Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Behind the Lies ❯ Meet Your Master ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Rights to Final Fantasy 7 do not belong to me. I do not gain profit from this, just artisitc pleasure. Lu, however, is all mine.

That is where I met Tifa. I spent three days with her. She heard of a camp of SOLDIERs outside a small remote village by the sea. They were outside my home town so I returned there. In those days spent in Midgar Tifa and I became friends. I promised that I would return as soon as I could. She accepted that and knew she probably wouldn’t see me for awhile.

I went home and freshened up before going to the camp. I was an oddity in the camp, so many of the men followed me. I eventually got to the general’s tent.

“What do you want?” he sneered at me.

“Where is Sephiroth?” I asked.

“Why do you want to know that?” he replied.

“I have a gift for him. Tell me where to find him.”

“Find him yourself.” He shrugged and went back to the map in front of him.
I nodded and left the tent. I walked among the tents to the outskirts. He would never situate himself in the middle of all this. I found a lone tent apart from the rest. I walked over to it and peeked inside. In the middle of the tent was Sephiroth. He was meditating.

“Seph?” I questioned softly, not wanting to be attacked.

His eyes snapped open and his blue eyes were so cold they almost cut right through me. Then his eyes warmed and he smiled. I smiled back and entered the tent.

“Lu, I was getting worried.” He stood up and hugged me. “What kept you?”

I smiled before holding out the Masemune. “This. He is called the Masemune and he is yours. I made him for you.”

Sephiroth took it reverently and held it in front of him. “You made this? For me?” he almost whispered.

“Yes, I did. Keep it close. It’s one of its kind.” I smiled again before taking out several sheets of paper and laying them out on a makeshift desk. “This is the making of another sword and I want you to have it. It could come in handy. See how all the pieces fit together. Isn’t it amazing?”

He studied the sheets for a couple of minutes. “You are a true master in your work, Lu. This is incredible.” He picked me up and kissed me. His lips clung to mine for several moments. He pulled away and leaned his head against my forehead. He inhaled my scent. “Stay with me, love.” He whispered.

“Yes. I’ll stay.” I replied and he turned and blew out the candle as twilight fell upon the land.

I awoke before dawn. I slipped out of his bed, a cot really, and got dressed. I took a look outside and gently shook Sephiroth awake. “Wake up, my love, dawn draws near.”

He stretched and opened his eyes. “Hello, dearest.” He stood and placed a quick kiss on my lips. “Did you sleep well?”

“Of course I did. The others will be awake soon. Best to be dressed by then.” I made the bed quietly while he got dressed.

I went to him and we held each other for a little bit. Then he settled on the floor and began his morning workout. I sat down on the desk and brushed my hair out. Then, while he was doing his pushups, I sat on his back and brushed his hair. The flap was yanked aside and the general entered. Sephiroth continued his pushups and I ignored the man who entered like an animal without any manners.

“I’m so glad you kept your hair long. It looks so elegant. Especially against the black you seem to wear. Do you even have a different color in your wardrobe?” I chattered away.

“No. You should know that, dearest. I kept my hair long for you.” He told me after a pause.

“At least you have manners. Some of the men here act like animals.” I glared at the general and used my powers to push him back outside the tent. I then kept the flap of the tent down with my powers so he couldn’t storm back in.

“Nice trick.” Sephiroth commented as I got off his back and settled down on his cot.

“Thanks. When do you have to go?” he came over and wrapped his arms around me and I leaned against him.

“Soon.” He settled his head on top of mine.

“Too bad.” We stayed this way for a good fifteen minutes.” Should we let the general back in and see what he wants?”

Sephiroth nodded and stood at military attention while the general tumbled into the room and landed flat on his face.

“Well, that is a little bit better.” I stood gracefully.

The general lumbered to his feet. His face was beet red. “Shinra would like to see you.” He pointed at me.

“Why would I want to talk to him?” I crossed the room and looked up at him.

“If you don’t then I have been given permission to use force.” He told me.
Sephiroth narrowed his eyes and glared at the general. He soon had the man shifting from underneath that icy stare. “Anyone that would harm her has to go through me.”

“B-but, s-s-sir . . .”

“No buts, general. Now, love, will you go see the head honcho?” he asked me.

“I don’t think I will. Not with the way his messenger is acting. I think I will go home now.” I pulled Sephiroth’s head to mine and kissed him lovingly. “Stay safe.”

“You, too.” He whispered against my ear as he held me close for several long moments.

I walked out of the camp and down to my house on the beach. I went inside and sighed softly. I started to go about my normal routine when there was a knock at the door. I went over and opened it, “Hello?” I asked as I opened it. Before I could get anything else out the door was shoved roughly against the wall and I was thrown to the ground. I tried to right myself, but someone clapped a damp cloth to my face and everything turned black after a few moments of struggling with my captor.