Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 80: Back to the norm for the Alliance, and trouble on the Von Braun! ( Chapter 81 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap 80: Back to the norm for the Alliance, and trouble on the Von Braun!

By: Piccard

I've been writing now for six months, and you have to agree, I have got a masterpiece here!

Dark: If you say so Light

Well, say what you like, I and some others think this is great!

---------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: I only own the hordes that appear on my bio, all 17,340 of them!

Well there are a lot. . .

---------------------- /\/**

Order took a last minute to talk with himself as a combined Light and Bio. "I really enjoyed this Bio, seeing things through your eyes too." "And I you Light, I had a chance to know how it felt to have been born, not created." "Plus I know what you see in Rouge now!" Order chucked in Bio's voice at these thoughts as the others shot beams into each other before they filled the central area, and Order was engulfed in light as the others ran in. "Did we miss it?" Shadow asked, and as the waves stopped, Tom turned and smiled as he fell to his knees, panting heavily. "Just, but I know my powers are improving!" He said with self satisfaction as they looked into the middle of the heptagon to see them both, but there were noticeable differences to their forms. Bio's armour had changed to a rainbow shade to match the emeralds as his hair had gone a darker green. Light however, had changed drastically, his hair was now a bight gold, and his robe had gone such an extreme shade of white that the light reflected off as Amy moved forward and noticed them both starting to stir. "Light, Bio, you both ok?"

As they both stood up, Bio's armour returned to it's usual shade of green, and he just held a hand to his head to deal with the rising headache. Piccard just stood up straight and muttered, "God I need a cuppa!" as he staggered to the replicator and pulled out an Earl Grey, noticing the faces on the others. "What, never seen me before?" He muttered as he started out, but tripped and fell onto the couch. "What the hell happened?" Bio moaned as he slipped and moved a hand to grab a hold of something, rather someone. "Bio," He looked up into the eyes of Rouge. "If you value your life, take your hand away from there!"

"So," Dark said as he knelt next to Light, "Have fun when you were merged did you?" "I never realised how warped Bio's mind really was." Piccard said as he downed the contents of the cup in one go, and Dark smiled. "You know how worried we were when you did that trick?" Piccard sighed. "You got the psionics, you tell me!" "I digress." Dark muttered as he walked off, and Piccard sighed as he looked himself over and mentally frowned. "What's with the holy look?" He asked himself as Sonic sat opposite him. "Getting the emeralds was a piece of cake!" He gloated as Piccard looked deep in thought, then gestured to the ceiling. "Worthy causes are always accompanied by losses, but we'll get them back alright." Piccard said, and Sonic just smiled as he recounted what had happened against the Rumbler in Emerald Hill.

Up in the holodeck, Jon was chewing on a sandwich as he looked over Xerxes's systems. "I don't know why they chose me." He muttered as he took a big bite, and ended up with half a sandwich sticking out of his mouth. "Androids aren't my thing. I may be mad, but gimme a gun." He started, but then heard whirring as he turned his head. "I got something working Tails, no idea what though!" The fox chuckled as he looked up from Metal. "Great, keep it up." Jon smiled as he turned back and grabbed a spanner, "Y'know Xerxes, I'm having fun with this!" He told the android as he stuck the tool in and gave it a hefty twist, and suddenly Xerxes sprang to life as he sat up. "Well I have movement online." Jon said as he looked down and twisted something else, turning on speech. "Ooh, my head." Xerxes muttered as he moved a hand up. "What did I do?" "Go berserk and try to destroy a fortress with a shuttle?" Jon suggested, and memories started to fly back to the android as he lowered himself back onto the bed and Jon continued with the repairs.

/\/**

Up in space, all seemed quiet on the Von Braun, but then the loud banshee-like echo of the word, "CARTER!!!" Could be heard over the speakers as the commander legged it down a corridor on the Von Braun's command deck with the avatar in tow. "What do you mean they got the emeralds?" The avatar asked as they ran into a small room and Carter tapped a button. "I didn't just `let' them!" He said before he activated the transporter and ended up on a bridge. "What is this?" The avatar asked as she looked around in alarm. "This is the Bridge of the UNN Rickenbacker!" Carter said as he sat on a console and looked around. "SHODAN can only talk via tannoids here, she can't actually materialise!" The avatar sighed, but then static could be heard as they heard a familiar voice. "You have forgotten Carter," It started before SHODAN appeared in the middle of the room, looking very angry. "That I'm no longer an AI!" Carter looked ready to crap himself as SHODAN lunged. "Small error on my part!" Carter shouted as he dodged to the side. "I know you're angry, but turning on me ain't gonna help?" "Why not?" SHODAN spat, but stopped and Carter turned to a monitor, and it had several figures from the Alliance on it. "What do Anaetheron, Dark, Cybos, Bio, Xerxes, D'sparil, Metal and R-396 have in common?" He asked, and SHODAN just shook her head. "They all used to work for you," Carter started, "But stopped due to the torture and your impatience, so be careful, or I'll do the same!" SHODAN frowned as she vanished, and the avatar leaned over to Carter. "Please don't!" "I won't, I only said it to see her reaction!"

/\/**

Down at the mansion about half an hour later, Piccard was lying on his bed with his head in a large book as Amy walked in and looked over his shoulder. "What's that?" She asked as she sat next to him, and Piccard couldn't help but smile. "Dad bought it, the history of the Arrowsmiths." He started as he flipped a page. "Just taking a quick look to see if there were any tips on the Von Braun in here." "Well are there?" Amy asked, and Piccard just shook his head. "I'm afraid not, there's several access codes, diagrams and records, but nothing like maps." He muttered as he closed the book and slid it under the bed as he wrapped an arm round Amy. "I missed ya whilst me and Bio were fused." "Really?" Amy started as she moved closer, and Piccard had to smile. "He may not be confident, but his urges for Rouge are a lot stronger than I ever thought possible!" That made Amy laugh as they embraced for the first time in ages.

Downstairs, Rouge and D'sparil were sitting at the table, with Tar's amulet about half way between them. "I knew him for 6 millennia," D'sparil started as he sheathed his staff, "Strange that he always said he was gonna die in combat, not sitting on his arse." Rouge had to crack a smile at this as she gestured to the amulet. "So are you gonna keep it?" "I think you should." D'sparil said, and before rouge could protest he spoke up again. "I have more than enough disciple magic in me, and that amulet might overload it." He said as he pointed, and Rouge reached forward and took it. As she slipped it into her pocket, Chaos ran past with Piccard's sword. "There's some teleporting going on out there!" He shouted as he jetted out, and the others followed with a mix of either eagerness or boredom.

"Long time no see insects!" SHODAN gloated as the Sonic team stood ready, but the only alliance members there were Chaos Piccard, R-396, D'sparil and Tom. "So SHODAN, I wish I could say it was good to see you again." Tom started as he readied a pistol. "But as we both know, it'd have more lies than a labour conference!" As he aimed, a photon bolt landed in front of him, and as he looked up, he saw Carter smirking in mid-air. "Sorry Admiral, no-one's opposing us today!" He shouted down as he lowered and the avatar appeared next to him as Chaos spoke up. "You have no regard for the prime directive have you?" "You didn't even exist then," Carter muttered, "So shut it!"

After a brief slanging match, SHODAN gave the order to advance as Rumblers sprang from the ranks and took them by surprise as they roared. However, before they could even start, bolts shot down from the mansion, stunning them temporarily as Sonic looked up and saw Anaetheron and Cybos in the windows. "Okay guys," Sonic shouted as the Rumblers started forwards again. "Let's do this!" They all split, and the four alliance members stood their ground to defend as Sonic started glowing lightly. "Can I still do this?" He asked as he landed in front of the horde, and swung his arm forward, shouting, "Sonic wind!" as a bright blue razor wind shot forward, taking them by surprise.

(A/N: I got SA2:B for crimbo, so I can finally do their attacks! Go me!)

Several rumblers got caught in the wind as SHODAN gestured to Carter, who nodded as he jetted forward to take on the members of the alliance, but as he formed his arm and took a swipe at Tom, he felt something sharp hit his armour, and looked down to see a shurikan and a very angry R-396. "You drove Xerxes to insanity!" She screamed as she flicked another blade, but Carter merely caught it. "You should be careful," Carter started as he twiddled the blade with his fingers, "Anyone could turn these against you!" He finished as he drew his arm back and flung the blade forward.

"Chaos Spear!" Shadow yelled as a collection of spears flew down into a mancubus, killing it instantly as he span and jetted into a nearby revenant. "Too easy!" He gloated as the beast fell, but as soon as it did, he heard a very low growl, and span to see a Psi-Reaver bearing down on him. "What wouldn't I give for an emerald?" Shadow shouted as he leapt to his side, and as he landed the yellow super emerald dropped from a window. "Thanks whoever that was." He called back as he focused, and as the reaver was nearly on top of him, he shouted "Chaos Control!" Vanishing before appearing a short distance behind it, where he was easily able to take out.

Knuckles laughed as he watched a Sabreclaw fall, and just as he turned, he heard a kamikaze battle cry, and had to fling himself into a wall to miss being impaled by Bio Carter. "We haven't fought for ages flea-bag!" Carter yelled as he slammed his blade down, and Knuckles punched him in the side of the head. "Knew I forgot something." Carter muttered as he pulled out his helmet. Knuckles saw his chance and swung his fist whilst yelling, "Thunder Arrow!" and before Carter had a chance to react, several bolts of lightning flew down and hit him head on.

"Hold on Carter," The avatar yelled, "I'm coming!" After that' she smashed D'sparil in the side of the head, knocking him out cold as she ran to help the commander, but before she got there, she heard a voice shout, "Black wave!" and before she knew what was happening, she was stunned by a very hard pulse. "Who did that?" The avatar screamed as she started spinning, and was greeted by a white boot to the face as Rouge flew down and kicked her. "So why have you been keeping to yourself?" Rouge asked as the avatar picked herself up and glared. "So bat-girl," The avatar began as she formed a ball of energy and threw it at the bat, but she just dodged it. "Stopped shagging long enough to fight for a change?" The avatar gloated as Rouge glowered at her, and Chaos just shook his head, thinking "This is gonna be a long match!"

Suddenly they could all hear whirring, and Chaos had to jump out of the way as Tails sprang forward in a mech of sorts. "Nice machine," Tom called as Tails started towards the Rumblers. "What is it?" "I call it the Cyclone," Tails shouted down as he shot a few rounds from a Vulcan cannon on top as a mancubus came into the line of vision. "I built it myself!" Tails told them as a torpedo shot from the front and blasted the mancubus back at another group. "You had these all along?" Chaos shouted over the field, and Knuckles looked back. "Well you guys never let us use them!"

SHODAN looked on in shock at this new display from the Sonic team. Put simply, she hadn't been ready for this. "I only thought that the Piccard's, D'sparil and their admiral knew magic," She started as sonic winds and chaos spears devastated her ranks. "And Carter and the avatar ain't gonna be able to keep this up," she glanced down at them, Carter was starting to tire, and the avatar was frozen to the spot by Rouge. "How did I fall into this trap?" She asked herself as she swung her arm to deflect a chaos spear. "Everyone, retreat!" She yelled as columns of green light appeared all around, and group by group, SHODAN's hordes vanished, and as they did, she said to herself. "I better have a word with Robotnik and Snivley about them!"

As Carter and the avatar vanished, Knuckles and Rouge fell to the ground and started panting heavily out of fatigue. "Well that was easy!" Chaos gloated as he bounded over and knelt between them. "What's wrong with you?" "It's called tiredness." Knuckles said as he pulled himself up, and Rouge did the same. "Having as much energy as a horny rabbit you probably wouldn't know what tiredness is!" She muttered as she ambled back in with Knuckles close behind her. Chaos just shook his head as he stood up and looked up at the sky. "Black," Chaos started as he stared up, "Like me." "Oh can yer whinging!" Tom moaned as he staggered back, and Chaos looked at his wrist. "Where's mi bloody watch?" He asked no-one in particular as he ran back into the mansion.

"Piccard where's my watch?" Chaos screamed as he ran into Piccard and Amy's room, catching them both half naked on the bed. "Chaos!" Amy screamed before Piccard looked up. "You ain't got a watch, you normally nick mine, remember?" He said, and chaos nodded as he turned and ran out, sticking his head back round the door and waggling his eyebrows at Amy before Piccard threw a pillow at him. "Sorry about that," Piccard said after Chaos vanished, "Now, where were we?"

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" Chaos asked as he walked into the front room, and Bio looked up and smirked. "You never asked!" He told him as Chaos pulled a coke from the replicator and started drinking. "Is it just me or is the sex losing it's influence around here?" Chaos asked, but was greeted by Dave's voice. "Most people here have sex with the furries correct?" Everyone nodded. "Well they must have been in heat, now I suppose they're lessening off, so the amount they have will decrease." "Damn!" Chaos said as he walked out, and the others started laughing as the doctor glanced at the clock, 22:01. "I'm gonna go check on Xerxes." He told them as he walked out and started up the stairs, thinking to himself. "Something's not right with this android!"

/\/**

I know that's an abrupt ending, but it's exactly 0:00 on Jan 1st 2004 now, and I have things to do! So I'll get off and stop delaying ya! How was it? Good bad, detestable? Please review!

James, logging out /\/** =/\=

Happy new year all!