Fan Fiction ❯ W.I.T.C.H.:Staying Overnight ❯ Chapter One: Mrs. Knickerbocker closes Sheffield ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 

 

 

 

1 One 1

 

Will was daydreaming through math class. It was Friday, and she was trying to figure out how she would spend her weekend.

The skies outside were gray. Oh, great, another thunderstorm, Will though solemnly.

Will snapped back to real life just in time to hear the weekend assignment.

The bell rang right after she jotted down her assignment in her planner. She gathered her notebooks and folders and hurried into the hallway.

She turned the combination lock and opened it to reveal a frog-decorated locker. Will quickly put her stuff away and took out her backpack and coat.

A boom of thunder made Will jump. This sucks! I have to walk home in a storm! She thought, impatiently.

RING!

She jumped. It was the emergency bell. "Everyone, please report to the main gym! No one leave the school! A severe thunderstorm is occurring! I repeat, please report to the main gym!" Will heard Mrs. Knickerbocker's voice come through the speaker. Will looked down as she slammed her locker. Great, my whole weekend is ruined, she thought glumly.
She blew a strand of tasseled red hair from her face and walked in the direction of the gym. She was caught up in a tornado of excited Sheffielders.
She walked through the gym doors and started searching for her four friends and fellow guardians.
I can't find them! Will plunged into the crowd with a determined expression on her face. She noticed Mrs. Knickerbocker making her way towards the front of the gym. Where are they? Will wondered.
She noticed Uriah and his gang giggling in the back. She also noticed Martin. But, no members of W.I.T.C.H., Will concluded with a sigh.
Suddenly she saw the shiny blonde hair of her only earth friend. Cornelia! Will almost said out loud. She ran towards her four friends, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin.
Good thing, too. Because at that moment, Mrs. Knickerbocker started her speech.

"What took you so long?" Irma asked as Will walked up to them. "Well, I WAS at my locker, getting ready to go home, but Mrs. Knickerbocker HAD to make the announcement." She replied. Cornelia and Hay Lin sighed together as they slouched down against the folding seats.
"I hope we don't have to stay here overnight!" Taranee said, shivering.
"This gym is so stuffy!" Cornelia said, fanning her face with her hand. "No Problem!" Hay Lin exclaimed. She waved her hand, and the gym suddenly cooled down.
"Hay Lin!" Irma and Taranee whispered together. "What if somebody saw that?" Cornelia asked. Of course, nobody probably noticed with all the excitement, Will thought.
They talked for a while, but at the end of the speech, something she said caught their attention. "And, so," Mrs. Knickerbocker concluded. "The students of Sheffield Institute and the staff will be staying overnight.
"WHAT?!" The five guardians cried out. My weekend is gone, Will thought. Will sighed, looking down.
"Therefore, there are 6 extra rooms in the school. The 6th grade boys will stay in one, the 7th grade boys stay in another, 6th grade girls in another, etc..." Mrs. Knickerbocker contrinued.
"This sucks!" Cornelia whispered to her friends. Irma raised her hand. "Yes, Irma?" Mrs. Knickerbocker asked. "Does this mean we have to eat more cafiteria food?" Irma asked. The principal didn't answer, and the gym was filled with laughter.
Will chuckled, and so did her friends, but they were too unhappy to laugh. Their weekend was totally ruined! Mrs. Knickerbocker started calling grades and they would get up and a teacher would lead them to the stairs and put them in a room.
Finally, they heard the principal call out the eighth grade girls and Will and her friends slowly got up along with tons of other girls. Mrs. Nelson led them to a small but spacy bare room and waited for what was next. "Now, as long as you don't leave the classroom at any time unless you have to go to the bathroom, you can do anything you want." Mrs. Nelson said.
This won't be so bad after all, Will thought. She and her friends slowly walked over to a corner and sat on the floor. "What are we going to do?" Cornelia asked.
"I dunno, Corny." Irma joked. Cornelia scowled. "Um, you're backpack is glowing, Hay Lin." Taranee whispered, pointing to Hay Lin's messenger bag.
Hay Lin gasped. This is getting weird, Will thought. Hay Lin reached into her bag, and pulled out the map of twelve portals! "I thought your Grandma took it back?" Will asked.
"So did I." She replied. "Maybe she just gave it to us for a second to look at something."
Hay Lin unrolled the map, and Sheffield Gym was glowing! The portal is open again! "Oh, man!" Irma gasped.
"What if somebody sees it?" Cornelia wondered. "Well, we have to make sure no one does." Will said. "That means tonight, when everyone's asleep, we have to go out and close it ourselves."
"Are you serious?!" Hay Lin and Taranee whispered together. "Yes. It's the only way." Will muttered. She looked down. This is going to be great, just great, she thought sarcastically, and sighed.