Fan Fiction ❯ ShadowBaby ❯ Mysterious Past, Deal With the Damned ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter nine Mysterious Past, Deal With the Damned

Anna awoke to voiced talking outside her door.
“You can’t be serious,” Andrea pleaded, “my lord please reconsider.”
“Reconsider!” John snapped, “You heard what that old bat said.”
Anna slowly walked towards the door to hear them better.
“Indeed I did,” Andrea yelled, “but even if it is true, she’s just an innocent girl. She doesn’t know a thing about her past.”
“I don’t care!” John snapped, “She’s related to HER!”
“But,” Andrea begged, “she isn’t her. My lord she is far from her.”
“I was so blind,” he cursed, “I knew I recognized her from somewhere. It all makes sense now. No mortal girl could not be controlled. If she was just a normal shadow baby I could have easily bent her to my will. Alas she is the spawn of the that blasted woman.”
“My lord,” Andrea sighed, “she doesn’t know anything about it. No one knows except you and I.”
“You’re mistaken,” John snapped, “that old bat mentioned another one who knew. Did you forget her mentioning she had a sister that was looking for her?”
“Uh,” Andrea stammered.
“That blasted crone will be looking for her now more then ever. Every psychic known to man knows I’ve been awaken. He’ll when she finds out I’m residing inside her niece’s daughter…she’ll try and convert her against me.”
“My lord,” Andrea whispered, “Anna wouldn’t betray you like that.”
“Yes,” John snapped, “yes she would. She’d destroy me in a heart beat. Once she finds out she has some family left she’ll go running towards them. She’ll forget all about me and I can just kiss my freedom goodbye. Oh it’s hopeless. I knew that this quest was fool hearty. I knew I’d never get my body back.”
“Yes,” Andrea reassured, “yes you will lord. Just have faith. Anna will not dessert you. Why I believe she has taken a great fondness of you.”
John glared up at her and said, “Don’t you ever say that. I vowed never again Andrea. Never again would I believe such lies. Not after…”
“Forgive me,” Andrea stuttered, “I had forgotten all about Melissa’s betrayal.”
“Don’t you ever,” John warned, “say that name around me again.”
Andrea nodded her head and asked, “But what of the girl?”
“I vowed to take my revenge of Melissa’s descendant…I plan to keep that vow too. Once I regain my body, I’ll kill Anna.”
Anna’s breath caught in her throat. Her literally buldged out of her chest as it beat rapidly.
“Bur sire,” Andrea pleaded, “I though you planned to use this girl as a trump card, just in case of a disaster.”
“My trump card,” John scoffed, “I planned in using her as a freaking bodyguard for Melissa’s descendant. I very well can’t have her protecting me from herself!”
Andrea backed away and said, “But sire, she is but a young child. I believe that this is all a misunderstanding. She has been through much turmoil.”
“Exactly!” John shouted, “Just what you could expect from the mighty noble psychic clan. With great power comes great responsibilities. SHE endured much before SHE was able to perform even minor spells. It was a condition HER family has. Suffering has it’s rewards in their blood line. So in grasps, Anna has to suffer as well in order to possess HER power. Don’t you see Andrea, SHE planned all of this. SHE knew this would happen.”
“I highly doubt that sire,” Andrea stated as she leaned on the wall.
“It’s something SHE would do, just to drive me nuts.” John gasped as he paced back and forth.
“You need her sire,” Andrea stuttered, “the psychics won’t dare do her harm. She is after all…”
John glared at her. His facial expressions told her to chose her words wisely.
“She is after all of noble blood. They are HER followers and will not do her harm.”
“True,” John stated, “but the will sacrifice her if need be. Her aura is no longer pure. Just like her mother and her grandmother. They tainted their auras and were banished from ever knowing the truth. Anna is also banished because of this. If the elder sees it fit, Anna will be executed if it means I will be killed.”
Andrea sighed with defeat and said, “They are her family though, surely they wouldn’t.”
Ana gasped. ‘Family,’ she thought, ‘I still have a family.’
“Family!” John shouted, “Family has nothing to do with it! You don’t think your family can banish you to purgatory and sentence your exile there?”
“Master,” Andrea hesitated.
“No,” John snapped, “I have had it. Do you think if for once my mother had cared anything about me I would still be here? My mother banished me to this Hellhole as punishment for not being a good demon. She said I needed practice in torturing people and causing discord/chaos. So I did. I reeked as much havoc as I could. I tore at the very fabric of life itself. I thought surely then she would be proud of me. Alas, she wasn’t. Nothing I did pleased her. So I killed more, tortured more, and destroyed more villages everyday. Nothing worked though, it was like I wasn’t even there.”
Anna listened intently.
“Then along comes miss goody, goody Melissa. She actually gave me the attention I yearned for and made me feel like somebody. Then she had to go and betray me by sealing me away in the deepest pits in Hell. My mother was ashamed to see me again. I could tell by the way she looked at me that I was a disgrace to our family’s name.”
“Master,” Andrea whispered.
“No,” John shouted, “no more. I refuse to play this charade for my mother’s benefit. I quit!”
“Master,” Andrea shouted, “what do you mean?”
“Exactly as it sounds,” he said, “I quit. I give up on ever finding my body. Hell you might as well send me back to Hell where I can rot in peace.”
Anna couldn’t believe what she was hearing.
“Melissa has won after all. Dear old Anna can assume her old freaking life once again.” John cackled, “Damn it to Hell, I can’t stand this feeling of hopelessness that lingers around me. Damn Melissa, damn her and her precious offspring Anna to Hell.”
Anna gasped before she though, ‘I’m related to Melissa. Oh no, Melissa’s the one who…’ Anna got up and slowly opened the door.
“And another thing,” John shouted before he heard the creak of the door behind him opening. Both Andrea and John turned around to see a disheveled Anna peering down at the floor. Both of their faces looked mortified.
“No,” she muttered, “John don’t you dare quit on me.”
John was about to say something but Anna cut him off.
“All my life I have had no purpose,” she hissed, “and now that I found one you want to go and strip it away from me. Just because you find out I’m related to the person that banished you. Well I have something to say…I don’t care if you kill me or not. I will revive your dead body and help you restore yourself.”
Andrea smiled with thoughtfulness as she said, “My dear, I knew you wouldn’t dessert us.”
Anna smiled weakly and said, “I have no past, but the present and future is mine to behold. I will journey with you to the end of the world if I have too. This is my way for repenting what my ancestor did to you.”
John glared at her with such hatred.
“I only ask of one thing though,” Anna stuttered, “I wish to see my existing family. I wish to know what they are like.”
John nodded his head and agreed to the request. “You do realize,” he said, “that form this moment on…there is no turning back.”
Anna smiled and said, “I know, but when a friend needs you do whatever you can do to help.”
John turned his head away as he asked, “You consider a terrible person like me a friend?”
“You’re not a terrible person,” Anna reassured, “you’re just misunderstood. I believe you are what you make of yourself. If you are happy walking this path then continue on towards it.”
John still refused to look at her.
“I know Melissa hurt you in the past, but please don’t take out your revenge on me. I’m not Melissa, I’m Anna. I am no different from the day we first met.”
John glanced around and muttered, “Melissa.”
Anna glanced at him suspiciously. ‘Huh,’ she thought, ‘what did he mutter?’
‘Melissa,’ he thought. Suddenly his eyes widened with fear and he ran away from Anna’s sight. Anna was about to chase after him, but Andrea stopped her.
“No,” Andrea said, “master John wants to be alone. He needs to think.” Anna nodded and watched as the last bit of his aura finally vanished.
John swept through the halls of the hotel and exited out of the west wing. Soon he found himself outside his eyes darted back in forth. “Why!” he screamed, “Why mother, why?”
From the deepest pits in Hell a small chuckle emerged from the darkness. Bright green eyes began to glow as they peered into a crystal ball that showed John crying out to someone.
“My dear boy,” a woman’s voice cackled, “you still don’t get it.” The female voice began to laugh hysterically as she swept at the darkness. Several demons appeared before her. “Go forth,” she called, “my minions and do anything you can to postpone my dear sons awakening.
They all grunted before they stepped back into the darkness. The woman began to laugh again as she whispered, “Let’s see how well you fair, my son.”
Meanwhile, John was still cursing outside. “Why,” he cried, “I did everything you asked. Why, why do you still consider me a disgrace? What do I have to do to please you?”
“You can go back to Hell!” snarled Holly as she held out her magic book.
John turned around and gasped, “You.”
The book began to glow and Holly shouted, “Die!” A mist of pure energy exploded form the book and was aiming for John. He gasped and jumped out of the way.
“Now,” Holly shouted as she saw John jump into the air.
“Judgment’s kiss!” Ben shouted. A swarm of energy formed in his hands and unleashed aiming for John.
‘No,’ John thought as he raised his arms in front of his face and tried to dodge. He barely missed the fatal blow.
Another lash of energy flashed behind him and hit him dead on. It wasn’t fatal, but it drained John none the less. John screamed out in pain.
“I’m going out there,” Anna shouted as she began to put on her shoes.
“No,” Andrea insisted, “master John just needs to clear his head.”
“I don’t car,” Anna shouted, “someone needs to get it through to his arrogant head that I’m not Melissa!”
Andrea was about to say something else when suddenly they heard John scream. “Master,” Andrea gasped as she ran quickly through all the walls and outside.
“John,” Anna whispered as she hurried out the door, tying her shoes on the way.
Andrea emerged outside and saw all the psychics closing in on John. “Master!” she shouted as she began to run towards him.
“Get away,” John demanded, “don’t come any closer.”
“It’s been hectic trying to find you,” Holly snapped.
“But it was worth it to see your sniveling face before we banish you back to Hell.” Tory said as he took a step closer.
“Get away from him,” Andrea shouted as she stood in front of him and took on a defensive stance.
“Should have known,” Li snarled as he pulled out a vial, “I hoped I wouldn’t have to use this.”
“Andrea,” John coughed, “get away.”
“But master,” she persisted, “I can’t leave you.”
“Get away,” John demanded, “that’s an order.”
Andrea’s eyes were on the verge of tears as she said, “I’m sorry master, but I will have to disobey you this time. I’m staying right here.”
“Andrea,” John coughed.
Anna had finally reached the main entrance door and ran outside. Her breaths were ragged and there was sweat all over her forehead. She was rounding a corner when she heard Andrea shout out that she was staying right there. ‘What the,’ Anna thought as she peered over. A gasp escaped her lips as she saw the psychics circling around John. ‘I have to do something,’ she thought as she glanced around at the group.
“Come now,” Ben snarled, “don’t make us banish you into Hell with this pathetic creature.”
“Just try me,” Andrea snarled, “I have protected John all my life and I be damned if I let you worthless wannabes get the best of him.”
Tory pulled out a sacred sutra scroll and threw it in John’s direction. Andrea saw it and jumped in it’s way.
“No,” John screamed as the sacred sutra latched onto Andrea and she screamed out in pain. Andrea soon collapsed on the hard dirt. ‘Andrea,’ John thought as he struggled to sit up.
“Now it’s your turn,” Tory snapped as he threw another one. John covered his face with his arms. His eyes clenched tightly as he awaited the pain.
Before Anna could think her feet were running as fast as they could towards John. ‘I’m not going to make it,’ she thought. Suddenly she began to glow a dim shade of white. In a blink of an eye she was in front of John. Dust trailed all the way back to her hiding spot. It shot up into the air and swirled around as Anna’s eyes began to glow a bright shade of pink.
The small sacred sutra never even came close to the pair. It erupted into pink flames and soon it was brown ashes. The group of psychics gasped as they witnessed the scene. It happened so fast that there was no way to counter it.
John’s eyes slowly opened and he gasped when he saw Anna hovering above him. Her hair was viciously swatting at the invisible air. Her fists were clenched tightly, so tightly that blood now trickled down from them. A pure aura radiated off of her. There was a barrier surrounding them of pure raw energy. He had never seen anything like this before. Not since…
“Melissa,” he gasped.
The psychics heard John say her name. “It can’t be,” Holly gasped as she took a step back.
Marge, who had remained quiet this whole time, stepped forth from her hiding spot and stared in awe. “Melissa,” she gasped as she took another step towards Anna.
Anna’s eyes were still glowing. Then suddenly her energy swept across towards the other psychics. It made such a loud swoosh as it lashed out towards them. The other psychics tried to run, but it was futile. The pure raw energy smacked them about and into a brick wall. They soon fell unconscious. When it was over the raw energy disappeared and Anna was seriously drained. She fell down towards the earth. Her eyes drifted off into a peaceful sleep. The last thing she saw was a young woman reaching out to her. A smile graced her features as she called out, “Anna.” The woman soon became fuzzy and then…there was no longer a woman.
Anna shot up in her bed. Sweat glistened off of her for head. She looked around the room and saw nothing. It was pitch black. A small startled gasp erupted from her as she saw John suddenly appeared form the shadows. He had a look of sadness plastered on his face.
“It’s you,” Anna gasped as she tried to calm herself down, “don’t startle me like that.”
“Sorry,” he muttered as he sat down next to her.
“Where’s Andrea?” Anna asked as she sat laidback down.
“Right here,” Andrea giggled as she too stepped out of the shadow’s tight grip.
“Where am I,” Anna asked.
“You’re at another hotel.” Andrea stated, “Master John possessed your body long enough to get you out of that awful scene.”
Anna glanced over at John and asked, “Are you alright?”
John slightly scooted away and said, “Yeah, I’m fine.”
Anna sighed with relief before she looked over at Andrea with concern.
“I’m quite alright dear.” Andrea reassured as she backed away, her hands shot up as a defense mechanism.
Anna slowly got of bed. “Man I have a headache,” she complained. She jumped with fright as a book was suddenly thrown at her. “What the,” she gasped as she picked it up. Her eyes widened with fright as she dropped the book back in its place. “No,” she stuttered, “no way.”
“Yes,” John demanded, “you have to learn how to control your psychic abilities. This book is your best bet on that. Along with my instructions you will be able to control your abilities in a matter of weeks.”
“No,” Anna stuttered, “last time I used it I…”
“Summoned me?” John questioned, “You say that like it’s a bad thing.”
Anna glared at him and said, “I can’t.”
“Yes you can.” John snapped.
“What if I mess up?” she asked as she nervously glanced around.
“You’ll learn from your mistakes,” John informed as he gestured toward the book, “we will start with the basics tonight. I suggest you get ready.” Then he disappeared into the night.
After an hour went by Anna was finally emotionally ready to try casting spells again. Anna breathed in and out three times before she reopened the book and looked at the basics.
“Well practice the art of protection,” John demanded as he peered over he shoulder.
Anna skimmed through the pages before she found the chapter. “The art of protection,” she read aloud, “section one, barriers.”
John smirked as she read the instructions over and over again.
“Ahh,” she groaned, “it doesn’t make any sense.”
John sighed with patience and said, “Focus your energy and then visualize yourself being surrounded by a bubble.”
Anna looked at him weird, but she tried it none the less. Nothing happened.
“You’re not focusing your energy,” John stated as he witnessed Anna becoming extremely annoyed with this spell.
“How the hell am I suppose to focus my freaking energy?” Anna shouted.
John smirked while he said, “Release all negative thoughts. Breath deeply, and try not to move. Relax your brain, try not to think. Like you would do when you try to float in water.”
Anna did such. Her breaths calmed down, her body relaxed, and soon she her arms went limp.
“Good,” John stated as he continued on, “now try not to think as you visualize the bubble.”
Anna muttered something, but soon did as he said. It was difficult visualizing a bubble without thinking. A swarm of pink energy surrounded her. It appeared to take on the shape of giant pink bubble. Anna cracked open her left eye and gasped, “I did it….I did it!”
“You did it,” John said with a smile.
Anna jumped up and down with joy. “I did it, I did it, I did it!” she screamed. Suddenly her grip on her barrier slipped and the energy shot up into the air and exploded.
John jumped back slightly. Anna nearly fainted. Andrea, who was watching them from the very beginning, sighed as she placed a hand on top of her head. “Never,” John sighed, “lose your grip on your energy…it could be disastrous if you do.” He glanced up at the sky for reference.
Anna nodded her head in fright.
Meanwhile, Holly was clamping an ice pack to her aching head. Tory was twisting her neck around. Ben was rubbing his now aching back, and Li was cursing up a storm. Marge was the only one in the group who wasn’t injured. She was currently starring out a nearby window. It overlooked the hotel garden.
“Damn it,” Li snapped, “we had him. We should have sealed him when we had the chance.”
“No need to shout, Li,” Holly groaned as she rubbed her temples with her free hand.
“Damn it,” Ben grunted, “that girl. If it wasn’t for that girl we would have had him.”
“I thought you said that he didn’t possess the same person twice.” Tory shouted.
“He doesn’t,” Holly shouted, “I don’t know what she was doing there.”
“Maybe she is helping him,” Ben snapped.
“Maybe he controlled her mind and forced her to help him.” Li stated.
“No,” Marge stuttered.
Everyone glanced over at her.
“No,” she continued, “no she was indeed his host. I could sense his vial presence all over her mind.”
“But he can’t possess someone twice.” Holly argued.
“He isn’t possessing her,” Marge said, “he’s living inside of her.”
“That’s exactly the same thing,” Ben shouted.
“No,” Li interjected, “no it’s not. When he possess someone he feeds off of their life force. This girl, somehow he is able to live inside of her mind without draining her. Therefore, he is living inside of a human. Like a parasite.”
“That’s not all,” Marge stated, “I heard him say Melissa. That girl must have been Melissa’s descendant. I’m sure of it.”
“Are you sure?” Holly asked.
“I heard him say it too.” Ben said.
“Then that’s why she can handle him. She is our master’s descendant. She is the one we are looking for. This girl is the only one who can stop him.” Li said.
“Then why did she help him,” Ben shouted.
“She must not know,” Holly snapped at Ben, “we have to tell her the truth. We have to explain just what she’s dealing with.”
“Oh trust me,” an elderly looking woman said as she slowly stepped into the room, “she knows exactly what‘s she‘s doing.”
The other psychics peered over and instantly bowed out of respect.
“Lady Crystal,” they said in unison, “what are you doing here.”
“I came to find my dead niece’s daughter, but when I caught wind of John’s reawakening I decided to do some research.” Crystal said as she sat down in a chair.
“We believe we have found her,” Holly stated.
“We believe she is the host of our greatest enemy,” Ben imputed.
“We believe she is traveling with the demon, my lord.” Li sighed.
Crystal sighed, “Believe me my children, I am well aware of this.”
“What do you want us to do?” Marge asked.
Crystal looked stern as she demanded, “Bring her to me. I will deal with this vile deed myself.”
“But what about John,” Marge stuttered.
Crystal smiled as she said, “If you find her…you’ll find him.”
The other psychics nodded and walked out of the room.
‘Let the game begin,’ Crystal thought with a small chuckle.