Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Droid hunting in Green forest! ( Chapter 83 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

 

Chap 82: Droid hunting in Green forest!

 

By: Piccard

 

Before this one, I gotta answer one review. Sponge, you made a number of flaws:

 

- Piccard isn't on the Von Braun, he's on the Lebanon shuttle with the others heading to Green Forest.

 

- Not many people know what the avatars really looked like, but those who do have the sense to know that this is a human/ android version as opposed to the robotic version that SHODAN uses in the game.

 

- I know that Tom and Jon are spirits, but Piccard restored them! I know you have a problem with me using resurrected people/ things, but this fic wouldn't be as good if I got rid of them. (I'd have to remove: Tom, Jon, Anaetheron, Jar'din, Dave, Reginald, Carter, SHODAN, her avatar and to an extent Piccard. However, that will be covered later in the fic!)

 

- Dave's departure wasn't meant to be emotional as he's in the spirit realm with Jar'din. Reginald was there and came forward. And the most advanced technology on the Von Braun were the optical implants Reginald has and the VR training scapes. (Plus the VR final level where you fight SHODAN)

 

Right, with those out of the way, I have rather a special announcement, There is a new character in the fic, and shock horror, she isn't one of mine!

 

Dark: Sarcastic bugger!

 

This character was sent to me via e-mail, and I feel pretty sure that I can work her in very well! I have to thank Kye for her, and I know that this is gonna be good!

 

---------------------- /\/**

 

Disclaimer: Not this time, and Sponge, if you leave any more reviews like that. I'll have Bio come round to your house and cross-slash your bollocks with the emerald blade.

 

I finally got The Frozen Throne! Expect more quotes soon!

 

---------------------- /\/**

 

"Okay, give it a minute to power up." Tails said as he turned his head and saw Piccard staring at the shrunken mech on the floor. "How'd it do that?" "Special compact function," Tails beamed as Chaos looked up, "You invented it right?" The fox boy only smiled as he turned back and started powering the engines as Shadow shook his head. "Chaos, why do you make such a fuss over everything?" "It passes the time." Chaos replied as calmly as he could and Reginald shook his head and turned to Piccard. "He's just like you when you were young." "Exactly," Piccard said as he checked his shotgun, "he's the form of me that I guess you could call a forgotten past." Reginald had to laugh as he watched Chaos trying to grab Jon's laptop before Jon hit him in the cheek and Piccard clicked his fingers. "Mutt, down!" He ordered with more than a modest hint of sarcasm as the firing up of the engines drowned out the laughter as they took off into the air and started off towards the Green Forest.

 

"I'm picking up an android signature." Tails said as he looked out of the window, and Piccard pointed past and to a clearing. "We'll land there and decide tactics," Piccard started as the shuttle started slowing, "I gotta feeling this is gonna get hairy." He muttered to himself as the shuttle touched down and the back hatch started open. "So we getta go bang bang?" Chaos yelled as he jumped about and Piccard grabbed the chain gun that he'd got from somewhere and hung from his back. "Now Chaos, This isn't a hunt for bounty!" Piccard said as he chucked Chaos a phaser, and Reginald sighed. "He is just like you used to be!" "Come on!" Piccard muttered as he pulled out a tricorder and started scanning. "I'm getting something from this direction." He told them as he started off, and turned to see Tails climbing out of the shuttle and call on his mech. "I got one in this direction though!"

 

After five minutes of debating, it was decided that Piccard, Reginald and Jon would go one way, and Tails, Shadow and Chaos would go the other. Obviously, Shadow and Tails protested, but Piccard enforced it would be better with one Arrowsmith in the group. "What a load of twaddle!" Shadow muttered as they walked off into the foliage, and Piccard turned to Reginald. "Right, shall we find this android before Mr trigger happy in the orange finds him?" He asked, and Reginald stifled a giggle as he and Jon started turning, and Piccard followed slowly with his shotgun primed.

 

"CHAOS!" Tails yelled as his mech blasted over a ravine, and Shadow sighed as he jumped after. "Honestly, for a Piccard, he sure is fast!" "Got that right!" Tails muttered as he started firing through a dense group of trees, and Shadow started attacking before he and Tails shot over a cliff-edge as the com link beeped. "Tails, It's Jon, you found Xerxes yet?" "Not yet, why?" He heard Jon sigh. "We found our source, it's a worn out robot, so your signature's Xerxes, think you three can track him?" They heard a cough before Shadow came over the link. "That's a problem, Chaos took off down a ravine, and according to the radar, Xerxes is moving towards him." The two of them swore that they heard Piccard mutter something along the lines of "Son of a bitch!" before the link went dead.

 

"Come on," Chaos started as he roasted a branch with a fire charge, "Where are they, I mean it isn't like I ran down a ravine on purpose!" He muttered, knowing full well it was a lie, as he started forward and grabbed a hold of a vine. "This is gonna be sweet!" Chaos yelled as he flung himself into the air, and swung around a large tree several times. However, his usual sensibility kicked in when he forgot to let go, and smashed straight into the tree itself, leaving a large crack in Chaos's armour as he fell onto a nearby platform. "Man, what hit me?" He moaned as he picked himself up and pulled off his helmet, rubbing his eyes as he thought about the situation. "Oh, yea, I smashed into a tree!" He said to recap, and before he could carry on, he heard a light amount of giggling from nearby. "Who's there?" Chaos asked as he readied his pistol, pausing only to add, "I'm armed!" before the ammo clip fell out, and Chaos muttered something under his breath as he knelt down and picked it back up.

 

However, as he slid it back in and raised his head slightly, he heard a light amount of rustling as he saw the base of a black robe appear from through a nearby hedge. "I just made myself look like a right spaz." Chaos thought as he readied his pistol, and slowly started to rise. "These men think they can laugh at a marine, just because," Chaos started, but when he reached chest-height he knew different. "A female?" "Very clever!" He heard her say, and his head snapped up as his orange eyes seemed to dull slightly out of a lack of any more surprise. "I'm Chaos Piccard," He started as he looked her over, she was a hedgehog, very similar to Shadow. The main difference (Other than gender) being that her fur was white instead of black, but like Shadow she had red streaks in her quils, and Chaos noticed her smile as her gold eyes flashed. "I'm Ell." "Well normally I'd say nice to meet you," Chaos started, then he blushed as he looked around embarrassed, "But I'm kinda lost!" She started laughing as Chaos turned, but heard her voice. "Do you know a black hedgehog by the name of Shadow?" Chaos stopped and turned his head slightly. "Kinda ironic as he's one of the people I got separated from!"

 

Roughly five minutes after they started off, Ell learned a valuable lesson: Never travel alone with Chaos Piccard. "Do you ever shut up?" She asked with slight annoyance, and Chaos smiled as he leapt up a small embankment. "Would you rather I talk about something worthwhile?" "Of course," She started as he extended a hand and pulled her up, "Tell me why you, Shadow and the others are here." For the next few minutes, Chaos explained what happened with Xerxes throughout their conquest, and now they were here looking for him. "So," Ell started as they turned a corner, "What does he look like?" Before Chaos could tell her, he heard a gunshot, and saw Xerxes ahead, blocking the path with Jon's rifle poised as Chaos bought up his pistol. "Exactly like that!" He told her as he fired several rounds, and they all rebounded off Xerxes's hide as he smirked. "Bad luck Arrowsmith," He started as he aimed the rifle straight at Chaos, "Bullets don't work, now, my turn!" He shouted as he pressed the trigger hard, and Chaos quickly bought his hands up and started waving them rapidly, creating a bubble that caught the bullets. "Did you forget that I have magic like the others, Xerxes?" He asked with a sinister smirk as he stopped waving his arms, and yelled, "Chaotic redirection!" Flinging the bullets after Xerxes, who took them all and roared in agony. "That's it," Chaos thought as he readied a chaos sphere, "Jon uses armour piercing rounds in that thing!"

 

"I heard shooting," Reginald shouted as he ran straight through a bush and grabbed a vine as Piccard and Jon caught up. "An assault rifle, and there are only two people here who own rifles: Jon and Me. Since mine's in your armoury, we know who it is!" "XERXES!" Piccard yelled as his boots glowed, allowing him to take flight as Reginald grabbed Jon and they both took off over the cliff, meeting Piccard on the other side, and he was floating above the ground as he smiled. "For an old geezer, you're pretty agile." "Well I maybe in my 60's," Reginald started as he pulled out a small orb, "But I'm as agile as I was in my 20's!" "Is that a psi-amp?" Piccard interrupted as they all took off down a tunnel of vines. "It is, and looking at Dark, I'm guessing it passes in the genes." Piccard had to smile as they shot out of the end, and as they all crashed into a wall and fell to the floor, they heard a light amount of laughing and saw Shadow and Tails there. "Guessing you heard it as well." "No time to talk!" Piccard shouted as he flung his fist and the trees parted, "We gotta help Chaos!"

 

A couple of minutes later, they arrived at the source of the battle, and the first thing the group noticed was Xerxes grab a hold of Chaos's arm and swing him around violently, smashing him into a wall and effectively knocking him unconscious as his helmet was smashed completely. "Déjà vu or what?" Piccard thought as he noticed Xerxes turn away from them and towards a white hedgehog. "You think you can take me?" She muttered as she adopted a fighting stance, but before Xerxes started walking, he noticed Piccard starting to move. "Take one more step and your Chaos form gets it!" He warned as he readied the rifle. However, the rifle immediately vanished, and as he looked around in confusion, he noticed Piccard handing it to Jon. "Xerxes this has gone far enough," Piccard started as Shadow snuck past Xerxes through the foliage, "We know about the scrambler program, but we have the advantage! Jon made it, so he can counter it!" "Got that right!" Jon shouted as he pulled a green disk from his laptop. "This contains the antidote, I need to get it into Xerxes's system, cover me!" He yelled as he ran forward, breaking into a sprint, followed by a roll as Xerxes aimed an Iron fist. "Gotta stun without hurting." Piccard said as he focused magic, and noticed Reginald's amp glowing orange. "Use fire!" He shouted as he pointed it and yelled, "Pyrokenesis!" as he shot a flame orb.

 

"Ell," Shadow started as he reached her, and she looked up and smiled. "It's been a while hasn't it?" "I know," Shadow started, but before he could continue, they heard a yell as Xerxes threw Jon over his shoulder and slammed him into Chaos, effectively knocking jon out, but bringing Chaos back as he noticed the slumped technician over him, and as he started to get up, he noticed the disk in Jon's hand. "Is that what I think it is?" Chaos asked as he picked it up and looked at the back of Xerxes's torso, seeing a disk slot. "I'm such a bastard!" Chaos muttered to himself with a few giggles as he ran forwards and leapt onto Xerxes's back. "Guess whose back?" Chaos whispered as he reached down and tried to insert the disk, but with Xerxes flailing and spinning his arms repeatedly into Chaos, it was difficult. "If you could deal with the arms," Chaos started as he endured the pain, "I'd be more than grateful!"

 

"Piccard," Reginald began, "Want me to stop him?" "How?" Piccard asked, but Reginald shot another pulse out of the orb, but this one was blue, and as soon as it hit Xerxes it stopped him in his tracks. "Nice trick Granddad!" Chaos said as he stuck the disk in the slot, and noticed Jon starting to stir. "Where's the disk?" He shouted with a modest sense of alarm, "You can thank me later!" Chaos said as he jumped down from Xerxes's back, and Jon noticed the disk in the androids back. "Okay, get him back to the shuttle, and I'll work on purging it on the way back!" Jon ordered as Piccard and Reginald pulled the android up and latched him to the back of Tails's mech as they started off, closely followed by Ell and Shadow. Jon walked up to Chaos. "So you can be responsible then, can you?" "Well a lady asked for my services," Chaos started as he walked after them, "And I wouldn't have let her down!" He said as Jon had to smile, and as he started after them, he couldn't help thinking, "Spoken like an Arrowsmith alright, and that's just the accent!"

 

/\/**

 

Several hours later Piccard was outside the Lebanon shuttle, talking with Ell about what things would be like at the mansion as she'd decided to join them. "All that doesn't matter," She started as she walked up the ramp, "As long as we get through it!" "Decent philosophy," Piccard said as he started after her, "Everyone finds this surprising, but I'm not into violence." Ell only smiled as she sat next to Shadow, and Jon linked his laptop up to Xerxes from where he was on the floor. "This is gonna be easy," He started as he accessed the core program, "Whatever convinced SHODAN to use my beta version for this?" This had Piccard laughing as Tails looked over from the front. "We ready to head to the mansion?" "Make it so number one!" Piccard gloated, and Reginald merely smiled as he looked over to Chaos. "So what convinced you to take on Xerxes one on one, and then leap on his back to deactivate him?" "You know," Chaos started as the shuttle took off, "I don't really know." Reginald glanced at Ell, who was talking with Shadow, and he couldn't help but smirk as a thought entered his mind. "What are you smirking at?" Piccard whispered to him, but as he saw Reginald glancing between Chaos and Ell, Piccard shook his head slowly. "I don't think Chaos looks at girls yet, and it's obvious that she likes Shadow." "Still," Reginald whispered, "It wouldn't surprise me if he did attempt something." And Piccard only sighed as the shuttle carried on back to the mansion.

 

/\/**

 

You gotta agree, I'm getting incredibly good at this! But anyway, that's Chap. 82 done! And I know that it's shorter than usual, but I enjoyed typing it. And with a new character here, it's gonna be great! (Let's see how I can embarrass Chaos next!) But anyway, how was it? good, bad, crap? Please review!

 

Piccard, logging out! /\/**