Fan Fiction ❯ MGS: DOA ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

----------------------------------------------------------------- ------
PROLOGUE
“…once you're in the compound we'll have to maintain radio silence. Even with the Codec I think they'd be able to trace any contact. These people definitely know their stuff.” “Okay, Otacon, I got it, you said that a hundred times. I'm getting close now and your already breaking up. I'll call when I need an evac. Snake out.” Peering through the trees, it was easy to spot the target destination. “I didn't agree to break into damn Fort Knox.” muttered a deep, husky voice. As he watched the searchlights, he decided they must be automated, their pattern was so regular. `I still don't understand how a private organization like this can fit into things', he thought, `but it's the only lead we've got.'
By the time he'd infiltrated the air ducts, he realized that his line of work was becoming ironically routine. Glancing at his motion display, the office seemed clear. After the searchlight outside pierced through the blinds, the silent figure dropped into the room. As quickly as possible, Snake ducked beneath the camera in the corner. Reaching up, he placed a small device under it and snapped a wire into place. “Damn these things are useful.” He though, smiling wryly. Snake then eyed the filing cabinets while the camera was fed a looping image of the room. After a quick lock pick, he rifled through the files and grabbed a folder marked “Heaven Reborn: Top Secret”.
After skimming the first page, his eyes stopped. “Not again, damn it, not again…but why?” Snapping out of his shock, Snake continued to skim the documents. “Epsilon, what the hell is Project Epsilon?” Laying the documents out on the desk, he began to photograph them. He then returned them to the cabinet and started across the room, pondering. Stopping short, he listened, there it was again. As he realized someone was just outside the door, he glanced at the camera, the light on his device had gone out. “That is not good…” As the door slammed open, four armed guards came pouring through, four red lasers covering every inch of the room. One of the guards raised a radio, “The room is secure, there's no one here.” Another guard saw the open grate and shouted, “He's in the vents!”