Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Back to a battle and tactical discussions in several realities! ( Chapter 84 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

 

Chap 83: Back to a battle and tactical discussions in several realities!

 

By: Piccard

 

Sorry for the lack of updates over the past few days, but I'd been temporarily barred for trying a tournament fic. Anyway, I am here now, and will continue this fic for my loyal fans.

 

Carter: Of which there are few!

 

:Points gun back and shoots Carter in the head: I always wanted to do that!

 

Dark: Wait til further in the fic Light!

 

------------------- /\/**

 

Disclaimer: Was a long way back, search for it on google!

 

You swore to avenge? Avenge what, fact I have new quotes?

 

------------------- /\/**

 

Several hours later Piccard was outside the Lebanon shuttle, talking with Ell about what things would be like at the mansion as she'd decided to join them. "All that doesn't matter," She started as she walked up the ramp, "As long as we get through it!" "Decent philosophy," Piccard said as he started after her, "Everyone finds this surprising, but I'm not into violence." Ell only smiled as she sat next to Shadow, and Jon linked his laptop up to Xerxes from where he was on the floor. "This is gonna be easy," He started as he accessed the core program, "Whatever convinced SHODAN to use my beta version for this?" This had Piccard laughing as Tails looked over from the front. "We ready to head to the mansion?" "Make it so number one!" Piccard gloated, and Reginald merely smiled as he looked over to Chaos. "So what convinced you to take on Xerxes one on one, and then leap on his back to deactivate him?" "You know," Chaos started as the shuttle took off, "I don't really know." Reginald glanced at Ell, who was talking with Shadow, and he couldn't help but smirk as a thought entered his mind. "What are you smirking at?" Piccard whispered to him, but as he saw Reginald glancing between Chaos and Ell, Piccard shook his head slowly. "I don't think Chaos looks at girls yet, and it's obvious that she likes Shadow." "Still," Reginald whispered, "It wouldn't surprise me if he did attempt something." And Piccard only sighed as the shuttle carried on back to the mansion.

 

As they entered range, they noticed a large dust cloud over the mansion, and Piccard tutted in wonder. "Well either Rouge is cooking again," He started, getting a laugh from several people, "Or we've arrived in the middle of a fight!" Quick as a flash he summoned his staff and started glowing blue before he looked to Chaos. "You proved yourself well back there, wanna come with?" He offered, and Chaos leapt up and over to Light as Tails turned his head. "How about us?" "Land the shuttle and join us when you're ready!" Piccard said as he and Chaos vanished, and Jon looked up from where he was doing Xerxes. "Okay I purged his systems, and he's gonna be alright!" He started as he saw what Tails was doing. "How'd you like a break?" Jon offered, and Tails cocked his head in confusion as Jon smiled. "Let's just say I haven't flown a shuttle since before the Poledes went."

 

On the ground, Piccard and Chaos materialised, and almost immediately Piccard had to roll away from a Sabreclaw as Chaos fired a bolt straight into it. "Light, Chaos!" They heard a voice call, and they turned to see Dark. "Welcome to the slaughterhouse, kill whatever you like!" He yelled as he smashed a revenant, and Piccard chuckled. "Xerxes put up more of a fight than these guys didn't he?" "I should say," Chaos started as he started glowing orange, and fired a charge forward, taking down a legion of mancubus as he noticed a being in green further ahead. "Hey Light," Chaos called as Piccard turned, "Carter's here!" "Oh goody." Piccard muttered as his staff glowed blue, and he shot a concentrated pulse at Carter.

 

"What the heck?" Carter yelled as a bright blue pulse shot past and he rotated his head to see Piccard and Chaos. "Should've known they'd return!" He muttered as he slashed at Bio, who just countered with his own blade. "Give it up Carter," He started as he backflipped and smiled, "We know your weakness!" He hammered his badge. "Bio to the Doctor, get him!" He yelled, and Carter screamed as several phaser bolts shot out of the mansion and hit him head on. "Carter to Von Braun," He started as he swung his blade and hit Bio in the side of the helmet, "Get me back now!" Bio only looked on slightly annoyed as Carter vanished in a column of green light, and as he turned he saw Piccard and Chaos fighting a behemoth.

 

"How'd she get ANOTHER Cyberdemon?" Chaos yelled as he dodged the launcher heading towards him, and Piccard tried using a Pyro siege, but it merely bounced off. "Dunno, but it has magic immunity!" "Just great!" They heard another voice say, and they turned to see Dark hovering in front of the demon, trying to blast him with dark bolts. "Now you tell me!" Dark yelled down as he started hovering around the rockets that came his way, and Piccard sighed. "Chaos, do me a favour." "Okay, what is it?" He said with slight anticipation, but as he saw Piccard staring at the beasts launcher Chaos shook his head. "I may be thick, but I ain't stupid!" "Chaos," Piccard started as he smiled, "After watching you back in the forest, I learned one thing: You may be psychotic, but you can do anything!" Chaos only smiled as he turned and started hovering.

 

"God sake Jon," Shadow shouted as the shuttle flipped and bolted down towards the demon, "You'll get us killed!" "Now I remember why they didn't let me pilot anymore," Jon muttered as he aimed the phasers. "I crashed the last three shuttles in a row!" That had everyone worried as he started firing, and as they heard the demon roar, the com beeped. "Tails, what are you doing?" They heard Piccard say, and Jon smirked as he pressed he button. "Change of pilot here Piccard, see how SHODAN runs when Andrews is on the case!" "Jon, with you on the case I fear for everyone on the shuttle." He said before a brief flash of blue, and as Jon looked around, he noticed everyone gone as he heard Tom speak over the link. "Now you are a VERY capable pilot Jon," He started as Jon heard several shotgun shells fire, "But you have a habit of blowing things up more than Piccard does!" As he closed the link, Jon looked at the onboard clock, 23:45.

 

As the others materialised in the holodeck, they noticed it was still set to the repair bay, and as the group started leaving, Xerxes stirred and moved a hand to his head. "Where am I?" He groaned as he sat up, and as he looked up a foot smashed into the side of the head, flooring him again. "What was that for?" He said as he looked up, and came eye to eye with Ell. "Trying to kill me." She muttered as she sat down and beckoned to Shadow. "One minute he's trying to kill us, now he's friendly. What's going on here?" As Shadow explained it to her, Xerxes looked over at Metal, seeing he was nearly fully reassembled. "Metal, what have I done?" Xerxes thought as he started looking over Metal's components. "I go berserk when you get offlined, I thought I'd manage my run time better than that." As he spoke these words, he failed to notice the monitor to his right starting to flash as he spoke again. "How can I make this up to you?" Suddenly, Xerxes did a double take as he heard a voice say, "Don't do it again!" and Metal turned over, sitting up and smirking at Xerxes. "Can you tell me what I missed?"

 

/\/**

 

"This is getting silly!" Robotnik said as Carter walked through the door looking like a wreck, and SHODAN sighed. "The stronger the irritants get, the weaker we become." Before she could continue, she heard a cough and turned to Snivley. "What is it needle-nose?" She demanded, and he recoiled slightly, "If I may say so," He started as his nose bobbed up and down, causing Carter to snigger, "I'd have thought one as great as yourself would have them gone by now." SHODAN sighed and banged her head into a nearby terminal as the avatar spoke up, "Carter is SHODAN's ultimate, if he's easily beaten, we have to seriously rethink our strategy!" "I AM NOT EASILY BEATEN!" Carter yelled, startling everyone, "They just got a lucky break!" "Sure." Snivley muttered as he started tapping buttons on a terminal, making a startling discovery. "SHODAN, we lost shielding on the med-sci deck, cause unknown!" SHODAN growled as she accessed the security files, and saw a familiar figure in green destroy the panel. "I hate him." She muttered as she beamed back what remained of her forces and went to offline.

 

/\/**

 

"God above who'd be me?" Piccard muttered as he pulled of his armour and jumped onto the bed, seeing Amy asleep as he climbed under and closed his eyes. "Hopefully, all this fighting will end soon." He muttered as he closed his eyes and started drifting off, only to hear a familiar voice. "Unfortunately Light, the fight's only just begun." As Piccard looked around, he noticed he was back in the council chamber with the other Arrowsmiths, and as he turned to Chaos he smiled. "I know Chaos, but as long as we keep the fight on the Von Braun, no one here will be hurt!" "Still," They both looked over to see Bio next to a hologram, "There's no guarantee that we'll keep the whole of her force on the Von Braun." "Why say that?" Piccard asked, and Dark spoke up. "We'll have to disable the transporters and gateways when we get there, so put simply," He paused for a moment for effect as he noticed the others glaring, "Our next target, is the Von Braun itself!"

 

"They'll fail!" Reginald said as he sat in the spirit realm with the others, and Dave looked up from his shotgun. "You need more faith Reginald," He started as Jar'din shook his head, "My boy is more powerful than we thought, besides, you took her out first time round, now it's his turn!" "Shouldn't we try and help?" Jar'din asked as he started messing with his hair, and Reginald looked on. "At the moment, only one of us can be present in reality at a time, however, there seem to be various methods that can allow us to appear." That got Dave's attention as he lay his gun down and looked at Reginald straight, "How so?" "Well," He started as he checked them off on his fingers, "Dave was able to assist them after Bio arrived at the icon of sin, and I was able to go when the Von Braun security was breached, but I had to wait for Dave to return." "So what about me?" Jar'din asked as Dave turned. "I think your force revolves on D'sparil, J." Reginald said as the Sylvan sighed. "Ironic that I put my fate in the hands of that warlock!"

 

/\/**

 

"WAKE UP!" Amy shouted, shaking the mansion as Piccard literally flew out of bed and hit his head on the ceiling, making her laugh. "What time is it?" He asked groggily as he crawled back under the covers and kissed her, making her smile as she glanced at the clock, "It's 9:16, and I thought you might want waking up." "At this ungodly hour?" Piccard said with a modest hint of sarcasm as he wrapped his arms around her. Suddenly the door creaked open, and Jon sauntered in with a cup in his hands and a grin on his face. "Not interrupting am I?" He asked as he handed Piccard the cup, and the marine smirked. "Not yet Jon, but if you'd waited a few minutes you might have!" He said as he took a drink, and then got slapped by Amy. "What was that for?" Piccard yelped as he rubbed his head, and Amy smirked. "Just because you're obsessed with sex?" "And you aren't?" Piccard asked as Jon walked out. Amy only laughed as she threw Piccard's uniform over, and as he got up he saw her dealing with her underwear. "I do have an announcement to give everyone actually," Piccard started as he straightened his uniform, "But we can't act on it immediately."

 

In the city Sonic and Shadow were on a morning run, with an unexpected third opponent. "Come on Chaos," Sonic called over his shoulder as Chaos started to slow, and Shadow smirked, "Perhaps you marines are losing your flair after all." "Sure you two are as well." Chaos said as he pointed in front of them, and as they turned back Ell blazed past and took a large lead. "How does she do it?" Sonic asked as he turned the corner and noticed Shadow rip past him. "I am losing it!" Sonic said as he crossed the finish third, and Chaos came a dead last before collapsing. "Well done." Shadow said as Sonic started muttering something about cheating, and Bio ran over and helped Chaos back into the mansion, where Piccard was waiting for everyone to appear.

 

An hour and three cups of Earl Grey later, Piccard was ready to speak as he noticed Ell looking slightly confused. "Sorry about this, but you arrived at perhaps the hardest time." He whispered to her as he stood up and addressed them all. "I wish this was good," Piccard started as he looked around. "But SHODAN is getting stronger day by day, as are her force." "Please explain," Sonic shouted, "This is confusing." "Sonic my friend," Piccard started, "You have to agree that SHODAN is more powerful than anything you have ever faced, don't you?" The hedgehog shook his head as Dark took charge. "Over the past week or so I have been studying the Von Braun from old records and data samples that Reginald left Piccard." He told them as he called on a hologram, "Now the Von Braun isn't our only threat, This area on top," He pointed, and to their surprise it came off, "Is the Rickenbacker, a heavy destroyer of the UNN." As they looked closer at it, a green bubble flickered, and Amy raised an eyebrow. "What's that?" "The reason we can't go straight there and kill her, this bubble prevents all transports from outside the ship." "So how do we get up there?" Tails asked, and Jon looked up. "Am I guessing that we'll need the shuttle for this?" "Yes, but you ain't piloting it!"

 

Over the next hour, the Piccard's, with a little help from Reginald, manage to tell the others all about the Von Braun. Reginald was the only one who could tell them of the Rickenbacker, but since he'd blazed it so quick there wasn't much. "So when do we go?" "Not yet Shadow," Chaos said in an unusually smart voice, "We need to train to our full. Believe us, if you think what she sent here was tough, think again!" "He speaks the truth," Xerxes said as he walked in from seeing to Metal in the holodeck, "She took over my data loop with his help." "I didn't know she was evil then!" Reginald whined, and Piccard only sighed, "That doesn't matter, what matters is that we get about training immediately." He looked around the room and stared at everyone in turn. "I know I've been holding some of you back, but I assure you all, that everyone here WILL have a part in SHODAN's downfall!"

 

/\/**

 

Right, I'll finish that there, coz I want to do more on my other fics and my fatigue is getting to the `sleep or die!' stage. But anyway, how was that one? Good, Bad, utterly pointless? Please review!

 

Piccard, outta here! /\/** =/\=