Fan Fiction ❯ Kiranai Hebun-Year One ❯ Part Four-City of false truth ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Year One-Part Four

City of false truth

Devona and Kouner quickly ran toward a food cart. "AH! We are so hungry!" they yelled as they ran. Kiei and Akki followed close behind.

"Devona! Don't get too far ahead!" Akki cried out. She stopped and looked at him strangely. "We can't take any chance of loosing you." Devona giggled and began running again. Kiei laughed as well and looked over at Akki, "That's what happens when you don't feed young girls. They get away from you and don't listen to authority."

Akki narrowed his eyes toward the two girls running ahead. Kiei was right to a certain point. The girls hadn't eaten in days. They had been too busy to think about food. "I guess we better feed them more often. Don't want to take the chance of loosing them," Akki said. Kiei laughed, "Don't you mean, 'take the chance of loosing Devona?'" By this time the girls were at the food cart. Grabbing all types of food and shoving them into their mouths. Kiei and Akki slowly made their way to the girls. The man who was in charge of the seemed to be shocked about the two girls grabbing food from his cart.

He grabbed Devona's hand away from the food. She looked up at him.

"You are planning to pay for this right?" the man asked sternly.

"Pay? You mean even in a Heaven world you still have to pay for stuff?" Devona narrowed her eye. "This is sad. They think that Earth is bad, when this place is just as bad."

"What are you talking about?!" the man yelled pulling Devona closer to him.

"Sir, there is nothing to worry about, I'm paying for it," Akki told the man. He looked over at Akki who was now handing the man money. The man smiled and took the money.

"NOW! Shoo! I don't want you little brats hanging around my cart. You will drive away customers. Now, get!" the man yelled, shooing the four away.

Kouner looked at Devona strangely. "You always get into to trouble Dev-chan, why can't you just stay out it?"

Devona made a fist and turned her head to Kouner. "Isn't that why the three of you are here?! I don't know what I am doing. If it wasn't for Akki, I probably would be dead by now!"

"HEY! What about me!?" Kiei yelled. They all stopped and looked at Kiei. He had released his mistake, but it was too late now.

"What?" Kouner asked, blinking a few times.

"What are you talking about Kiei? The only time Devona's life was in stake was at the dock, and I guess you could consider the cart. What are you thinking about?" Akki asked.

"Kiei..." Devona whispered. Kiei looked over at her. He could tell she was worried.

"Ah...no need to worry Devie. I don't know why you look like that. I was just considering when I caught you when the guy dropped you. Though, I guess Urufu was the one who actually did the saving you," Kiei stated.

Kouner laughed, "All you did was get the pleasure of saving her Kiei."

Kiei laughed nervously. Akki was still not satisfied with Kiei's answer. Though, he had no time to question it. A scream cried out. Everyone turned their heads to where it had come from. A small brown hair girl was running down the street screaming at the top of her lungs.

"They have come back!! Everyone, they have come back!!" she yelled.

"Who..who has come back!!" Akki yelled the girl. She ignored him and kept running almost past them, Kouner reached out and grabbed the girl's arm.

"He asked you a question! Who has come back!?" Kouner yelled at the girl.

She was breathing heavily and there was fear in her face. "The outside cities, they are trying to destroy us!" the girl's eyes filled with tears. "Please don't hurt me. Let me go save my family!"

"Why?" Kiei asked the girl.

"They believe we believe in the false Gods of ancient Greece! They say they are going to kill us because of it! Please! LET ME GO!" Kouner quickly let go of the girl's arm and she took off running. Toward her family none the less, to warn them of the enemies on the cities boundaries.

"We better follow her. Learn more about these outside cities," Akki said.

Kouner gasped and turned to him. "Urufu, this is none of our concern! The only thing we should be worried about is finding the star point!"

Akki smiled. "Come on now Kouner. We have to help as many people as possible. Maybe make people trust Devona."

Kiei huffed, "So, make them trust us, then kill them?"

Akki growled and started following the girl. Devona was quickly behind him. Kouner and Kiei sighed and followed after them as well. When Devona was at Akki's side she looked up at him. She asked, "Akki? Why are we doing this?"

"Devona, everyone who lives outside of this city thinks that everyone who lives inside the city worships the false Gods. Maybe I just feel it's the right thing to do, or maybe I just want to find out for myself if they really do believe in them or not," Akki answer.

Devona nodded. They walked for a few minutes and stopped at a small mud house. Devona looked around for the girl, but didn't see her anywhere. She thought then, maybe she had gone inside, but how would Akki know?

"Akki? Why did you stop?"

"This is her house, she is inside," he said.

"How do you know?"

"I can smell her."

Devona gasped and smiled, "REALLY?! That is so cool! You must have a really good sense of smell, I could never do that. OH WOW! I mean..." Before Devona could continue she felt a hand over her mouth. She noticed Kiei from the corner of her eye standing behind her with his hand over her mouth.

"For goodness sakes. You're going to scare the girl away Devona," Kiei whispered. Devona struggled to get out of his grasp, but he put his arm around her waist and held her close to him. So she couldn't move.

Akki stepped toward the door and knocked. Loud enough that the people inside should have been able to hear. Though, no one came to the door.

This time, Kouner tried knocking. There still was no answer. Akki was growing tired of this. He went to touch the handle the door opened by it's self. Slowly, Akki began to walk in with Devona at his heals. He wished she wouldn't get so close to him. Who knew what dangers laid inside, or how it felt to him when she did get close. Around the corner of the door they crept. Out of the corner of his eye he say the on coming danger, not enough time to do anything about it though.

The sword of the stranger was quickly at Akki's throat. Devona gasped a jump back into the young girl they had seen in the streets. The girl gasped as well. Akki didn't flinch or move at all. Standing there as if he were a stone, sturdy and never moving.

"MOTHER!" The girl cried from behind Devona. "Please Mother, I don't think they are here to hurt us. They didn't even know about the war going on. I had to tell them. They had a perfectly good time to kill me but did not do so. Don't hurt them Mother...please..." Akki looked to see a woman that seemed to be in her late 30's holding the sword at the base of his neck. Ready to kill him at any minute. He had to think of a way to make her believe her daughter. The one who was trying to save his life.

"Please Ma'am, we shall leave our weapons out side if you insist. We truly only wish to help this great city in distress and learn the cause of it's chaos. I swear to you, I bring a great Princess with me. I would never put her in any harm, nor would I let her see any harm caused by me. Please, understand Ma'am." Akki spoke, trying to persuade the woman.

She laughed and dropped the sword a bit. "You speak with the great tongue of Odysseus, greatest of Greek heroes. I guess this is a sign to trust you. YES, leave your weapons out side, do not bring them in. This is the only way I will let you into my house." She lowered the sword away from his neck. Akki nodded slowly.

The others followed him back out into the street. Kiei gave Akki a strange look. "How did you know to talk to her like that? Where have you learned about the Greeks?"

Akki laughed a bit. "You forget Kiei, I was a great murderer once, fooling people was my job."

Kouner gasped and looked at Akki. "Are you saying you are planning on killing these people? Taking their lives for helping us?"

"What would give you that idea? Kiei asked me how I learned to talk to someone like that, well, that was how. I have no intention of hurting them. I want to help them."

"Yeah...sure. Well, I'll be keeping my eye on you Urufu Akki. Don't do anything you will regret later. I grantee you will pay for anything you do to these people."

=^-^=

The four of them ate that night with the mother and child at the table. Devona kept her eyes fixed on the now silent young girl. Huddled up in her chair. Her tiny arms wrapped around her spaghetti legs. Bright brown eyes fixed on Akki, who was eating some of the food her mother had provided. Devona wondered if this girl trusted them. She would learn soon enough.

The Mother spoke. "My dear friend, you wished to learn why Athens has fallen into great distress." Her eyes fell to the ground, as if in shame. "It is because of our new Queen. She has released many of the Greek statues that were hidden away from the public. The ones which were made in honor of their Gods. The people in the surrounding cities do not like this at all. They believe we are now paying homage to the Gods of ancient times, but we are not..."

"Has anyone talked to the Queen? Told her what her choice of showing these statues has done?" Kouner asked.

The woman nodded. "Everyone had tried talking to her, but she has hidden herself in the shadows of her palace. She will not speak to anyone. Maybe she is hiding in shame from what she has done, I don't know. Whatever it is, it has damaged our city greatly. There are nightly raids around this time. The out side cities send in..." Before she could finish, the sound of hoof beats filled the room. "They are here! Please, everyone in the back room. They can not reach us back there. Hurry."

Akki quickly got to his feet. "I will not allow them to do this! They should not be aloud to raid someone's town because of accusations. I will not let this happen!" He quickly ran out the front door. Slamming it shut behind him. Making sure the raiders could not get it. Devona could hear the clanging of metal as he reached for his sword. Kiei was quick to his feet as soon as he heard this as well. He ran out the door. Devona jumped to her feet, but was pulled back by Kouner. Devona looked to see the little girl and her mother had already gone into the other room.

"Devona, this is not our fight. Let them fight for now, they will realize their mistake soon enough," Kouner said sternly.

"But Kouner...We can't just let them die like this!"

"They will not die, now come on!"

Devona was yanked into the back room with Kouner and the other two. Huddled in the darkness, they waited. Wondering if they would ever see Kiei or Akki again. These were the thoughts in Devona's mind. She looked up to see the outline of Kouner's head. How she wished she could read her thoughts right now. Wondering if Kouner had to same thoughts as she did.

They waited for hours it seemed. Day upon weeks, weeks upon months and months upon years even. Devona still wondered if she would ever see her friends again. She had just met the two of them, Kiei and Akki. It was too soon to loose them. But, was she more afraid of loosing one of them more then the other? Was one of them more important? No time to think about these things. No time to worry about feelings. Their lives were at stake because Akki wanted to "help". What if it was a scam? What if he was still evil? What if... Devona, she thought to herself, he would never lie to you. He told you so. He cares about you more then he has carried about anyone in a long time. No need to worry. Worry is burden that hangs over us all. Worry is unnecessary.

With this thought present in her head, Devona drifted off into sleep.

=^-^=

"Devona," a soft gentle voice whispered. Devona blinked slowly to see a smiling Akki looking down at her. She could feel his warm arms around her. "Devona, we are back. Nothing happened, there was no need to worry."

Devona smiled. "I'm glad you are ok. I was afraid I would never see you again."

Akki laughed suddenly. Still, his voice did not seem to break his whisper. "I wouldn't die on you that easy Dev. Kiei and I just talked to them. We made them understand. No more raids from them."

"You two did that? How...?"

Akki placed a finger to her lips, "No more questions. You are such a nosy girl." He then bent down and genitally pressed his lips to hers. It was nothing like Devona had ever felt before. More then any kiss from Mark. Mark's kisses were cold and meaning less. This was full of life...and warmth.

"Oh Akki..." Devona whispered, wrapping her arms around him as well.

He laid his head on hers. "I haven't felt this way in so long Devona. I truly love you with all my heart. This even more than what I felt with Aka."

Devona sighed happily. "I love you too Akki. I won't let anything get between us. I swear."

She could feel Akki's lips rise into a smile on her cheek. He looked at her and she turned her head to look at him as well. They embraced once more.

=^-^=

"DEVONA!! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" Kouner yelled, waking Devona from her sleep. Devona blinked many times, seeing the scene she had created. Her arms were tightly wrapped around Kouner and she was inches away from her lips. It was a dream, Devona realized. Akki never said he loved me and never kissed me and I was about to kiss Kouner. Devona let out a painful scream, almost like a howl. Kouner did the same. The little girl remained huddled in a corner with her ears covered in pain.

"Please don't scream," the girl cried from the corner. Devona and Kouner both stopped and looked at the little girl. Her hands held tightly over her ears, shaking in pain. "Please...STOP!" With this, the mother came back in from the front room. Running to her daughter's side. Wrapping her loving arms around her little girl. Holding her tight.

"Don't you have any consideration at all?!" the mother yelled. Her tone made the two girls lean away from her.

"We are sorry, we didn't know. Please forgive us. She just startled me that's all..." Kouner explained. Trying to apologize as she did so.

"What's going on?" said from the doorway. Devona turned her head to see Akki and Kiei standing there looking down at Devona and Kouner. Devona who still had her arms around Kouner.

Kiei made a perverted looking face, "You have many strange thoughts you little girl."

Devona stuttered and let go of Kouner. "This...it isn't what it looks like. I was asleep."

Kiei leaned closer to her, with the same look on his face. "And what were you dreaming about that you woke up with your arms around Koun-chan?"

Devona blushed brightly. "That is none of your business." Kiei snickered. "Devona is a little lesbo if you ask me."

"Kiei! Leave her alone. If she doesn't want to tell you, then that is her choice. Not nice to peer into people's dreams," Akki said sternly.

"You just don't want to really believe she is a lesbian. Because you have other thoughts about her."

"And you really are dying, hoping she is aren't you?" Kiei sweat-dropped and blushed. "That is none of your business!" Akki smirked. "My point exactly."

The mother interrupted Akki and Kiei's bickering. "Didn't you say you were going to see the Queen?"

Akki laughed nervously, "Yeah, we did say that didn't we? Well, I guess we'll be going to see her now."

Kouner quickly rose to her feet and got in Akki's face. Irritation was on her face. "We can't just walk up to their palace and order to see her! Are you crazy?"

Akki gave an insecure smile and pointed to Devona. "We have Devona...they aren't going to hurt us along as we have a Princess with us."

This made Kouner even angrier. "URUFU HAVE YOU GONE CRAZY OR WHAT?! YOU ARE GOING TO USE DEVONA AS YOUR SHEILD!"

Kiei and Mother both snapped back this time. "Don't scream."

Kouner sighed loudly as her face grew red. "Sorry..."

Devona stood up behind Kouner. Keeping herself out of Kouner's reach. "I'll go see her. I'm not afraid talk to her. Maybe I can make her see the error of what she has done."

"I tell you child, she understands the errors, that is why she doesn't show herself anymore. She is ashamed," the mother stated.

"Well, it's not going to get any better by her hiding in the darkness. It will only get worse." Devona turned to the mother. "We can't just give up. We have to make them understand that people are dying. And if I'm the only person who is willing to go see her, then so be it."

"Ok Dev-chan, have fun!" Kiei and Kouner replied, with cuties little smiles. Devona sighed heavily and moved her eyes to Akki.

He sighed heavily as well. "Well, I did get you into this, by saying we would go, so I'll go with you since everyone else is to chicken." Devona looked over at Kiei and Kouner to see they were nodding, making chicken noises, and moving their arms up and down like wings.

"Let's go."

=^-^=

Devona and Akki walked slowly down the empty streets. Akki wondered if the people were still in hiding from the raiders. They had left last night after a long fight. Kiei and himself held them off as well as they could. Apparently it wasn't good enough.

The damage around the town was still present. Food carts were flipped over, with unusable food scattered on the ground. Stains on the walls of the houses shown were the Raiders had thrown food at the mud houses and where they ran down to the ground.

Even dead animals lined the streets. This all made Akki sick. He could tell by the look on Devona's face, it made her feel the same.

"Akki, why did the Raiders do this? Don't they understand they are creating more damage by doing this instead of just leaving they alone?" Devona asked, while she served the damage.

"Devona, people do crazy things when they believe they are right. I'm afraid this is just another one of the things. They think they are helping by doing this. You are right though. They are making it worse."

"I wish we could help..."

Akki smiled and looked at her. "That's why we are here right?"

Devona looked at him and smiled as well. "Right."

As they rounded a corner, they came across what seem to be the entire population of Athens. They all lined the bottom of a great stairwell which lead to the palace. The palace it's self-seemed more like a temple. The people who were there yelled things and threw food at the stairs.

"Queen! We order that you talk us!"

"Our families are dying!"

"We can't even leave the city with out being killed!"

"Yeah!"

"YEAH!" This shocked and disturbed Akki. The Queen might have made some mistakes, but threatening her was not going to make her come out. Some way, Akki had to explain this to them. He made his way to the center of the crowd, Devona right behind him.

As he made it to the stairs, he turned and faced the crowd. They didn't look too happy to see him and this girl standing up, facing them.

"Who the hell are you?!" one man cried out.

"I am Urufu Akki, and I have come to talk to your Queen."

"You're crazy!" another called.

"She won't talk to you nor anyone else."

"Then...I'll talk to you," Akki narrowed his eyes on the people which stood before him. "Don't you understand that what you are doing is just scaring her. Why would she come out if you were going to just yell at her. She is still your Queen."

"Who the fuck are you to tell us how we should and shouldn't act? What do you know? You don't live here!" a tall man yelled. He seemed to be the ringleader of the mob. For, as soon as he finished saying this, everyone cheered one after him.

A small boy down in front reached down for a round red object. Akki noticed it was a tomato. The kid picked it up and threw it at Akki. He has plenty of time to move, but he wasn't going to let these people intimidate him.

The tomato hit Akki's right cheek. Slowly, it fell to the ground. Leaving its juice to fall off his cheek. Like blood, light red blood. Akki closed his eyes as the crowd laughed and clapped at the boy's doing.

He began to snicker. The crowd shut up quickly. They stared in shock at Akki.

"You think a simple fruit is going to stop me? I don't give a shit if you like me or not, but I am going to help you weather you like it or not."

They all stared at him as if he were a mad man. Raving about things that all of them have believed could never be done. They have already convinced themselves that.

Akki turned away from the people and began walking up the stairs. Devona behind him once again.

=^-^=

"But my Queen! The people are threatening to kill us all!!" a servant called to his Queen. She had locked herself in her chambers and hadn't come out for almost a month now. They all truly believed it was hopeless.

"I doesn't matter any more. They are all going to die anyway. We too will die." The Queen replied. A cry was heard from the servant from outside her door. She just gave a low snicker.

The servant turned to an older, wiser servant, who had been with the Queen all of her life.

"Do you know what to do?" he asked her.

The older woman shook her head. "Sad to say, but I think our Queen has gone crazy."

The younger boy nodded. He started to walk away from the chambers when he heard a commotion coming from outside. Quickly, he ran over to see what was going on .

There stood a young man, he looked about 18, with a girl, who looked a few years younger then him.

"Let us in!" the young man called out.

"WHY?!" answered someone from inside.

"We want to speak with the Queen!"

"You are crazy. No one has spoken to her in almost a month!"

"Then let us in, and we'll break the month of silence."

The young boy servant walked over to tell the guards to send the man away. Until, the older woman stopped him. She ran out on the steps and called the man and the girl.

"You've come just in time! Maybe it's not too late," the woman told the man and the girl.

"I just hope we can help."

"You most definitely can. The Queen is back there," the woman pointed to a room. "She hasn't been out for a rather long time. We can let you in though."

"Sounds good to me, how about you Dev?"

The man looked down to the blond that stood beside him. She looked as if she were shaking. Still, she nodded, agreeing with him. "All right let us in."

=^-^=

Devona looked up at Akki. She knew he was trying to fix what he had done and make it better, but this was crazy. Not knowing why, but she had a really bad feeling about this.

The older servant unlocked the door to the Queen's room. Akki quickly walked in, as Devona lagged behind.

"My Queen, we have come to talk to you about your citizens. I have brought one of the famous Itsutsu Hime (Five Princesses). Maybe she could help you understand a way to undo this..."

The Queen snickered, "Who said I wanted to undo it!" This shocked Akki and he took a step back. Running into Devona, she gasped and backed up into the door. Which was now shut. Devona could feel her fear consuming her.

"Akki..." she said softly. As if she hoped the Queen wouldn't hear her, but of course she did.

"So, you are Urufu Akki. One of Ka's little stooges. Here with a great Itsutsu Hime, who will soon be dead and will never be able to kill Mushin." The Queen was now walking toward Akki at a leisurely pace, with a immense grin. Devona knew now, that they were going to die.

The Queen laughed and raised her hand in front of Akki. She laughed as her eyes became white. "Feel the wrath of one of Mushin's own!" A red glow enveloped the Queen. Devona could see her long black hair slowly becoming red.

"Oh shit!" Akki yelled. "She's a red dragon!" Devona still had no idea what these dragons were, but from what she had seen from the last one, she didn't like it. Quickly, Akki grabbed his sword from it's holder and raised it to face the queen. Her skin was now covered in red scales and her teeth were gigantic like a beast. Akki wasn't scared at all. Not with his trusty sword with him.

The Queen raised her hand toward Akki, palm out. Just like Mushin had done when she killed Tenshi and Boya. But Akki wasn't going to stand there and wait for the blast. As soon as he saw her move her hand, he yelled.

"Hikari kiru!" A bright light shot from the sword, and toward the hand. Going through it like air. The Queen's scream seemed more of a howl of a dying creature. She glanced down at her hand which had a hole in it from the beam. Her eyes seemed to glow even more intensely.

Growling, and showing her long teeth like a pissed off animal ready to take down it's prey in one leap.

Lunging at Akki, with her large claws, seemed to be all that she had left in her. Akki dodged and one claw scratched his cheek. Sending petal like blood to the ground. The color of a red rose. Akki lifted his sword from behind the Queen, and quickly dropped it to her neck. Severing her head. Devona gasped as it hit the floor with a thud. The body stood for a few more seconds, before it too crashed to the floor. Devona stood in shock of what happened. Her eyes raised to Akki. The look on his face was a look of unwanted victory. As if he had killed a good friend in self defense.

"She was a red dragon," Akki explained. "They either choose to follow Ka or Mushin. Apparently she had worked for Ka, that's the only way she could've become Queen. Her people turning on her must have just drove her to the other side. Mushin must have jumped on the situation in a hurry. That bitch did it again." He dropped his sword to the ground. "She made all of these people suffer for no damn reason..."

"Oh....Akki," Devona could still see the hurt in his eyes. For some reason, it ripped her soul. Before he could abject, she hugged onto him and didn't let go. "You had to choice she would've killed you anyway...me too. With her in power, Mushin could've done anything. You did the right thing."

Akki looked past Devona and to the door which they came. In an unbreakable stare. "Did I? Now, who will lead these people? Who will protect them?"

"She wasn't doing that anyway...she was hiding. Akki, if it wasn't for us, the entire city could've died. I'm sure they have someone else lined up to replace her."

"I hope."

Devona let go of him and backed up to look at him. A smile on her face.

Slowly, Akki shook his head. "How can you stand there and smile?"

"I know you did the right thing Akki. Maybe you will know one day."

=^-^=

The old servant gasped and fell to the ground. Leaving the younger one and Akki to catch her. "I am terribly sorry about this," Akki whispered to the young servant.

"It was bound to happen. I always thought I heard her saying something about how we would all die. No one else believed me. At least now the raids will stop. Who knows, maybe she wanted you to kill her..."

"I doubt that," Devona said from behind them. Kouner and Kiei had now joined them. They decided to come and help after all, they were just a little too late. "I think she just went crazy."

"But the kid does have a point Dev," Kouner stated. "Maybe she knew she couldn't do a good enough job and wanted out of it."

"Ahh, royalty would never do that. I should know," Kiei said, with a smug smile.

"Not like you are ever there to take care of your people," Akki said in a mummer under his breath. Hoping Kiei wouldn't hear him, or did he want him to?

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!?" Kiei yelled.

"Well, I guess we better get going now. We got a long journey. Who is taking over anyway?" Kouner asked.

The young servant and Akki helped the older one over to a bed. They laid her down on it, and turned to Kouner. "A young girl by the name of Aiji," the servant told her.

"Oh really? How young?"

"About eight. Everyone thinks she would do a good job for some reason. Her mother is going to help her until she is old enough. They are here if you would like to meet them."

"All right." The young servant walked over to another door. Opening it slowly, making them wait the longest extent possible. When it was open enough, they peeked in.

"NO WAY!"

"I can't believe it!"

"WOAH!!"

"We know them!"

The little girl put her hands over her ears and yelled, "Please...STOP SCREAMING!"

**What did this Part have to do with Kiranai Hebun? I don't know! But it took me forever to write...IT is kinda boring. Oh well! I hope you enjoy it more then I did writing it.**

=^-^=

NEXT: The Princess of illusion