Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ The Legacy ❯ Problems arise ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

THE LEGACY
by Black Fury

(Disclaimers on Chp 1)

CHAPTER 4: Problems arise



Very Well. Our plans are going perfectly. soon, the Backdraft Group will return. FUMA TEAM!
Yes?
I need you to take your GenoSaurers and attack ZBC Headquarters, AFTER you eradicate the Blitz Team, in their battle, which is to
occur tommorow.
Yes sir.
Altiel." a vidscreen had activated in the large room, within Altiel's Super Whale King, an improvement on the Great Whale King built by Dr. Layon.
"Yes, Sarah?
I need you to track down the Bezerk Fury. We need that Zoid. How is Project Zenebas coming along?
3 GenoBreakers, the Liger Zero X, 6 GenoSaurers, and the Death Saurer. We believe we have discovered the location of the Guylos Empire's...
COMMANDER, WE'RE TRACKING AN ESCAPED ZOID!
What? Repeat that, Lieutenant Hawking?
The NightWolf has escaped, commander
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO ME! MY PLAN WAS PERFECT! HOW COULD IT HAVE ESCAPED?
Altiel turned off the screen, and Sarah chuckled.

"Could it be, sir that the...
Shut up, lieutenant Starwind." Altiel was furious. They'd just lost his brand-new Zoid, and its Organoid, which they'd found in some ruins.
"Sir, it could be that the unit did not want to cooperate.
What do you mean?
Well, sir, Organoids have a will of their own, and if they dislike something, they may rebel against their partner. and seek a new one.
Well done. We will find that Zoid. Lieutenant Starwind, you're promoted to Lieutenant Commander. Take LT Hawking, and find the NightWolf. Recover it, or destroy it...
Yes Sir!"


"Incoming communication: private for Bit Cloud." This announcement broke the silence of the HoverCargo, awakening a young man, asleep at the controls: Jamie Hermeros.
30 years old, he was the Blitz Team's Battle Planner, and Air Support pilot.
BIT! WAKE UP!
AAAH! OUCH! that hurt.What's this?
i do't know, it's not opening.
Let me try.
Channeling communication to comm unit 3: Bit Cloud
"Hi, Bit." the communication was from the 26-year old leader of the Jungle Team. "I finally found my former boss, using a Sinker. They've got some major fire power: 3 GenoBreakers, 6 GenoSaurers, and a Death Stinger Scorpion Type knock-off. it's about 1/3rd the size of the original, and 1/10th the power. But the bad news doesn't end there:
I believe they're looking for the Death Saurer." the screen switched to a view of a huge, and very ugly, Dinosaur type. "designed by the Guylos Empire as an Ultimate Weapon, the Death Saurer is the largest of all Zoids, and packs 20 times more firepower than both our entire teams:16-shot Concealed Rear-facing Mortar; Various 20mm Cannons, 30mm Cannons, and small rocket pods; hardened alloy Claws, and a Superheated Plasma-particle Cannon capable of annihilating a city in one attack. It's unstoppable.
Several "offshoot" designs were kept: GenoSaurer, GenoBreaker,...and my Fury, of which there's only one. just pray they never find it. Good luck in battle, and I hope you never see it." The communication ended.
Damn. that's bad." Jamie swore, for the second time that day. Bit was too concerned to notice
Very bad. with the Death Saurer in their hands, assuming they find a pilot, the Backdraft Group could easily become the Backdraft Empire.
Is the Death Saurer an Ultimate X?" Jamie asked
"No Jamie." Answered someone behind them. "There are very few Ultimate X Zoids, and even fewer Organoids. Bit, prepare LZ, we battle the Jungle Team in 2 hours
Wait a minute!" Bit suddenly yelled "Kevin, how long have you been here?
Long enough. I'm going for a run." with that, Kevin left.

"Well, this battle is a total loss." He remembered that day very well. His last battle, until 2 years ago, when Vega Obscura had approached him, and offered him to register with his team. He and Sanders had signed on, Sanders piloting a Dark Horn. He also remembered the events leading up to that battle: He had hijacked one of their many black Whale Kings, and left Backdraft to register solo with the ZBC. He remembered Bit Cloud...
Stoller? Hey, are you awake?
Yes, Pierce. I am awake. I was merely...thinking.
Oh, OK. You can think after the battle. Now go get ready..."

THE AREA AROUND A 35-MILE RADIUS IS DESIGNATED AS A ZOID BATTLEFIELD. ONLY COMPETITORS AND PERSONEL MAY ENTER. DANGER! ALL OTHERS LEAVE AT ONCE. AREA SCANNED...BATTLEFIELD SET UP! THE BLITZ TEAM VERSUS THE JUNGLE TEAM. BATTLE MODE O999. READY...FIGHT!

And so it began. Leena and Naomi served as lookouts. Brad went against Sanders' Dark Horn, Bit against Vega, who was not using the Fury, but a Lightning Saix. Kevin decided to sit it out, stay on guard. Jamie was taking on Pierce. And then, Stoller stepped in, with his Elephander.
Finally! something to do! And Spiner attacked the Elephander with a vicious tackle, which flipped the Zoid sideways. He got up and fired a missile barrage, which exploded harmlessly a mile away, every missile hit by a mini-defense cannon.
"He's better than I thought. It's a standoff" and Stoller activated his shield, at the same time as Kevin. "A true warrior, this Kevin Batterson. And his Zoid is extremely rare. A Dark Spiner..."
Meanwhile, Jager was having a tough time keeping up with the Saix. "Good Zoid, Vega!"
Thanks! picked it 'cause of you, you know.
Say what?
Because of your Blue Liger Armor, Jager! I picked a Saix to fight it! Had you picked any other, I'd've used Fury.
Uh-huh.

Fang Lead, we have visual on the target.
Roger, 8 hostiles, 2 airbornes.
Fang Lead, this is Fang two, we got incoming. 2 targets, Raynos and Storm Sworder Pterodactyl-types. Head's up.
I've got visual, 2 o'clock low gaining altitude. Fang Squadron att--" The Zabat's pilot never finished his sentence. The Sworder's wing blade had cut straight through the cockpit, ripping it in half and obliterating it in a fireball that destroyed his wingmen.

Excellent move, Pierce!
Thanks...uhm...Hey watch it! Incoming Zabat!"
I knooooow! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!" the Raynos, having taken a hit, went into an inverted, spinning dive, and pulled up 15 feet from the ground!
Holy Shit! How the hell could he survive that?
Never mind that! The Wild Eagle has returned!
what?" Pierce wondered. then Wild Eagle destroyed half the air wing in a single boom, and left. She extended both blades, and dove spinning straight into the middle of the formation, taking out all but two, which left. She went supersonic and boomed them, annihilating both.
How can that Fox be so fast? And where is..." just then, gunfire rocked his Dark Horn. Aah! Shit! He's behind me. He turned around to face the ShadowFox, which took him out with a Strike Laser Claw. "Command System Freeze? Damnit!" Sanders was down. And suddenly, so was Brad.
Take that, Blitz team. I told you we would have our revenge!
MAJOR POLTA?!!!
that's Commmander Polta to you, you treacherous scum. You, Stigma Stoller, stole our Zoids and betrayed us! for that, you shall die!
I think not. Fancy a dogfight? My Storm Sworder versus yours.
Of course, bitch!" and he launched a salvo of dogfighting missiles.
WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?! AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" Pierce was down
What?" alarms were going off all over, and suddenly, a shot rang out, and a bullet pierced his cockpit part to part. The loss of pressurization caused his Zoid to collapse, beginning a flat-spin at 300 km/h. He never had time to scream before being destroyed, a third shot from Naomi Flugel destroying his Zoid in a massive fireball.
WILD WEASEL UNIT TOTAL ASSAULT! One of the approaching Mad Thunders was down. Raynos did a flyby and took care of a few more, and Naomi sniped the rest, only to be downed by a Red Horn shooting her from behind. Suddenly, they began dropping like flies. All of the others turned to see Vega's Lightning Saix and the Zero Jager firing at them, from the top of the Jungle Team Whale King, an old "Backdraft" Black Whale King, assisted by 4 more Lightning Saix, on the cliff, and a red Blade Liger: Jack and Alex Sisco, Leon Toros and the Tasker sisters! Suddenly, Jager and the Jungle Saix were gone, but the Lightning Team was still firing. Leon had gone to assist Naomi in getting to their Cargo to mobilize her GunSniper. Suddenly, 5 Great Whale Kings arrived. Stoller was shot down by one of them, and they each mobilized several dozen Redler Dragon-types. Kevin prepped his Charged Particle Gun, and fired. Suddenly, 3 more C-P blasts appeared out from under a cliff.
BURNING BIG BANG!" Bit destroyed most of the Zabats, and Wild Eagle took down the rest. 4 Whale Kings exploded, destroyed by blasts from the newly mobilized Berserk Fuhrer, aka Berserk Fury, and the Dark Spiner, who'd also taken out several Red Horns and Mad Thunders, though the GunBlusters evaded his attack. They converged towards Panzer, and several of them stayed back and downed the GunSniper and Blade Liger. The Saixes had gone, on Stoller's command.
He let lose a missile barrage, and began firing the Gatling on the back of the Unit, up towards the last Whale King.

Ah. Liger, let's do something. Hybrid Cannons, huh? All right, Let'em loose. The Mad Thunders activated their shields, which were promptly anihilated by the salvo. Another salvo destroyed those that had not been hit by Stoller's fire.
BATTLE RESUMED. THE BLITZ TEAM VERSUS THE JUNGLE TEAM! BATTLE MODE 0999. READY...FIGHT!
Stigma Stoller here. The Jungle Team forfeits the match.
THE JUNGLE TEAM FORFEITS THE MATCH! BATTLE OVER. THE WINNER IS...THE BLITZ TEAM!
Hey, Bit!
Yeah, Vega?
How 'bout you guys bring your Hover Cargo under here and have dinner at our place? What do you say, team. Blitz team come over?
Hell Yeah! We owe'em big time! Come on guys!
You got it!

So, Kevin. where did you get the Organoid?" Vega asked, looking at Siege. "He's...uhm...pretty unusual." Siege was asleep, curled up on the biggest couch he could find, which easily seated 6. But only one Organoid.
Well it's pretty weird, he seems to get along great with Mike, but he kind of ignores everyone else.
except Liger and Spiner. I can tell you how it happened though." Mike added
All right, shoot." And Mike proceeded to tell how Siege had literally dropped into their lives.
He is weird though. I mean he's a bit bigger than the others were. And he's not as sleek, he looks more well, man-made.
Yeah, Mike, you're right. Zeke and Shadow, the original Organoids, were smaller, slimmer and sleeker. Your Siege looks boxy, like it's armored.


Leena's right. the only parts that look organic are those tiny spikes around his head, and on his elbows. Suddenly, the lights went out, and a funny hissing sound could be heard, accompanied by a weird smell, like bug spray. "Dioxis!" Stoller yelled. "A powe-" and he dropped unconscious.
"Knockout Gas!" Kevin yelled, before he and Vega dropped. within 5 minutes, everyone was asleep, and a truck could be heard leaving extremely fast. Later, when the teams awoke...
SIEGE IS MISSING!
AND OUR ZOIDS HAVE BEEN STOLEN!