Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 74: Sonic at the emerald hill! ( Chapter 75 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap 74: Sonic at the emerald hill!

By: Piccard

Okay, I will say one thing. As these next seven will tend to focus on one character each, don't expect them to be as long as the others were. (It's hard enough writing 6 pages for the lot!)

Dark: You made a humongous typo before didn't you?

I was getting to that. You see I actually wrote in the last chapter that Tails was sitting on both sides of the shuttle!

Bio: How's that done then?

By my own errors! To be honest, I'm surprised that no one mentioned it! And BTW, the seventh person was supposed to be Metal Sonic.

Chaos: He's not a person though!

And your clinically insane but I don't let it bring me down!

---------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: I don't own them, gottit?

I had a dream, and it involved a certain pink hedgehog! (Xerxes: Too far light!)

---------------------------- /\/**

"Okay," Xerxes started as they were in the air, "Here's the plan. There's seven of you, correct?" They all nodded, "That means one per emerald, now after you find it, wait where you find it, and I'll swing back and grab you after the last person is transported down." There were some mutters as the odd groan of either, "Get those quills away from me!" "Stop moving!" and "Take your hands away from there fox-boy!" causing Xerxes to sigh as the scanners started beeping. "We're getting closer now," He said as he primed the transporters, "Who wants to go down?" Sonic sprang up and ignored the eggy doctors cry as quills scratched his arm. "I will!" "Very well!" Xerxes said as he pressed buttons, and the hedgehog disappeared in a flash of light. "Okay, scanners re-primed." Xerxes said as his fingers danced over the keypad and an image appeared. "Looks like some kind of chemical plant." Sonic looked up to see the shuttle fly off into the distance, and as he surveyed the landscape, he sighed. "Just like the older days!" He muttered as he revved and took off across the landscape, unprepared for what might have happened to the area.

He shot up a ramp and flipped back onto a higher level. Turning his head slightly he saw a demolished monitor. "Thought they cleared them away!" Ran through his head as he revved again and shot over the shortish gap, following the contours of the landscape until he smashed into something hard, and as he regained his bearings he noticed that he bumped into an assault droid. "So SHODAN knows what we're up to," He started as he curled into a ball and started spinning. "Major uncool!" he blasted forward and the droid fell to pieces, not failing to fire a fusion charge, and missing the hedgehog by a mile. "Sorry there, better luck next time!" Sonic said as he took off.

After leaping on a nearby spring and heading to an upper level, he noticed that he had a clear view of the entire level, and as he looked forward, he could see something glimmering way off in the distance, making him smile. However, this smile soon faded as he saw something running towards it. It had a good way to go yet, and if Sonic went all out, then he might beat it there. "Better hurry." He thought as he revved, but as he looked down straight he stopped, for a cacodemon was edging his way up to meet the hedgehog. "Can't they go faster?" Sonic shouted down as the beat slowly rose up, failing to see the logic of a spring to make it faster. It fired a lightning charge in aggravation, but it missed by a wide stretch.

"Couldn't SHODAN give you target practice?" Sonic jeered, and the demon growled in anger as it's horns appeared over the edge of the cliff, and Sonic started spinning, and as the demon emerged over the top and hovered over the grass, Sonic span forward and ripped through the creature, which fell to the floor with a hefty splat as Sonic flew down the cliff, landing as gracefully as he could whilst shaking the blood from his quills. "Yuck!" He shouted as his feet became blurs. "Think I'll stick to bot bashing?"

"At least the star-post's still here," Sonic said as he stopped next to the post, and he raised an eyebrow (Does he have them) as he noticed that it was a pile of scrap metal at his feet. "Or at least what's left of it!" He said as he walked past and hopped over a rock, in advertently hitting a red spring and jetting forward. Taking the initiative, he allowed himself to fall forward and he rolled along the floor, bowling over numerous demons. "Sorry I'm just in a hurry!" the hedgehog said before he smashed into a wall, and cursed under his breath as he sat up and leapt up onto a nearby hill. "Dear god!" He muttered as he wiped a bit more blood from his quills and leapt up, suddenly a pipe smashed into a rock on his right, and as he landed, he saw a hybrid swinging a lead pipe and looking very angry.

He rolled to the side as the hybrid growled and tried to swing the pipe, and Sonic rolled to the side to dodge as the hybrid snapped his head round. "You must get a better hygiene plan," Sonic said as he rolled again, bringing his fist up into the beasts chin. "Cause your skin stinks!" As the hybrid roared and bought the pipe down, Sonic caught it, and used as much strength as he could muster to push the hybrid back, and as it fell down the cliff, Sonic kept a firm hold of the lead pipe. "Better keep this," He said as he swung it in practice, "I don't fancy spin-dashing living things again!" He glanced back at his quills. Most of the spare blood had gone, but what remained had dried, leaving now purple blotches at the ends of his quills. "I'll deal with them later." He muttered as he ran forwards.

As he ran through a loop and jumped onto a nearby spring, he sort of regretted not mapping the place the last time he was here. Suddenly he stopped as he saw what was ahead, and inwardly swore. "How could I forget them?" He muttered as he stared. What stood in front of him was a ribbon bridge, not much of a challenge, but he needed a run up, and those flaming skulls that looked hungry didn't help as Sonic started revving, and as the sound of feet hitting the floor got louder, the skulls began to notice and screeched as one flew forward but just as it was about to sink it's teeth in, Sonic took off, flying across the bridge as the skulls dived, all missing by a good few feet as Sonic hit the end and jumped to dodge a trap spring that had been conveniently placed to fling him back to the start.

"Finally, some rings!" he shouted in glee as he jumped up and grabbed the three above him. "I thought I grabbed all them last time." He muttered as he landed and grasped them tightly. Taking the initiative, he took off and ran straight off a hill and past another wrecked star post, dodging beasts left, right and centre as he took off towards the emerald. Suddenly he shot down a very steep embankment, and he curled up to get the most out of it, however, he failed to notice a quick bit of raised ground, and the hedgehog was catapulted into the air with a shocked expression adorning his face.

A splat echoed around the landscape as Sonic hit a wall, and fell to the floor with the most gormless expression yet, and as he peeled himself up, he noticed a large mutation clawing at the ground nearby, with a glint visible through the dirt, which Sonic recognised as an emerald. "Hey!" He shouted as the mutation looked up and growled, "That's my emerald!" Sonic had to cover his ears as an ear-piercing roar echoed around the area, and the creature charged at Sonic, who actually managed to dodge. The hedgehog swung the pipe as hard as he could into the creatures side, but to Sonic's shock, the pipe was absorbed and disappeared in virtually no time. "Okay new plan!" Sonic muttered as he flew back and ran up the wall, but the creature smashed a fist into it, causing Sonic to fall.

Roughly five minutes later, Sonic smashed into another wall after being backhanded, and the creature ran back to the centre and carried on digging, and as Sonic pulled himself up, the creature roared in triumph, holding the jewel up high. Sonic saw his chance, spinning before he took off into the air and shot towards the creatures outstretched arm, taking it by surprise as he latched himself on and tried to grab the emerald, but the creature attempted to prise him off. However, Sonic managed to prise the emerald out of the creatures hand and as it fell to the floor, Sonic dug his quills into the back of the creatures head, and he chose that moment to drop to the floor, rolling over and grabbing the emerald, allowing the power to flow through him as there was a bright flash and he transformed, taking the time to notice that the beast was now shielding his eyes. Sonic smirked slightly as he took the time to start running around the room, gradually speeding up as he lifted his feet off the ground and he became a golden blur as he shot round the room, and at the last second he changed course so that he now shot across the centre and he blasted straight the beast.

Sonic returned to normal as the creature hit the ground, and as small screen appeared in front of him and an image of Order appeared on the screen. "Great job Sonic." He said in Piccard's voice, but it quickly switched to Bio's as he said, "Now only six to go!" Sonic smiled as Order looked past the blue hogs shoulder and he paled slightly. "Did you kill that on your own?" "Of course." Sonic bragged, "Why?" "That's one of SHODAN's Rumblers, next best things she has to the avatar." Order told him, and Sonic smiled as Order continued. "Stay where you are, Xerxes will swing back and pick you all up after you have all the emeralds." Order told him as the link went and Sonic sat down and started to amuse himself (I'll let you decide on your own punch lines!)

Back on the shuttle Xerxes heard beeping and one light of seven on the front board lit up as the Lebanon flew over a sea of purple slime, and the others looked out over the mass of pipes in slight disgust, with the exception of Metal, who couldn't care less. "Guy's," Xerxes began, "The second emerald is here in the chemical plant zone, now who wants to attempt it?" There was brief silence before Tails stepped forward. "Me and Sonic beat this place before, so we'll do it again!" "Fair do's!" Xerxes said as he pressed a button and the fox vanished in a beam of light, and as he did, Xerxes heard more beeping and looked down. "Next emerald, oh GOD why's there so much water?"

There we are, told ya it'd be short! But if you expected a modern zone, I hate to disappoint. You see, I am a retro gamer by heart, and hopefully I will have the modern Sonic's in a month! But enough about me, Next chapter is Tails in Chem. Plant. But how was that one? Good, Bad, effective as coffee made of soil? Please review!

Piccard, logging out! /\/**