Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 75: Tails takes on Chemical Plant! ( Chapter 76 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap 75: Tails takes on Chemical Plant!

By: Piccard

I sorta guessed that you all came up with the same punchline for what Sonic did before (I know Magnus got the same as me!) so I'm gonna have several more of them, changing them for each character!

Chaos: Gotta be worth a laugh! HOO HAH!

Please stop, your scaring me and the readers!

---------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Wish I did own Amy! Erm, I mean, oh god! Er, I don't own them!

Do you require aid? I think I do after that, ahem, typo!

---------------------------- /\/**

Back on the shuttle Xerxes heard beeping and one light of seven on the front board lit up as the Lebanon flew over a sea of purple slime, and the others looked out over the mass of pipes in slight disgust, with the exception of Metal, who couldn't care less. "Guy's," Xerxes began, "The second emerald is here in the chemical plant zone, now who wants to attempt it?" There was brief silence before Tails stepped forward. "Me and Sonic beat this place before, so we'll do it again!" "Fair do's!" Xerxes said as he pressed a button and the fox vanished in a beam of light, and as he did, Xerxes heard more beeping and looked down. "Next emerald, oh GOD why's there so much water?"

Tails looked up as the shuttle vanished, and then lowered his head to survey the landscape. "Better get to work!" He said as he readied his tails and started shooting off, before he fell down a pipeshaft and was shot across the area. As he shot up from the ground and through a few rings, he shook his head upon landing and sat up, muttering, "How could I forget them?" Before he revved his tails again and took off into the air.

However, his flight was cut short when a lost soul shot towards him, causing the fox to have to veer to the side. "SHODAN found us!" He shrieked as he dodged to the side again, and swatted at it with a hand when it got to close. The skull seemed ticked, and cried out again as it charged, but Tails was ready and span in midair, hitting it with a foot and causing it to fly into a nearby set of girders, causing it to explode. "That was easy enough!" He thought as he landed on a moving block, and as soon as he did a small distortion appeared on his left. "Three minutes Tails, you're slipping!" The fox turned and smiled as he saw Tom. "What the?" "By opening small portals, we can communicate, pretty nifty huh?" Tails said nothing before Tom continued. "Listen, you'll face more of them around the place. Get to the end and you'll find out why!"

As the small rift closed, the platform stopped by a nearby ledge, and Tails hopped over as he noticed something large and grey floating through the air. Curiously he moved between tow girders, and caught a glimpse as it floated past. "What the heck?" He muttered to himself. It looked like a cacodemon, but was completely grey, and the eye burned bright red as opposed to green. "Hopefully I won't have to fight it!" Tails said as he speed off in the opposite direction, and was catapulted into the air by a spring.

Tails managed to start flying before he smashed into a pillar and he shot up to the top of a nearby pillar, using them in sequence until he was on the highest one. "Yuck!" He exclaimed as he pinched his nose, "I hate that smell!" He looked around and saw the plant down below him, and a sea of purple slime stretching as far as the eye could see, and if he strained his eyes, he could just make out the Lebanon disappearing into the distance. "Well, better get going." He started, but this was quickly followed by an "Eek!" as two skulls flew up to meet him, and Tails slammed his fist forward as hard as he could, sending it flying as the second one moved in.

Tails span and bought his fist forward more in surprise than fighting as he sent it flying. Suddenly he felt something sharp hit him in the back of his right leg, sending him off the pillar and onto a lower level as he looked up and saw a skull laughing as Tails looked down and saw the back fur covered in a light amount of blood. "That's it!" he muttered as he sprang up, and as soon as he was almost at the skull, he did a vertical 180, sending his foot upwards and kicking the skull into the atmosphere. "Takes care of him." Tails said, and quickly span and punched, disposing of the second.

"Need medical attention?" Tails turned to see the Doctor through a vortex staring at Tail's leg. "Just something to stop the bleeding." "Use this," He passed through a hypo-spray, and as soon as Tails used it, the blood dried up and the light pain subsided. "Thanks." He said as he passed it through, and the Doctor sighed, "We didn't have to keep in touch with Sonic like this." "I expect he went too fast." Tails told him, and the Doctor smirked as the thing vanished and Tails started walking forward.

After a minute and another skull, Tails was beginning to tire, and as he sat down to lie back, he felt his hand going over the edge of something, and as he turned and looked, he saw that he was on top of a ledge, and just in front of that was the remains of a star post. "So she got them too?" He thought as he moved down off the ledge and lay as close to the wall as he could, and not a minute too soon. For as soon as he was down, the grey demon floated over again, obviously missing Tails as it flew slowly and took a left down a side corridor. Tails sighed as he closed his eyes for a brief period, and as soon as he was done, he sprang up and ran straight ahead.

"Boy," He whistled as he looked over a ledge. "That'll be hard to get past!" He was staring at a very narrow section of platforms that crossed over each other as they extended over an expanse of ooze. However, what caught his attention was the presence of a load of Sabreclaws along the paths, and a group of undead knights to the side. "Can't get through this way," He thought as he started to back off, but then noticed the grey demon coming back. IT hadn't seen him, but give it too long and it might. "Okay, perhaps I can!" Tails thought as he started spinning his tails as fast as he could, and as the grey one was almost on top of him, he let rip. Allowing his tails to carry him outwards and upwards as he noticed the ooze below slowly starting to rise.

"God I HATE that part!" He muttered as he landed on the upper platform. All the lower levels had been flooded with ooze, and the `claws and knights had most likely drowned. He was about to sigh in relief when he saw the grey one slowly rising through the ooze, and Tails shot off as fast as he could, landing on a moving platform as the creature emerged, but Tails was safely away.

"I don't wanna meet it!" Tails moaned as he leapt up a few platforms and nobbled a few skulls before he passed the remnants of another star post. Suddenly he hit something that catapulted him forwards again, sending him around numerous loops before he was shot over a river of slime, and as he came to a stop, he heard a familiar voice. "Get ready kitsune!" "Dark?" Tails asked as he turned, and heard Dark laughing. "As much as the others like using portals, I prefer talking through people's minds!" Tails suddenly stopped before Dark continued. "Now you saw that large grey creature didn't you?" Tails nodded, "That has eaten the emerald, and to get it back, you'll need to destroy it!" As Tails started running, Dark could be heard one last time. "It's called a Pain Elemental, and let's just say, that killing it is almost as bad as letting it live."

As he voice faded and Tails wondered what he meant, a massive roar stopped him in his tracks, and he looked up to meet the grey one. "H-h-hello!" Tails stammered as he started to back off, and he noticed the creature opening it's mouth. Tails expected a ball of lightning, but seemed shocked as he saw a skull fly out and towards him, but he destroyed it in one. "I'm a technician, not a fighter!" He shouted as he ran forwards, "But I can fight!" He yelled as he slammed his fist into it's face hard, and as it flew back and yelled, Tail's saw the orange chaos emerald glimmering from inside it's mouth.

The elemental fired several more skulls, but the fox dealt with them with a new-found bravery as he managed to get right up next to it, and span, slamming both of his tails down into it's eye, making it scream as it flew backwards, and Tails smiled slightly. "Sorry, but I need that emerald!" He said as he started spinning on the floor, and as the demon came to it's senses, Tails shot over the floor and ripped the thing in two as he slammed through, grabbing the emerald in the process.

"Yes!" He exclaimed as he held the emerald close, and as he heard the screams of more skulls behind him, he decided that he'd had enough of the plant for one day and he jetted off into the distance, stopping next to a column as he sank in fatigue and let his thoughts take over, dwelling on a certain rabbit. As he started dealing with the resultant effects, he failed to notice a portal opening, and the very same rabbit appear in it, and as soon as she saw what he was doing she went bright red. After a minute she squealed, alerting Tails, who looked up immediately red faced. "How long have you been there?" "Only a minute." Cream said truthfully as Tails stood up. "Xerxes said for you all to wait for him to swing back." "Then how can they summon portals?" Tails asked, and heard a voice that sounded very similar to D'sparils. "We can summon them anywhere, but they tend to get smaller as we go further away!" Cream smiled as Tails sat down, and as it started closing, she said, "Save it for later!" Making him go an even brighter shade of red.

The second light appeared on the Lebanon's control panel as Xerxes closed the com link with the others. "Okay, according to the alliance, SHODAN knows what we're trying to do, so she's sending forces to stop us." As he turned back, his turquoise face seemed to whiten as he looked down. "The third emerald is in the aquatic ruins, who wants to do it?" For a minute, no-one answered, but then a voice spoke up. "I'll do it!" Xerxes turned, and as he saw who it was, he smiled, "Very well Knuckles, just try and stay dry!" The echidna smirked as Xerxes beamed him down, and as the android turned back he seemed slightly happy. "Fourth emerald, thank god there's no water, but it looks like a casino!"

/\/**

Tails busted chem. Plant like a nutshell! Next chapter is Knuckles in the aquatic ruins! Better get ready as it's gonna be a splash-down! But enough of my crap jokes, how was it? Good? Bad? Effective as a blind man at chess? Please review!

Piccard, logging out! /\/**