Fatal Fury Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Innocent? Yet Addicted ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

Kiko couldn't help but feel lost. She missed her best friend and ex Joe more than she could say. He was her only family. Once they broke up, they became best friends. He looked after her, took her around the world, let her train with the best martial arts trainers in the world. Kiko was able to visit her brother, Ryu, even see Chun Li, Ryu's soul mate. But Kiko and her brother lived different lives, in completely different worlds it seemed. She was always by Joe's side, and to most, she was his lover. But they both knew they could never go down that road again.

Kiko stuffed her hands in her pockets, as the earth's cold chill took over her body. She was freezing while wondering the strange towns. She looked at the gray sky; it was going to rain. She knew it. The ocean side crashed on the docks as she stepped onto the concrete sidewalk. It had been almost 2 months of being lost. But Andy, Mia figured it was a way to find herself again. But it was a lie. Joe was distraught, but still winning matches. Kiko wanted to find someone. She was always a true friend, and knew she had to find him before he destroyed himself with alcohol and fights. Terry was great at starting fights. And drinking has killed his spirit enough times to know it was poison in his veins. Joe, Mia and Andy would think she was foolish, but she would do the same for them any day. They all called her Kio (K-eye`o) Kiko (Key-ko) was kinda of a mouth full.

So there Kio was, just pacing up to a long narrow darken hill. Little did she know the trouble that brewed a few feet ahead.

"Hey, Pancho, look. Fine Ma coming up the street." A man, skinny, completely pale with ratted brown hair and a long finger like nose shook his finger at her. The man, Pancho whom he was speaking too was fat, well, completely overweight, his belly overlapped his belt. He had an unshaven face, and a long ponytail. He gawked at the girl's long dark brown locks, tied back in a ponytail, and then it was wrapped in a white ribbon all the way down to her waist. Her gray shirt and black jeans made him melt.

"I want her to join us." Pancho's voice was cold and dooming. The skinny man nodded his head and began to enter the street. Kio looked up, seeing the man ahead.

"Um, young lady, would you care to join us for dinner. My associate and I would love your presence." She rose an eyebrow and gave him a disgusting looked while holding onto her bag, thrown over her shoulder.

"I think not." Kio growled, and walked passed him. His hand flew onto her shoulder, but as soon as he touched her, her right fist nailed his cheekbone, and her left feet dove under his calves, sending him crashing onto the pavement. It seemed in slow motion as he cradled his body on the street. Kio stared at him, standing victorious. Her fists clenched, she looked ahead in an alleyway. A fat man stood up, Kio picked up her bag, then look at him. "You might wanna get him to the hospital, his leg is broken." The skinny man didn't realize it till she said the words; he gripped his leg and whined. Pancho licked his teeth, then turned down the alley, ignoring his fallen friend. Kio glared at him, then sighed and walked away.

"Not in the savior mood." She muttered to herself. She was tired, hungry, and was running out of money. Also she was constantly groped, touched, gawked over and whistled at. She hated the attention. Turning into an alley, she heard a bar was straight ahead, she viewed the entrance then stepped in.

Harry's Cherry was what it was called. Red lights smoke cloud above the bar, it was completely full of brawling drunks and the bar was full of drinks. She needed water, and something to eat. Taking a seat, she ordered water, then heard a voice.

"Kiko Rya Yu, known threw out the 7 wonders as the one girl to challenge Chun Li's order of dominance of the female fighting realm. Word is she can kick about any mans ass as well." Kio nearly spit her water out onto the lighted bar. She swiveled around in her stool, and saw no one she really knew, just a man.

"Glad to finally see you Kiko, its been said you've been traveling, I never thought you'd come here though." She gave a fake smile as everyone was now staring at her. He was extremely tan, and his hair was tied back. He was strong, possibly a fighter.

"And you are?" Kiko asked as he gave a quick laugh and approached her. She set her water down and hid her bloody knuckles, she hit the skinny mans teeth, cracking her rough knuckles.

"Gami." He said while the people returned to they're own business. She nodded and folded her arms.

"What is it you'd like Gami? Cause announcing me in front of a drunken mess doesn't impress me much." She snapped, already irritated.

"Oh I'm sorry Kiko. It's just a shock."

"I see you're familiar with fighters. Now tell me, have you seen Terry Bo-" Before she could finish he interrupted.

"Hospital, 4 blocks on the right." He said plainly. Kio fetched her bag, then ran out.

The hospital was white, everything. If something was a different color, she figured it was from a bloodstain. She had asked the clerk which room he was in. 346, she entered it, gripping the knob then shutting it quietly. She turned, in the little light she could see his left eye, swollen, and dark purple. Covering her mouth, she saw him. She leaned against the door, bracing herself for something worse. She saw his hat, lying on the floor. She picked it up then touched his hand. Terry flinched she woke him. With his good eye, he looked at her, and a small smile entered his face.

"Terry." Kio said softly. He seemed so happy to see her; his face was worn and pale.

"Hey." He said like in his normal tone. She held his hand, as he clenched her grip.

"Who did this?"

"Not a big deal actually." He sat up, she noticed he was dressed. The only thing that seemed to be injured was his eye. He tossed the sheet off himself, then stood up and released her grip.

"What?" She was shocked she thought he was dying or something, but he was just fine. He helped her too her feet, and then hugged her.

"TERRY!" Kio laid in her bed and screamed. She realized it was a dream. Touching her forehead, she saw her clock, 3:30 am. But it wasn't a dream about the skinny man, Pancho, her bloody knuckles and Gami. But finding Terry was. After leaving Cherry's she sent the night in a hotel. She did as Gami though, he said Terry hasn't been seen for a long time. She sighed and rolled out of bed. Getting dressed, she packed her things and went to check out of the hotel.

The air was cold and harsh, she was till tired, but needed to make way to finding Terry. She had been on his trial for almost 3 weeks now. He was just wondering as she was. Kio didn't truly understand why she was going through so much trouble to find him. But she felt she had too.

As the rain pounded her body, she a car drove by in a puddle and soaked her as the water flew up onto her. Kio was upset, cold, hungry and without money. Most of all a hole was eating away in her stomach.

"Fuck it." She mumbled while coming to the conclusion Terry wasn't worth chasing after. Because that it what she was doing, until someone screamed her name.

"Kiko! HEY KIO!" She turned, soaked and emotionless. It was Ken. His blond hair was drenched, and his red usual outfit was as well. He looked so glad, yet she couldn't smile.

"Ken."

"Kio." He said while hugging her, she leaned on his chest and for the first time in months felt safe. He clenched her and saw she wasn't feeling well. "Kiko, what have you been up too? Ryu says you've been gone for two months."

"Course Ryu did." Kio sighed as Ken put his arm around her shoulder and walked her into a small alley, sheltered from the rain. Ken was great at reading her too, he held her out and looked at her small soak body, he pulled her close, to share body warmth. "Who are you looking for?" He asked her.

"Terry." She knew there was no use in lying to her life long friend.

"Love him?" He asked her.

"I love a lot of people." She stayed locked in his arms, with her head under his chin she closed her eyes. There was a long pause, before Ken spoke.

"C'mon Kio, you need some food, and warm clothes." He said, but he realized she was asleep, she was beat. He noticed her knuckles while picking her up. He loved Kiko, more than she could ever understand. Ken always worried about Kiko.