Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Zoids: New Battle Century ❯ Liger Zero versus Shadow Fox revisited ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here you go. Chapter three. Sorry if it's crappy.

Zoids Battle Century Chapter Three: Liger Zero Versus Shadow Fox Revisited

"Hey, Bit, are you alright?" Jamie asked, walking over to the blond pilot, who was squatting near a wall holding his stomach. "You nervous or something?"

"I wish," Bit replied. "No, Leena had me try some of her cooking."

"How? I lock all seventeen locks to that door after each meal. There's no way she could've gotten in there!"Jamie looked like he was going to cry. "Half of those are voice-recognition locks."

"Wait, if you lock the kitchen, how do I always get in there late at night?" Bit asked.

"I dunno," Jamie said with a shrug. "But we need to keep her away from there. Her cooking is worse than her ability to hold back on ammunition!"

"Yeah, no..."

"Bit! I've got some more muffins I'd like you to try!" Leena walked into the room, carrying a tray with little black lumps on it. "Oh, there you are!"

"Jamie, you'd better save yourself," Bit said, standing up. Turning to Leena, he put on a smile and said, "Oh, you do? Thanks, but you shouldn't have gone through so much trouble." He picked up one of the lumps, inspecting it carefully.

"Well, I just made these for you, you know, for good luck against Harry," Leena said. She picked one of the "muffins" and took a bite out of it. "Hmm, not bad."

"Thanks, Leena," Bit said as she left the room.

"You're a really nice person, Bit," Jamie said, coming out of his hiding spot. "You actually took one of the muffins?"

"Yeah, well, I know what she'd do to me if I wasn't nice. Or if I didn't take her food."

A pair of feet stopped before turning around the corner into Bit's and Jamie's view.

"I wish that she wouldn't be so...hyper all of the time." Bit looked down to his feet. "I mean, she's a good ally when you get on her good side, but if I didn't, she'd probably rip my spleen out of my body and feed it to me. What I don't see is how anyone could want to be around her if she's like that."

"Hey, Bit?" Jamie asked. "How do you feel about Leena?"

"Huh?! Where'd that come from?!"

"Well it seems that..."

"So is that why?" Leena walked out into the view of the two. "The only reason you're nice to me is because you're afraid of me?!"

"Leena?!"

"Well, I'm sorry I'm such a burden!" She ran off down the hall.

"Leena, wait!"

Doc's voice came over the intercom. "Bit, we're at the battle ground."

"Darn!" Bit hesitantly walked to the hangar and hopped into the Liger. Bit pressed a few buttons, activating the CAS unit to equip the Liger with the Schneider unit.

"Hey, Bit, are you ready?" Doc asked.

"No," Bit mumbled. Those things he said about her, Leena, he didn't mean for them to sound so hurtful. 'I need to finish this fast so I can go talk to her,' he told himself.

The white judge capsule was already waiting for the opponents to arrive. Harry's Whale King could be seen flying overhead. "Area scanned. Battlefield set up. Battle Mode 0953. Liger Zero versus Shadow Fox."

"What?!" Bit, Doc, and Jamie cried in unison.

"Jamie, what's going on?" Doc demanded.

"Hold on a sec. Aha, Battle Mode 0953. One-on-one competition where any one pilot can be in, no matter what team he's on."

"Heh, fine by me!" Bit said. "I've been wanting to finish this ever since he obtained the blasted thing!"

A dark object plummeted from the Whale King. Seconds later, the Shadow Fox landed nimbly on the ground. "Ready..." the judge continued. "Fight!"

The Fox started the battle by activating the gatling rifle on its back, but the Liger was too agile for it to be hit by the bullets.

"Sorry, Brad, but that's not gonna work," Bit taunted. The Liger then ran towards the other Zoid, activating the side blades. But, as with the Liger, the Shadow Fox was too quick to be sliced in half.

The Shadow Fox activated the smokescreen, backing into the safety of the darkness. Bit guided the Liger into the haze, searching for the Fox. Brad activated the gatling rifle again, running in circles around the Liger. There was no place for the Liger to really run to, and in turn, it got pummeled by the shots. The smoke was clearing wuickly, so Brad decided to end it now. "Alright, Fox. Strike Laser Claw!!" The fox ran towards the Liger, it's front paws beginning to glow gold.

"Heh, nice try, Brad," Bit said as the Fox leapt into the air. "But you've left yourself wide open for attack! Liger, Buster Slash!"

"Oh, sh-"

END OF CHAPTER THREE

A/N: Alright, so what'd you guys think of it? Crappy, right? I really don't know what I'm gonna do with the rest of this fic...I dunno. Well, the next chapter will be up soon. So go and read it when it gets up. Or else. And just to let you guys know, I have a fan character that will be doing the author notes for me from now on. Say hi, Zane.

Zane: Alright, go and review, buggers. Or I will do really bad things to you in your sleep.

Um...just read the next chapter.