Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Bahamut's Legacy ❯ The Antipodean Affair ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4

Shiva's Secret:

The Antipodean Affair

Shiva and Bahamia had long since sent Bahamut off. He was still grumbling about Shiva's earlier prank and she was finding it quite difficult to pay him no attention. Why is he so stubborn? She wanted time to talk with Bahamia and she very well couldn't do that with him brooding in their presence.

***

Bahamut was still muttering unintelligible language. Shiva had already concluded that whatever he was saying was not meant to be understood and he would probably end up regretting it if he had spoken loudly. She found it easy to ignore him for the first five minutes. After all, he had to cool off some time. Consequently, this was simply getting old fast, and she really didn't want to argue with the childish dragon king at the moment. Her chain of thought was soon broken.

"What are we going to do about him?" whispered Bahamia. She, too, was growing quite annoyed with her father. "I thought he was more mature than this... regardless of his childish ways but, you know? Ugh! You, you know what I mean!"

"I must admit, he really is a pain in his present state. I guess we're going to have to get rid of him, but how?" Bahamut's stifled murmurs increased into a louder growling and Shiva was on the edge of lashing out on him. Wait, I know the perfect way! "Bahamut, are you really going to stay in such a foul mood the entire time you're here?"

"Well, I try. Why? Is there a problem?" Bahamut snapped at the ice goddess. She really couldn't understand how he could lead a war sensibly but was not able to take the slightest joke.

"Yes, there is a problem. Stop acting like a baby and enjoy yourself. This is not your day, you know."

"So? Why should I care?"

"Are you still upset over the snowball?"

"Do I look upset?"

"Actually I wasn't paying attention. Why else would I ask?"

"Because you thought it was funny, what else?"

"Get over yourself. You aren't that important that I should gain a few cheap laughs from your own misery. Besides, younger brother, when have you known me to do that?"

"But-but..."

"When?"

"... never."

"That's what I thought. Look, if I hurt your feelings, then I apologize. I'm not one to start grudges, and besides, I didn't do anything wrong. When you got hit, that was in fair sport. You can't tell me that you wouldn't have tried something similar..." At this, Bahamut grinned at her truthful revelation. You have no idea... "Look, Ifrit should be somewhere around the palace. He shouldn't be too hard to find being that he's the only red thing in this castle. Why don't you go find him? I'm sure you two would be glad to see each other again."

"Yeah. It's been awhile since we last spa-- wait a second! What's he doing here? He has his own kingdom."

"Oh, uh-- he's here to give Bahamia her gift. I'm afraid this is the only time he could give it to her. He's quite busy in the demon world." Bahamia almost giggled when she saw her father practically convinced. She even found herself a little skeptical as to why Ifrit would be here, or if he were here at all. Nah, she just apologized. She wouldn't trick him again. This is definitely my mentor... Bahamia continued to ponder. Shiva was the one who she learned her feminine manipulations from, yet if Ifrit was here, she couldn't help but wonder why he was really here.

"Oh, okay." Bahamut let out a mischievous grin. "I can hardly wait to spar him again."

"I can hardly wait to see it..." Shiva chuckled nervously. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea... The last thing she needed was for those two to have a sparring session inside the palace, her palace. Great... they better not break anything! Bahamut left and she continued to walk with his daughter.

***

The two stopped in front of Shiva's chambers. "I think my palace chambers would be the best place to chat." Shiva opened her door and walked in, signaling Bahamia to wait outside. To her dismay, or more so her surprise, she saw an unexpected sight inside and almost screamed. "I-Ifrit! What are you doing in here?" Bahamia stepped in, surveying the familiar surroundings. A room with a light blue and white scene and theme triggered the dragoon princess' memory. There was only one thing that stood out- the fiery red Eidolon standing by the bed.

Shiva was signaling for Ifrit to disappear before Bahamia saw him, but it was too late. Bahamia even stopped for a second, gazing in awe at what Shiva could not bring herself to speak on. Ifrit stood in the freezing chambers, which Shiva found most comforting, wearing nothing but a smile. Of course, now that smile screamed a hint of embarrassment. Shiva began to blush. Oddly, but in its own way natural, Shiva's cheeks glowed a bright blue, spreading across her entire face.

"Uncle Ifrit. My, I never knew you of all people would be so--" Shiva covered Bahmia's mouth, still blushing at her fiery lover.

"Hush, child. Don't speak of things you haven't come to experience." Shiva had to silence Bahamia immediately. If I don't shut her up now, she'll tell Bahamut about this! This was Shiva's secret. She needed a fire inside her that the hottest dragon's flame could not supply. After all, this was never meant to reach the light of day that was public knowledge.

"Ifrit, I thought you decided to take a walk. You know, clear your mind...?"

"Yes, but while I was thinking, all that seemed to come across my mind was you." Shiva's blush brilliantly darkened into a royal blue. Bahamia squirmed underneath her grip. Shiva could hold on no longer, and let go, a shocked Bahamia crashing to the floor.

"You little deviant, you..." she carelessly giggled, unable to conceal the bright blue glow in her cheeks. "Now is not the time. Bahamut is looking for you. I think you boys need to catch up on a few things." Ifrit conjured a dark smirk.

"All right." He walked past Shiva, smacking her on her rear, causing her to gasp abruptly. He then whispered into her ear. "But you and I will catch up on things later. Hey, Bahamia, I'll have your gift at the banquet tonight." He took the moment to exit the room, magically clothing himself in the process, then, in a fiery blaze, he teleported off to wherever Bahamut was.

"You want to explain that to me?" Bahamia was curious as to how Shiva could have sexual urges. "I thought you and he were Eidolons."

"When we were free, it was designated that because we were the most human-like in form, we would be given sexual desire and I would have the power to reproduce new Eidolons. No one else knows about this, so don't let your father know; he'd never let me live it down." Bahamia's mind swelled with curiosity.

"But why wasn't my father given reproduction?" Bahamia asked, thinking about the fact that she had no mother.

"There were no Eidolons that seemed like a match for a dragon. Besides, only Ifrit and I will have the ability to give birth to new Eidolons, but you and the subjects of Edolonia have been given a reproductive system, even though you yourself can't create new Eidolons. Instead, you father--" Shiva stopped short. Bahamut neglected to explain this to his daughter for the reason that she would not want to ascend afterwards. His Eidolon power would be passed down to Bahamia, but he would lose his immortality and the power that came with it. As a result, he would be free to age and die, but he would still be unable to have a life partner, while he had created her to be able to pass her power on to a child she could bear even after accepting his immortality. It's so unfair! He deserves to know this feeling after being such a glorious king to Edolonia. This was as far as she knew. She didn't need yet to be informed that he would die this way.

"What?"

"Oh, it's nothing. It's getting late, and I'm afraid that I will not have the time to talk with you right now, but I cannot miss your party tonight, that's for certain. In the meantime..." Shiva waved her hand, forming a spear with a mystical arctic chill around it.

"This is the Polar Spear. It possesses the power to cast basic ice spells and its strength in physical combat is protected by my magic. I know you love ice attacks, and seeing how you have good taste..." Shiva knew Bahamia's likes and dislikes by heart. The dragons, subjects or otherwise, had access to the use of fire, wind, and lightning, with the exception of Leviathan and his water skill. Bahamia was deeply fascinated with ice power and, she wanted that as her special attack, so Shiva saw fit to make her the first ice-user. "... I've decided to have you as the first ice-breathing dragon. You will be an apprentice of mine in the Arctic Breath attack. I designed it especially for you. You will now be able to breathe fiery flamethrowers and sub-zero ice blasts. Not even Bahamut knows how to do this, but it can be taught. With work, you will master this attack and perhaps surprise your father when the time comes for you two to spar."

"Wow! I can't believe it. You guys spoil me too much..."

"Oh, nonsense! Stop hiding behind that fake modesty! Besides, I know how much you enjoy fighting and when you see that boy you want as a mate..." Shiva said, giggling. "He won't be able to get away if he's frozen stiff. Arghh! What was that?" There was a loud boom from outside. "I should have known those two would start sparring." She sighed. "I better get them before there isn't a castle left to save. Are you coming, Bahamia?"

"Of course." Another tremor shook the castle grounds, and Bahamia found herself laughing nervously. "I guess boys will be boys…"

_____________

___________

"I'm assuming that we will see you two at the banquet tonight," Bahamut inquired.

Too quick at the mouth for his own good, Ifrit responded. "You know it, but first we have to take care of a few things." Ifrit playfully winked at Shiva, who with another of her famed blushes waved him away, looking at him in a scolding fashion showing disapproval. Bahamut couldn't pick this up because he wasn't familiar with these emotions, but Bahamia barely choked on a suppressed giggled she chose to cover with her hand. Oh father, you're so clueless. The two dragons flew off into the air, leaving behind the slight gasp of a startled Shiva, followed by a slapping sound, and finally ending with a groaning Ifrit.