Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Watch out, the androids on the loose! ( Chapter 82 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

 

Chap 81: Watch out, the androids on the loose!

 

By: Piccard

 

-Sigh- I knew I'd have to write a chapter like this, I just wasn't prepared for it to be so soon

 

Dark: Soon? After six months?

 

Well it's a metaphor isn't it?

 

Carter: If you say so light, it's all crazy!

 

(Don't you want to just get a knife and ram it up his.)

 

------------------------- /\/**

 

Disclaimer: Allegedly saves the day!

 

Still no Warcraft quotes, but I'm working on it!

 

------------------------- /\/**

 

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" Chaos asked as he walked into the front room, and Bio looked up and smirked. "You never asked!" He told him as Chaos pulled a coke from the replicator and started drinking. "Is it just me or is the sex losing it's influence around here?" Chaos asked, but was greeted by Dave's voice. "Most people here have sex with the furries correct?" Everyone nodded. "Well they must have been in heat, now I suppose they're lessening off, so the amount they have will decrease." "Damn!" Chaos said as he walked out, and the others started laughing as the doctor glanced at the clock, 22:01. "I'm gonna go check on Xerxes." He told them as he walked out and started up the stairs, thinking to himself. "Something's not right with this android!"

 

As he walked past Piccard and Amy's room, he heard sirens in the holodeck, and ran forward just in time to see the doors slam shut. "Computer what the hells going on?" He yelled as he lunged at the control panel, and it responded in it's usual calm voice. "Security alert in process, authorised by Technician Andrews due to live weapons fire." This caused the doctor to stop as he heard a lot of clanking on the other side, and then a voice that sounded like Jon's shouting, "Get help!" before a gunshot, and the voice turned into a scream. as soon as it stopped, the doors opened and Xerxes stood there with Jon's rifle in his hands. His eyes glowed red as he aimed a hefty punch at the doctors emitter, but the hologram managed to dodge it, but only just as Xerxes ran down the corridor, and the Doctor walked into the holodeck.

 

The place had been completely trashed. Bullet holes lined the walls and equipment was broken as the Doctor pulled his medi-kit out of nowhere and started forward, making out two forms through a light layer of smoke, which he easily recognised. Tails stood straight, with nothing more than a light graze on his arm, but Jon had fared much worse. He was lying on the floor, clearly unconscious, but the amount of blood and the bullet hole in his leg, as well as the bruise marks on his head convinced the doctor to think again as he kneeled and started scanning him. (hmm, bullet hole. And he's scanning?!?) Looking slightly worried, the Doctor looked up to Tails, and said, "Better warn the others that Xerxes is on the warpath!" as the fox boy took off, and the Doctor shook his head as he carried on.

 

As he rushed down the stairs, he heard a heavy amount of shooting outside the mansion, and as he ran forward, he saw Xerxes firing rapid rounds after Sonic. "Hold still!" Xerxes screamed as he fired, and Sonic just smiled as he dodged the bullets with ease. "You need aiming work," Sonic started as he ran forward, "Maybe you might hit me sometime!" He finished as he flipped into the air and kicked Xerxes in the side of the head, stunning him slightly as he fell to the floor. "Bad move!" Xerxes yelled as he bought a metallic boot up hard, hitting Sonic whilst Xerxes landed and flipped back up. "For an android, I'm quite a mover!" He shouted as he threw the gun as hard as he could at Sonic before running off down the street.

 

"Piccard!" The doctor shouted as he ran into Piccard's room, catching him and Amy getting dressed. "What is it," Piccard started as he pulled on his com badge, "Better be important!" "Trust me," The doctor told him as the three of them left, and as they entered the holodeck, Jon turned from a nearby console, and Piccard instantly saw the healing job on his leg. "What the heck?" Piccard asked as Jon hobbled over, and tapped a screen to Piccard's left, and a series of diagnostics came up on the screen. "Huh?" "You see Piccard," Jon started as he hissed and rubbed his still stinging leg, "When I did Xerxes's diagnostic after re-assembling him, I activated something that I shouldn't have." Piccard cocked his head as Jon started tapping buttons and a small green area on the picture of Xerxes's matrix flashed. "Seems SHODAN found his shell after all." Jon started, "It's a scrambler program, erasing all feelings of trust and love, and making the android feel confused, agitated and extremely violent." "That's explain the shootings." The Doctor began as he looked at the screen, "But why did it stay hidden for so long?" "It was designed to activate when the android was under maintenance, a time when no one would expect it." "Guess it did it's job then!" Piccard muttered as he walked out.

 

As he walked downstairs, he saw Sonic lying on the couch, and as Piccard walked over he saw a smile on Sonics face. "That android sure puts up a fight!" "Yes, doesn't he?" Piccard said as he sat down opposite and held his head in his hands. "This can't be happening." He muttered, and Sonic heard this as he looked up. "What can't?" "We're losing people like flies!" Piccard moaned. "Julian's been brainwashed, Metal's offline at the moment, and Xerxes has gone berserk. That's three in less than a day!" He literally screamed as he fell back, trying to catch his breath. "I think you're letting this get to you Piccard," Sonic said as he stretched, "You need a vacation!" "Until SHODAN's gone, I ain't stopping!" Piccard said sternly as he stood up. "Right, this has gone on long enough. First of all, we find Xerxes and get him and Metal back up and running. After that, we tackle the Von Braun and the Rickenbacker themselves!" "How?" "You see Sonic," Piccard said as he pulled out a pad and bought up a hologram, "Both ships are linked by a special junction, so there's no need for space travel!" As he pulled the pad back into his pocket, he glanced at the clock. "23:30, We'll catch him in the morning." Piccard sighed as he started up the stairs, pushed open his bedroom door and dived into the bed without a second thought.

 

/\/**

 

"You didn't tell us about the scrambler," the avatar started as she walked into the Von Braun's bridge, "Why?" "I have my own secrets!" SHODAN told her as she continued running diagnostics on the systems. Just then, Carter waked in with a couple of cups. "Anyone want one?" "Not me." SHODAN called as a console exploded in her face, annoying her as she kicked the shit out of it. "Y'know SHODAN," Carter said as he sat down next to where the avatar had moved, "You could really do with some time off." "You mean a vacation?" She asked as she moved to another console, and brushed a wire from her face, "If I set foot on the planet, the irritants will sense me instantly!" "Just thought I'd clear that up." Carter muttered as he sat down and noticed a picture of Xerxes on screen. "What's he done now?" Carter asked, and SHODAN smiled as she turned. "I took the program from the old Poledes computers, it wasn't finished, but it did most of it's job right in corrupting him." "What didn't work?" "He was supposed to be under my control!"

 

/\/**

 

As the alarm clock went off for 9:00am, Jon stirred in his bed and eventually woke up, batting the clock into a wall with the handle of his sword as he got up and walked over to his laptop, and as he turned it on, Tom stirred. "That's the fourth clock this week Jon!" Can't talk, working!" He muttered as he bought up the scrambler codes and Tom looked shocked, "Did I hear you say you were working?" "Miracles do happen!" Jon said as he called on the root codes, and his face started to look confused. "I've seen this somewhere before." He said in shock as Tom pulled on a gown and started to the door, "You want a drink?" "Coke please!" "At 9am?" Tom asked, but when he got no reply he just shook his head and went downstairs.

 

"Morning Tom!" "Huh?" Tom said as he walked over to the replicator to see Shadow standing looking out of the window. "Oh, morning." Tom said as he tapped his commands in and pulled out the drinks. "Where do you think Xerxes is?" Tom asked as he walked over, and Shadow sighed. "To be honest, he could be anywhere by now." This caused Tom to groan as he heard a beeping from his pocket, and after a minute of fumbling around he found his com badge. "Tom here." "It's Jon, I'm afraid I'm the one to blame for this all." Tom groaned as he bought it to his mouth. "We've been over this, it was activated accidentally!" "That's not what I meant," Jon started as he paused a second, "I just reached the end of the program, I am to blame for this!" Before Tom could say anything, Shadow grabbed the badge out of Tom's hand. "Just tell us before I come up there!" They swore they heard Jon squeak. "The last line, it say's"

 

"Scrambler V2.01 Copyright 2983 Weap.Tech.J.Andrews, USS Poledes"

 

/\/**

 

-2 hours later-

 

"So this is your scrambler program then?" Piccard asked as he looked at the screen, and Jon hung his head low. "I knew I'd seen it before!" He muttered as he closed his laptop and turned. "I might be able to restore Xerxes's program, but you'll need to give me a few hours to create a program." "Okay," Piccard started as he grabbed a shotgun, "Shadow, you're with me!" "Nice," The black one started as he followed him, "Where are we going?" "We're going to find Xerxes, and when we do we'll have to neutralise him!" He noticed the looks on the others faces as he sighed, "I'm no more comfortable with this than you are, but it needs to be done!" After a minutes silence, he heard Jon speak up. "I'm coming too! I started this with the program, so I'm gonna end it!" "Okay, we'll take two more," Piccard started as he looked to Tails, "Well two technicians are better than one! Wanna join us?" Piccard said as he stared at the fox, who seemed quite happy with the prospect. "Lastly, and this is gonna seem odd I know, but I wanna take Chaos!" That got everyone talking as Sonic stepped forward. "Are you sure about that Piccard?" "The experience will do him good!"

 

Roughly five minutes after this, the group were in the holodeck practicing as Dave walked in, and he looked slightly amused as he watched Tails charging after Shadow, and Chaos and Jon teaming up on Piccard as he called everyone's attention. "I have an announcement," He started as he made sure they were listening, and that the camera was showing the others his every move. "I'm gonna be of no use to you from now on I'm afraid, this whole SHODAN things a little above my station!" "Hold on," Piccard started, "You aren't talking about leaving are you?" Dave hung his head low, "I am, but my replacements gonna be a big help to you!"

 

As the others pondered these words, a green light rose up and engulfed Dave, and as he started to vanish he called out, "You had no luck finding info on the Von Braun in the time-line, so here's the best method!" "Say what?" Chaos squeaked as they noticed the effluence in the air turning blue, and suddenly there was a bright flash, and a figure in tight blue body armour dropped to the floor. "I don't believe it!" Piccard muttered in surprise as the figure pulled himself up, and as soon as they saw his eye implants it was confirmed. "Reginald Arrowsmith," Piccard started as his smile grew in size, "It's been a while granddad!" "Sure has." Reginald croaked as he pulled himself up. "I've been watching you since Tom and jon came to me for the weapons about two months back, and I must say I have never seen anyone so reckless." Piccard hung his head, but then heard Reginald chuckle, "You must get it from our side of the family, great stuff!" "Wanna train?" Piccard asked as he readied his shotgun, and Reginald smirked as he pulled out a pistol. "I haven't fought in 800 years, I'm still a little rusty!" He joked as he pointed and fired, but Piccard just dodged as the others shook their heads and carried on.

 

/\/**

 

"How the fuck did he get here?" SHODAN spat as she watched over the camera and saw Reginald jumping bullets. "What do you mean?" Carter asked, but she just stormed out as Carter turned to the avatar. "What's her problem?" "Reginald's the one who killed her 800 years ago." Carter muttered something under his breath as he walked up to a nearby replicator and pulled out a can of something. "Did he attack you?" He asked, and the avatar nodded her head, "He took out her entire legion of avatars during the final conflict," She paused as she ran a hand through her turquoise hair, "I was the last to fall, just before SHODAN did." Carter only frowned and lowered his head, "Then it looks as if I'm gonna have to teach him a lesson. . ."

 

/\/**

 

"Okay," Tails started as he readied the Lebanon shuttle and had his mech safely stored in the back, "We spotted Xerxes in the green forest!" "We ain't going yet!" Chaos protested, and Shadow just sighed, "We know, he's just checking the shuttle over!" "Oh right." Chaos muttered and Jon frowned. "And I thought I was thick!" He sneered as Piccard walked up with Reginald, explaining how technology changed over the 8 centuries he was in stasis. "This is fantastic," Reginald said as he looked at the Lebanon, "And your doctor friend is?" "A hologram," Piccard said as they climbed in, "Capable of free thought and actions. All that separates him from you and me is that he's made of light." Reginald had to smile as he followed, and Piccard turned his head. "Before you say anything I'm coming too, I want to see how my old friends doing." "Well," Chaos began as he sat across from Piccard, "Your `old friend' went berserk and tried to kill Jon!" "It was only a bullet wound in the leg!" Jon yelled as he looked in through the top of the doors, and before Piccard could say anything Jon handed some tools over to someone Piccard couldn't see as Shadow leapt in the back. "We ready to go droid hunting?" "Capturing you mean!" Jon muttered as he walked in, and as soon as he did the hatch closed.

 

"Okay, give it a minute to power up." Tails said as he turned his head and saw Piccard staring at the shrunken mech on the floor. "How'd it do that?" "Special compact function," Tails beamed as Chaos looked up, "You invented it right?" The fox boy only smiled as he turned back and started powering the engines as Shadow shook his head. "Chaos, why do you make such a fuss over everything?" "It passes the time." Chaos replied as calmly as he could and Reginald shook his head and turned to Piccard. "He's just like you when you were young." "Exactly," Piccard said as he checked his shotgun, "he's the form of me that I guess you could call a forgotten past." Reginald had to laugh as he watched Chaos trying to grab Jon's laptop before Jon hit him in the cheek and Piccard clicked his fingers. "Mutt, down!" He ordered with more than a modest hint of sarcasm as the firing up of the engines drowned out the laughter as they took off into the air and started off towards the Green Forest.

 

/\/**

 

Next chapter, Android hunt and a modest surprise for you all! (That'd be for the 5 people who reliably read this, and lets say the team of 6 is gonna become 7!) This chapter was a little hard to write for me, but that was because my birthday was yesterday and my mind's been a little phased from feeling a little pissed. (There's a first time for everything! lol) Anyway, how was that one? Good, bad, crap? Please review!

 

Piccard, quitting while ahead! /\/** =/\=