Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Engineering tubes and Hydroponics exploration! ( Chapter 89 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

 

Chap 88: Engineering tubes and Hydroponics exploration!

 

By: Piccard

 

Blimey, hard to believe that this fics going like a dream… Probably end soon, but I'll pack in as much detail as I can.

 

Dark: Besides, this fic will be remembered, Light's creating a website for us!

 

That's right! It's nowhere near finished yet, but it's gonna have the WHOLE history of the NFA, as well as something extra. To get there, check homepage in my bio!

 

------------------- /\/**

 

Disclaimer: NEXT!!!

 

Advert: I am starting a joint fic with two of my mates at the moment. (Sponge is one, and the other doesn't have an account yet, but I'll tell you his name as soon as he gets the account.) Four members of the NFA will be there, try and guess which ones!

 

Clue: They're all human! (Answers will be in a review to this fic, by me, after chapter 89!)

 

------------------- /\/**

 

Piccard heard laser fire from up the shaft as he looked to the entrance of the tube network. "To get the command lift working we need to navigate these tubes and re-activate the core." "Let's go then." Dark started as he walked forward, and smashed face first into the door as Bio pulled out a tricorder. "This doors magically sealed!" Anaetheron looked it over and sniffed the air, recoiling as he picked up a scent, "The area behind is flooded with gas!" "Worse than that," Cybos started as his internal radar beeped, "There's a human life-sign in there." That caused Piccard to stall as he span. "Wait, human, unaltered?" "Yup!" Piccard span and blasted the door hard, "We have to vent the gas somehow, break it down and I'll go through!"

 

/\/**

 

"Guys," Chaos started as the last midwife fell, "This is starting to get a little freaky." "Come on Chaos," Shadow started as he checked around a corner, "I thought you were tough." "Can't be everything!" Chaos whinged as he leaned against a nearby wall, and as he looked to his right he went a ghostly white. "Guys, over there," He stuttered as he pointed, "Eggs!" As the others span round, a deathly slow crackling filled the air, and the group watched as the eggs gave birth to, "Worms?" Sonic scoffed, but Xerxes stood in front of the cocky hedgehog and aimed his rifle, "Don't let them get inside you!" He ordered as he fired, "They'll turn you into annelid hybrids, the those we fought." As Xerxes fired again, three blurs shot past, and within a minute all the eggs and worms lay in pieces on the floor. "That was easy," Sonic started as Ell walked past and grinned. "You're too slow you know." She told him as Shadow only laughed, making Sonic angry as Tails turned to Xerxes. "Out of interest, who were the hybrids we battled before?" "The old crew of the Von Braun!"

 

/\/**

 

"SHODAN," Carter started as he looked over sensors on the Von Braun's bridge, "they've split into two teams, we should still be able to take them down, but…" "But what?" SHODAN said after a minutes pause, and Carter turned a light white. "IF they get into the tubes down there and find him, then they'll have a tactical layout to our defences!" "leave that to me!" SHODAN told him as she closed the link and bought up a screen showing her the engine core, where their intruder was just exiting an air vent. "This is starting to get fun." She thought to herself as she started tapping buttons and spoke calmly into the com. "Hybrid garrison #043beta, move to the engine core, time to pay our officer friend a visit."

 

/\/**

 

"That's it!" Piccard yelled as the door started to open, "Everyone fall back, the gas is gonna flood the place til we can vent it!" He heard many pairs of feet running as the door flew open, and as the room flooded with the neon gas, he looked around and saw a form in blue armour standing behind him. "Reginald?" "Have you forgotton that I'm a spirit?" Reginald asked as he walked up and pulled out a rifle. "Now further back is the console to vent the gas, but to activate it we need a special CPU chip from one of the storerooms." "Any idea what it's codename is?" "None," Reginald started, "But I know for a fact that it's there, now let's go!" He finished as the two ran forward, unprepared for what waited in the field of gas.

 

"This is a rip off!" Chaos shouted as he kicked a replicator, and had to listen to Xerxes sigh. "Chaos, our replicators aren't free, they need to be maintained." "What the hell's a nanite?" Sonic asked as he looked over the chaos marines shoulder, and as he did he saw Xerxes come up and start tapping buttons. "I created this thing with hacker abilities," Xerxes began as the thing beeped, and a familiar computerised voice rang out from somewhere above. "Replicator database reinitialised!" "Was that you?" Tails asked as Xerxes shook his head, "Even after SHODAN took over my data loop, for some reason my voice stayed on these descisions." "Whatever." Chaos said as he pulled out a battery pack and loaded it, "Besides, what's that beeping?" Xerxes span fast and saw a yellow light on the ceiling turn red before alarms started blaring, "Oh great, security alert!" He shouted as he turned back. "Girls stay down, guys fight!" After saying this he heard two forced coughs, and if he could he would have sweatdropped. "Erm, the guys, Rouge and Ell I mean."

 

/\/**

 

"Anyone have any ideas on how to vent this?" Bio asked as he looked at the gas that had flooded the lower levels, and as he turned his head he saw R-396 checking a pad. "We need a CPU chip from in there to vent this," She started as she pointed to the gas, and they heard a sigh as they turned to Jar'din. "Ironic, the one way to get through, and it's in the inferno." "So how do we get it?" Bio asked as Dark started pulling hypo-sprays from a replicator. "Light knows of it, and he and Reginald are gonna get it and throw it back before heading to the engine core." He said as he pulled back, and as he noticed them staring at the hypos he sighed. "Anti-radiation hypos, just to be safe." He told them as he compacted them and placed them in the doctors kit.

 

"Security alert terminated!" The voice blared as the hybrids and cyborgs fell at the teams feet, and Amy looked up from behind a console. "Are they gone?" "For now," Knuckles started as he wiped his gloves clean, and noticed Sonic looking down the corridor. "How many are there?" "Sonic," Xerxes began, "I'm sure Piccard said something about this being the hardest yet, right Tails?" He got no reply, and as everyone started looking around in worry, they heard a slight clanging from down the hall, and as they got into battle formations Chaos looked around the door. "Looks like a mech bot." He told them as he loaded his laser pistol and got ready to fire, and as the form came through, they all sighed as they recognised it. "Tails, that had us for a minute." Sonic told him, and he heard Shadow snicker. "Seems the fakers getting scared, aren't you?" "Am not!" Sonic thundered, and Chaos threw himself between them to try and separate them, "Save it for SHODAN and the Eggman!" He told them as they reluctantly parted and Chaos sighed. `We might have a problem here'

 

"Wrong storeroom." Reginald muttered as Piccard embedded his fist into the wall, and as he walked out Reginald noticed his face had cone red through his visor. "It's too cloudy to see!" He protested, but Reginald had none of it as he looked at his portable map. "The storerooms about half a mile ahead, we can transport it back to the others." "Good enough," Piccard started, "and what of the one we're trying to rescue?" "He's made it to the engine core!" Reginald told him, and as he looked at the scans he swore the bio-signs looked familiar as Piccard loaded his shotgun, "Hold it, Hybrid coming round the corner." He said before firing, and they both heard a strangled yell as a corpse fell in front of them, and as they walked past Picard pulled the lead pipe from it's corpse. "You might need this," he started as he handed it to Reginald, "A Psi-amp won't cut it alone." "I did clear this ship before your father was even born, I think I know how to handle myself!"

 

/\/**

 

"For the last time, I am the Eggman!" Eggman told Snivley as the long nosed one was still calling him Julian, "Remember that!" "Oh, of course your majestically oval one." Snivley said in his usual snide way as he walked out and Eggman looked over his egg-walker's stats. "Now all I need to do is wait for either the foxboy or the perverted technician to find me, I might as well make a crackpot plan." He said as he closed his eyes and started to hum his theme tune. Roughly five minutes later the door opened as Carter walked in and cleared his throat. "We have no time for relaxing!" He thundered as he walked up to the mech and levitated to eye level. "They could be here any minute, and these upgrades will need to be used very soon before they implode." "I know what I'm doing insolent boy," Eggman started as he checked over his systems, "I do have in IQ of 300!" "Yea right, I know it has a 3 in it, but it's not 300!" Carter mouthed back as he stormed out, and Eggman snarled, "I really HATE that guy, almost as much as the hedgehog!"

 

" Chaos," Xerxes started as he looked around a corner and beckoned to the chaos marine. "I need a group to go to the environmental controls to the north and reactivate the toxin generator." "Hang on," Cream started as she looked back, "won't that harm us?" "The toxin was designed to harm the annelids, but not humans or various others." He looked around their disbelieving faces as he internally sighed. "Chaos, I want you, Shadow and Ell to go and activate the generator wile the rest of us deal with the individual vents on this deck." Inwardly, Chaos was thrilled with the chance of being with Ell, but the only drawback was Shadow, and Xerxes noticed this as Chaos straightened himself up and turned. "What are we waiting for?" He said as he looked them both straight, "Come on, sooner we get there, sooner we get back!"

 

/\/**

 

"They split again!" the avatar said as she walked onto the recreation deck, noting the annelids standing nearby, "I have orders from SHODAN," She started as she threw a Rumbler a small heart like organ. "She had this specially created for the marines, throw this at one and pray it hits, I trust the effects will be, ahem, worthwhile." She told them as she walked out of the main chamber and into the athletics section. "Wonder how the surprises are faring?" She said as she looked into the darkness, and as she saw the occasional flicker of an assassins visor she had to smirk. "We'll win this for sure!" She said as she turned and noticed a hybrid walking up, and as it spoke in a mutated tongue, the avatar started to translate. "The closest marine? Hydroponics deck, heading for the ventilation generator." The hybrid turned and left, and as it did she walked back to the lift for command. "This is gonna get exciting!"

 

"We're in!" Piccard shouted as he broke open the door to storage room 4, and as he walked in his mouth dropped open at the sheer number of chips. "It's one of THESE?!?" "'fraid so." Reginald told him as he started looking at various chips, "We have no choice, teleport them all to the others, it's up to them now!" Piccard stalled for a minute before doing as Reginald said and as the chips vanished he looked up. "So do we head for the engine core?" "Not yet," Reginald started, "Although the prisoner used the ducts to get to the core, they've now been sealed to keep the gas in, and the only way to open it is to activate the gas vents in the engineering control station." "Son of a bitch!" Piccard shouted as he punched a nearby crate, shattering it as he turned. "Then we can purge the ducts to allow us an easier escape when we find this guy!" He said as he ran out with his shotgun primed, and Reginald only sighed as he followed suit, dropping the lead pipe and priming his psi-amp.

 

/\/** =/\=

 

Sorry I'm stopping this now, but I wanted this to be short and too the point as these weren't too exciting in the game itself. I mean to be honest it never really got bullet intensive until the Rickenbacker anyway. (At least on my version) But anyway, did ya like that one? Please review!

 

Piccard, logging out tired as hell! /\/** =/\=