Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chap 90: Reaching Med-sci and the corruption! ( Chapter 91 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

 

Chap 90: Reaching Med-sci and the corruption!

 

By: Piccard

 

Once again I grace your screens with one of my recurring intros to bring you the newest chapter.

 

Dark: :Bored: Light, do you think anyone actually reads this bit?

 

Not especially, so I can say what I like without being caught, isn't it marvellous?

 

Chaos: Arsehole!

 

I heard that you Camel Shafter!

 

---------------------- /\/**

 

Disclaimer: EVIL!

 

Now I know I used that before!

 

---------------------- /\/**

 

"Acknowledged!" Piccard said as he turned off the link and noticed the gas starting to vent from the tubes as he heard the groans of hybrids from the distance. "Reg," He started as the air as now safe to breathe, meaning he could take his helmet off, "Much as we need to kill these guys we can't do it in these cramped corridors." "Agreed, they know these places better than I do," Reginald started as they looked at the gauge by the door to the engine room. "78%, come on." Piccard willed as he heard the sounds getting closer, and as the gauge hit 100 they heard a gunshot and saw a legion of hybrids turning around the corner. "Allow me," Reginald started as he aimed his amp and glowed a light blue. "Restructure!" He yelled as several rings shot out, and as they hit the three leading hybrids, they turned and attacked their allies, leaving Piccard slightly shocked as he pulled his amp up again. "Now to buy us more time, barrier!" Reginald yelled as a bright blue field appeared between the groups. "This can withstand their beatings for now, let's go!" He shouted as they both dashed into the core, and as they looked around they noticed a figure in a small control room down a ramp fending off a cyborg, and the duo got the message as they ran forward, and as they bashed into the door they learned too late that it was locked. "Allow me!" Reginald said as he blasted the thing clean out of joint, and as they ran in just in time to see the midwife fall, Piccard had to do a double take as he recognised the man rubbing his wounded leg, which looked like it bore the results of a ranged shotgun attack. "Piccard, ncie to see you again commander." He said as he looked up, and Piccard gave a look of disbelief.

 

"Governor Taylon, is that you?!?"

 

"Well who else would be this big?" The governor asked as he pulled himself up and Piccard smirked. `I have an idea' he thought as he looked the governor straight in the eye and asked the first thing that came to mind. "How did you get here? I saw the Lebanon explode." "It did and I was on it, but I took a precaution," The governor started as he stretched, "While we were still allied with SHODAN, I copied my data into the Bio reconstruction machine on the hydroponics deck. So when I died I came back here!" "But won't SHODAN know now?" Piccard asked, and before the governor could speak, Reginald interjected. "It's the same move I used, now I guess that they've all been disabled since the governor came back." "I would say this feels like walking with the dead, but I've been doing that for ages." Piccard admitted as he checked his shotgun and looked over his shoulder to hear a bang. "Governor, what exactly did you come down here for?" "I knew that when you got here the first place you'd head would be the biggest power source," He started, "I was hoping to have it online by the time you came, but this shell in my leg gave me lead poisoning, so I had to move slowly." `God, he's terminal again' Reginald thought as Piccard started looking through systems with the governor.

 

/\/**

 

"So much death," Chaos muttered as they stalked down a ramp towards where Chaos sensed the main system was, and as Ell looked ahead she heard a slight scuttling to her left. "Er, guys?" She started as the scuttles seemed to get louder, and as she noticed them both tensing she guessed that they'd heard it as well. "What is it?" Shadow asked, and as Chaos pulled his helmet off, both hedgehogs noticed him pale faced and sweating like mad. "I hope this isn't what I think it is…" "What do you think it is?" Shadow said, and as he turned he saw it, even though it was small it was still enough for Chaos to scream and start firing from his energy pistol like mad as he hammered his badge. "Chaos to Tom," He started as he sounded like he was in a blind panic, "They have fucking spiders!" As he turned the link off and joined the fight he suddenly noticed that his pistol wasn't having too great an effect. "Just my luck these things are resistant to energy!" He whined as he pocketed his pistol and pulled a jagged knife from his pocket. "Brace my fears… god I wish I wasn't arachnophobic!"

 

/\/**

 

"Hols still egg-butt!" Jon yelled as he fired a bright gold beam from the front of his mech, and as he cursed his luck at using something as weak as a phaser he heard the Eggman laugh. "I told you I was better than you!" He gloated as he shot several green torpedoes straight at Jon, and only one managed to hit as Jon looked over his mechs specs. "One more hit and I can use it…" He started as he shot a quick torpedo back, catching the egg-shaped one by surprise as the front of his mech started flashing and he heard the doctor chuckle. "You're no match for me!" He yelled back as a bright beam shot out and engulfed Jon's mech. "Yosh! I win!" "Don't count on it Egg-head!" He looked up in surprise to see Jon's mech glowing a similar colour, but the glow was centered on the launcher. "I'm only just beginning!" He said as the glow vanished and he smirked demonically. "Quantum barrage!" a volley of blue torpedoes shot out and straight at the eggy one, who couldn't believe his eyes.

 

/\/**

 

"How much longer Xerxes?" Knuckles asked as the chill was starting to get to everyone, and the android looked up as he noticed the power starting to activate, but not to a level where it could be turned on. "Come on chaos," Xerxes said to himself as he watched the others climbing out of the icy area. "Even if they go, I gotta get this regulator on!" What he didn't know was that the team had just climbed out to get out of the cold, not leave him as Sonic looked down. "Think he knows we're still here?" "I don't know," Tails started, "But he can withstand the cold."

 

"It's okay Chaos," Ell called up as Chaos hung from the ceiling, "They're gone." "All of them?" Chaos whimpered as he looked around hastily, and a quick chaos spear dislodged him and bought him to the floor hard and glared at Shadow. "You could have just asked me to get down!" Before Shadow could get a word in Ell stepped between them. "Don't even start!" "He's hindering us!" "I'd like to see you survive here on your own," Chaos spat, "You'd be claimed for SHODAN in an instant." "No chance, but we would do better if you left!" Shadow said simply as Chaos turned and ran ahead bumping head first into the generator. "Chaos to Piccard," He started as he looked up, "I think I found it." "Great, now turn it on." The voice said as the com finished, and as Chaos pressed a bright green button the devices in the area flickered to life, and as the first regulator activated the nearby alien tissue literally disintegrated off the walls. "That's number one." Chaos said as he turned and ran fast, stopping only as Ell called him. "Sorry, he said without even turning, "He said you'd do better, so that's what you can do!" He yelled as he turned and blasted off, and as they both looked after him, they saw tears hit the ground to follow the path where he'd ran.

 

/\/**

 

"So how much time do you have left?" Piccard asked as the governor looked at a pad, "Don't know, but if you can get me to the med-sci deck I can remain there until I find a cure." He told Piccard as he suddenly felt a magic field lift him out of his seat, and as he looked at Piccard he knew that he was smirking. "Well let's get you up there then!" He said with a light level of enthusiasm as he and Reginald ran out, with the governor merely floating behind them as they coursed through the tunnels before Reginald told them to stop at a hatch. "This is a quick route to the med-sci deck," He started as he climbed up a ladder and forced the hatch open, "The quick route I used to get to engineering before." "Well let's go that way then!" Piccard said as he pulled the governor up, and as they emerged, they found themselves in a lavish blue room, and as Piccard looked up he tapped his badge. "Bio, we're on the med-sci deck, we're getting the survivor to a medical facility." "Go figure, is it anyone we know?" Piccard looked at the 53 year old with a smile. "It's our old mate governor Taylon!" Judging by the silence he guessed the others were shocked before he turned off the link and walked out, being greeted by a Rumbler who scared the shit out of the three of them. "Piccard," he span to his grandfather, "I'll take this thing on, you get your friend to the medi-beds."

Piccard nodded as he helped the governor off the floor now the bubble had vanished, and they both started off as Reginald took on the beast.

 

/\/**

 

"Second regulator online!" Xerxes shouted as he started climbing out of the pit, and as he reached the top and stood up straight he noticed the others glaring. "What have I done?" "Chilled us all to the bone?" Rouge suggested as she tried to warm herself up, and Xerxes realised what he did as he moved a hand behind his head in embarrassment. "Sorry for that chill… should have warned you." "Well we'll worry about that later," Sonic told him as they all started walking out, "Where's the next regulator?" Xerxes paused in thought as he looked to the left. "It's actually by the lift we used to get here, shame we needed to do them in order or I could have done that when we got here!"

 

"Chaos!" Ell called as she and Shadow stalked through corridors, dodging as many bots as they could before she noticed something on the floor. "Chaos's badge." She muttered as she picked it up and activated it. "Piccard you there?" "Ell, is that you?" She heard the voice come, and as she looked around she wondered how to explain this to him. "Chaos and Shadow had a row and now chaos took off, can you tell us where he is?" There was a brief pause as she heard magic cackle through the badge, and as she heard him pick it up he spoke plain and simple. "He's in the hydroponics armoury, battling a legion, please be careful, I'm sensing that he's unstable." As Ell sped off with Shadow in pursuit, she noticed something orange in the middle of the floor, Chaos's armour. "What the?" She wondered as they sped past, noticing that it had been ripped off as opposed to torn off. "Shadow I think Chaos has flipped." "Really?" He said in a sarcastic tone as they continued.

 

/\/**

 

"Demon spawned wretches," Chaos shouted as his eyes burned with fury as he fired from a newly acquired assault rifle, "I'll kill you all!" He ran down the corridor, firing at all who got in his way as he roared in rage, turning fast into the hydroponics mess hall and shooting all who dwelled within, completely unprepared for one thing, the fact that SHODAN's hybrids carrying the weapon were entering the room from the far entrance. "So more of you want to try me?" Chaos called as he sheathed his rifle and started glowing, "Dodge magic!" He called as he fired a blast, but as it neared the lead hybrid merely held up the device, and the charge was absorbed, taking Chaos back a bit as he roared and charged, "Then I shall take you down with my fists!" He snorted as he punched hard at the leader, missing as he rolled around and kicked the two back hybrids, falling them as he impaled them on his knife and span to the leader, seeing Ell and Shadow arrive through the same door he had as he slashed, and as the leader fell they were not prepared for what happened next.

 

The experiment slowly hovered into the air as Chaos stared at it queerly. "IF she's trying to impress me, she's failed!" He said as he turned and walked, but as he sensed something he span to see the organ flying through the air straight at him as it hit him square in the chest, and the looked on in horror as it seemed to push it's way in. "Chaos." Ell called as she started forward, but Shadow held her back as she just saw Chaos staggering around clutching his body as various parts of his skin started to erupt in a way similar to the hybrids as his screams turned into growls. "What the hell?" He called out in two separate voices as his magic started flaring to counter the parasites, but to no avail as all his magic flickered out in one move, and Chaos fell to the floor as the parasite took complete control. Shadow and Ell ran forward to help, but they stopped as they heard an inhuman gurgling, and as they saw chaos pull himself up and turn, they both nearly threw up. Half of his body had been corrupted to a hybrid form, but the half that remained Chaos was severely discoloured as he pulled the rifle from behind his back and ran forward growling inhumanly as Ell just stared and said one thing. "What's happened to you Chaos?"

 

/\/** =/\=

 

Another good point to end it, boy I love leaving you in suspense… now this story almost has a plot! Heh, anyway, how did you all like that one? Please review!

 

Piccard, finding the antidote! /\/** =/\=