Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Majestic ❯ Maybe You Love Her More Than You're Willing to Admit ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi All!!! *Hugs everyone who reviewed* I luv you all!!!!!!!!! I am currently writing the angsty parts, chapter 13 or 14, because I'm kind of in one of those moods. That's why this took years to publish. I am embarrassed at the unoriginality! Most of my favorite fics have given her amnesia; most of them after I wrote this but nonetheless, they had it planned the whole time!! I saw the Majestic yesterday and now I'm embarrassed. I didn't even know all of the similarities, until I saw the movie…I mean first his girlfriend's name is Sandy, then he looses his memories when he goes off a one-lane bridge in a car crash while being drunken…God help me!!!!!! Luv ya all, Jacks

P.S. I am so sorry about all of the similarities, which probably piss off a lot of you. I am truly sorry; in fact so sorry that this chappy will be dedicated to those of you who feel that way. And Grrl Gamer and Miss Novelist and Twinkies. Thank you all for suggesting new titles, I am afraid that I will stick with the one I have, for the time being.

P.P.S. I own NOTHING!!!!! Dammee!!!!!! No denoiro avek twa!!!!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, it enkindles the great."
Comte DeBussy-Rabutin

******~<><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><><>~******

Sandy stands up, collecting her books, while clenching her fists, attempting to change the thoughts in her head. Quistis, the girl that she was mistaken for, the girl that Seifer had thrown a fit over, looked just like her. She was the same height, the same eyes, and the same hair…without her perms. Quistis had the same muscled arms and legs that were the product of hard work and training.

Maybe Sandy McAllen isn't me…maybe I'm Quistis. She likes that name.

Sandy races out of the room to her next class, combat fitness, strategies and conditioning. She misses Squall and Mr. Miller.

"What you said in class was inexcusable." Squall begins, angry beyond thought.

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking, why the sudden change in heart?" Brian asks, unsure of Squall's ferocity.

"Everyone, no matter who, deserves to have a good memory of them left. You obviously have no respect for the dead." Brian grimaces. Squall fills out a blue slip, with details of Brian's detention on them.

"You will be serving detention all of this week and next week, including in two nights with the party goers that got drunk." Squall passes him the slip and he moans.

Selphie runs into Seifer's classroom. Seifer looks at her a bit confused.

"Can I help you?" Seifer asks as the brunette tries to catch her breath.

"Listen...Squall's...get...ing…the…blood tests…back…today. He wants us to be there in his office at…three-thirty." Seifer frowns.

"But I promised Fuu that I'd go out to eat with her." Seifer smiles as he verbally corners Selphie.

"Bring her along," Seifer's jaw drops as Selphie turns around to face the door before turning around once again to face Seifer.

"I wanted to talk to you about something else too." She says, a little bit more seriously than the rest of her life.

"What?" Seifer asks as if he and Selphie were breaking up.

"Sit down." She commands. Seifer complies, easily and sits himself in one of his student's desk. Selphie once again begins.

"I heard about you and Squall's plan for Quisty. I have to give him credit in the secretive department because it took me a lot of digging to find out what's going on. But…" She says, detached.

"But what?" Seifer braces for anything in its little amounts.

"But, I don't think that it's just a ploy. I think that if you just opened the real you up a little and if you stop caring what other people think…" Seifer stops her.

"I care about her like I would a SISTER. Like you or Noa or Chicken-wuss." Seifer insists, keeping his mind in this battle, refusing to be kicked out at round 1.

"Answer me this then, if you love her like Irvine, and Zell and Squall do then why are you the only one who hallucinated her?" Seifer replies quickly, as his face flusters.

"I have her classroom…" He begins.

"Because you choose that one over any other classroom, including many new ones."

"…And I am in her old dorm…"

"BY CHOICE!!!" Selphie jumps on him (verbally…you perves :p)

"…And I have always been a brother to her in the orphanage…"

"When you carried her back to her dorm it didn't look like a family love was glowing in your eyes, no it looked like…"

"AND I WAS HER FUCKING FAILURE!!!!!" He screams, then tries to recollect himself.

"No, Seifer, you aren't her failure. Look at yourself, you didn't fail her, or anyone for that matter." Selphie tries to comfort him as his class begins to file in. He begins to speak in a low, quiet (SEXY…drool) voice.

"When I started out for Garden I wanted to be the best SeeD ever. I wanted to be someone, and prove myself with or without parents. I wanted to show everyone that I was some one to be remembered for good deeds. But when you're young, you have horrible judgment. The next thing I knew, I was punching a kid while Fujin and Rajin held him up. Then she came by, as a new SeeD, and wrote me up. She asked me my name. I was supposed to be her brother. Her Brother!!! And then reality took a swipe at me. So I followed my old ways, I kicked the shit out of Squall. I beat up Zell mercilessly. I turned back into the monster I'm known for. My first detention felt like a wake up call. They were telling me that because I got a detention I was bad. And so I followed that path. You know where that got me. When I heard that she died, something snapped inside of me. And I just wanted…I want to make her proud. That's why I treat her differently." Seifer finished.

"Seifer listen tome and listen to me good. If you only love her like a sister and Irvine Squall and Zell all love her the SAME way, why are you the only one who hallucinated her? Maybe you love her more than you are willing to admit." The bell rings as Selphie finishes.

"SHIT!!" Selphie curses. The whole class shouts OOOUUUU. (Oo like in food.)

"Aw fuck off!!! What are you guys? Seven?" She shames her instructor title. She then runs out.

"Even if I did, she could never love a heartless, cold failure." He whispers, pain stricken and grieving. He mentally slaps himself for being weak and stands up, ready for anything the class can give him.

Seifer searches the room. Where is Quis? He turns his head to the left. She stands there right next to his shoulder.

"Umm…Seifer…I mean Instructor Almasy, where should I sit?" Sandy asks, shyly and with a punch of excitement every now and then.

"Yea, Seifer, how many extra credit points will you give me if I sleep with you?" One angered female shouts, mocking Sandy. Sandy turns around with a dignified smile planting her lips.

"More points then you'd get. Have you ever heard of a gym? How about bathing?" Sandy makes herself a new enemy.

"Alright class settle, settle. As you probably have figured out by now, we have a new student, her name is Sandy. Sandy, please take your seat next to Miss. Josephine." Sandy sits down next to the girl she was bickering with a few moments.

"Since this is Combat Strategies and Training, today we will be doing a bit of both. Let's start with the basic review." He begins to write a battle scenario on the board with diagrams on it that are similar to a football coach's.

"Can anyone explain to me and the rest of the class which strategy this is and how it works?" Many pull their heads down towards their desks, trying to avoid being put on the spot. Quistis raises her hand and waits to be called on. Seifer calls on her, assuming it's for something like a bathroom pass or that she needs a textbook.

"That is the standard Allies tactic, named after the tactic that the Allies used against Germany during World War 1. The particular countries that used it were Russia and France. What happens is the group splits into a group of two to four in rare cases. They then corner the enemy and force them to surrender. Often the General is killed by one of the SeeDs to fight resistance. This method was first used in the Garden against Sorceress Adel's troops of Corsica." She concludes as the class stares at her.

"Yes, umm, yes." Seifer says, a bit surprised at her sudden knowledge in the battle tactics. Quistis beams…dammit, no Sandy. Sandy beams.

"Class get ready to go down to the training center for the conditioning part of the class. Sandy if you could come here quickly. I would like to talk to you." Seifer announces over chatty students. Sandy walks up to Seifer's desk.

"You wanted to see me?" Sandy questions. Seifer opens a drawer and grabs a long thick scaly coil of rope. It appears to have a "stinger" at the end. It is a weapon that could be identified as a whip, more specifically a Save the Queen, Quisty's whip.

"I know that you need a weapon. A friend of mine, who unfortunately died, left me with this whip. I can't use it so I think it would be put into the best care if I gave it to you." Seifer says as the girl nearly faints. She smiles and takes it, unsure of anything. Her hand shakes as she runs her fingers across the scaly surface of the whip. They daintily dance across down to the handle.

"Thank…Thank you." She speaks, understanding the value of the weapon. He smiles.

"I wanted someone to use it." He articulates. She finds the belt loop on the left of her skirt and loops the whip on to it. Seifer quickly turns back into "instructor" mode.

"Follow me down to the training center. You have 5 minutes to get down there otherwise you'll be scrubbing toilets!!" Seifer bellows above the chatter. The class quickly files out of the room either down the stairs or elevator, and one or two go to their dorm. Sandy manages o follow a group of girls down the stairs. Trying to be nice, she attempts some type of contact.

"Hi." She slurs as they walk down the stairs in a militant fashion. The girls, in an attempted act of politeness, respond back with a meek "Hi". One of them (Andrea) smiles but the rest just respond with an apathetic glare.

"So how old are all of you?" Sandy asks.

"I'm 18. The name's Andrea." Andrea, a girl with brilliant black hair that appears to be dyed of a purple replies, happily. Her eyes were covered in a pair of glasses with an elegant dainty frame. Her eyes emerge as a hot Coco brown, mixed with a creamer.

"I'm Sandy, in case you didn't know. I'm 19." Sandy introduces herself.

"This is Chloe." She points to the brunette, stepping slightly in front of everyone else.

"And this is Minnie." Andrea points to the tall girl with piercing curly red hair.

"Chloe is 17 and Minnie is turning 20 in 5 weeks." Andrea explains. Sandy nods.

"So I take it all of you are going to take the SeeD exam in two weeks."

"Yup" Andrea responds with a smile glued to her face.

"Most take it three or four times before they pass it. This will be my third try." Andrea elaborates on the subject. The rest remain silent as they walk through the corridors.

"Don't be offended, but is there a…you know…thing…between you and Instructor Almasy?" Minnie asks. Sandy turns bright red.

"What?? NOOOO…" Sandy defends.

"Umm Sandy, Yours face is completely red." Chloe jumps in. Sandy frowns, in a poor attempt not to smile. They walk into the training center to see the rest of their class already there.

"Ladies, if you'd care to notice, the time is 8 minutes from when we left the classroom. You NEED to be on time. Since you were probably showing Sandy around, I'll let this one slip." Seifer allows them to join the class without a detention.

"Nothing? Right…" Minnie concludes as she walks over to the back of the mob. Sandy feels her cheeks flush even more once he assigns the partners for training, Sandy and Seifer. Her newfound friends made a small "oooo". Sandy wants to disappear. After multiple battles against Seifer, most of them ending in Sandy's defeat, Sandy finally gains the upper hand. She flicks her wrist with increased energy. Once she beats him into submission, he congratulates her.

"Well done." He says as he stands up and dusts off his coat and pants.

"I don't know any new students who can beat me on their first day." He throws out a hand for her to shake.

"Very well done." She smiles and shakes his hand back.

"I take it you will be taking the field exam, am I correct?" Seifer inquires. Sandy looks at him, a bit taken back by his radical thinking.

"No. I am just starting." She quickly responds.

"I think you have lots of talent. Probably more talent than the majority of this room." He reassures. She looks at him skeptical.

"Trust me." He tries once again. She stares at him, into his deep emerald eyes that sparkled with hope and reassurance, who can say no to him??

"O…Okay." She replies, a little unconvinced. The bell rings and she is caught, looking like they're about to kiss. Seifer immediately stiffens and walks away, with Selphie's voice echoing in a haunting manner deep inside of his mind.

"Maybe you love her more than you're will to admit."

******~<><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><>~******

Squall stares at his desk as he hears an elevator's beep go off.

"That's Xu." He whispers, knowing what's about to come next. The door opens and in walks Xu with a file in her hand.

"Headmaster Leonheart, this is for you from Dr. Kowadski's desk. Here." She hands him the file. He opens it without fault. On the first page once word, stamped in red is all that matters.

MATCH

******~<><><><><><><>& lt;><><>~******

It's not the Majestic ending!!!! Now I don't feel so crummy!!!!!

Ok everyone, I'm going to bounce this off of you all, I have two options, I can either have my editor read it before hand, in which case it will take longer to upload, and it hopefully won't have any grammical errors. Or I can do what I'm doing now and it will have a few errors here and there. Let me know what you think.

Luv ya all, Jacks!!!!!!!

P.S. A BIG THANKIES TO ALL THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE FOR REVIEWING!!!

Horangi: I luv you!!!!! You are the best Editor in the world!!! Thanks for the review!!!!!

Twinkies: Thanks for the review!!!!!

Quistis Almasy: I'm glad you figured it out!!! That lets me know that I'm doing a good job as the author!!! Thanks for the review!!!

grrl_gamer: You are the best!!!! You reviewed twice!!! Way to beat the system!!!! Thanks for the review!!!!

Saiya Redynala: Now you don't have to be angry!! YEA!!!! Thanks for the review!! I'm glad you like it!!

LittleMaggie: WOW!!! You don't read long stories…Well I am proud to hear you say that you chose mine to be your first! Thank you for the wonderful reviews!!!

GoodGurl: I loved that story!!!! It's one of my favorites (I bookmark most of my faves since Fido is annoying.) Really if you rewrite it and think it's better you should do it, but if you don't want to that's ok too. Thank you for all of the great reviews!!

Miss_Novelist: I'm keeping the title, like you suggested. Thanks for the review and thanks for the input!!!!

Alonia Everclear: Seifer is the bomb as a teach!!!! I can't give clues as to when Quistis will remember, all I can say is soon, like next chappy, I will quit referring to her as Sandy.

Cortney: Ok I'll have no problems finishing this…Thanks so much for the review, I'm glad you like it

P.P.S. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!! YOU ALL REVIEWED MY STORY MORE THAN ONCE!!! (Cept for Twinkies)