Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Behind the Lies ❯ The Forging of the Sword ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Rights to Final Fantasy 7 do not belong to me. I do not gain profit from this, just artisitc pleasure. Lu, however, is all mine.

In the town I had suddenly gone from a lump of coal to a beautiful diamond. I expressed my desire to learn how to craft weapons and Master Petr responded swiftly. I soon knew all that he could teach me. This took me half a year. I had an expert come and teach the rest of his trade. I was now fifteen and had learned everything possible about weapons and armor. I now had to get the materials to forge Sephiroth’s sword.

I would start the journey in Midgar herself. When I didn’t find what I wanted there I began traveling. I eventually ended up on the island called Hell. The leader of the island was known as the devil himself. Hell is a volcanic island with a special type of wood on it.

The devil challenged me to a mind game. I knew chess very well and accepted the challenge. If I won I would have the materials I needed. If I lost I had to give him my materia necklace that Sephiroth had given me. We played for six hours. I beat him and I was allowed to gather the items needed.

I was able to hack off a piece of the horn the devil used to call his people to him. I then climbed into the heart of one of the volcanoes and was able to gather the magma. It’s funny because it is still fuzzy and I don’t remember how I was able to get it to this day. One moment I am in the heart of the volcano wondering how I am going to get this magma from the volcano and the next thing I remember I have it inside the piece of the horn I was able to chop off.

The devil was none too pleased that I had destroyed his favorite instrument, so I had to run from the island. I barely made it to my little boat in time before the devil’s minions caught me. As I rowed away I noticed another island off in the distance. I wondered what was over there, so I went and checked it out. I was surprised to find that this one was not volcanic, but rather stuck against a protruding stalagmite from the ocean floor. It was a beautiful paradise of palm trees and soft green grass.

This island was known as Heaven and God ruled here. He smiled at me in welcome as I came ashore. He told me that I would be welcome to have the rest of the items I would need and the forging pit at the center of the island, however I had to pass a test.

I was led to the center of the island where beautiful flames leapt in a shimmering bonfire. God told me that if my quest was pure and untainted of malice then the fire would let me walk through and I would have the rest of my supplies along with my forge. I was to say the request out loud. The down side was that if my quest wasn’t pure then when I tried to pass through it the fire would burn and I would die.

I stepped up to the flames and said, “I am here to create a sword. A special sword for the only one who ever cared for me. A special sword for the only one who ever loved me. I wish to create a sword for the man who saved me and asked nothing for in return. This is my quest.” I walked through the fire.

On the other side were my other supplies. I sighed in relief and quickly got to work. It took me six months to create this sword. In those six months I gained my powers. I found out one of them in my second month there. I needed to go get the water from the bucket to cool part of the magma. To my shock, the water lifted out of the bucket that was just beyond my reach, and floated to where I could use it. I was so shocked that I almost lost control. I saw it waver and I focused on it yet again. I was able to use it to my advantage.

My appearance also changed during that time. My hair now held black sparkles in it and went down to my waist. My eyes had ruby red flecks to the already crimson color. My body became curvaceous, and it had a flair to it that would make most women go green with envy.

I finally had the sword done. I smiled at my creation. “Your name is the Masamune. You are for my true friend Sephiroth and you will serve only him. If he ever dies you are to return to me.” The sword hummed and vibrated against my hands. “If both Sephiroth and I die you are to return to the earth. No one will ever have you after us.” It hummed even harder against my hands.

“Very good, my dear.” God said to me as I left the island. “You have a fine sword for a fine man. Good luck.” I left to look for Sephiroth one week before my sixteenth birthday. As I left the island the boat only skimmed across the surface, making for a smooth and easy ride. I loved my new powers. He was not in Midgar, but then he was rarely there. Asking people in the Shinra Co. would be like talking to a brick wall. So I left and started at a couple of the local bars.