Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chip guessing game and busting the core! ( Chapter 90 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

 

Chap 89: Chip guessing game and busting the core!

 

By: Piccard

 

Here we are… this is the chapter where the prisoner is finally revealed!

 

Dark: :Over sarcastic: Yay…

 

Hush you! Anyway, with the hassle of me moving house soon I've misplaced my copy of system shock, so now I'm doing the quests and missions from my memory, meaning that I might miss some… but the ones I have aren't very important anyway.

 

------------------- /\/**

 

Disclaimer: Go to my bio, I own them! Go to Sega HQ, I don't own them!

 

Confusing? :Sigh: Let's just get to the fic!

 

------------------- /\/**

 

"We're in!" Piccard shouted as he broke open the door to storage room 4, and as he walked in his mouth dropped open at the sheer number of chips. "It's one of THESE?!?" "'fraid so." Reginald told him as he started looking at various chips, "We have no choice, teleport them all to the others, it's up to them now!" Piccard stalled for a minute before doing as Reginald said and as the chips vanished he looked up. "So do we head for the engine core?" "Not yet," Reginald started, "Although the prisoner used the ducts to get to the core, they've now been sealed to keep the gas in, and the only way to open it is to activate the gas vents in the engineering control station." "Son of a bitch!" Piccard shouted as he punched a nearby crate, shattering it as he turned. "Then we can purge the ducts to allow us an easier escape when we find this guy!" He said as he ran out with his shotgun primed, and Reginald only sighed as he followed suit, dropping the lead pipe and priming his psi-amp.

 

"How many chips do they expect us to try?" Bio said in a state of shock as he looked at the pile of rectangular chips in the centre of the floor, and as he looked up noticed Jar'din hovering in midair as he looked up a shaft. "The terminals we need are up here," He started as Bio hovered up, closely followed by the others, "But the door is security coded, and hybrids are waiting." "We don't care!" Tom said as he looked down to see Jon still sitting in his mech looking up after them. "Jon, scout around see if you can find some way to give us cover til we get this chip." "You mean a suicide agent?" Jon asked in mock stupidity before sounding a little over the top as he told him, "Course I will, just let me scout for a minute and I'll defend til your hearts content!"

 

/\/**

 

"Dude, where's my parka?" Sonic moaned as they walked into a frozen section of the deck, and as the others sighed at Sonics antics, Xerxes pulled an energy grenade from his internal storage. "Now I only have one shot at this," He started as he primed it, "So get down there and clear them out after the explosion subsides." As he threw it, he heard a squeak from Amy. "Did you say explosion?" A very loud bang caught her attention as she heard cybernetic screams from below and Xerxes stood at the edge with his rifle ready. "Guys, welcome to the first breeding area!" He told them as he jumped down, and slightly questioning why, the others did as well.

 

"This would have been easier," Chaos started as the three trudged through corridors, "If they'd given us a map." "Oh shut up!" Shadow said, obviously pissed off with Chaos's whining, and he wasn't prepared for Chaos to turn and raise a fist. "Why don't you make me?" "It'll be a pleasure!" Shadow called as they both lunged, and as they were in range to hit, Ell ran between them and slapped them both to the floor. "Enough of that boys!" She said with a tone that made both Chaos and Shadow immediately shoot off and half way down the hall out of fear before she knew it. "What the hell?" She heard Chaos call as she dashed to catch up, and as she did she saw Chaos and Shadow staring into a room, both completely white, and as she looked she knew why. Dead bodies all clad in purple uniforms littered the area, and the sheer amount of blood and annelid tissue that lay beneath them gave the three the urge to vomit. "We have to go through." Chaos said as he gathered what courage he could and stepped forward. "I may not be an expert but one thing I do remember is that the generator for the vents is in this area somewhere."

 

/\/**

 

"SHODAN" the avatar said as she opened a com link, "The hybrids with your experiment are closing in on Chaos Piccard." "How close are they?" SHODAN asked, obviously pissed off with something as the avatar suddenly regretted calling. "They've just entered the Hydroponics deck. What's wrong?" "The chips from engineering are at the terminals. IT's only a matter of time before the gas is vented. The only way we can pull back that deck is if my garrison beats those two there!" SHODAN turned off the link as the avatar sighed and looked up as she started pressing buttons on the Von Braun's bridge as Carter walked in and wrapped his arms around her. "Whats this for?" She asked out of pure curiosity as Carter smirked, "This may be our last chance to do anything." After a long kiss the avatar gave him a queer look. "You don't think SHODAN's gonna win do you?" "Course I do… I'm just worried about what's gonna happen to you. Out of the three of us, you're the easiest target." She had to laugh after hearing this, "Carter, trust me, I can handle myself."

 

/\/**

 

"Right, that's 150 chips down," Bio said in glee as he pulled one out of the machine and looked at the pile to his right, "Only another 1350 to go!" "Come on Bio," Jar'din sighed as he lazed on a nearby rail, "You worry too much, we have a while, just chill out!" "It's hard for me to have fun when our lives are on the line." Bio admitted as he picked up another chip and slotted it in. "Okay R-396, run that one!" He called up as the cyber assassin started tapping buttons, and after a minute of processing they got another failure as Bio threw it back and Anaetheron incinerated it. "Come on Bio, it's not that bad." "Isn't it?" Bio called as he grabbed another and slammed it in, "Piccards counting on us to get that gas vented, and all you lot can do is laze around." "Ever heard of a simple move called defending?" Cybos asked as he kept his launcher pointed at the door, and Bio sighed as he looked past. "R-396, can you run this thing again?"

 

/\/**

 

"Ignore this ignore that." Jon moaned as his mech walked through the tunnels on the deck, and as he neared the cargo bay he shook his head. "It's always Piccard and Tom who do anything, just coz I build all day I never see that action." As the double doors ahead opened and he entered the cargo bay he didn't noticed another mech waiting nearby. "Just once I want a decent fight!" "Then you shall get one technician!" Jon's head span as a rocket his the side of the mech, and as he looked he saw Eggman sitting waving. "Hello Jon, caught any interesting footage yet?" Jon only growled as he turned his mech to face Eggmans and hit his communicator. "Jon to Tom, I found one of your songs here." "Come again?" Tom asked in confusion, and as if to answer, Jon started singing a rather bad rendition of the Beatles song: `I am the Eggman'

 

/\/**

 

"Jon," Chaos shouted as he hammered his communicator, "Stop that fucking singing!" As he turned off his com and shook his head in frustration he noticed a light on the ceiling turn red, and as alarm sirens blared he simply held his pistol up. "Oh great, security alert!" "Why us?" Ell asked as she watched Chaos hurl a nearby table over to form a makeshift barricade as he aimed his pistol. "Can you two watch behind me, her forces have a knack for doing that." Indeed, as Shadow and Ell both turned they noticed a hybrid standing with a shotgun. "So they're armed," Shadow said in light admiration as it tried to fire a shot at him, but he simply dodged it, "I was hoping for more!" he said as he shot forward, sending the thing over a ledge and into an abyss below as they heard Chaos starting to fire in front. "Chaos, can I ask a question?" Ell said as she knelt down next to Chaos, "Go ahead." "How come you don't use as much magic to the others?" "Personally I prefer the feel of a gun, and as you'll observe," He flicked his wrist forward, and the group that were charging forward all literally exploded and Ell had to stop herself from chucking as their remains splattered to the ground, "MY magics a little unpredictable, and that's only a basic spell!" "What's your most powerful?" She enquired, and chaos only smirked as the sirens stopped. "It puts the other Piccard's to shame, I haven't named it but lets say that I could rip this whole ship apart in an instant if I focused long enough!"

 

/\/**

 

"Okay X," Knuckles asked as the last hybrid fell, "Why'd you drop us into this icehole?" "Look on that wall." He said as he pointed to a strange looking device, and as the others looked he knew exactly what they were gonna say. "Xerxes," Cream started, And the android smiled as he heard her finish. "What is it?" "I knew that was coming!" He said in self victory, and the android refrained the urge to do a little dance as he explained, "This is the second of the 4 regulators the others are searching for the power for. The first one is actually at the generator, so when they activate that," He paused as he pointed to a dull light, "This will turn green, meaning that we can activate it and purge this area of the annelid tissue!" "So what do we do for now?" Rouge asked in slight annoyance as Xerxes shook his head. "We have some breathing time, we can take a break until this can be activated."

 

/\/**

 

"GOTTIT!" Bio yelled, startling Jar'din who fell from the rail and smashed his arse on the gentry below. "What the hell Bio?" "After 2134 tries…" Bio started as he smiled, "I got it!" He looked past to see a happy assassin. "If Cybos would let me I'd thank you MY way!" He admitted as R-396 giggled, and as he turned and saw Cybos trying to hold down a frown as Anaetheron and Tom laughed. "Bio to Piccard, the chip is in!" He shouted as he walked out, followed by the others, "We'll meet with Jon, purge the rest of this area and meet you by the lift shaft to move to Med-sci."

 

"Acknowledged!" Piccard said as he turned off the link and noticed the gas starting to vent from the tubes as he heard the groans of hybrids from the distance. "Reg," He started as the air as now safe to breathe, meaning he could take his helmet off, "Much as we need to kill these guys we can't do it in these cramped corridors." "Agreed, they know these places better than I do," Reginald started as they looked at the gauge by the door to the engine room. "78%, come on." Piccard willed as he heard the sounds getting closer, and as the gauge hit 100 they heard a gunshot and saw a legion of hybrids turning around the corner. "Allow me," Reginald started as he aimed his amp and glowed a light blue. "Restructure!" He yelled as several rings shot out, and as they hit the three leading hybrids, they turned and attacked their allies, leaving Piccard slightly shocked as he pulled his amp up again. "Now to buy us more time, barrier!" Reginald yelled as a bright blue field appeared between the groups. "This can withstand their beatings for now, let's go!" He shouted as they both dashed into the core, and as they looked around they noticed a figure in a small control room down a ramp fending off a cyborg, and the duo got the message as they ran forward, and as they bashed into the door they learned too late that it was locked. "Allow me!" Reginald said as he blasted the thing clean out of joint, and as they ran in just in time to see the midwife fall, Piccard had to do a double take as he recognised the man rubbing his wounded leg, which looked like it bore the results of a ranged shotgun attack. "Piccard, ncie to see you again commander." He said as he looked up, and Piccard gave a look of disbelief.

 

"Governor Taylon, is that you?!?"

 

/\/** =/\=

 

YEE-HAA!!! Tell me, you all expected it to be Dave didn't you? Come on admit it… Truth be told this isn't spur of the moment I have actually been planning to bring the governor back for a while. And the plot can all fit into place, besides, the final plot is gonna be a surprise, but I'll tell you that it revolves around Piccard, Carter and the Governor. Still, before I spoil it for you I'll be off. How was that chapter? Please review!

 

Piccard, leaving with a smile! /\/** =/\=