Fan Fiction ❯ W.I.T.C.H.:Staying Overnight ❯ Chapter Two: The Grumper Sisters Interfere ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

2 Two 2

 

Irma stared at the map. At least I'll be brother-free for a night, she thought with a chuckle.
Her friends around her either had serious, excited, or scared expressions on their face.
I'm going to miss Boy Comet, Irma suddenly thought seriously. Man!
"Maybe we could close it now!" She asked her other fellow guardians. "Maybe we could!" Hay Lin piped up. "Let's ask if we could go to the bathroom," Will said, slowly getting up.
"May we go to the bathroom?" Cornelia asked Mrs. Nelson with a kind smile. "Sure, I'll ask one of the teachers if they can take you."
"Never-" Irma started, but Will slapped a hand over her mouth. "Huh?" Irma mumbled. "Trust me," Will mumbled back. "Okay," She said, smiling at the teacher.

"Why are we still going?" Taranee whispered to Will as they opened the door to the bathroom. "We can at least see if the gym door is locked." Will said back.

When they were walking back, they tried the gym door when their teacher wasn't looking.

Will turned the knob. It was open! Irma sighed with relief. That was a close one, she thought.
"That's good. For a second, I thought I would have had to make a hole in the door just so we could get in!" Cornelia said with a smile.
"You're not allowed in there," the teacher said. Irma and looked and saw Will with the door open. Oops, she giggled to herself. The five girls smiled at each other knowingly and walked back to the class.
They sat down back in their normal corner and talked about the plan. "We'll have to leave about 3 hours after everyone is asleep, since right after we go to sleep there would probably be guards still roaming the halls, and-" Will broke off. She gasped and pointed to the window. Irma looked.
It was Cedric! She had seen the end of his long robe. This is great, Irma thought with a sarcastic grimace.
Just when Cedric disappeared from site, two people that the guardians hated, walked up.
"Whatcha looking at?" The Grumper sisters said with a smirk.

Irma looked at the Grumper sister's. Courtney smiled in an evil way and Bess followed suit.
How are we going to keep this a secret now? Irma thought stubbornly.
"We're just looking at the rain," Cornelia grunted back. Will folded her arms and looked down.
"We heard there's going to be a flood," Bess smiled, looking at Will hard.
"Could you guys just leave us alone?" Taranee asked, quietly, but strong.
"Why should we?" Courtney snapped back.
"Because you guys are totally annoying!" Irma nearly screamed, having had enough of the Grumpers. "You guys are keeping secrets from us, and you know what we do with secrets," Bess said. "We sniff them out, and let the whole school know!" Courtney finished.
With that, the two sisters turned around, and while still making sure they were in sight of the five girls, sat down.
"This is going to be harder than I thought," Will said. "Yeah, they're going to be watching us like an eagle watching his prey." Hay Lin said as she stared at the sisters. They're planning something, Irma thought. We need a better plan.
"Just to make sure the Grumper Sisters don't find out anything, two girls should stay here and guard, but if the sisters don't move at all and look like they're asleep, then the guards could go ahead to the gym." Will whispered to her fellow guardians.
"I can stay," Irma said. "I love messing with the Grumpers anyway." She smiled.
"I might as well stay, too. Irma and I aren't too shabby when we work as a team." Cornelia said.
"Then, it's me, Hay Lin, and Taranee." Will smiled at her two friends. "Are you guys ready for tonight?"
"Totally!" Hay Lin exclaimed. "Sure." Taranee said quietly. I might miss out on the action, but I don't want to miss the Grumper action, Irma thought with a smirk.
She looked at the Grumper sisters, who were staring at them like they were evil. They scare me sometimes, Irma thought.

Irma could feel Courtney's stare on her shoulders. She didn't like it. "Why are the Grumpers so grumpy?" Irma said, suddenly realizing what she said. I get it now, she thought with a little laugh.
She ran her fingers through her silky brown hair. A boom of thunderstorm made the whole class jump.
Suddenly, the history teacher, Mr. Collins walked in. He stared at the five guardians with an odd smile. Wait...Irma thought, but she couldn't finish that thought.
"Your Mom wants you home, Will." He said in a cold voice. "She can't, the storm is too bad," Mrs. Nelson said, walking up.
"I'm a good driver." He said with a smirk. Mrs. Nelson stared at him with a confused stare.
"Come on, Will." He ordered her, jerking Will's arm. "No!" She screamed. The Grumper sisters walked up, interested.
Cornelia was staring at him. "Well, Mr. Collins must be having a bad day." Irma whispered to Taranee and Hay Lin.
Suddenly a mini-earthquake formed right around Mr. Collins and he yelled and let Will go. Cornelia smiled. I already know who caused that, Irma thought with a smile. Suddenly Mr. Collin's started to change! Oh, man! She thought.