Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Miracles ❯ Daughter of Cloud, the second generation Warrior ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Daughter of Cloud, the second generation Warrior

The thundering of trains over rusty, over worked tracks signaled morning in the town of Midgar, as people began to awaken... well, except for one lazy, late sleeper.

"Wakey, wakey Dante!" The bathrobe clad Tifa whispered, trying to wake her stubborn, sleeping daughter, who was in deep, deep, slumber. .:Extra emphasis on deep:. Tifa noted to her self. The sleeping child only groaned, and rolled over, pulling the pillow over her face. Tifa tugged on the child's chocolate colored hair, hoping the yanking would wake Dante up, but the child only slapped Tifa's hand away, and threw her arm over her face, which was still covered by the pillow.

"Cloud!" Tifa screamed. "Come wake up your daughter!" Cloud stomped into the room from the bathroom across the hall, his hair a mess, and a green toothbrush hanging limply from his rosy lips.

"You deal with her! She's yours!" Cloud bellowed, toothpaste dribbling down his cheek. Tifa threw her hands up in rage at her husbands, and her daughters laziness, and let out a frustrated groan. She grabbed her daughter by the arms and shook her harshly, not caring if she added to the brain damage the child already had,

"What?!" Dante yelled, pulling the pillow off her face and staring at her mother. She hadn't got any sleep all night because of the awful nightmares she had, and finally dozed off about 15 minutes before her mom came yelling like crazed woman.

" It's 6: 00! get up! You have to train and watch the bar!" Tifa snapped, releasing Dante to hit her head on the headboard of her bed with a loud CRACK! Cloud laughed, toothpaste oozing from his mouth, making him look like a rapid dog.

"Shut up dad!" Dante giggled, throwing the pillow at Cloud. Cloud threw it back, meaning to hit Dante, but hit Tifa in the face instead! Tifa stared down her childish husband, and her equally childish daughter with the death glare only a mother could possess.

Cloud took the hint, and went into father mode, and still laughing said; "Dante, get dress." He turned and began to walk back to the bathroom, a bitching Tifa at his heals.

"and that's another thing! Why doesn't our daughter have a girls name?! She is a girl!" Tifa whined to Cloud as he shut the door mumbling, "Not this again Tifa!"

Dante laughed as he closed the door. She loved the little quarrels her parents had. They were always amusing, but never enough to make the two lovers mad at each other. The noises they made in the room next to Dante's proved her theory correct. She wasn't stupid, she knew exactly what they were doing in there.

Dante finally got up and began dressing in a pair of worn, black jeans and one of her fathers old blue shirts that he used to wear in his younger years. Then she went to the mirror, groaning about brushing her hair, as she had Clouds hair, which was very sloppy and tangled. After braking two brushes, Dante finally got her hair into an over-stretched, blue scrunchie, leaving two blond bangs to dangle in her Mako green eyes.

"Don't forget to brush your teeth!" Came Tifa's orders as she passed Dante's door.

"Okay mom!" Dante yelled back, rolling her eyes. Sometimes she would get annoyed at how much her mother bitched at her, but knew they only did it out of love. They always made sure Dante knew how to fight, both hand to hand, and blade to blade. Her parents acted as if they knew something Dante didn't, and when Dante would ask about it, they would only answer with "If you only knew."

Before Dante set out for the training arena behind the bar, she took one last look in the mirror to make sure she looked okay so Tifa wouldn't bitch at her some more. She looked a lot like her father in the eyes. His ambitious spirit welled inside of her, and made her the best warrior in Midgar besides Cloud, and Rufus' three sons. But, she had her mothers beauty.

She giggled as she grabbed her black, gun-blade like sword and walked to the arena, with out brushing her teeth.