Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Training, A mass battle and the power of D’sparil revealed! ( Chapter 85 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

 

Chap 84: Training, A mass battle and the power of D'sparil revealed!

 

By: Piccard

 

Yes, this one's gonna have plenty of action further on. Just give me time to work on it.

 

Dark: You always spend the same amount of time regardless though.

 

You're going about meeting the same fate as Carter did last intro if you carry on like that!

 

------------------- /\/**

 

Disclaimer: Nowhere, next!

 

Damn the quotes!

 

------------------- /\/**

 

Over the next hour, the Piccard's, with a little help from Reginald, manage to tell the others all about the Von Braun. Reginald was the only one who could tell them of the Rickenbacker, but since he'd blazed it so quick there wasn't much. "So when do we go?" "Not yet Shadow," Chaos said in an unusually smart voice, "We need to train to our full. Believe us, if you think what she sent here was tough, think again!" "He speaks the truth," Xerxes said as he walked in from seeing to Metal in the holodeck, "She took over my data loop with his help." "I didn't know she was evil then!" Reginald whined, and Piccard only sighed, "That doesn't matter, what matters is that we get about training immediately." He looked around the room and stared at everyone in turn. "I know I've been holding some of you back, but I assure you all, that everyone here WILL have a part in SHODAN's downfall!"

 

"Hold up." Jon shouted, grabbing Piccard's attention, "What happens if we botch this completely?" "Jon," Dark started as he smirked, "We won't fail, but think of this: If we do fall, then the planet does next!" That shut him up as Piccard coughed for attention. "Take as long as you need to get up to standards, but this isn't gonna be like anything you ever faced." He warned them as he walked out, and Reginald sighed. "He's right, you know, If you thought that what you fought here was powerful, then you're gonna be in for a VERY big shock!"

 

Roughly half an hour later, Piccard and Chaos were in the holodeck in a heated battle as the Doctor walked in. "Piccard, could I have a quick word?" He stopped in mid-strike as he turned his head, and Chaos got the message as he deactivated the program. "Okay Doc, what's on your mind?" Piccard asked, and the Doctor turned. "I may have been online for over 6 centuries, but there's one thing I want to say." He paused before Chaos walked over, and heard the Doctor say, "I'm scared!" Piccard did a double take as he stared at the medic. "Doc, you've beaten things I could never dream of, how can you be scared?" "Because back on voyager we didn't have rogue computers trying to completely conquer everything." Chaos cocked his head as he coughed, wanting attention. "Doc, I didn't think you knew fear?" "I do value my life you know!" He shouted as Chaos recoiled, and Piccard knew this would take a while.

 

Outside the mansion, Sonic and Shadow were having a sparring match and getting quite a crowd. "If what Piccard said was true, then you'll need to improve faker!" Sonic shouted as he avoided a chaos spear, and Shadow sneered. "You're the one who needs training faker, you've normally hit me once by now." That got Sonic mad as he fired a sonic wind, catching Shadow slightly off guard as they heard a chuckle from the door, and Shadow glared as he Ell smirking, "Do you mind?" He started as he pulled himself up, "I'm trying to thrash him on my own." Another quick smash sent him into the ground again as Ell laughed, "Sure you don't want a hand?" Shadow didn't answer as Sonic span, and as he blasted forward, got quite a shock as Shadow flipped up and shouted two words, "Chaos Control!" Landing behind Sonic and firing another Chaos spear, sending Sonic into the mud as a figure joined Ell in the doorway. "Just how long are they gonna go on with this?" "Give them a chance Tom."

 

/\/**

 

"This is getting out of hand!" SHODAN screamed as she sat with the others, "Every time they aren't fighting, at least one of them is training!" "I preferred the old methods," the avatar started as she shook her head, "Back when all they did was have sex." "True" Carter finished as he drank from a small can, and the door opened as Robotnik squeezed through the frame. "I have Snivley's report here SHODAN." He told her as he handed a pad over, and SHODAN smirked, "Let's see what needle-nose has to report." She said with glee, but this soon turned into a frown as she smashed the pad into a console. "He struck again! Hydroponics deck lighting systems!" "Who the hell is he?" Carter asked as he formed his blade, and SHODAN smirked as she sensed something. "The new magic barriers are in place, he's trapped on board!" She shouted as she turned to the avatar. "Go down there my dear and root him out, take as many soldiers as you need." As she ran out, SHODAN noticed Carter looking at her with a look of disdain. "I need your help here for my next plan, this has gone far enough," She started as she activated a console, "Attention all decks, new orders for you." She paused as she glanced evilly at Carter, who knew what she was going to say and smirked back as SHODAN said only one line.

 

"I want that city levelled! Destroy it completely and everyone in it!"

 

/\/**

 

"Piccard," Chaos said as he pulled away from the doctor long enough to get Piccard's attention. "I just sensed something!" "I did too!" Piccard said as he shot out and flew down the stairs as Reginald stood in the doorway. "What's wrong?" "I sensed something more immense than before!" Piccard told him as they both bolted out, seeing Bio and the sonic team both ready as a gate opened and SHDOAN appeared. "Long time no see Arrowsmiths!" She said as the others glared, but her sights were set past them and onto a man in blue. "Reginald, I missed you," She started, but frowned as his pistol was trailed on her. "Don't think I forgive you SHODAN, you did try killing me!" "Well you killed me irritant!" She spat as Carter materialised behind her, and SHODAN turned, "Carter, you know when to give the order. The forces are under your control, do as you please!" Carter only nodded as SHODAN vanished.

 

"Y'know freak," Carter began as he aimed his rifle, "It amazes me as to how much you actually despise SHODAN, even though you know your death is inevitable!" "Carter I thought you might have noticed by now," Piccard began, "That I ain't going down without a fight!" "Just as I was hoping!" Carter turned back to his forces and laughed, "You have your orders, LEVEL THE PLACE!" He screamed as he vanished, and as the demons all ripped off in different directions, Piccard started to panic, "How are we supposed to defeat this lot?" "Relax," Piccard span to see Sonic, "We have it under control!" He told the marine before zipping into the distance. "Piccard, I have a method," Piccard turned and smiled, "D'sparil, please tell me this involves your disciples." "You guessed it!" He shouted as his staff and body started glowing, and within an instant, hundreds of disciples materialised around the city before D'sparil crashed to the ground unconscious.

 

"C'mon Shadow," Sonic shouted as they jetted through the streets, bashing everything that got in their way, and Shadow smirked. "Whatever faker, just know that this isn't a race." "I know." Sonic muttered as they bolted through a pair of imps, and stopped dead in front of a cyberdemon. "How many has she got?" Shadow asked as he span through it's metallic leg, causing it to fall and explode. "That must have been the weakest!" He added whilst trying to hold in some laughs as to how feeble it was.

 

"Tails, anything powerful near here?" Jon shouted up to Tails as his mech flattened a hybrid, and Jon ran by the side, "Bunch of Baron's to the left." He told jon as they turned, and Jon went white as he saw about eight barons stop what they were doing and start lumbering towards them. "Eat this!" He yelled as he pointed his rifle and fired as many rounds as he could, not killing any, but he did weaken them as Tails took aim. "Now it's my turn!" He shouted as he pressed a button, and several bright blue torpedoes shot from the top. Jon had to smirk as three barons were killed by the blasts, and the remaining five were ripped apart by bazooka and rifle fire. "We make a good team!" Jon shouted as Tails started off, leaving a slightly shocked Jon to catch up.

 

Over at the central park, Knuckles, Rouge and Tom arrived to find a group of demons ripping the place apart. "Bastards!" tom shouted as he ran forward and kicked one in the side of the head, before pulling out a holo-dagger and thrusting it between it's eyes. "Calm down Admiral!" Rouge laughed as she glided forward, catching Knuckles going underground before sending a demon flying from just below the ground. "They just never learn do they?" He gloated as he punched another, flooring it as Tom turned, "I guess Piccard was right about the Von Braun being harder than this." "If that's the case," Rouge started as she took to the air, "Then we're in for a rough ride." Before Tom could respond, he heard a whimper and looked towards a corner. "Damn it!" Tom said openly as he saw a group of demons hording a group of kids into a corner. "Okay demons, try surrounding this," Tom said as he bought his hands to his head and began to focus as white light appeared. "Spirit blast!" He yelled, shooting the pulse and evaporating the demons as he smiled, then fell into semi-consciousness as he continued to fight.

 

/\/**

 

No matter how hard the group tried, they knew that they couldn't save the whole city, and as Piccard looked on in alarm, the Doctor ran up. "I detected GUN military robots in the city helping us against SHODAN's hordes, but they're losing as well." "Any help's better than no help Doc." Piccard said as he summoned his staff and started a psychic link with Dark. "Dark, we can't carry on with this!" "Why not use the Armageddon strike?" Piccard looked up with alarm, "Dark, I want this place to stay intact thanks." That caused Dark to laugh before he spoke again. "Look Light, I know there isn't much we can do, but remember that magic can restore the city." "And what about the people that died?" Surprisingly to Piccard, the link went dead after this as Piccard sat down and put his head in his hands. "Come on Piccard," He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Amy, "Can't you just resurrect those who died?" "Much as I'd like too, resurrection is hard to cast. I could raise about six people whilst staying in my limits."

 

"This is getting out of hand!" Jon yelled as he and Tails came out back at the mansion, noticing Piccard now on the roof deflecting various attacks into the atmosphere. "We gotta defend the mansion" Tails shouted down as he took off forward, and just before Jon could run after him, he noticed Tom dragging himself down the street. "What happened?" Jon asked as he ran over, but Tom just collapsed without saying a word. "Man, I gotta work on greetings!" Jon moaned as he dragged Tom back in, and as he re-emerged, a tall pillar of green light appeared before him, and SHODAN walked out, making Jon scream. "Jon to all hands!" He yelled as he hammered his badge, but SHODAN bought her fist up, punching Jon square in the chin and knocking him out. "That was easy enough." She thought as she looked up and started in, however, she wasn't counting on the speeding form that shot her back out and landed in front of her, and as she saw who it was she narrowed her eyes. "Chaos." "I've been waiting to fight you," Chaos began as he glowed orange, "And I thought the others wouldn't give me a chance!"

 

"What the hell is Chaos doing?" Bio called as he hammered an arch-viles head in and looked back to see the chaotic one engaged in a fist fight with SHODAN herself. "He won't survive alone!" Bio said as he started to hover, and shot across the ground with his blade outstretched. However, before he hit, SHODAN spun, causing him to fly into the ground with a loud "Argh!" Of pain as he leapt up, span and started slashing, much to the dismay of SHODAN. "You could have been so much more, irritant!" She seethed as the wires on her head moved to counter the blows, and Bio smirked as he spun his blade round and tried stabbing her low. "I prefer freedom!"

 

On the other side of the town about fifteen minutes, Dark and D'sparil cleared up the last of a group of Mancubuses, and as they started back, Dark stopped and focused on something. "D'sparil, hurry!" He said as he took off, and as the warlock caught up, he noticed the large scale fight. "What is it?" He yelled over the noise, and Dark pointed, "Down there, against SHODAN!" D'sparil looked, and got the scare of his life as he noticed Chaos unconscious on the floor, and SHODAN towering over a weakening Bio. "You should never have defected in the first place!" She screamed as she kicked him head, and as D'sparil looked to the side, he noticed several other alliance members on the floor as well, including Piccard, who was just starting to get up. "Can't risk getting too close," D'sparil muttered as his staff glowed blue, and as he watched her kick Bio again he thrust his staff forward. "EAT THIS BITCH!" He screamed as a large sphere of lightning shot out, and SHODAN screamed as it surrounded her, giving D'sparil time to run down and push Bio out of the way as she came to her senses. "You want to die too?" She asked teasingly as the wind blew D'sparil's hood off, and his purple hair started blowing in the breeze as he aimed his staff. "For my friends, I'll fight to the end!" He yelled, and no-one was prepared for what happened next.

 

The golden crossed trident on the front of D'sparil's cloak started glowing intensely, and as SHODAN tried moving forward, a sudden flash stopped her in her tracks. "What the fuck?" D'sparil said as the blue glow around his staff turned a reddish-grey, and Piccard looked up with a similar expression as everyone else started coming round. "I feel strange," D'sparil started as the glow intensified, and as energy started surging out of him, he looked up with glowing green eyes. "Counter this SHODAN!" He yelled as he focused the energy to a point on his right, and as the bolt hit the ground, the group were shocked by the lack of an explosion, and SHODAN laughed triumphantly. "Look again." D'sparil said, and as she did, her face bore a look of horror as the red glow lingered on the spot, before flying up and starting to take a human form, after several minutes of swirling and splitting, there was a bright flash as the energy conjoined, and everyone looked on as a grey caped man stood in red battle armour, brandishing a strange skull-tipped staff as he stared at SHODAN. "Time to end this round!" He yelled as he fired a stream of red energy, and Dark ran up to Piccard, "Who the heck is that?" He yelled, and both Piccard and D'sparil said the same thing in shock and awe.

 

"Jar'din Arrowsmith!"

 

/\/** =/\=

 

Sorry for that delay, I really didn't feel in the mood to type that one when I started it, so it took me 4 days to finish. But I hope you all liked it, coz I worked extra hard to get this one out too you. Anyway, how was that overall? Good, Bad, awful? Please review!

 

Piccard, signing out! /\/** =/\=