Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ The Legacy ❯ Success and failure ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

THE LEGACY
by Black Fury

DISCLAIMERS
1. I DO NOT OWN, OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH "ZOIDS". I WOULD LIKE TO OWN IT, BUT OH WELL!
2. I HAVE TO GIVE CREDIT TO "DARK SPINER" FOR INVENTING THE CHARACTER "Kevin Batterson", AND HIS ULTIMATE X "DARK SPINER". ALSO, FOR LETTING ME USE "Isaac Cloud" AND "Zephyr".
3. I HAVE TO GIVE CREDIT TO "MARIA DANAMA" FOR INVENTING HARRY CHAMP'S ULTIMATE X "DEIFIC CAT".
4. THIS FANFIC IS MEANT AS A PARALLEL STORY TO "Old Conflicts Renewed" found on ANIME ADMIRER'S ZOIDS PLUS NOW ENJOY!!!
5. If you want to contact me, my e-mail is ultimatefury@lycos.com.

CHAPTER 5: Success and Failure


SIEGE!!!" Mike screamed. After hours and hours of searching, the boxy-looking Organoid had been found and in bad shape, at that. He was hauled to the Hover Cargo, growling weakly most of the way. but Mike heard everything: "De-Death-Sau-rer...Backdraft-Death Saurer..." And the worn-out Zoid lost consciousness...

Well?
We still have not found the NightWolf, Commander Altiel.
That's a problem. You failed me. Now, you must suffer the consequences..." 2 shots rang out and the officer slumped to the ground, his neck pierced through by a snub-nosed bullet. Lieutenant Hawking suffered the same fate.
"Clean up this mess!" snapped Altiel, adressing a young janitor, holding a Beretta 9 mm pistol.
Yes, Sir.
Altiel, formerly the second most important man in the Backdraft Group, was the founder of the New Backdraft Organization. A cold-blooded man, he did not tolerate failure. Those who failed him died. Lieutenant Commander Gene Starwind and Lieutenant James Hawking had failed him. They had died. Polta, his chief airborne Zoid pilot, and commander of the Gold Team, had failed him: he was killed in battle.
The Nightwolf is the Ultimate high-performance Zoid." he said to himself. "Its armor comparable in strength to the Heldigunner's, the NightWolf's speed exceeded 300 km/h. very few Zoids were faster: Only the Shadowfox, Lightning Saix, and Liger Zero Jager. Its overall defensive capabilities were unequaled, except by the Liger Zero Panzer, which was several times slower and less maneuvrable.
A tall woman, dressed in blue, entered. She was the former custodian of the Berserk Fuhrer Ultimate X project and Guardian to the Fury's pilot Vega Obscura, now leader of the Jungle Team. "The targets have been acquired, Commander Altiel." "Excellent. Now we possess every existing Ultimate X: The Dark Spiner, Bezerk Fury, and both Liger Zero zoids. All we need are both Ligers' corresponding armors...

Well, Emperor? My contacts tell me a transport that could be carrying the stolen Zoids entered the Eastern Continent, where the Backdraft is based." Lieutenant Commander Thomas R. Schubaltz III reported. A direct descendant of the Guardian Force leader, the 28-year old Dibison pilot served under Rudolf the Fifth, Emperor of Guylos.
"Send a Reconder to find them. Its stealth capabilities should allow it to enter enemy territory.
Yes sir. I'll contact Madam President Camford immediately. she's launched 3 StealthSworders, which will join up with our Reconder."
"Perfect, Commander." 5 minutes later, a black Redler-type Zoid with a massive recon dish took off from an Imperial base. Within 10 minutes it had reached 3 black Storm Sworders and all Zoids had gone supersonic. As they crossed a light cloud formation two miles out of range of enemy radar, they dove to below 200 feet, and disappeared.


How're we supposed to battle without Zoids?
Cool it Leena, we'll fig..
SHUT UP BIT OR I'LL KILL YOU! I CAN'T FIGHT WITHOUT MY GUNSNIPER!
Bit's right though. Pierce do we have any of those?" The Jungle and Blitz Team were inside the Jungle Team's base, an abandoned UltraSaurus, which had served as the finish line for the royal cup, 13 years earlier. It had been moved, then buried, so that only the cockpit protruded from the ground, and a hatch several yards in front served as a Mobilization ramp. it led to the ramps on the UltraSaurus. Behind it, two totaled Whale Kings served as repair facilities, and Hangars. Connected to each other and the UltraSaurus by several tunnels, they were also buried. The only bit visible was the Control Towers on top of the Zoids. Overall, the Jungle Team Base could house some 250-300 Zoids, and several hundred men. Inside, a handsome young man with jet-black hair and brown eyes, was adressing a tall, attractive, green-haired woman. She left, and returned 5 minutes later with an answer: We have two, and several Missile Pods compatible. Given time, we can put up a Zoid similar to Leena's, but with inferior firepower and accuracy, as we lack a Wild Weasel Unit.
All right, All right. said Leena Batterson, the Gunsniper pilot. The "trigger-happy" type, she was married to a cool, calculating man named Kevin Batterson, who piloted a rare Dark Spiner Spinosaurus type, made even rarer by the Organoid system bonded to its core.
Kevin's son, Mike interrupted; What about the rest of us?
We have 2 Blade Ligers, several Shield Ligers, and a handful of GenoSaurers. Any questions?
Mike continued: "What about Jamie?"
Pierce looked straight at a shy, black-haired youth in back of the group. He shrank back, but perked right back up at Pierce's answer:"He can borrow my Zabat. I understand it's similar to the Pteras.
OK. it's sett.. "BEEPBEEP"
A communication from Helic Headquarters!
HOLY SHIT! PRESIDENT CAMFORD HERSELF?

Indeed." The Madam President replied. she smiled, then continued Blitz Team?
Yes?" Mike, Kevin, Leena, Jamie Brad and Bit answered simultaneously.
Imperial Forces spotted a violet Whale King transporter, marked 098975X. I believe it interrupted your battle? A large hole in the right fin booster seems to have come from A C-P Gun, and it was riddled with bullet holes.
Yeah. The only one that got away." answered Bit.
So you think it's got our Zoids?" asked Brad Hunter.
Yes indeed. a joint Helic-Guylos reconnaissance unit was sent to verify that. Its reports confirm seeing A Dark Spiner, Storm Sworder, Shadowfox, GunSniper, Raynos, Blade Liger, Liger Zero and the Berserk Fuhrer being unloaded from the transports.
Vega Obscura suddenly interrupted: "I'll destroy them all if they harm the Fury!
Vega, that's impolite. Besides, they've got more power than us." stated a tall dark-haired man who had just entered the room: This was Sanders, chief pilot of the Elephander project, now pilots a custom navy blue Dark Horn. Besides him stood his superior officer, Stigma Stoller. Stoller, a tall, grey-haired man in his 30's, still piloted the Elephander which he'd stolen from the Backdraft, as well as a Whale King.
Hello, Bit Cloud.
Stoller... Still pilot the Elephander, I see.
I wouldn't let go of it for all the money on Zi.

Anyway. continued the Madam President, I've put several Stealth Sworders at your disposal, and the Empire has Reconders available.
Huh?" no one knew what these Zoids were.
Custom stealth Redlers and Storm Sworders." Jamie piped up. This was the first thing he'd said all day. "I'd like to see that. Thank you Madam President. We'll contact you as to whether or not we'll go." President Camford signed off.
Hey Bit!
Yeah, Vega?
Come on up to the cockpit, there's something I need your help with." In the cockpit on the floor, lay a fairly complex unit: a large keypad of some sort, connected to a small portable generator, and a large yellow handle.
The stealth shield from my truck! How the hell did you get it, that thing was custom-made!
From a Truck I bought. Red and green one. So it's a stealth shield, huh?
Yeah. When I was a junk dealer, I used it to sneak into or hide in a battlefield. Last time I used it, a Shield Liger tripped over my truck.
Leon Toros, right?
Yeah. then, the next day, I piloted the Liger Zero for the first time, and registered with the Blitz Team. It was the same day the Tigers Team's winning streak ended, and the Blitz Team's began.
Well, then. you know, the Fury's the only thing I've piloted so far. I wonder if the GenoSaurer's much different.
probably not much more than the Liger Zero is from the Shield Liger, Although the cockpit's in the chest. I'll borrow a Blade Liger, though, if you don't mind. Now let's get that shield installed." Then, he remembered something. "Actually, I also used it when, at one point, one of Harry's robots fell in love with a judge!"Both burst out laughing

Several earsplitting roars sounded around the hanger. They came from several units, chained to the hangar: A white Liger-type, a similar red Liger, and a blue-green Dark Spiner Spinosaurus type. Another unit, attached at the other end of the hangar was connected to an EMP generator which neutralized its Charged-particle guns. the large, light gray Tyranosaur type had used them to get loose several times and had already killed a dozen or so pilots, who'd tried entering the cockpit. What no one had expected, though, was that the Bezerk Fury would use its buster claw to destroy the EMPG, then use a triple C-P attack to blast open a nearby wall, thereby escaping. that's exactly what happened. Nobody expected that it would open its tail vents and activate its hover-thrusters, thereby doubling its speed. The Fury was lost. Altiel took his anger out on the person in charge of securing the Fury: the man was killed.
Later, the Dark Spiner also escaped. Both froze when 4 black Redlers approached, then landed.
FURY!
SPINER!" out came Kevin Batterson, Vega Obscura, Bit Cloud, and Stigma Stoller. "Hey Vega! looks like you won't have to pilot a GenoSaurer after all! But then, they saw something approach at low altitude...

"Brad behind you!" The Battle was not going well for the Blitz Team. 2 on 5, Leena was out and so was Jamie. "I know, but this Shield Liger isn't exactly maneuverable. Judge! requesting permission to switch Zoids!
REQUEST RECEIVED. DELIBERATING...DELIBERRATING... REQUEST APPROVED.
All right. Pierce, prepare the Blade Liger!" Sanders, avoid their fire for a while willya?" Sanders was filling in, secretly.
"Easy! The GunBluster has a Shield!" He then fired. all weapons. 2 of the Crusaders' Saber Tigers went out. "Yes, 3 on 1. Now where's that…AAH!" A Konig Wolf had fired a dual Sniper rifle. Sanders went down, and started discharging smoke from special emmiters behind his Zoid's Weapons Unit. "Brad!" A Blade Liger had just appeared, and began firing at the Koning Wolf. Then Sanders took it out. Brad took out an attacking Redler, which left the Gun Tiger. A fierce dual ensued, but Brad emerged victorious. Sanders finished off the Gun Tiger.
BATTLE OVER...BATTLE OVER... THE WINNER IS THE BLITZ TEAM!
Hey Sanders. I thought you were out.
No way. down, but not out. Then a communication came in from Mike. "I found the Reconders. They found Fury and Spiner, and the 5 of us are attacking the Backdraft Base.
What are you using Mike, and why'd it take you a week to get there?
The freakiest thing. halfway through, Siege landed the GenoSaurer. We were using the thrusters and vents to hop from one Island to the next. Anyway, He landed ejected me from the GenoSaurer and formed a kind of ruby cocoon around it. He was there for 3 days or so. When he came out, The GS was all red, and he had these huge Buster Claws on his arms, and a horn on the head. He was also bigger. So to answer your first question, I'm in a GenoBreaker T-Rex type!
Holy Shit!" interjected Stoller "is Siege...
permanently bonded to him? No. He came out of the Breaker, when the cocoon disappeared and he took a nap! I couldn't wake him for 24 hours, and then, he was still tired, so he slept on top of the Breaker's arm. I protected him with the Claw. And Dad, something's changed about Siege. remember how he looked kinda bulky, with all that grey armor that made him look like the Fury?" He transmitted to the Dark Spiner.
"Yeah, what about it?" answered Kevin
" It's gone. Now, he's sort of blue-green. kinda like the Spiner, but darker. and he's got these spikes on his elbows and head it looks totally cool.
Okay, then. I'll see that when we get home.
So, Mike, uhm... How's the GenoBreaker?" Doc Toros asked "I have the model, you know, and it's the coolest-looking thing ever!
" Looks even cooler in real life, Doc. And guess what? the thing's got a shield!
suddenly, Vega butted in: "If you want it, I'll let you have it. it's number 361, right?
Yeah, it is. Why?
I should warn you, there's a problem with it. the leg servomotors-
-tend to overheat, Siege told me. He said he'd try and fix it. you want the Blade Liger?
Nah. I just heard the Crusaders Team abandoned a totalled Koning Wolf. the local junk dealer's a friend of mine he said he'd hold it for me.
Thanks Vega. Hey, watch it! GenoSaurer C-P Gun!" The Fury's shield went up, then its buster claw stabbed through the head.
Dad, watch it!" Kevin's Dark Spiner was in danger from an attack by a red Liger-type Zoid.
"Strike Laser CLAW!!!" The Liger glowed golden. the Spiner seemed to shrug, then shot the Liger out of the air. Command System Freeze. "SHIT!". Then, a black Whale King picked up the Liger Zero, Shadowfox, Raynos, GunSniper, Elephander, Dark Horn, Blade Liger and Storm Sworder, as well as the Reconders.
Come on, guys, let's finish this!" 5 charged particle blasts launched, and completely destroyed the base. Later, while on their way, they turned around, and took down a Dark-Judge satellite orbiting overhead. hit by 5 light particle blasts, it plummeted towards the base, and the explosion sunk the Island, on which had been a half-dozen bases. However, a heavily damaged, red Liger-Type Zoid was retrieved by an enemy Great Whale King...

Well, Siege." said Kevin to the Organoid. " You're finally rid of all that armor. feels better, huh?" for a response, the obviously happy Organoid tackled Kevin, then jumped and curled onto "his" couch. They were back at the Blitz Team base, and the GenoBreaker was fixed. Vega had indeed acquired a Koning Wolf, and repaired it. One of their Whale Kings had extensive repair facilities, with mostly extremely advanced Republican equipment. The Jungle Team used it to fix the Storm Sworder, GunSnipers and Ligers, as well as the Koning Wolf. On their base, a second Whale King held similarly huge facilities, manufactured by the Empire. They used that one for the Zabats, of which they had 2, the GenoSaurers and the Fury.
However, the happy mood was suddenly replaced with worry: The red Liger that attacked the Spiner, the previous day, was not just a red Liger. according to Doc Toros, the team's Zoids expert, it was the Guylos Empire's Lost Liger, the Liger Zero X...

geovisit();