Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Attack by the ancient, Jon the inventor and a plan for the Von Braun! ( Chapter 86 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

 

Chap 85: Attack by the ancient, Jon the inventor and a plan for the Von Braun!

 

By: Piccard

 

Oo boy, here we are, as you can probably guess from the last part of the title, the end is in sight.

 

Sponge: whoo!

 

EVENTUALLY! You see, since hardly anyone has actually completed System Shock 2 (Let alone play it!) You have no idea just how big each deck of the Von Braun really is. (It's gonna take a lot longer yet, so don't panic by this fic coming to an end in about 500 chapters!)

 

---------------------- /\/**

 

Disclaimer: I own the NFA, and not the Sonic team or anyone I nicked!

 

If I did, well, would I really be here, impressing you with my epic?

 

---------------------- /\/**

 

The golden crossed trident on the front of D'sparil's cloak started glowing intensely, and as SHODAN tried moving forward, a sudden flash stopped her in her tracks. "What the fuck?" D'sparil said as the blue glow around his staff turned a reddish-grey, and Piccard looked up with a similar expression as everyone else started coming round. "I feel strange," D'sparil started as the glow intensified, and as energy started surging out of him, he looked up with glowing green eyes. "Counter this SHODAN!" He yelled as he focused the energy to a point on his right, and as the bolt hit the ground, the group were shocked by the lack of an explosion, and SHODAN laughed triumphantly. "Look again." D'sparil said, and as she did, her face bore a look of horror as the red glow lingered on the spot, before flying up and starting to take a human form, after several minutes of swirling and splitting, there was a bright flash as the energy conjoined, and everyone looked on as a grey caped man stood in red battle armour, brandishing a strange skull-tipped staff as he stared at SHODAN. "Time to end this round!" He yelled as he fired a stream of red energy, and Dark ran up to Piccard, "Who the heck is that?" He yelled, and both Piccard and D'sparil said the same thing in shock and awe.

 

"Jar'din Arrowsmith!"

 

"Woah, time out," Sonic called over the firing, "You mean that guy in the red is your oldest ancestor?" "Yup!" Piccard said with a hint of satisfaction as he watched Jar'din tear straight for SHODAN, who couldn't believe her eyes as she only just countered the energy. "I don't understand," She screamed as a second barrage caught her in the leg, "MY magic blocker should have done the trick!" Jar'din only laughed, "We Sylvans use more basic forms of magic than the Piccards do, so we can't be blocked by your advanced methods!" SHODAN laughed in spite of feeling a little down as her arms morphed to wire tentacles, "You aren't the only one with new tricks Jar'din," She started as she plunged them down, and they shot across the ground. "SHODAN," Jar'din started as he just crossed his arms and smirked, "Didn't D'sparil tell you just how powerful I was?" Before she could reply, he clapped his hands and yelled "Wings of Wrath!" Shocking SHODAN as a pair of bright gold wings appeared on Jar'dins back and he took off as the tentacles harmlessly tried following, but he just span and pointed a gold tipped staff downwards. "Elvenwand!" He yelled as several crystals shot from the end, coursing down and slicing each wire in turn.

 

"For an old guy," Ell started as she stood close to Shadow, "He's good." "Seeing as he's Piccard's ancestor, I wouldn't have expected anything less." Shadow told her as they embraced, and as they did, they failed to notice a moping Chaos several feet away. "Why do I never get the girls?" He pouted as he started walking off, stopping to look as a massive explosion happened in mid-air, and as he focused, he saw Jar'din and SHODAN exchanging shots like mad. "I can go all day SHODAN," Jar'din called as he landed and the wings vanished, "But you need to recharge!" SHODAN glared as she watched Piccard hammer his badge, and as the barrage of torpedoes shot at her, she vanished into thin air, and Jar'din seethed as the others came over.

 

/\/**

 

"Why is it," SHODAN started as she re-emerged into the command room, "That whenever we gain the upper hand, they have to go and get a new ally?" "Don't look at me!" Carter shot back as he legged it out, and SHODAN fumed as she activated the com. "Avatar, please tell me you have good news." "Of course," She started after taking a minute to respond. "I sealed the intruder on the engineering deck, we're en route to take him out!" That had SHODAN feeling slightly happy as she deactivated the com and put her feet up on the desk. "Maybe this will work after all." She said to herself as the door opened and Robotnik walked in. "Can I help?" She asked in a cute, yet evil way as Robotnik blushed lightly, "I've been looking over your defences, and I think you could do with a few upgrades."

 

/\/**

 

"So Jar'din," Tails started as the group re-entered the mansion, and as Jar'din sat down, he turned to Tails, who finished his question. "How old are you?" Jar'din laughed, confusing everyone, "You won't believe me, but in this timeframe, I'm 6396 years old!" Surprisingly for him, the others didn't seem to phased by it. "Many of us are oldies around here Jar'din," Piccard started as he grabbed a drink from nearby, "I'm 818, and I still got enough life for another hundred years!" As he sat down, Reginald walked in from outside, and stared at Jar'din. "If only one of us can be in reality at a time, then tell me how the fuck you got here!" he asked as Jar'din smirked, "Maybe because I was channelled through the warlock as opposed to Light Piccard," He started, but was interrupted by Bio. "So why can't Dave be here as well then? I mean I channel him!" Reginald turned and sighed. "That is true Bio," he started as he sat down, "But the snag is that I wasn't supposed to appear until you reached the Von Braun, so when we get there, Dave should be able to help."

 

/\/**

 

"Tectonic pummel!" Piccard yelled as he smashed his fist into the ground, and Tails's mech started hovering to avoid the wave. "Gotta admit," Piccard started as his fist glowed red, "You're a very good pilot." "Thanks" Tails called back as he shot a couple of torpedoes, but Piccard just threw them off with his shield as a red ball appeared. "However, your fighting skills need to be improved!" Piccard yelled as he flung the ball forward, and a mild explosion shook Tails's mech, causing it to fall to the ground as Piccard walked over and helped him out. "Computer, end program!" Piccard called, and as the holodeck returned to normal, Tails's mech compacted. "It's a good fighter," Piccard said as Tails smiled, "But you need to work on turning, that's what allowed me to win." "Really?" Tails asked with a slight smirk, and as Piccard raised an eyebrow, Tails called out of the door. "Jon, we're ready!" After saying this, the technician bounded in with a similar cube to the one Tails had, and as Piccard focused and reactivated the program, he got the shock of his life as Jon's cube transformed into a mech itself. It looked very similar to the cyclone, except it was bright gold, had a phaser turret on the top and various Starfleet emblems were dotted over it as Jon smirked evilly. "We've been working on this for a while," He said as the systems started powering up. "This is the Federation ATM (All Terrain Mech) and a match against you will certainly test its durability!"

 

Downstairs, the crowd watched with a certain amount of fascination as Jon's mech flew into the air, dodging one of Piccard's spells as the door opened and Tails walked in, sitting next to Sonic. "Can I ask you a question?" Sonic managed to pull his attention from the screen long enough to face Tails. "Fire away big guy!" "Are we gonna live through this?" After that, Sonic had no idea what to say, but a light coughing took over, and as Tails turned, he noticed the voice belonged to Reginald. "I would be lying if I said we'd all get out of this unscathed. According to my memory, SHODAN was extremely ruthless and violent when I last went against her." He noticed Tails looking a little scared after this, but he quickly regained his composure as he added, "But I'm sure that nothing too serious will happen up there!"

 

After about an hour, Piccard and Jon emerged from the holodeck, both immensely tired as they ambled downstairs, and as they sat down Jon promptly fell asleep as Piccard grabbed a cup. "So Jon's the budding inventor now is he?" He asked as he drank, and Dark shook his head. "He wanted a machine to help combat his lack of magic, and we thought he should base it on one that already existed." Dark told him, and as Piccard hung his head low, he heard someone sitting down opposite, and as he looked upwards, noticed Sonic staring. "So now what do we do? Go for the Von Braun?" He asked with a hint of sarcasm, and as the words sunk in, Piccard slowly raised his head and a smile formed on his face. "You really can be smart at times!" "Bite me!" Piccard had to laugh as he stood up and asked the key question. "Anyone have any ideas as to how to get up there?"

 

/\/**

 

As SHODAN walked down a corridor on the recreation deck, she had to wonder to herself what she should do if the Piccards and their team did come up anytime soon. "I could trap the hallways," She started as she entered a lift and went up to the command deck. "Nah, done that already." She sighed as the doors opened, and as she walked out she noticed Carter idly playing with a nearby console. "I'll just stick with all the forces that'll be the insect's doom!" She gloated as she sat down, and Carter turned his head. "Pardon me SHODAN," He started as he shut down the program he was running and stood up, "But I think I could take care of them on my own, now if you'll excuse me." He told her as he swiftly walked out, and after he was gone, SHODAN walked over and smirked as she accessed his console. "Carter's been looking at porn!"

 

/\/**

 

"Okay guys," Piccard started as he sat down with the rest of the group, "We need a plan to get up there, and we need one now!" "Well," Sonic started, "The shuttle might get us up there." After this, Dark coughed to get attention, "Firstly, that would be too obvious a target, secondly it only holds 9 people." He paused for a brief silence as he added, "How about teleporting?" "Out of range," Piccard started, "And that magic blocker's been stopping me from trying for ages!" The silence lingered as everyone thought, and the idea that came up was a complete surprise to Piccard. "We could try using Magic to get us in range before teleporting to an area far from the magic shield." His eyes shot up as he looked around the circle. "Who said that?" "I did," Light turned and had to do a double take as he discovered the voice belonged to Chaos. "Is it good enough?" "Good enough?" Piccard started, "I don't swear that often, but it's fucking brilliant!" He told them over enthusiastically, getting a slight giggle as he pulled up a hologram on a pad and started tapping in details. "If we focus our magic and create an oxygen bubble over the shuttle," He started as the image updated, and his smile grew larger, "Chaos, this is gonna work!"

 

"However, where should we get in?" Piccard added as the happiness subsided, and a light coughing caught his attention from the other side of the room, and as he looked up, he caught the androids smiling. "Well," Xerxes began, "All this time I was doing scans, I was actually checking out the Von Braun for a weak point." As he said this, R-396 sighed, "Even though that is what scanning is Xerxes, We have found an accessible point, but the window in is small." She called up an image of her own, and as a room appeared, Reginald went white. "Med-sci deck," He started as he backed off slightly, "Cryo-storage area, where I got these damn implants! However we may have to find another few areas to beam people though," Reginald told them as he remembered the Von Braun, "Med-sci Cryo-storage isn't that big, and the deck itself has several easily accessible points for a transporter." "Well we'll decide that when we get up there!" Piccard said as he stood up and laughed triumphantly. "SHODAN, your time has come!"

 

An hour later, Bio was in the holodeck with Piccard and Shadow practicing their fighting as he suddenly deactivated his emerald blade, and as his arm returned to normal he called over, "Piccard, can I ask you something?" "You're scared, aren't you?" Piccard interjected, and Bio only nodded as Piccard sighed and sat down, "I seem to be getting that a lot today, several people have come up and told me that they're scared," He looked downwards and shook his head, "To be honest, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't scared. I do fear that we might fail." Before he could continue, he heard a cough and noticed Shadow standing above him, "We won't fail, you're people may have stopped us fighting for a long time, but we'll be there." "Why Shadow," Bio started as his blade reformed, "I never knew you were the caring type!" He had to laugh as Shadow mouthed a simple `Fuck off' before they resumed fighting, and as Piccard checked his watch, 23:01, he decided to call it a night.

 

/\/** =/\=

 

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, but college getting on my nerves, and my parents stopping me writing really sets me back on this! But anyway, I hope you like that one. What I said at the start was true, soon they will be on the Von Braun, and after that, the next time we see the planet (Unless I decide different in the meantime) will be at the end! Anyway, how was that chapter? Good, Bad, Shite? Please review!

 

Piccard, logging out! /\/** =/\=