Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Zoids: New Battle Century ❯ Consequences ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zane: Here's the latest chapter of this story. The author thinks he really messed this chapter up. Let's hear what you guys have to say about it. On with the disclaimer, title, and then the fic!!!

Disclaimer: I don't own Zoids. If I did, I would rub it in to all the other fanfic writers. Hehehehehehe.

Zoids: New Battle Century Chapter Four: Consequences

"It was awesome! He was all shooting at me, he was all (insert machine-gun like sounds from mouth here), and I was all, Buster Slash!!!" Bit was ranting and raving about how much better he did than Brad, and everyone was putting up with it for various reasons: Brad, because he felt Bit gained the right to rub it in when he won. Leena, because she wouldn't have anything to do with Harry anymore. Doc, because he just got a bunch of money. Jamie, because he didn't have any choice in the matter.

"Thanks, Bit!" Leena said, walking up and hugging him. "You did great."

"Yeah, I did, didn't I?" Bit said. "And you're welcome."

"Ahem!" Bit and the others turned to see Harry standing in the doorway to the hangar. He walked up to Bit, trying his best not to hit the guy. He extended his hand and said, "Good job, Bit. You truly are the better pilot, and I've decided to give up on trying to get Leena." Bit took his hand and shook it. "Well, I'm going back home now, so I'll see you guys later."

"Hey, Harry," Bit said. "I would've rather faced you out there, not Brad. Next time we meet, I wanna have a rematch against you, okay?"

Harry turned back to leave. "That is...if we do see each other again."

'Huh?' Bit thought. 'What's that supposed to mean?'

Harry took one last look at the Blitz Team, and then walked out of the hangar towards his Whale King.

"Man, he seemed really down," Bit said. "And why'd he give up on going after you just because of a Zoids battle?"

Leena quickly looked away, and then started walking towards the kitchen. "Who knows," she answered. "He is a weird person, I don't think anyone knows why he does something."

Doc left also, mumbling something about money to count.

Bit headed to his room, wanting to get out of his battle suit. He quickly changed, and before he walked out he noticed something on his dresser. He walked over to see a muffin resting on a piece of paper. He picked up the paper and read it.

Dear Bit,

I just wanted to thank you again for fighting Harry for me. I made this muffin for you, and somehow it turned out perfectly. I'm glad you didn't lose, and I'd like to talk to you about something later. Well, thanks again.

Leena

Bit picked up the muffin and tasted it. It was an apple cinnamon flavored one, one of his favorites. "Mmm, this is really good," he commented. "I should go thank her for-" He was cut off by a low rumbling sound and a small shake in the ground. "What the-what was that?"

Doc's voice came over the intercom, "Bit, Brad, Jamie! Hurry and get your Zoids ready! Harry's Whale King just smashed into the ground!"

Bit quickly headed to the hangar, surprised to find that the Liger was in the Jager mode. Seconds later, the three pilots were racing towards the crash site. Bit was the first to get there, followed by the Wild Eagle and Brad. The three of them began digging throught the rubble near where Harry's robots were digging.

"Hey, what happened here?!" Brad demanded, launching metal and other debris behind him.

"Harry lost control of the ship, and then it plummeted to the ground!" Benjamin answered. (A/N: I know the names of the two robots, Benjamin and Sebastion, but I don't remember which one is which. If someone could help me, it would be appreciated. I know one of them has a retractable arm-thingy, but I don't remember the other one.)

"And why weren't you buried in the rubble?" Wild Eagle (W.E.) asked.

"The impact threw us through a window, and that was a few minutes before you showed up," Sebastion said.

A faint moan was heard, causing the five of them to work harder. Minutes later, Harry's body was dragged out from under the rubble. His body was mangled, beaten, bruised, and pretty much broken, but he was somehow still alive. He was given to W.E., who rushed him to the hospital, while Bit and Brad returned to the base with the two robots.

/Blitz Team Base, An Hour Later/

Jamie walked into the base, his head drooping slightly to the ground. Everyone walked up to him, wanting an answer. He shook his head. "He's pretty badly injured. It's too early to tell if he'll make it."

Bit heard Leena mumble something, and he turned to look at her. She began to cry, and rushed into her room. Bit was gonna go after her, but Doc stopped him. "Leave her, Bit. I believe that she has somethink to think about."

Bit walked to his room. As soon as he entered, he saw another note on his desk. 'Too bad this one doesn't have a muffin accompanying it,' Bit thought as his stomach rumbled. He picked it up and read it. The handwriting was kinda sloppy, but he was able to read it.

Bit,

I think that somehow what happened with Harry was my fault. Please come to my room. I need someone to talk to.

Leena

Bit quickly headed to Leena's room. He heard muffled sobs coming from inside, and he knocked on the door lightly.

"Bit?" Leena's voice was barely audible, and she sounded like she had been crying for at least half and hour.

"Yeah, it's me."

The door opened, and Leena's face appeared in the doorway. Her face was red and puffy, and it was also tear-stained. "Come in," she said weakly.

"Leena, what's wrong?" Bit asked.

"Well, the thing is, me and Harry had a little side bet," she said in between sobs. "If you had won, he wouldn't come around me anymore. I guess that he thought that you knew and won quickly so that you could have me all to yourself."

"What?! How could you even think of saying that?!" Bit looked royally pissed, and Leena was a little scared. She couldn't think of any other time that she had seen him this angry. "You know how he can overreact! He probably thought that you hated his guts!"

"I know, and I'm sorry!" Leena began sobbing again. She stopped when she felt herself being hugged.

"I know," Bit said. "You're not the type of person to go and hurt someone like this on purpose."

Leena hiccupped, and then hugged Bit back. "Thanks for understanding."

"No prob," Bit said. "Now, are you gonna make up with him once he recovers?"

"But, what if he doe-"

"Don't worry, he will. He's not the best pilot in the world, but with all of the beatings he's taken, he's pretty much unkillable."

"I wish I was as confident as you," she whispered. "Thanks, Bit. I'm fine now, so you should go get some rest. It's pretty late."

"Alright," he said, letting go of her. "Hey, thanks for being honest with me."

She laid down as she heard her door swoosh shut. (Don't you love those high-tech automatic doors?)

The next two weeks went by the same way, day after day. Battle, and then worry about Harry while putting in some time to eat and sleep. On Wednesday of the third week after the accident, they got a phone call from the hospital saying that Harry had finally regained consciousness. The team decided to go see him.

After a fifteen minute drive, they finally drove to the hospital. The found a place to park the Jeep, and they then walked inside. A nurse recognized Jamie, and asked if they were here to see Harry. They said yes, and she led them to his room.

'I wonder if he'll even listen to what I have to say,' Leena thought. She felt a hand on her shoulder, and looked up to see Bit staring down at her, smiling. She smiled back and walked into the room.

To say Harry was surprised to see them would be an understatement. He was glad to finally have some guests.

The team took their turns giving him gifts they had brought with them, and he was truly glad to see them. Well, all of them except for Leena. With her here and him not able to move, he couldn't keep up his part of the bet. That, plus his longing for her love, eventually got him to ask them to leave. Everyone except for Leena and Bit left.

"Here, Harry," Leena said, ahnding him a clear container. "I made you some muffins." Harry mumbled a thanks, and didn't say anything else. "Harry, please listen to me. I'm really so-"

"Leena, please leave. Our bet was for me to stay away from you, and I'm not able to do anything, so please, leave." Harry's voice was cold, having nearly no feeling to it at all. He never looked at her, he chose to look straight up at the ceiling. "Please."

Leena left without saying anything else, and Harry turned to Bit. Bit handed him a small wrapped package. "Here you go. Oh, and try those muffins she gave you. They're really great."

Harry opened the package, and the gift was pictures of everyone from the Blitz Team.

"Those are for when you go home. Be sure not to forget about us!" Bit turned to walk out of the room. "Get better soon."

"Hey, Bit?" Bit turned back. "Why can't I ever grab her attention? How come I can't get her to notice me?"

"Well, I think you try too hard," Bit said. "I'll get her back over here tomorrow, and you two can talk things out."

"But, does she want me around?"

"Yeah, she does. We all do, you're one of the friends of the team. It'll be different once ya leave, though." He turned back towards the door.

"Hey, Bit? Will you set me up with her?"

"How about you give her a chance to speak next time?"

"Alright."

"And what happened, really? With the Whale King?"

"I just had a moment of weakness, and I'm sorry for what I've put you all through."

"Heh, don't sweat it. See ya later, Harry," Bit said, leaving the room.

"Later," Harry mumbled, closing his eyes. "Everything will be better tomorrow."

/END CHAPTER FOUR/

Zane: Well, the author, who I will begin to call Tim, has no ideas on how to continue this story. If anybody has any ideas, they are welcome. If this is turning into a romance, I will make fun of the poor bloke until the day he dies. Hahahahaha!!!