Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Behind the Lies ❯ Escaping Prison and the Task at Hand ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Rights to Final Fantasy 7 do not belong to me. I do not gain profit from this, just artisitc pleasure. Lu, however, is all mine.

I woke up to find myself against a metal floor. When I glanced up to look around my gaze was instantly snagged by a cylindrical holding tube filled with liquid. It was not the liquid itself that had me captivated, but rather the woman inside of it. “Who are you?”

‘I am your lover’s mother. I am Jenova.’ The voice whispered to me inside my head.

“What do you want with me? Why am I here?” I demanded.

‘You are here because Shinra wants you dead. You have too much a hold on his favorite executioner. He feels that it would be fitting for you to be killed by me. I don’t like you. I hate the fact that you took away my son’s love. My darling Sephiroth.’ The voice turned cold and calculating. ‘If I did not need you, you would have been dead the moment you woke up. I would have incinerated you until not even your clothes are left. You humans disgust me.’

I took a deep breath. “You said you needed me. What for?” I spoke deferentially to the woman that I was sure could carry out her threat.

‘I need you to go and gather three women. They are for my sons that are coming. You will find them throughout this world. One sings a song sweeter than the very angels. One cooks better than the finest chef in Shinra’s compound. And one fights better than even my son. Find them and get them to agree to come when you call.’

“How do I escape from this place to do as you ask?” I wondered.

‘There is a passageway behind this prison I am housed in. You will be able to fit through there. Go, and do not fail me.’ With that the creature’s eyes closed and the voice stopped speaking to me. I crawled through the tunnel and found myself high in the mountains. Okay. Now, where do I start?

It took me years to find and gain the women’s trust. For the first, I had to learn to play five instruments. For the second, I had to make a banquet fit for a king. The third took the longest. I had to beat her in sword combat and learn many of the other weapons out there. Once I had satisfied them all, they agreed that they would come when I needed them. I was passing on my way back through Nibelheim, looking for Sephiroth when I heard the news. I knew something was up because the town that I passed through looked like it had been through a catastrophe.

“I heard Shinra is calling for the Nightmare’s head. Said he’s gone mad.” An old man muttered to a younger lady.

“Of course he is. I saw it right here. Guy came through like he had gone mad. Tried to burn the town to the ground.” She spat back.

I froze and looked up to where I thought I had been held. All there was now was a burnt pile of steel beams. I floated up to the ruins and began searching for something. I found it on a half burned sheet of paper.

Captive 1134gh7, otherwise known as Lu, has been terminated. Nothing remains.

I sank to my knees. It couldn’t be true. Then, I felt a pulsing in the air and the Masemune was in front of me, driving the truth home.

The End



A/N: Thank you for reading. I have a sequel in mind; however it may not be up for awhile