Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Fast plans, but will they work? ( Chapter 88 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

 

Chap 87: Fast plans, but will they work?

 

By: Piccard

 

Fear not those who thought that this fic would NEVER end, this chapter is the one where they will finally reach the Von Braun!

 

Sponge: Yay!

 

Who let him in? And for those who don't think that this has a plot. (Sponge). You'll get quite a shock as this will soon be following a loose variation of the System Shock 2 storyline! (So that those who don't have the game will have a loose idea of what to expect!)

 

------------------- /\/**

 

Disclaimer: PURE EVIL, it must be destroyed!

 

Seeing as your evil Mr. Disclaimer, how'd you like a job in the NFA?

 

------------------- /\/**

 

"I wanted destruction!" Chaos called as the screen flicked off and the others started walking off as the group walked in from the holodeck and Reginald looked on as they sat down. "800 years ago I would never have seen anything like that in a fight, you people sure have it lucky!" "Reg," Chaos started as he sat down on the ceiling, "The holodeck has safety features, in real life, what they did in there would have them all dead." As Reginald pondered this, Jar'din looked up at the clock. "Guys, we better get up to the Von Braun soon!" "Why?" Piccard started, and Jar'din's face turned white as he walked outside. "Look at the giant screens." As they all walked out, they had the same reaction as SHODAN was on a screen large enough for the whole city to see with Carter and the avatar behind her as she smirked. "People of Mobius, I'm sure that you're all getting sick of this struggle, so I have an offer." She paused for effect as Piccard glared, "Either the Alliance and the Sonic team comes to the Von Braun in orbit and challenges us once and for all, or in a fortnight, your world will be annihilated!" A large timer appeared on the screen as Carters voice could be heard, "Hear that Arrowsmith, the doom of this world approaches!"

 

"We have to get up there NOW!" Sonic called over the chaos that erupted over the city, and Piccard clicked his fingers. "Everyone, inside now!" He called as they all ran in, and as the door closed he sighed. "Now, the only decent plan we have is Chaos's involving the sonic team in the shuttle and the alliance rides on top." "Nothing wrong with that!" Chaos called from across the room, and as several people laughed, Sonic stepped forward, "So when do we leave?" "As soon as possible, but I gotta do something first." Piccard told them as he ran out, and as the others started getting ready, they swore they heard the noise of someone being sick from above.

 

/\/**

 

"Think that got their attention?" SHODAN asked as Snivley adjusted his uniform. "Oh of course it did your malevolence." He said in his usual snide way as SHODAN turned. "Where are the others stationed?" "The Avatar is waiting on the Hydroponics deck," He started as he looked over a pad. "Carter is on the Von Braun command deck, and Julian," He added a hint of malice as he uttered his uncles name, "Is in the Rickenbacker engine core." "This is getting great!" SHODAN called as she activated the radar and checked out the engineering tubes, seeing the figure in green trapped looking for a way out as SHODAN tapped a button, "Start venting radiation into the ducts!" She ordered as sirens started and green gas started gently seeping in through one of the pipes, and SHODAN smiled. "Sorry, but you'll be gassed before the alliance rescues you!"

 

/\/**

 

"You ready Piccard?" Knuckles called up the stairs as Piccard bounded out of his room, and as he entered the front room, the group knew he meant business. He was in a heavy duty blue armoured vest, magically enhanced jeans and iron boots as he walked into the armoury, grabbed as many weapons as he could fit into his pack and pulled his helmet over his head. "No one stands in my way!" He called as he walked out and dropped his pack next to the shuttle. "We nearly ready?" Piccard called up, and Jon looked down, "Almost, just need to realign a few connections here." Piccards face didn't move as he walked back in. "Now Doc, you're in command down here!" "I'm not going?" He started, but Piccard silenced him. "Doc, under normal circumstances, I would bring you, but since I don't trust SHODAN to keep her troops to the Von Braun, I need you on defence down here." "Fair enough." The Doctor said as Piccard walked through, and looked around in turn. "D'sparil, I want you to remain here too, we'll need a magician here." "And Doc," Tails called as Piccard leapt onto the shuttle, "There's a stockpile of emitters in the basement, I think you know what to do if things get out of hand"

 

"Okay, final check," Piccard started as he leaned down from on board, "Cream, Amy, are you sure you aren't staying here?" "Course not," Amy started as she pushed the young rabbit in, "We wanna have a piece of the action as well!" "I'll never understand her," Dark said as he dealt with his armour, and as Bio and Chaos started chanting, Piccard leaned down. "Now we're gonna land in the shuttle bay on the engineering deck. According to Reginald's log it's the best place to avoid detection." "What about defences?" Ell called, and Chaos cocked a laser pistol, "Believe me, they'll be gone before you know it." "And did you bring the `special' powers?" Rouge called, and Bio smirked as he threw her a bag with seven glowing items in it. "Let's see SHODAN cope with emerald power!"

 

After a few minutes of preparing, the engines started kicking in, and as the Doctor walked out he threw something up to Piccard. "In case your magic runs out, you'd better take my medi-kit." "Thanks." Piccard called as he handed it to Bio, and as the shuttle started lifting off, D'sparil walked out and started waving. "Right," He started as the shuttle moved out of hearing range, "C'mon Doc, let's get pissed!"

 

"Entering lower stratosphere." Chaos called as the Piccards got the oxygen bubble working, and as the shuttle started climbing, they had to keep a hold of the hull to keep from flying off. "Chaos," Piccard called, "Use your power to try and keep us all in!" Chaos started glowing orange as the shields extended around them, and as they were all able to stand, Xerxes loaded his rifle. "Reginald's gonna have a shock here." "What do you mean?" He started as Xerxes aimed upward. "SHODAN fitted the Von Braun with weapons since the last time it was seen. It'll be a challenge just getting there!" Piccard just shook his head as he tapped his badge. "Tails, hope you can steer this thing through their fire!" "Well we're gonna find out! We're leaving the stratosphere and entering the lower atmosphere!"

 

"IS that it?" Sonic called in shock as a large grey shape started to appear, and as the shuttle cleared the planet, the shape started the grow. "Yes Sonic, that is the Von Braun." Bio said through a communicator as Amy just looked on in wonder. "Do you think they'll be waiting for us?" As soon as she said it, there was a flash and a bright orange beam coursed through space towards them, and Tails just managed to dodge as Ell glared at Amy. "You and your fucking mouth!" "Sorry." Amy mumbled as she sat down, and Tails checked the computer. "I have a scan on the shuttle bay Reginald told us about, I'll try and blast there!" Suddenly the shuttle was rocked by a bolt, and as Tails came back in control, he noticed several small ships coming out of the Von Braun. "Piccard," Tails called worriedly, "We have a dogfight on our hands!"

 

"We see them!" Cybos yelled as a bright orange phaser bolt blasted by him, and Piccard pulled out a phaser. "Attack at will!" Piccard screamed, and everyone with either energy weapons or magic started firing. (I remember that bullets and the like can't travel in space.) "This is taking too long!" Tom called as he spirit knifed one in the side, and as Piccard span he saw Jon's mech standing ready. "Quantum torpedoes locked!" "Get them then!" Dark yelled as Jon's mech started operating similar to a turret, spinning and firing concentrated burst at anything that got close. "How's that?" He yelled as several were taken down, and as Piccard looked through the shuttles view screen, he noticed Tails sitting there rather worried about Jon's methods.

 

"Jon, they're dead!" Piccard called as the technician continued firing at virtually anything that existed outside the shuttles shields, and Piccard had to physically jump up and deactivate the mech, leaving a startled technician to fall arse first to the floor with a yell as Piccard shook his head. "Jon, as much as I hate you doing that, could you please save it until we're ON the ship?" He over-enthusiastically nodded his head as Piccard turned back and looked on at the Von Braun. "Do you like it?" He turned to see Reginald staring with a look of remembrance clearly visible through the implants, and Piccard smiled. "Certainly takes me back though." Piccard started, however before he could continue, Anaetheron called over. "Guys, we're nearly docked!" The two looked up and saw themselves closing in on a shuttle door, and as Tom forced it open with magic, Piccard looked to the others and activated the com. "Guys, there's no backing out now!" He told them as the shuttle slowly moved into the bay, and as it landed, the alliance jumped down and the Sonic team walked out. "Welcome to the Von Braun."

 

"This is it is it?" Sonic asked as he looked around the drab brown walls of the bay, "This is SHODAN's ship is it?" "She was never one for decoration." Reginald told him as Piccard walked up. "Okay guys, now we need to work out how we'll do this." He told everyone as he sat down, and as they gathered round, Piccard looked over at the Sonic team. "You sure that you'll be alright without weapons?" "Course we will," Sonic told him, "We've defeated worse!" `Sure you have.' Anaetheron thought as Piccard smirked. "Okay, you're sure then are you? Then I'll assign you the upper work." He pulled a pad out of his pocket and handed it to Tails. "This pad contains my tactics. The alliance will tackle this deck and Med-sci. I want you guys to go up and tackle Hydroponics and operations." "What do we do after that?" Rouge asked as Bio walked up, "The first team up to deck 5 tackles that and we meet at the central lift on deck 5 to get to command." "Hold up," Sonic asked, "We have no idea of direction." "Then you'll need help, Chaos and Xerxes will accompany you." Xerxes walked over whilst Chaos leapt over and fell down in front of Ell, who only laughed as Piccard sighed.

 

"Okay guys," Sonic started as they walked off and towards the lift to hydroponics, "What can we expect on this deck Xerxes?" "Hydroponics?" Xerxes enquired, and after a reassuring nod from the others he sighed. "My radar detects that SHODAN's using the hydroponics deck for the same thing she did before." "Which was?" Cream asked, and Xerxes only sighed. "It's an annelid breeding ground, where SHODAN creates her troops!" As the others looked on in shock as they entered the lift, Amy looked to Chaos. "Think we'll be alright?" "Amy I can't be certain," He started as he readied his pistol, "But I know one thing," The door flew open as he rolled out and dodged a volley of laser fire from a group of cyborgs, "This ain't gonna be easy, brace yourselves!"

 

Piccard heard laser fire from up the shaft as he looked to the entrance of the tube network. "To get the command lift working we need to navigate these tubes and re-activate the core." "Let's go then." Dark started as he walked forward, and smashed face first into the door as Bio pulled out a tricorder. "This doors magically sealed!" Anaetheron looked it over and sniffed the air, recoiling as he picked up a scent, "The area behind is flooded with gas!" "Worse than that," Cybos started as his internal radar beeped, "There's a human life-sign in there." That caused Piccard to stall as he span. "Wait, human, unaltered?" "Yup!" Piccard span and blasted the door hard, "We have to vent the gas somehow, break it down and I'll go through!"

 

/\/** =/\=

 

I know that's not as long as usual, but they're finally onboard! Now we know that the fics gonna end a few years sooner, but I'm thinking of writing some kind of follow up with no plot and plenty of R rated humour, but I want feedback on that idea before I try it! Anyway, how was that chapter? Goo, oh hell with that no-one answers anyway! Please review!

 

Piccard, signing out!