Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Weeping Willow Creek -- Someone To Play With ❯ Damn Neighbors! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PART 2

"Come on sis. let's go say goodbye to all our friends." Maru said, grabbing Murdoc's arm.

First they visited Raine at Magic Mountain and bought some demonic/gothic/egyptian/celestial stuff to decorate their new rooms with.

"Farewell, girls"

"Bye Raine."

next and last they went to the morgue to say bye to Stanley and Karen.

"We will come and visit you, girls." Karen said.

"Yeah. Maybe you could meet some kids your own age to play with..." Stanley suggested sadly.

"Aw, it's okay, don't cry. We may make new friends but they could never replace you guys." Murdoc said in one of the rare moments where she actually experiences human emotions.

"That's right. You two are like family to us." Maru said as she and Murdoc closed the morgue doors behind them.

~THE NEXT DAY~

Chris, Richard, Murdoc, Maru and Dick piled into the van, and everyone except for Murdoc and Maru waved goodbye. Since Maru actually had to put her things in her suitcase this time, they were shipping Little Timmy by mail.

Many hours later, Dick pulled into a run-down building with broken windows and spray paint on the walls.

"Oh, don't tell me..." groaned Maru.

"Okay, we're here! Everybody out!" said Dick enthusiastically.

Murdoc and Maru dragged their suitcases up to a small room in the corner of the apartment above the restaurant. It was dusty and the air was stale.

"Now I know hoe Timmy felt in his coffin." Maru said.

"This is disgusting...eek! A spider! Get it away! Get it away!" Murdoc threw her suitcase on the ground and ran outside.

~OUT SIDE~

No sooner had she saved herself from the spider, did a group of kids about her age come by, spotting Murdoc curled up on the curb shivering.

"Hey, are you okay?" A short midget kid said to Murdoc.

"Be gone, mold!..." Murdoc growled as she clutched her legs to her chest even tighter.

"Um, it's okay. We wont hurt you.." another one said.

"No one's there, no one's there..." Murdoc said to herself over and over, shutting her eyes tightly.

"Want me to help you up?" the girl said, extending her arm to her.

A look of fear came over Murdoc as if she were an abused puppy.

"MARU!!!!!" screamed Murdoc in terror.

A few seconds later, Maru burst out the doorway with a metal pipe in her hands.

"HEY! Get away from here, you scavengers! Leave my sister alone!" She raised the pole, ready to strike.

The midget stepped forward.

"Take it easy. We were only trying to help your sister!"

Maru looked down, and became suddenly overcome by her fear of midgets. She ran towards the house, dropping the pole. Murdoc was right at her heels.

"Stop making fun of us!!!" she screamed at the doorstep, just before slamming the door behind them, leaving their peers in confusion at the side of the road.

~INSIDE~

The girls ran upstairs as fast as they could. Once there, they made a small part in their blinds and peeked out to where the others stood.

"Those amoeba bacteria sure have a lot of nerve forming their mold right in front of our restaurant." Murdoc said, using all her favorite metaphors to describe human kind in one long run on sentence that will just never seem to end because it is a run on sentence that runs on and on.

The four outside crossed the street and entered another building.

"Oh, shit, one of them must live there. I hope it's not that midget kid." shuddered Maru.

"Why are you so afraid of short people, Maru?" asked Murdoc.

"I don't know, they're just freaks of nature... they remind me of gremlins" she replied.

"Oh, well, at least they're small and most likely weak so I could protect you." Murdoc said.

"Yeah." agreed Maru, remembering how they always used to get beat up at school, and needed their siblings to protect them. Now they only had Chris, who was on the verge of OD, and Richard who was extremely obese. Oh, and Timmy. But he was not the social type, not even to defend his beloved sisters.

Just then an eerie ring rang through the house. It was the telephone.

"Girls, it's for you" Dick called up the narrow cob-web infested staircase.

Both the girls were in shock and disbelief. Who would all them here? No one ever called them. Not even in Weeping Willow Creek...

"It's probably just Jane checking up on us." Maru said nervously. "You- You go answer it, Murdoc." she said, practically shoving her twin sister down the stairs.

Murdoc took the phone from Dick and held the receiver up to her ear.

"Ummm, hello?" she said.

"Oh, hi." The voice said. "You're one of the girls that just moved in next door, right? Well, my friends and I talked with your brothers and they explained everything. Now, I know that you two aren't used to other kids besides your family, but we're all really sorry. We didn't know, and we want you to come over so we can talk in person."

"Uh, we, um, can't. My sister's afraid of midgets." Murdoc said unnaturally.

"I'm not a midget!" the voice blurted out. "I'm just over due for a growth spurt, that's all!"

"Sure..." said Murdoc, finding this new emotion of 'amusement' somewhat suffocating her...

"I suppose I can meet with you and your friends under the one condition that my brothers Richard and Chris will be there, and also I know that Maru will not attend." she told the boy.

There was a moment of silence.

"Uh, okay." he said. "Chris and Richard are already here, and tell Maru that we are extending our apologies to her as well."

"Alright" Murdoc said and hung up the phone before realizing that one should make a closing statement, such as'good bye' when hanging up a phone.

"Oh well" she thought as she went up to tell Maru the bad news.

~

"You're brave" Maru said after Murdoc had told her everything.

"Yeah, well, not really. I'm just stupid. But this way we can learn more about human behavior and how to use it to our advantage. I'll be sure to tell you everything. Oh ya, and I'm wearing this wire which will allow us to communicate."

"Good luck and god speed, Murdoc" Maru said

As Murdoc exited the restaurant, Timmy appeared beside Maru.

"This is going to be funny" he said as he and Maru listened to the speaker on the transmitter Murdoc had left for them.

~

KNOCK, KNOCK, Murdoc knocked on the neighbors door.

Midget-boy answered. "Come on in. I'm Yugi."

"That's an .. interesting name" Murdoc said awkwardly, stepping inside.

"Thanks. This is Joey, Tea, and Tristen. Say hi guys" Yugi said.

"Hi..."

"Hi, I'm called Murdoc" she said shyly.

"That sounds like a boy's name" Joey said.

"Yeah, well, I think Joey is a way dumber name than Murdoc!" Murdoc snapped viciously.

Suddenly, Murdoc's shirt started laughing. Everyone stared at her questioningly.

"Shut up Maru and Timmy!" Murdoc yelled to her tapped shirt.

"Sorry" said the shirt.

"Hey," Joey said "Who's Timmy?"

"My dead brother who Maru and I resurrected from the grave. It's a long story." explained Murdoc, while adjusting the speaker in her shirt.

"Huh?"

"Well, I guess we shouldn't take all the credit, our friends at the morgue helped, too"

"You're way more screwed up then your brothers let on," Yugi said. "I'd like you to leave. Oh, and don't bother telling Maru that she can be our friend, she's probably just like you."

"Shut up!" Maru said from her radio. "Murdoc, get one of his possessions, I want to put a spell on him!!"

Murdoc grabbed Yugi's hair and ripped some out and ran back home.

"Wait, slow down" Dick said as she entered. "How's your new friends?" he asked

"Who, those amoeba? I don't think so. And how dare you think I'd make friends with the human race?" Murdoc screamed at Dick and then ran upstairs.

"Wait, Murdoc!" Dick yelled up, wishing he had an office at his new residence.