Fan Fiction ❯ Guardians ❯ Over coming the fear ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 6It was dark, early in the morning and the edge of the beautiful kingdom grew bright with reds and oranges from torches. the flames lit the horizon. the blackness of early morning engulfed the edges of the fire. A girl with white blonde hair watched as they came."The end is coming. I just hope Alan will return in time." She said to the aid beside her. Then everything went darkAlan awoke with a start. He looked around in panic to find nothing. the guardians were all asleep and the moon and stars lit the navy sky. he sighed in relief. Alan looked around calmly and noticed he was wrong. One guardian was not there. but it was much to dark to really tell which it was."Awake are you?"Alan turned to the girl beside him. "Hello Elsa." He said looking back among the other girls. they all looked worn and tired."I thank you for saving willow yesterday." Elsa stated as she sat down."I didn't even know we were being aimed at. Someone is following us. And most likely because they know I'm trying to help my kingdom." Alan explained."And that is why I originally said No." Elsa told him."Oh, you just didn't want any of them hurt." Alan stated."Exactly. I knew you were just trying to save those you love, but I was trying to protect those I love." Elsa replied. "The guardians are like my family. My sisters." ""Then why did you change your mind?" Alan asked as the sun began to rise. Alan, now with more light, looked over the girls to be sure they were all safe."Willow did it really." Elsa Explained.Alan's gaze stopped on the sleeping water guardian. she was sound asleep with her hair feathered across her face. It was back to brown with the blue streaks. "How... Why did she change your mind?" Alan asked."She was so set on helping you. I'm sure even the others mentioned that she doesn't normally act that way. Normally, If I say no, she's the first to listen. we've received letters asking for our help on a daily bases. We have to go through them all and decide which are top priority. it's not an easy task. And Willow hate to turn down a village. But some are too dangerous, so I say no, and some are rather petty. So I say no. Willow is very soft hearted but she never defies me. So when she threatened to leave even if it meant that she could no longer be a guardian, and let down so many people just to help you, I knew there was something there I wouldn't be able to hold her back. and I can't let someone like Willow out on their own. So I accepted what you had asked." Elsa finished explaining."Why was she so set on helping me?" Alan asked."That, is not something that you should be asking me. But I'm not sure Willow knows yet. But if you watch her reactions to everything and her eyes, it's rather obvious." Elsa said. "Now, Alan, can I ask you of a favor?" "Yeah, sure." Alan answered as he watched Willow carefully, trying to figure out what Elsa had said."I want you to keep an eye on Willow. Keep her safe." Elsa said."What? I guess I can do that." Alan settled. "what are you two talking about?" Both Elsa and Alan looked back to the girls for who spoke. Willow was smiling tiredly ."Morning Willow." Elsa said as she got up. "Come. Let's check your wounds." "I don't want to...." Willow whined."Come on now. You should be acting 17, not 7." Elsa said with a stern smile."Coming..." Willow sighed.Alan was so lost in thought he didn't notice any of this happening. and he didn't notice the other three awakening."Alan...." Alie waved her hand in front of his face. "What? Oh Alie. Good morning." Alan said as he shook his head free of the thoughts."Thinking about your Princess again?" Alie asked with a sly smile.Alan smiled and got up to walk away. But as he turned he noticed Willow and Elsa coming back. Alan smiled, but quickly got rid of it before Willow looked up. Her eyes were troubled and upset. and there was a hint of fear."What's wrong Willow?" Alan asked as he approached her."Elsa says I can't walk. the wound isn't fully healed yet. and The people may still be after us. that means I have to go by horse." Willow said as she looked at the horses with fear. Alan chuckled lightly. Willow glared."Willow it's not that bad. come on. If Alie can do it. then you can too." Alan told her."How can you say that? I'm terrified of that thing." Willow said."It's fine. You just have to get to know it." Alan explained. "Elsa do you mind if I take Willow for a moment?" "Yes, go ahead." Elsa smiled. She wrapped her rob around her as did the others."Come on." Alan said as he lead Willow to the horse. "Alan. I'd rather not." Willow said."Come on. just gently lift your hand and stroke her neck." Alan told her."No way." Willow shook her head and stepped back. Alan smiled at her childish reaction. "Fine. Come here. To me, not the horse." he commanded gently. She did so, ever so slowly. When close enough Alan gently took her right hand in his own and put his left hand on her waist. and then he brushed her hand gently along the horse. " Alan..." Willow started."Stop Willow. Just be quiet and pet the horse. Is it really that bad?" he asked."...No. She's soft." Willow replied. and a hint of a smiled played on the edges of her lips."Good. Now. lets take this to the next step." Alan said as he released her. Willow slowly turned to him."What do you mean 'Next step'?" Willow asked wearily."I mean, get on her." Alan said. and before Willow could argue Alan picked her up and placed her on the horse."Alan. No. I don't want to be on her." Willow said shaking. Alan climbed on behind her and trotted the horse over to the rest of the group."Elsa. Can you pass me Willow's rob?" Alan asked. and in stead of answering, Elsa gave him the rob. Alan took it and draped it across Willow. "Now listen, but It will be cold and windy soon. Now, sit still and we'll be on our way.""How far are we from the kingdom?" Willow asked."We're not half way yet. It took me 4 days on my own with out stopping the first couple nights." Alan said."Okay." Willow said with a small smile.