Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Miracles ❯ One step Closer ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One step Closer

Dante woke slowly to the sound of running water. She rubbed her eyes and sat up to see Setsuna rubbing a towel through his wet hair.

"Good morning, Miss Priss." He chuckled softly at Dante.

"Morning ass." She smiled back mockingly. She stretched a bit as she stood and yawned.

"As soon as you're ready to go, we'll head for sector 7, okay, your highness." Setsuna informed as he walked to his bed and rummaged through his bag for a toothbrush. But before he could get back to the bathroom, Dante sprang across the room and through the door before he could make it. She opened the door a bit and stuck her tongue out at him.

Setsuna sighed in annoyance. "Will you at least hand me the toothpaste?"

Dante chucked the tube of Crest out of the door, hitting Setsuna right in the face. "Thank you." He said, rubbing his nose. He heard Dante giggle on the other side of the door and grumbled as he walked over to the kitchen sink to brush his teeth.

Dante laughed as she disrobed. Tormenting the male gender of the human race was her favorite past time. She loved to piss them off. But as she thought about her favorite sport, her heart began to ache. The only boy she had never done this to was Hiro. She was very fond of him and could never muster the courage or the want to torment him. She missed him so much and the knowledge of knowing that he may be dead ate at her heart like a sickness.

She showered quickly, hoping the water would wash away her tears and worry, but found the sparkling caress did not. She dried and dressed, gathered her things and the two were off towards the sector 7 slums.

As Dante road about the town on her chocobo, she spotted various thieves, fugitives, children and couples going in various stores, and coming out with bought or stolen goods. But one couple, which was walking from a clothing and armor store, caught Dante's eye. ]

The man was only a few inches taller than the other man next to him. He had a long mass of fiery red hair and sparkling violet eyes, which Dante thought weird because no male she had ever seen, had such fascinating eyes. The other man was wearing a cloak and discarding a pair of jeans into the bag he was holding and then tossed the bag in a near by trash receptacle.

Dante watched the two, unaware that her and her chocobo had come to a stop and were blocking almost all movement in the street. And for a moment, the cloaked man looked up at her. Dante's green eyes met with the crimson ones of the male and her mind instantly flashed back to her meeting in the bar with Marcus Silver. He had given her a picture of 7 people, 2 of which were her parents and one was the gloomy man in the back which Dante swore she was making eye contact with right now. She remembered an newspaper article with the same man's face on it, red eyes and all. His name was Vincent Valentine and Dante knew that was who she was making eye contact with right now. She would have never guessed it was just his female offspring.

Dante was just about to yell out, convinced that this "Vincent" person knew where her father was, when Setsuna tapped her shoulder. She turned to look at him for a moment.

"Dante, you are blocking the path, what's wrong with you?" Setsuna snapped.

Dante shook her head and turned back to find the two men had disappeared into the morning chaos of shoppers. Dante grumbled and kicked her chocobo back into movement. She'd lost her only lead to her father to the bustling crowds of Midgar.