Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 73: What the heck’s wrong with Bio, and the start of the emerald hunt! ( Chapter 74 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap 73: What the heck's wrong with Bio, and the start of the emerald hunt!

By: Piccard

Ah so many reviews, I feel honoured! But enough about me, lets carry on with chapter 73, and for those of you who don't like me using over 10 fan characters, I'm gonna concentrate on the Sonic plot for a bit. And for those of you who hate this fic…

Dark: Patience light!

Wheeze!

------------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: should be evident on chapter 49! (it's getting hard coming up with good puns!)

Push it in harder? Yea, crates are hard to arrange!

------------------------- /\/**

Piccard removed his inferno cannon as he watched Sonic blitz around the ranks, and he had to laugh as he watched a pair of Revenants panic. But his laughter stopped as one woman swung her arm, causing her nails to slash the right side of Sonic's face. As Piccard teleported the hedgehog back, he hammered his com badge. "Piccard to anyone listening," he started as he noticed them getting closer, "We need help now!" He shouted as he closed the link, and readied his fists for a duel with a nearby Hell Knight. Suddenly a portal opened next to Piccard and Anaetheron, Cybos and Chaos shot out with weapons primed as Dark, Bio and Tails shot up the road. "Good timing guys." Piccard said as he picked up Sonic. "I don't like to run, but I'm gonna take Sonic back to the mansion now!" Piccard said as he started running like the wind, and as he came to the mansion, he ran in and laid Sonic down near the Doctor, only saying "Medical emergency before he ran out and saw the others running back. "Won already?" "We just blitzed them," Dark said as he walked back to the force fields, and after several minutes, Piccard walked over. "So Dark," He began as he kneeled next to him, "Tell me what you're doing."

As Dark explained to Piccard how they were modifying the shielding, they noticed five forms approaching behind them, and Picard span as he noticed that one figure was missing. "Where's Bio?" Piccard asked in slight confusion, and the others looked around in slight confusion as the Doctor pointed past them, and they all looked to see Bio dragging himself down the road. As Piccard ran up to him, he could see sweat pouring down the genetic marines face and leaving a trail behind him as he wheezed almost non-stop, and as Piccard pulled him to his feet, Bio partially opened his eyes, and Piccard noticed that the were devoid of almost all colour. "Power," Bio started through jagged breaths, "fading." He said no more as he fainted in Piccard's arms, and Piccard pulled Bio up and span whilst shouting, "Get the holodeck on-line, Doc's got a new patient!"

/\/**

D'sparil sat anxiously outside the holodeck as the Doctor and Piccard were treating Bio. He had to smirk slightly as he heard the Doctor's voice saying, "No, not that one!" and a small explosion, and he swore that he heard Piccard mutter "Eep" before a slap was heard. "D'sparil", he looked over his shoulder to see Rogue walking up, "How's Bio?" "I have no idea," The warlock began as he pulled his hood down and rubbed his eyes. "They won't let me in!" Rogue sighed before she looked the warlock over, and swore that his eyes were slightly red around the edges. "Have you been crying?" She asked, and D'sparil span, "No!" "I beg to differ." She told him as she moved closer and ran a finger under his eye, and as he examined it his patience seemed to snap. "Okay so perhaps I am VERY worried about Bio." He snapped as he jerked his head back, and the bat just managed to stop herself from falling. "It's just that, well," It was obvious that he felt difficult saying this, but before she could say anything, he carried on. "Bio is the only person who treated me as a friend in my whole six thousand year existence! Everyone else has either treated me as a warlock, an enemy or a tool!" He lowered his head slightly as he heard the door open, and he and Rogue promptly walked in.

"Nice to see you both." Piccard said as the two sat down opposite him and the Doctor, and Rogue swore that if she focused her eyes, she could see Bio on a machine. "At first we thought that he was extremely tired," The Doctor began, "But after several scans we found the real reason." He handed D'sparil a pad, and Piccard started talking. "It appears that ever since Bio was split from the master emerald, his powers been slowly deteriorating down to a thin sliver, and if it carries on, He'll DIE!" He emphasised the word `Die' and he saw that they both looked absolutely traumatised, and before Piccard could continue, he heard the camera above start whirring, a sure sign that everyone else was watching. "There has to be a way to find out what else can be used to simulate a temporary power system for Bio until a more permanent solution can be found." He could hear the silence in the whole mansion, and it sickened everyone until the Doctor spoke up. "It gets worse, the holodeck uses up to much power when it's on medical programs, He wont last more than a day at this rate." This seemed to scare them slightly as Piccard looked deep in thought. "Can we all go to the front room now," He started as he tried to pull himself up. "What I want to announce is best said in person and not over a video link."

As the four walked in to the front room and sat down in silence, Piccard noticed all faces trailed on him and there was quiet for several minutes before he spoke up. "I may have a temporary solution, but it's not something that I'm keen to rush back into." There was a sort of curiosity that hung in the air before Piccard continued. "Well let me put it this way, what separates Bio from Dark and Chaos, apart from the fact that he was created?" No one answered. "Basically, Bio is the only one that I have not been merged with one on one. You see," He began, "I believe that if I merge with Bio, then it will save his life. However, I can't merge with him whilst the emeralds are still in him!" "Hang on a sec Light," Piccard turned his head and saw Chaos, "I may have a brain as dense of a whale omelette, but even I have no idea what's gonna happen." "Think about it a sec," Piccard said as he walked up to Chaos and stared him in the face, "This may be his only chance of survival until a permanent source can be found, so I'm willing for now. However, I won't do it unless everyone agrees!"

It took some time, but eventually everyone agreed as Piccard walked up and into his own room, quickly donning his bodysuit before grabbing his staff and walking out, straight into Amy and Rogue. "This won't be pretty." Piccard said as he walked into the holodeck, and realised that he was still being followed. "Do you really want to see this?" He said as he walked over to Bio, and as he looked back, saw that the two girls were sitting on one of the beds as Bio opened his eyes and smiled slightly. "How am I doing Light?" "Not to well Bio." Piccard began, "Good news and bad. Bad news is that you'll die within a day if you stay hooked up to this holo-machine." Bio stalled slightly. "What's the good news?" "It may be risky, but here's what I propose." He leaned forward and explained his plan in great length to Bio, and as he pulled back he saw the look on Bio's face. "It'll never work!" He protested, and Piccard frowned. "Do you not value life?" That question stumped him, and Piccard shook his head. "Bio, I don't care if you agree or not, but as far as I'm concerned, your life's more important to us than the risks involved!"

A force field flew up between the Piccards and the girls, and as Piccard twirled his staff round, golden pulses flew out of him and green ones flew out of Bio as they formed into a human shaped focus of energy. "Right I'll have to be quick!" Piccard said as his eyes glowed different colours and he made a clawing motion with his hands, and Bio tensed and hissed as claw marks appeared in his chest, and as Piccard pulled his hands back, the two emeralds flew out of Bio and over to the girls through a temporary hole in the field. "Here we go!" Piccard shouted as the room started shaking and Bio pulled himself to his feet and took a hold of Light. "This better work!" Bio muttered as he and Light both smiled, and they shouted "FORM MERGE!" as there was a bright golden green explosion behind the field, and the girls shot up in alarm. "Get them out of there!" Amy shouted as Rogue ran over to the controls, but just as she got there, the field went down on it's own. "Piccard?" Amy said as the smoke contained behind the field billowed out and flooded the room. Suddenly they heard a third, combined voice shouting, "Computer, vent the smoke!" and as it was sucked out of the room, Amy and Rogue looked on in shock at the figure before them.

His hair was a blondish green, and his eyes were a shade of turquoise as he looked himself over and saw the girls staring at him. "Did it work?" He asked as he looked down at his bodysuit. The purple trim was still in place, but the white parts were a light shade of green now as the gold sequins seemed to flash. "It must have done." Rogue said as she just stared, and they felt uneasy. "Are we Piccard or Bio?" the joint voice said, slightly confusing the two before he reached a conclusion on his own. "Okay, so we're combined, Piccard was right, the trick did work. I can't believe that Bio was so sceptical!" That remark confused everyone as he walked out and into the front room, where the others just looked on.

"Perhaps we should come up with a name." He said as he sat down, and immediately looked mad. "No I don't think that I should call myself the mighty arsehole!" Laughter ensured as he smiled. "Fair enough. Let's recap. We are the combined powers of Light and Bio. We both fight for peace and now we're combined," There was a brief pause before he said, "I know it sounds cheesy but here we are, the entity that will, oh sod the mysticism, whilst we're together, we shall be the marine of order. Order Piccard!"

"Okay, so lets get this whole thing in perspective," Sonic started as Order sat down. "To save Bio's life, Piccard merged with him, now they formed Order Piccard which I by far think is the worst one yet!" He emphasised the word `yet' as he noticed the glare, and smirked slightly. "Now the question guys is can we find a suitable replacement for him?" Almost immediately they heard Knuckles's voice. "The chaos emeralds, but the snag is that they're down on southern island. We'd have to hunt for them." "Okay then." They all span and saw the Doctor. "You guys go and find these emeralds and we'll stay here and hold down the fort." The others wondered what he meant as the alliance started walking off and Sonic called Dark over. "How long will the form merge last?" "As long as they like." Dark said before smiling, "but if you find these emeralds that'll all change" "I'd better call help then." Sonic said as he ran to the phone, as he picked it up, he heard Tail's voice. "Who are you calling?" "You'll see!"

Order sighed as he went up the stairs, but as soon as he stepped onto the carpeted floor, he stopped. As he pondered thoughts, he felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see Anaetheron. "You alright?" He said before Order shook his head. "A part of me wants to spend the night with Amy, yet another part wants to spend it with Rogue." The baron chuckled as he noticed Orders predicament. "Why not just sleep in the holodeck?" He said as he walked off, and Order smirked. "Now that's a good idea!" The dual voice said as he walked over to the controls and started tapping buttons. "Computer load quarters of Cmndr. Arrowsmith, USS Poledes!" There were several beeps before the doors opened and he walked in, taking a deep breath as memories flooded back. "Why did the governor hate me so much? He didn't hate you," He said as he lay on the bed, "I reckon Carter had something to do with it! Well I'll interrogate him when this is over." As he closed his eyes, he just calmly said. "This is gonna confuse people fast Bio! If it hasn't already Light!"

/\/**

The following morning the Sonic team were outside with Xerxes priming the Lebanon shuttle. "Okay, so lets' get this straight," Knuckles started, obviously disgusted, "you get Robotnik to help us find the emeralds?" "You better watch it flea bag!" the egg shaped one said as he waddled over, "Or I'll come down on you like a ton of bricks!" "Bit late for that!" Rogue muttered, causing Tails to laugh. "Okay so Xerxes will drop us down over the zones where the emeralds are detected." Sonic said as he climbed in, and Xerxes could be heard from the front of the shuttle. "Okay, first emerald coming in," There was more beeping as Shadow yawned. "It's coming from the emerald hill zone, how ironic!" The android muttered as Order walked up to the back of the shuttle. "Now are you guys sure that you don't want weapons?" "We'll be fine!" Knuckles muttered as the group of seven sat down. Rogue, Knuckles and Tails on the left, and Sonic, Tails, Julian and Shadow were on the right as the shuttle took off and the others waved them off. However, up in space, they were being watched by a certain evil, who smirked as she checked reports. "So they want to find these emeralds," she muttered as she started tapping buttons, "I'll arrange a few surprises for them!" Manical laughter started echoing over the Von Braun, and from their bed, Carter and the Avatar both gripped each other harder in fear, both thinking, "Help!"

"Okay," Xerxes started as they were in the air, "Here's the plan. There's seven of you, correct?" They all nodded, "That means one per emerald, now after you find it, wait where you find it, and I'll swing back and grab you after the last person is transported down." There were some mutters as the odd groan of either, "Get those quills away from me!" "Stop moving!" and "Take your hands away from there fox-boy!" causing Xerxes to sigh as the scanners started beeping. "We're getting closer now," He said as he primed the transporters, "Who wants to go down?" Sonic sprang up and ignored the eggy doctors cry as quills scratched his arm. "I will!" "Very well!" Xerxes said as he pressed buttons, and the hedgehog disappeared in a flash of light. "Okay, scanners re-primed." Xerxes said as his fingers danced over the keypad and an image appeared. "Looks like some kind of chemical plant." Sonic looked up to see the shuttle fly off into the distance, and as he surveyed the landscape, he sighed. "Just like the older days!" He muttered as he revved and took off across the landscape, unprepared for what might have happened to the area.

So now we have about seven chapters coming up featuring the Sonic crew ONLY! Okay, so there will be the odd mention about the others, and a few criticisms about how cheesy Order Piccard sounds, but it took me hours to think of it! But anyway, how was it? Good, Bad, as pointless as an Arch mage verses a Death Knight? (If you haven't played Warcraft 3, then picture an old bloke against a zombie with a sword!) Please review!

Piccard, signing out! /\/**