Fan Fiction ❯ Kiranai Hebun-Year One ❯ Part Three-Moving toward destiny ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Year One-Part Three

Moving Toward Destiny

They returned to the safe house. Knowing they did not want to lose anyone else and the safe house was the safest place around.

Each of them in their own corner. Kouner is the right back corner. Farthest from the door. Still having bright blotches of red under her eyes from crying.

Akki sat in the front right corner. He was asleep, as well as Kouner. In his hand he held Tenshi's little butter knife. As if it was a way to protect her spirit.

Devona and Kiei on the other hand, couldn't sleep as easy. They were sitting on the opposite wall where the others were sleeping. Sitting next to each other. Reflecting that had happened.

"It's not fair," Kiei whispered. Devona turned her head to him. His eyes were focused on the opposite wall. "Why them? Why not us?"

"Kiei...what's done is done. There is nothing that you can do to change the past. Nothing..." Devona said, trying to comfort him. He looked over at her. He seemed to have a little smile on his face. "Devona, you aren't a guardian. You don't understand. We are to live to protect you." He turned his gaze back to Akki and

Kouner. "If one of us dies, we wonder what we have done wrong. If we were protecting you right. If you'll be next. Also, it's almost seems as it they escaped something. They escaped Mushin...."

Devona sighed heavily. "But they didn't escape Mushin. They felt her wrath."

Kiei looked away from her. Ashamed almost. "You're right. But they don't have to fight anymore." Kiei scooted back over to his corner. Huddling up, he went to sleep himself. Devona decided to do the same. Closing her eyes, Devona tried to float off into dreamland. It wasn't that easy though.

From the looks of things, she wouldn't get any sleep that night.

=^.^=zZzZzZz...

"Wakey, wakey. It's morning. Rise and shine sunshine," a voice chimed from the darkness. Slowly Devona blinked her eyes. She saw Akki standing over her with a big smile on his face. Devona came to the conclusion, that she had fallen asleep. Who knows when or how but she had apparently did. "Aww, come on Dev. We're going to miss our boat. We wanna get the best rooms you know."

"What are you talking about?" Devona asked him.

"AH! She's alive! Alive I tell you."

"Someone had too much caffeine at the carnival."

Akki laughed. He grabbed Devona's hand and quickly pulled her to her feet. Twirling her around the room as he did so. Devona giggled as he did so. Quickly, he pulled her toward him and into his arms. "Very nicely done, Princess," Akki said with a smirk. Devona blushed a bit and began to giggle again.

"URUFU!" a scream came from outside. It sounded like Kiei. Akki quickly let go of Devona. She fell backwards and hit the ground hard. Glaring up at him, she noticed he was already out side. She followed. "She's gone crazy, I swear! She's setting all the trees on fire!" Devona could hear Kiei yelled at Akki. Devona had no clue what was going on, but she was going to find out.

=^.^=

Akki ran as fast as he could to where Kiei said Kouner was. He couldn't believe she was doing this. They all were greatly upset, but this was too far. "DAMN KOUNER! How could you do this!" Akki yelled out as he ran. Kiei wasn't too far behind him, and he knew Devona was following as well. A clearing came into sight. On the other side stood a red hair girl, in front of a blazing inferno. Long arms of flames reached high into the sky. "KOUNER!" Akki yelled out as he sped up even more. She ignored his cries, which just made Akki angrier.

Grabbing her from behind, he wrapped his arms around her waist and began to pull her back. She struggled and began to wiggle like a little worm on a fisherman's hook ready to be fed to the hungry fishes. This didn't stop Akki. He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

She started to beat on his back hard. "LET ME GO!" she screamed at him.

"Kouner! The trees did NOT do anything to you. Leave them alone!" he yelled back at her.

She began to cry. Akki could feel the wet drops on his back. He stopped and sat her down on the ground. Kiei and Devona stood right next to each other looking down at Kouner. In amazement. "Why were you doing that Kouner? Don't you think this forest has felt enough pain? And on the 1st constellation for that matter! Why?" Akki asked her.

She sat up and hugged her knees as she began to bury her face in her hands. "I'm sorry...it's just I was so angry, I had to take it out on something."

Akki sighed heavily. Anger was unnecessary right now. They were all in pain from loosing their companions.

"I'm so ashamed...I harmed Ka's lovely constellation..." Kouner cried from where she sat. Kiei bent down next to her and put his arms around her.

"It's ok Koun-chan. I'm sure Queen Ka will understand."

" I hope so. I wasn't thinking...honestly."

"I know, don't worry about it." Akki looked up at Devona. He couldn't tell what she was thinking. He face was so solemn and quiet. No signs to what she was thinking at all.

"We really got to get going. Don't want to miss the boat," Akki mentioned again. All of them nodded. Kouner and Kiei got to their feet and they all started off toward the boat.

=^-^=

Devona yawned as she walked up to the boat dock. "Where exactly are we going?" she asked.

"The 2nd constellation," Akki replied.

"What's that?"

"Our constellations are like your continents. The 1st constellation is the Holy Constellation. Everyone dreams of coming and few ever make it here. They wish to come for the great "Lake of Life," and the "Kingdom of Kiranai Hebun," are here," Kouner replied. Looking over her shoulder at Devona with a smirk.

" 'Lake of Life?' What's that?"

"No one knows for sure, except Ka of course. They think it's a portal between Heaven and Kiranai Hebun. People say it can heal you, but I'm not too sure about that. Both versions are just legends anyway. So no one knows." Kiei replied.

"No one?"

"No one." Devona looked down at the ground. Could it be that this was a way to get Tenshi and Boya back? Though, they were too far away to ask Ka, and no one else knew. Besides, they needed to start looking for the Star Point. Maybe I'll mention it later. They might get mad if it's not true. It is just a hypothesis. Devona thought to herself. Akki looked over at her, "Whatca thinking Dev?"

She stood up quickly. Laughing nervously, she directed her attention to Akki. "Nothing, I was just pondering about the Lake of Life."

Akki gave a slight laugh and looked away from her. "I know what you are thinking. About Tenshi and Boya. Wondering if the Lake can bring them back. Honestly, I don't know, and we are too far to ask Ka. So, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut, you too right Dev?" Akki whispered, so only Devona could hear. Slowly, she nodded her head.

They continued to walk on the old wooden boat dock. It was about 10 ft wide and she couldn't tell how long it was .Too long. There were people all along the dock in little booths selling things. Staring at Devona and the others. As if they were surprised to see them.

"Akki, why are they staring at us?" Devona asked, as she scooted closer to him.

He looked down at her and smiled. "Because you are the Princess dear. They are both in awe, and scared. They know if you are here, it means Mushin is here as well." Devona got sad. With her arrival to this world, it could mean their destruction. She couldn't take it. She stopped. The other three stopped and looked back at her. "Devona?" Kouner asked. "Are you ok?"

Devona had tears in her eyes now. "I wanna go home...I can't stay here..."

"WHY NOT?!" Kiei yelled.

"Me being here brings these people destruction. If I go home..."

"Devona," Akki interrupted. Taking a step toward Devona. He placed his hands on her shoulders. She looked up into his eyes. "You don't understand Princess. If you go, they will all die. Mushin is here, and she's not going to leave until you and the other Princesses make her."

"Well why can't all the Princesses come at once! Why one a year?!" Devona snapped.

"It just doesn't work that way. If we got them all at once, it would still take us five years. One star point looses its power, and Mushin becomes stronger each year. When that happens, the Princess of that star point must find it and use its power. This allows us five years to get all the Princesses. When the last Star Point is found then Mushin will be the most powerful she can become," Kouner stated.

"Why me? Why am I first?"

"I don't know. Maybe you are supposed to be the strongest of the Princesses or something. You and your Star Point were chosen for a reason," Kiei said.

Akki brought his face close to Devona's. "You'll be fine, don't worry. Besides, we'll be here to protect you. You got noting to worry about."

Devona smiled and nodded.

"Now, let's continue."

They made their way to a little booth at the end of the dock. There was a sign on it written in Chinese. Devona had no idea what it said. She elbowed Kiei. "Aww, what do you want?" he asked turning to her.

"What does that say?" she asked him, pointing to the sign.

"It says 'tickets.' For crying out loud, you don't know Chinese?"

"No..."

Kouner laughed. "Don't worry Devona. Each constellation uses a different language and writing system. Most people here natively speak Latin and write in Chinese. Though, everyone knows every language, so it's no big deal."

"That would be confusing. Speaking one language and then writing in another. Weird..."

"Not if you live in it," Akki muttered from the ticket booth. "Most people speak English and Japanese."

"Why?"

"Because English is a pretty popular language, and Japanese sounds cool!" Kouner replied with a giggle.

"YEAH! Japanese rocks!" Kiei yelled.

Devona blinked. "I don't know any Japanese..."

"HERE!" Kouner pulled out a small red book at read on the front, "The basics to Japanese." Devona took the book and opened it to the front page.

"The first work you should learn is the word baka. This seems to be the most common word among the English people learning Japanese. This easy word means idiot. Depending on how you use it. The louder the tone, the worse it gets. If you add yaro to the end, this means ass-hole," Devona read. She blinked a few times. "Baka-yaro?" Devona asked herself. A man walking by thought she was talking to him. He grabbed her by the neck.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY TO ME LITTLE GIRL!" the man yelled. Within seconds, Akki was at the man's throat with his sword.

"Drop her," Akki said sternly. The man slowly released his grip on Devona's neck, eventually letting go of her. She fell toward to ground; Kiei grabbed her just before her hit.

"Do you have any idea who she is?!"

"I don't know, and I do not care. No one calls me that!" the man yelled at Akki. Akki just put more pressure on the man's neck.

"She is one of the Princesses. She was not speaking to you. She didn't know Japanese and Kouner here was trying to teach her. Now, get out of here before I have to kill you for what you have done."

"I'm not afraid of you. You think you're all big and though, but you can be nothing compared to the Black Wolf. I faced him a long time ago and lived. Now there was a fighter," the man laughed.

"Well, you must be blind, because I AM THE BLACK WOLF!" Akki yelled. Everyone around them stopped and stared at him. Their eyes wide in shock. The man's eyes were wide as well. Devona looked up at Kiei, who was still holding her. His eyes were as wide as the others.

"You...can't be!" the man yelled at Akki.

Akki smiled a bit. "There are two legends of the Black Wolf. One that will destroy all, the other that will be the guardian of the Princess of Healing. You're looking at the second one." Everyone gave a sigh of relief. Akki slowly lowered the sword away from the man's neck. The man, who now looked like he was going to piss his pants, took off quickly down the dock. Screaming what seemed to be, "Mommy."

Akki turned to Devona. Looking down at her with a sturdy smile. "You ok?" he asked her. Devona nodded slowly. She smiled. "Thanks."

"What else am I suppose to do. We are suppose to protect you."

"I'm so sorry Devona. I should I have told you not to read it out loud, everyone here is really jumpy. I should have helped you, I'm so sorry...." Kouner said with a little bow to Devona.

"Oh Kouner..."

"I'm sorry too. When it happened I was too shocked to do anything. I'm really sorry," Kiei said, looking down at Devona who he was still holding.

"You guys don't have to be sorry. You didn't know, and I'm ok anyway. Everything is fine," Devona said, with an assuring smile. Akki sighed. "Oh yeah guys, we only got two rooms and there is only one bed per room," Akki said softly, as if trying to hide it.

"WHAT?!" Kouner and Kiei yelled. "YOU WANT US TO SHARE BEDS?!"

"Sorry, but if you two would have moved faster then maybe we wouldn't have to do this, and get a better room. But, no, you two were being so slow. Kouner and her setting the forest on fire. It's your fault don't blame me."

Kouner's eye began to twitch. Devona could tell she didn't like Akki putting all the blame on her. He did say it was Kiei's fault too, but there was nothing to back that up. Only Kouner.

"So, I guess us girls will be in a room together, and you guys together?" Kouner asked.

"NO! I'm not sleeping with Kiei. He might try and kill me!" Akki yelled.

"I SAY THE SAME THING! I mean...NO WAY! I know what you are thinking you pervert. You wanna sleep with the Princess!" Kiei yelled at Akki. Devona could tell by the tone of his voice he was pissed off.

"Well, look where you happened to be holding her," Akki said as he crossed his arms.

Kiei began to blush. Neither him or Devona had really paid any attention, they were too distracted by the situation that had been going on. They both to looked down to see Kiei holding Devona, cupping her breast in his hands. Devona felt her face grow hot. She could feel the heat from Kiei as well. Quickly, Kiei let go over her and she got to her feet and quickly walked over by Akki. She looked back at him to see his face completely red.

"I swear, I didn't know," Kiei pled.

"Sure you didn't Kiei. It didn't feel any different from her chest. Wait a second, it was her chest," Akki mocked.

Devona blushed once more and turned to Akki. Her hands in tight fists. "That's enough Akki. We didn't have time to notice with all that was going on."

Akki sighed and nodded.

"Devona, who would you like to room with?" Kouner asked her.

Devona sigh uncomfortably. What was she going to say? "Well...tell you the truth, I don't feel too safe here. I guess which ever I'll feel safest with."

"Hmm..." Kouner thought for a second. "Well, I guess Akki gets his way. Devona, you go with Akki. He is the best fighter out of all of us. I think you would feel the safest with him." Devona began to blush again. Hoping no one would notice. She was strongly attracted to Akki. Most out of the group. What would it be like to share a bed with him?

=^-^=

Akki and Devona walked down the hallway to their room silently. Akki was wondering what Devona was thinking. He looked over at her out of he corner of his eye. She had a sad look on her face. This worried Akki.

"Whatca thinking Princess?" he asked her.

"I was just wondering about my mom. She's going to freak out. I mean...I'm going to be gone for five years..."

"Ah, Devona, you don't get it. Time here goes by faster then what is does on Earth. You've probably only been gone for about 30 minutes on Earth. A month here is a day there. Which means that'll be about 62 days, so you'll be gone for about 3 months. You'll probably miss summer."

Devona began to whine, "But, summer is the best part." Akki laughed, "I guess it would be if you had to go to school all the time. But, cheer up Princess. Think of this as a 5 year vacation."

Devona giggled, "I guess you are right. 5 years off of school is better then any 3 months."

They made it to their room. Akki pulled the key out of his pocket and opened the door. They both looked it. All that was in the room was a small porthole window and a double size bed. Akki laughed nervously.

"The bed is kind of small..." Akki stuttered.

Devona walked right in and plopped down on the bed. "I'm tired. I think I'll just sleep now. I'm not used to all this walking and fighting and being attacked by people. So stressful..." She curled up into a tight little ball and wrapped herself in the blanket.

Akki stood in the doorway and watched her drift off into sleep. Seeming so peaceful and quiet. Akki walked into the room, and lock the door behind him. He stood there staring at the door a few seconds. He still couldn't believe what was going on. He hadn't allowed anyone this close to him in years. Not since Aka. "Akki...you can do this. It's just because she is the Princess. Every guy is attracted to the Princess. It's every guy's dream to be with a Princess...that's all it is Akki...that's all it is..." Little did Akki know that Devona was listening. Taking in every word. Memorizing in by heard in the few seconds it had been said.

"Akki?" Devona asked from where she laid. He gasped and turned toward her. "I'm not completely a sleep you know. Is that really all I am? Just the Princess? I'm not a person?" Devona sat up on the bed and looked at him. He was in shock that she had heard him. "You care about me...but you think it's just because I'm the Princess. I guess that's all I'll ever be." Devona sighed and lay down again. Akki stood there and watched her for a second. He made his way over to the bed and laid down on it as well. Staring at the ceiling for a while.

"Devona, it's not that it's all you are. It's just...I haven't cared about anyone in years, and I care about you a lot. I don't know why. Maybe it just scares me."

Devona rolled over and looked at him. He looked over at her. She had a tiny smile. Very faint, but it was still there.

"I guess I can except that," Devona said.

"You better be able to. That's all I got." Devona nodded slowly. Akki looked back up at the ceiling. "We got to get you some new clothes. Those just..."

"What's wrong with my clothes?"

"Um...well...most people have never seen clothes like that before. They might think you're strange or something."

"SO! Let them think I'm strange. I am strange!"

"Ok ok. You can get new clothes if you want. Just don't come crying to me."

Devona looked down at her clothes. She was wearing a pink tank top and dark blue jeans. She looked back over at Akki. "What's wrong with my clothes?" Akki shook his head and closed his eyes. "HEY!" Devona yelled. It was too late though. He had already fallen asleep.

=^.^=

A man sat alone in his room. Devising a plan to get the Princess, which was on this ship. If he knew the Princesses as well as he thought he did, then she would be out walking to ship in no time. Waiting was all he had to do. Wait till she was bored enough to make it out of her room and to the deck. Waiting.

=^.^= ?

Devona slowly made her way out of the room. She was extremely bored. Akki was still asleep so she had no one to talk to. Besides, she was very hungry. She hadn't eaten since she arrived in Kiranai Hebun. "Damn, do these people want me to starve? That's it, I'm going to go looking for food. They better have some place where you can buy some food here. I swear," Devona complained as she made her way down the hallway. Little did she know that she wasn't alone.

"Are you all right little girl?" an old voice said from behind Devona. She turned to see a small, old, dark hair man standing there. His eyes barely visible from under his dark hair seemed to be white. In his old shriveled up hand he held a glass of water, and in the other, was a loaf of small bread. "Are you hungry child?" Devona stood there and stared at the food. Her mouth watering. Her stomach was in so much pain and begged for the food, which the man was handing toward her.

Quickly, she grabbed it away from the man. She stared at it for a few seconds. "What's wrong girl? Too good for my only food!" the man yelled at her. "Devona?" another voice asked. Devona looked up to see standing behind the man was Kiei. He had a concerned look on his face.

Devona dropped the bread and glass and ran over to him. "Kiei!! I'm so hungry!"

"Why didn't you eat?"

"When?!"

"Um..."

"BITCH!" the man growled. Devona looked back to see a white light glowing from the man. He turned to Devona, his hair standing on ends and his eyes glowing white as well. "My food not good enough for you!?"

Kiei screamed, grabbed Devona hand and began to pull her down the dark hallway. Barely lit by little lanterns on the wall, making the hall glow a light blue.

"Kiei? What's going on?" Devona asked, trying to keep up with him.

"He works for Mushin Dev! He was probably sent to kill you." Devona blinked. That must have been why she has a bad feeling about him. Also, why he had been offering her food. It was probably poisoned.

"What do we do?!" Devona yelled.

"Get Akki and Kouner, and fight it!"

"Ok..." They ran quickly down the hall. Hopefully getting somewhere. Devona hoped Kiei knew where he was going. She sure had never seen this place before. She looked up at Kiei, to find him looking very confused. "Kiei...are we lost?" she asked.

"What would give you that idea?!" laugh "I know exactly where I am going!"

"Males...We're lost."

"WE ARE NOT!"

"Oh come on Kiei. This is a dead end!"

Kiei looked up, just before they ran into the wall. He looked around quickly. Trying to find a way out. "I could have swore this is where I came from!" he yelled.

Devona sighed sadly. "We're dead..."

Kiei growled and turned to her. Determination in his eyes. "You are not going to die! Not with me here! NO WAY!"

Devona looked at Kiei, "Kiei...." Suddenly loud snort was blasted. Devona could feel heat on her back. She turned to see a huge 10-foot long skinny black dragon with pure white eyes standing right behind her, breathing fire at her.

"SHIT!" Kiei yelled. "It's a dragon too!"

The Dragon flung its head around with such power. Knocking into the wall, making loud cracking sounds it seemed as if it were bones snapping. Devona was wondering how long it would take to people in the rooms around to come out and face the Dragon face to face. It opened its giant mouth, showing it's large ivory colored teeth that lined its mouth. So sharp it's a wonder the Dragon didn't cut up its lips whenever the teeth touched it. Kiei took a step toward the dragon. His claws on his hand guard were ready. "Stupid Dragon. Never threaten my Princess!" The Dragon roared loudly. Showing no fear of Kiei. He seemed so small compared to it. As if it was the great story of David and Goliath once again. Kiei lunged toward the Dragon, heading for the center of its forehead. It moved it's head slightly to the right, but not fast enough. It was just too big to get out of the way. Kiei's claws plunged deep into the Dragon's left eye. Blood pouring everywhere. All down Kiei's arm and the Dragon's face. It roared loud once again. This time in pain.

Kiei looked the most serious he had ever in his entire life. His eyes narrowed and his mouth in a tight white line. "How dare you!" he yelled loudly. Pushing his claws even deeper, till his entire arm was trapped inside the Dragon's eye cavity. Devona could see it when Kiei's claws reached its brain. Its entire body gave a quick twitch. Blood began to pour out of its mouth as well. The body slowed down and stopped moving. The one eye left began to glaze over. Devona had never seen a look like that before. Death was there. No way to miss it. Kiei stood there and breathed heavily for a while. Devona didn't want to disturb him. She wondered if he had ever killed anything before. She knew about him trying to kill Akki. Though, he had never done it.

"Come on Devona," Kiei whispered. The darkness of his banks and the dark shadows of the hallway hid his eyes. "I have to go get cleaned up."

"What about the..."

"It will disintegrate soon. No need to worry. Now, let us go get cleaned up."

Devona nodded slowly. He pulled his arm out of the Dragon's head. His arm completely covered in rose red blood. The blood looked as if petals falling off his arm to the ground. He started down the hall slowly, leaving his petals behind. Devona quickly followed. She wondered if they would ever tell the others about this night.

=^.^=

Kiei yawned as he walked off the boat a few days later. Neither him nor Devona had spoken a word to Akki or Kouner about it. Kiei figured they would praise Kiei for his kill. But, he wasn't too happy about killing the thing, so he rather them not know for now. Devona agreed to keep quiet. Knowing if Akki know that she went out he would throw a holy fit.

Devona road of Kiei's back. She was half asleep and almost drooling on Kiei's back. He didn't seem to mind though.

"Where off to now?" Kouner asked, turning to Kiei who DID have the map.

"We go to the city of Athens," Kiei said, leaning his head to the sign to the left, which pointed Athens to the left as well.

"I still don't get it," Akki complained, "Athens was built on Earth for the Greek Gods. Why would they put it here?"

"I think it has to do with more of the art of the time and not the fact that they worshipped false Gods," Kouner replied.

"They have a replica of the Parthenon which was built to the Gods."

"You know way too must about this stuff Akki," Kiei laughed.

"What are you trying to say Kiei?!" Akki snapped.

"Oh nothing, just that I am caring the beautiful girl and you aren't!"

"I didn't offer her!"

"Well, she was mighty tired sir. If you paid more attention then you would know that."

"You really get on my nerves sometimes Kiei..."

"I know! It's fun!"

Akki sighed and started walking toward Athens. The others quickly followed. It didn't take them long and they had reached the replica of the great ancient city with its beautiful buildings.

Devona yawned and slowly blinked her eyes. They widened in shock. "IS THIS...!?"

"Welcome to Athens, Devona. This is how it would have looked when it was originally built. In ancient days," Kouner said, as if she were giving a tour.

"It's beautiful..." Devona whispered. "But, why is it here? Didn't they worship other Gods?"

"Yes, but I believe it's here for the art work. Oh! I can't wait until you see Egypt!"

"Egypt?"

"Yup! Just wait!" Waiting, a very popular thing in Kiranai Hebun. Especially right now. Waiting for Mushin. Waiting for the star point. So much waiting, so much time.

=^-^=

NEXT: The City of False Truth