others laughed at his embarrassed expression.

At that point, D'sparil walked up, still keeping a hold of his staff and he had to smile as he saw the soaked Vulcan. "Someone had fun did they?" "Yes we did, and I guess you did creating those shorts." D'sparil looked down. His shorts were the same shade of red as his robe and had the golden crossed trident emblems on the sides. "What's wrong with them?" No one answered this as they all got back to what they were doing before. The Piccards took the chance to look each of their girls over. Piccard had to smile as he saw what Amy was wearing, a red bikini that left hardly anything to the imagination. For Dark, Tikal was wearing practically the same, but in white. Bio on the other hand was a bright red as he saw what Rogue had on. It was similar, but looked about two sizes too small, and Rogue smiled as she saw it had the desired effect on Bio. "Feeling a bit hot under the collar are you Bio?" She teased, but then heard the raised voice of Piccard, "I think he's also feeling a bit hot under the shorts as well!" The others started laughing as Rogue's smile grew even more as she looked down, and she took Bio's hand and started leading him off, only saying. "We'll be back soon." Several minutes later, the others had found them, and been informed of all the events of the day, and after hearing Tuvok recounting his `heroic' defeat of Bio in the blueness of things, the entire group just lost it and started laughing again. "Tuvok, promise me you'll stay like this." Chaos said, and Tuvok only said, "Very well Chaos." "But anyway, we have something to tell you guys," The Piccards looked over at Sonic, "We were attacked while you were up there."

"Now!" SHODAN shouted. She had been watching the whole day on her screens, and even she had laughed at Tuvok's actions. "Okay, you know you're mission?" He pulled his helmet over his head as he stepped onto the transporter. "I know, attack at will! How am I supposed to forget that?" He asked, but SHODAN just pushed the button as she said, "Less of your lip!" and he vanished. "Now to watch the destruction of the alliance and the Sonic team," She said as she activated her com link. "Avatar, if you want to watch their dooms unfold, then come to the command room now." "On my way!"

Back at the beach, Piccard and Amy were lying on the sand with their arms around each other. They knew that many of the others were like it as well, and Rogue and Bio had just rejoined the group. "Piccard?" He looked up and smiled as he stared into Amy's eyes, "Hmm?" "Why'd you destroy the ARK?" He chuckled slightly, "I had to make sure there were no traces of them left in the system, the queen may have been dead, but she could still have resurrected if she'd been left there." He smiled more as he pulled her closer, "So nuking the thing was the only way, but me being in it was just a little insurance so it hit right." She chuckled now as Piccard bought her in for a long kiss, but after a minute, there was a loud bang from out over the ocean, and as Piccard flew up and various people ran, Tom just pointed. "That's the same one that did us in before!" Piccard summoned his shotgun and pointed it straight. "Identify yourself." "Gladly! I am your doom!" He shouted as he brandished a knife and flew towards Piccard at full speed, but suddenly as he was about to hit, Knuckles sprang from out of nowhere and punched him square in the stomach, sending him back, but he sprang up like he hadn't even been touched. "You will all regret fighting against SHODAN!" He shouted as he reached for the claps behind his helmet. "But first you have to get through me!" He pulled his helmet off and left those who'd been on the ARK or not paying attention in shock! "That's right!" He shouted as he drew his rifle and started charging, "I am the bringer of darkness, I am,"

"BIO CARTER!!!"

There we have it, said I'd reveal it. But if you thought the beach scene wasn't enough, don't panic, I actually had fun writing it, so I'll do more after Carter's been dealt with! But anyway, how was that? Good, Bad, Entertaining as BBC4? (Yawn!) Please review!

Piccard, logging out yet again! /\/**